main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Mandalorians (Clans, Tribes, Mercs) in The Mandalorian (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020
    With the developments of todays BOBF episode. Mandalore and the survivors of the Purge seem to have been give more focus. The House of Kryze, and Viszla have dependents. What do we think of the Armorer and the remaining Nite Owls?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I'm still convinced the armorer isn't a bad person, just one who is very stuck in her ways.

Grey Matter and The Togruta Jedi like this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think it might be the case that Paz Vizsla is now the last Vizsla and Bo Katan is now the last Kryze. The Armorer's recounting of the Purge does bring up the question of if the more outlying Mandalorian Clans like Clan Wren survived the purge relatively in-tact since their strongholds existed off-world.

4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Korkie could be out there somewhere, I hope he is. I think a few more clans are needed to, let's have a Clan Mereel.

5. The Togruta Jedi

Nov 22, 2020
    I think this may be the case as well. But what affiliation does the Armorer have that both Din and Paz are willing to follow her? (So to speak)

Besides the Tribe

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    We know that there are clans sqattered around the galaxy and season 3 of mandalorian will reunite the clans together and retake their homeworld.

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    A Mereel Clan would be cool, as would a Skirata Clan. Unfortunately for Korkie, what Bo said last season about her being the last of her line leaves just about no room for Korkie Kryze to have survived.

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Eh I prefer they never retake there homeworld, nor ever recover in large numbers again. We also know the First Order is coming. I doubt during there attacks upon the galaxy they would ignore a new settlement on Mandalore.

Eventually warrior cultures fall from their glory, I wasn’t surprised that Mandos got purged by the empire.

We still have plenty of years pre-Purge and also pre-glassed Mandalore that can be explored in the old republic eras.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With is sad if this is the end of two great houses, the Kryze and Viszla houses. I hope both lines can continnue

10. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Well, they do just need to find a person and love them very much :p

Django Fett and The Togruta Jedi like this.
  11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It wouldn't be the first time a character says another character is dead only for them to turn up later in SW.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    You already wiped out the skywalker family, lets not wipe out every great family in star wars before the end of the saga, lol.

godisawesome likes this.
  13. The Togruta Jedi

Nov 22, 2020
    or each other :D[face_laugh]

14. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    The Armorer has an ethos and creed that had a more natural route to survive the aftermath of the Purge, and the ethos and creed is larger than herself and genuinely offers a method for reuniting disparate Mandalorians and growing their numbers faster than other methods.

One Covert had a not inconsiderable amount of Mandos in its ranks, including numerous younglings, and an equality of stature that prevented too much infighting... and when it got decimated, the Armorer didn't seem that crushed by it, perhaps implying the Creed is designed to overcome and repair the ranks after such an event.

I could see it being something like this:

- Conventional Houses and Clans: Older, more prestigious, perhaps even better equipped, housed and armed.... but broken in terms of manpower, and fractious among themselves.

- Children of the Watch: Less well-equipped, less prestigious, and isolated in smaller groups hidden around the Galaxy... but united in rebuilding their civilization and culture.

-

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Who said she's bad?

16. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    As soon as the cult thing happened people were going THE ARMORER IS AN EVIL ZEALOT everywhere.

17. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    I think she's in roughly the same area as Bo Katan - flawed anti-heroes with a limited view of their culture that hampers and handicaps them in a time of need... but in different ways, and with both of them still also having many admirable and virtuous qualities. Neither is quite adequate to the demands of the adversity ALL their people face/have faced... but neither are they true liabilities at the current time, and if united behind a single, more adequate leadership and vision, could contribute greatly to the Mandalorian resurgence.

While Bo's flaw is a nationalistically myopic view that glorifies direct combat and (mildly) an old aristocratic order, she's still got a selfless willingness to sacrifice for her people and a greater degree of pragmatism (if still not enough, or too much in some areas) compared to the Armorer. The Armorer's flaw is a exclusionary dogma and at times (slightly) anti-intellectual fundamentalism, she's still a got a selfless willingness to sacrifice for her people and her dogma is more equitable to members and integration.

In comparison and contrast, while I'd argue that Fenn Rau has illustrated a greater degree of righteousness and wider view of Mandalore and the Galaxy, he's also still got a bit of a chip on his shoulder overall, and he and Sabine, and even more righteous person but one with severe skeletons in her closet, are both overwhelmed by the challenge of uniting their people.

Din's liable to become the best of all Mnadlaorians on his path to become their champion, whether that means being Mandalore, being a revolutionary, or simply being a paragon.

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ve never been to everywhere, so I didn’t notice.

19. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I really think that would not work out well...

Bo: You know Pre Vizla used to take his helmet off all the time
    Paz: No..he followed the way...how can you say that about him.

I actually would like Bo and Fenn Rau together.

Now what about Jodo Kast...will he be brought back and retconned as Mandalorian from the same clan as Rook Kast?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

I wonder if there are any others from house Viszla is still around like Paz Viszla's brother.

21. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Well, Clan Wren is House Vizsla, but I'm assuming you mean Clan Vizsla.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes, since Bo survived.Fenn Rau and clan Viszla could maybe.

23. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    With the new season starting soon, what tribe's will be united and which will repel any unity?
    After the end of season 2, I imagined what's left of Mandalore will be searching for a new leader and while Bo Katan has the influence and the persona, Din Djarin has the Dark Saber and the pedigree.

24. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    I think that Bo-Katan’s faction and the Armorer’s both support eventual unification, but under very strict and exclusionary rules - Bo-Katan seeks to redeem herself as the leader of all Mandos and is actively working towards that goal, while the Children of the Watch reject many other Mandos for not being Mando enough, but have a foundling-friendly adoption program. We’ve no idea what number of Mandos Bo-Katan’s faction represents… but she felt comfortable seizing both a Gozanti and light cruiser from Gideon, which might imply at least a few dozen personnel if she isn’t just adding to a private but undermanned fleet. Meanwhile, I think it’s been pretty heavily implied that the Armorer and Paz’s Covert represents only one cell of many Children of the Watch.

We also have no idea if any other factions are out there - Clan Wren is unaccounted for outside of Sabine’s own survival, the Protectors could be wiped out or independent again, and for all we know there might be thousands of Mandalorian descendants out there, rejected by the Watch but still a “people” who could use a home.

What am I hoping for? The Armorer and Bo-Katan speaking for hundreds of people combined, an appearance by Kevin McKidd as Fenn Rau so that Din has to prove himself to a wary and weary Protectors faction or even just reform them, and maybe some reveal wherein Sabine used her connections to the Rebel Alliance and Lothal to help evacuate Mandalorians.

I also feel like we have to see Armorer and Bo Katan demand Din settle where Sabine stands in regards to the darksaber…

25. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Bumping this off a thought and query for anyone else who’s interested in both the different Mandalorian factions, their ethos, and how it deals with Din’s identity as a Mandalorian:

Do you guys think we’ll ever revisit the Death Watch rescuing Din? Find out why they were there at that time? Explore whether they had altruistic reasons… or not?

Because there’s two major possibilities: Din was rescued by a genuinely more heroic set of Death Watch members, in which case we’ll likely eventually see some interesting lore explanation of that at least in expanded universe material… or they had less altruistic objectives for some reason, and there’s a slim chance Din might have to grapple with being an indirect victim of Mandalorian war-mongering from his own rescuers.

I don’t think we’ll do the latter, but I do think it’s a small possibility. Thoughts?