main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V AHSOKA Lit Thread - All Spoilers Under TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 10, 2020.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    See that’s the world of difference. I’d argue Thrawn is a bigger deal within the franchise and fandom, he’s got a 30 year legacy, whereas Snoke’s only really in 2 movies as a side role.

But that’s what this all boils down to, there’s a huge gap between people who have seen the movies and those who have experienced the ancillary media.

CampOfSorgan, Jedi Ben and Riv_Shiel like this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder how all the reaction would be if at the end of Ahsoka we see Thrawn with a mysterious figure as his advisor be revealed to be Snoke?

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'd be down for it.

4. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Sequel fans would love it, those who don’t like the Sequels would probably roll their eyes.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So pretty much anyone who doesn't care for a particular era feels whenever something from one era finds its way into another

6. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Yes. I happen to know a few people who hated that Boba Fett directly quoted Jango Fett in The Tragedy.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I can see that, I hope they get into more cloning with Thrawn and how ties in with Snoke like in legends with him and the jedi character. I think we Will see Mount Tantiss in live action.

Also with the return of Sabine we got the little arc of Sabine in mandalorian episodes of her maybe leading Mandalore in future. Raising an army, being the best of the mandalorians, both Bo-Katan and Fenn Rau saw Sabine for what she is and could be in future. Bo's time is soon done, but will Sabine take the darksaber back and be leader of Mandalore. We got two potenial leaders of Mandalore in both Sabine and Din, both were outcast of Mandalore in someways. One was raised by a cult and one was exiled by mandalorians. Maybe it will end with a king and queen of Mandalore with Sabine and Din instead of the one Mandalore, like in the past.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Personally I hope it turns out Thrawn has become a master of dark science. Like maybe he got his Ph.D. studying in the unknown regions, so now he's Dr. Thrawn. Entire episodes of him writing grant proposals to fund his research into reanimating dead officers. Multiple grad students busy in the laboratory trying to extract the Force dampening secrets of the ysalamiri.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

A New show with new republic?

JediFett10 likes this.
  10. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    He’s dead Jim.

BigAl6ft6 and JediFett10 like this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    They cannot kill that which never lived.

BigAl6ft6 and SyndicThrass like this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They didn't even write a script or page for this, so good on for Gina to kill this off in it's infancy. Probaly the less intresting project of the Mnadalorian shows. They will use elemtns of it on Mandalorian and Boba in future seasons.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So if there's flashbacks to Anakin and Snips in the Clone War (seems likely) will they cast another young Snips version? And hopefully she'll be voiced by Ashley Eckstien. Maybe can just head canon that when Togrutas reach a certain age they turn into Rosario Dawson.

14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I have to admit I am pretty baffled about all of this.

Like, Gina was fired before they announced this show, if that was such an obstacle, why announce it at all?

And if they hadn't written any scripts yet, shouldn't that make it easier to rewrite the story to have a different lead?

Shame, I really wanted to see the New Republic be more front and center for once, given that is usually in the background with barely getting a glimpse at it.

Oh well, at least it was said that some of the ideas of the show have been recycled as part of other shows, hopefully that includes the New Republic playing a bigger role in at least one of them.

Riv_Shiel, Jedi Ben and Golbolco like this.
  15. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Gina was actually released from The Mandalorian a couple months after the announcement that included Rangers... but it had never been confirmed that Gina's character was to have anything to do with that show. That was always pure fan speculation.

Re: "Ethan's" tweet - that's supposedly an excerpt from an article in Empire magazine. While I would generally consider Empire a reliable source, there's a certain lack of context around Kathleen Kennedy's quote, which is framed in such a way as to "confirm" various rumors. Without that context, I find myself unconvinced that KK is actually "confirming" anything one way or another here.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I suspect there's a lot more going on behind the scenes, and I definitely don't believe for a moment that Gina was the reason the show was indefinitely postponed. I think Disney, much like the video gaming industry, likes to promote products years before they're ready in order to keep hype going. But a lot of stars have to align in order for these to go anywhere.

There is a market for Rangers though, and I bet they haven't cancelled it entirely.

17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Understatement of the decade ;)

But i to tend to agree overall with what being said.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2021
    Ghost likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  19. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    She has a Chiss look to her.

(She’s probably not a Chiss)

Daneira likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Admiral ar'alani live action deput and ally to Thrawn, pls and thank you. Or they can make a new chiss character! Lets see some chiss outside of the great Admiral Thrawn!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  21. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    She looks like she could be related to Lars Mikkelsen but I doubt she’ll be playing a Chiss.

You bring Thrawn into live action, you keep him the only person with blue skin and glowing red eyes to keep him distinct and vivid in the minds of the audience so they can understand this is the big bad guy on Star Wars tv for the next few years.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope they don't go the route of Thrawn being evil becuse he'a blue and has red eyes, that might look like a bad guy, sure >Thrawn willl be the bad guy but lets see some other chiss as not to brand them the villains of the Mandalorian and its spin off stories.

23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    The red eyes were always meant to be villainous and scary. It’s why when Filoni introduced Thrawn in Rebels he outright homaged the scene from Bram Stoker’s Dracula where the vampiric red eyes linger from one shot to another. Filoni’s whole take on the character was to make him otherworldly and threatening compared to typical Imps. I can’t imagine he’ll drop that in Live Action.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah maybe but he hope he goes beyond that and show us more of Thrawn and rest of the chiss, at beginning of Rebels Season 3 he is this treathening blue skin, red eyes grand Admiral. I hope they want do more with him. What if she's a chiss navigator who Ezra teaches about using the force to navigate trough hyperspace.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  25. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I think this actress is probably playing an audience surrogate character that Ahsoka meets on her journey, who she can give exposition to so that the casual viewer can understand what happened in Clone Wars and Rebels.

Because we can’t have this show just be all established characters or characters tied into bigger mythology and hidden societies that needs to be explained. You need an average person to ground all of this.

Sarge likes this.