main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V AHSOKA Lit Thread - All Spoilers Under TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well there's her and another new character, so two new ones.

2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    And I don’t think either will be Chiss, Grysk, Rakatan or Yuuzhan Vong.

Frankly I don’t think they’d let Tim Zahn do so much work building up the Chiss Ascendancy if they had plans to deal with it in live action any time soon. They’d tell him to back off and leave it to Filoni and Favreau to figure out.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't think we will see the chiss home world or anything but see other chiss species either on Thraw's fleet or cameo from other chiss. I think we might get hint or refference of Grysk or Vong as an enemy Thrawn wants to deal with. The big crossover might be about Thrawn and our heroes deal with the alien invasion going to happen. And that probaly won't be until few years from now on, they probaly don't have mutch of a story on that. I like if Snoke's attendants who help navigate the unkown regions come into play. First order might get more and more involved.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm not even gonna pretend Thrawn is in this until I hear "Lars Mikkelsen cast in Ahsoka"

MercenaryAce, Krueger and Daneira like this.
  5. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    "...as George Erso, long-lost brother of Galen."

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Agreed with that.

This is gonna be Ashoka Re-Introduction show after all...Whole audiences who never knew she was a thing in animation are about to meet her in live action

She'll be what Din was in her episode

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    "Oh look, here's George, back from the dead!"

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and Nom von Anor like this.
  8. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    It’s a miracle.

AusStig and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    What if Galen Erso was a chiss in secret and made himself look human,[face_thinking]

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

"It’s all done! I can confirm that Lars Mikkelsen will be playing Thrawn in live-action in the Ahsoka series. The deal might also include other Star Wars live-action shows beyond Ahsoka. I’ll let you know."

"Dave Filoni’s been very keen on getting Lars to play Thrawn in live-action. He was his only real choice for the role. It does look like he’s signed on to play the Rebels character he voiced in the animated show. It also seems as though Lars will be playing Thrawn in other Star Wars live-action shows as well – not just Ahsoka."

QuinlanSolo and JediFett10 like this.
  11. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    A tweet from yesterday that links to an article posted almost a year ago, on 14 January, 2021.

The idea is believable enough but you share the worst possible sources, Fred

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Seems belivable to me, sure it's not a trustworthy source.:p

13. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah I think Mikkelsen playing Thrawn has been known for awhile. Anybody tweeting about it now is probably just trying to get clicks.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it's intresting that it might be several new shows too.

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

If it's not a trustworthy source then the believability doesn't really matter

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  17. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Wow. Fred links to a legitimate source.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ara’lani?

20. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    She’s said to be a few years older than Thrawn in the Ascendancy Trilogy, and Thrawn himself is…what, 60-ish by this point? It’d be weird, especially if they do get Mikkelsen back for the role.

(also I don’t think we’re seeing any of the modern Zahn characters in this.)

21. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I have seen people suggest Hera which makes sense.

I also have seen some suggestions that she is playing Bariss...which seems less likely...but I will be honest I would love to have Bariss show up again.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Barris wil be played by POC like she in prequels. The characters won't be whitwashed. Like Ezra and Sabine will be played by indian and asian. I think we might see some chiss with Thrawn. The actress plays some good villains, so maybe former imperial. I think Hera makes sense and we get Jacen Syndulla with her.

23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    To clarify, her not being poc is why I was saying it very unlikely that she is playing Bariss, but I just hope we get Bariss at some point again. Looking again, I phrased that very poorly.

But yeah, new characters are exciting too, and Thrawn will need characters to work for him. Plus probably some side antagonist and quest givers.

...though on the topic of returning characters, I wonder if the Magistrate will appear again. I liked her performance, and what we got of her backstory was intriguing enough I would like more answers.

Sarge likes this.
  24. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Humanoid form of Morai or she'll play Niphal (Daughter of Mortis)
    in Force/flashback/dream scenes with Ahsoka

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    Foreign32567 likes this.
  25. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    To be honest I don't think anyone should get their hopes up about seeing Barriss. They have had plenty of opportunities to use her character again and they have chosen not to. And it wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense to all of a sudden do it now in a show which takes place thirty years after we last saw her.

JediBatman and Dream-Thinker like this.