main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Mandalorians vs Sith

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by ChefCurryWindu, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Hello everyone,

We know how the Mandalorians were considered the best warriors in the galaxy and often fought numerous times against the Jedi. However, are there any cases in the EU were Mandalorians fought against the Sith Empire, or any Sith lords in particular? How did they fare against the Sith?

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A few, actually.

Mandalore the Indomitable fought Ulic Qel-Droma in personal combat on Kuar.

Mandalore the Preserver led the Mandalorians to war against the Sith Triumvirate, especially Darth Nihilus at Telos.

Mandalorians fought Darth Caedus, too, some entering into personal combat with him beside Jedi Jaina Solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamiel, Amon_Amarth, bizzbizz and 4 others like this.
  3. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    1. Ah yes, I totally forgot about that until you helped me remember it! Mandalore was no match for Qel-Droma as far as I can recall.

2. Interesting to hear, so it was a Mandalorian fleet vs a Sith fleet.

3. Another interesting tidbit, how did those Mandalorians do against Caedus?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    3. First time around, they caught Caedus in a tube between a shuttle and Star Destroyer trying to prevent his Sith apprentice from bleeding out from a thigh wound. They cut the tube and he was forced to also hold together the tube, and so he’s multi-tasking horrifically and a Mandalorian kneecaps him before he used the pain to fuel his power and escape, and save his apprentice from death.

The second time, half a dozen Mandalorians attack the Moffs and he slaughters then all. With ease. With aplomb. Without breaking a sweat. He uses shatterpoint to break lightsaber-proof lightsaber armour; he has a fist-fight with one but really uses the Mando to shield him from sniper fire until the sniper needs to reload, and drives his saber through the man’s visor; he chokes one to death; he sends one flying and she crashes upside down on her head, and is left for dead. The others his Stormtroopers kill.

His response to said second attack is to have a fleet bombard Mandalore and a nanokiller weapon used on the world that kills everyone with Fett DNA. Which there was a lot on-world by that point.

There’s also the moment in both continuities where Maul fights the leader of Death Watch for the throne. Dead Death Watch Leader.

5. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    I'd like to hear from @Bardan_Jusik , the resident Mandalorian expert, on this topic... to get the other side (if there is one?).

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Considering how little of the EU I have actually read I don't have much of counter to this. ;) The first instance that came to mind was the Vizsla/Maul battle already mentioned. My understanding, and this was backed up by Rebels, is that Mandalorian tech and fighting skills are enough to allow a highly trained Mandalorian take on a force user (of either light or dark side bent) but there is a steep curve that pretty universally favors the force user.

Against the best of the best of force users of either side; Windu, Caedus (who is a very special case not many force users could even take him on) and so forth there is little chance (never tell me the odds) for even a highly trained Mando to come out on top. Though they should fare better than most and the shabla spoonbender will know they've been in a fight. :p

Now given the Sith tendency towards concentrating their power in just a few individuals, those I think are generally more powerful on an individual basis than their Jedi counterparts who tend tend towards the larger group, with some far less trained and less powerful than their Sith analogues. Those "weaker" Jedi tend to be the ones we see Mandalorians dispatching while the upper echelon Jedi seem to fare far better, whereas the Sith weed out the "weaker" darksiders from their ranks.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    The glaring inconsistency between how Caedus performed against the Mandos in Revelation and how he performed in Invincible was never something I could easily square. I get Caedus was trapped and had other concerns(that was the same situation in the final duel with Jaina-guess Caedus is at his weakest when his attention is occupied elsewhere).

Mostlymad and Sinrebirth like this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I disagree. Caedus just took down a planetary shield. I’d be more annoyed if he’d just carried on.

9. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    In the Sith-Imperial war the GA hired the Mandolorians to fight against the Sith/Imperial forces

10. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I think that the sith would eventually win with their force knowledge and ability to corrupt opponents

11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    We know the OOU reasons for the discrepancy. Its one of those instances where IU justifications feel somewhat hollow.

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Not even Revan, or Valkorion, or Sidious did that. The OOU remains are moot for me.

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I guess that's a matter of personal taste and SOD limitations I suppose.

14. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    Darth Maul basically single handedly won leadership of Mandalore. ...and Darth Caedus wiped out a bunch of Mandalorians before seeding the planet with his nano-killer bomb. Hands down Sith over Mandalorians.

Bernael Edit: Thread locked by moderator due to inactivity. Should you desire the thread reactivated please contact Sinrebirth, darthbernael, or Bardan_Jusik.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.