main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Mankind's Greatest Ongoing Adventure: Stargate SG-1 (and Origins) (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Merkurian , Feb 10, 2006.

1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    You're right:

Teal'c was forced to fire his staff weapon at her, as Amonet was about to kill Jackson.

2. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Replicators, defiantly done.

NOT YET

Stargate Atlantis Season 3 Episode The Return, Part I
    Major General Jack O'Neill is summoned to Atlantis to deal with the new threat from the Asurans, the ancient relatives of the human-form Replicators ("Progeny"). But when the Asurans invade Atlantis itself, no one is safe.

3. Zivalyia

Zivalyia Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2006
    I wasn't referring to Sha're, I was talking about Daniel's archeologist girlfriend who was host to Osiris for a while. In the episode when Sam dates "stalker Pete" Osiris is trying to get some information from Daniel while he's sleeping and the rest of the team manage to capture her/Osiris. The Tok'ra were able to safely remove Osiris from her and that's the last we heard. By the way it doesn't make sense for Daniel's grandfather to be the ambassador of the human race participating in an exchange of cultural information and then we never hear from him or the giant aliens again. Who are the ancient relatives of the replicators?

4. Jedi_Master_25

Jedi_Master_25 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    I have a question.....

What happens after the humans with there allies engage the auri after they find the fully functional supergate? I never saw anything after it.

5. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Thats because its the season 10 opener ;)

6. Jedi_Master_25

May 1, 2006
    ah ok that makes sense

7. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    i say the wraith and the ori come to earth at the same time and they fight for control. maybe they will get locked in some sort of limbo. they both suck the life out their victims.

8. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I don't think the Wraith are going to make it.

9. Jedi_Master_25

May 1, 2006
    How are the goulowl weapons powered i havent ever seen an eposide where thry explain it.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "Goa'uld"

We saw the power source for a staff weapon in one episode where Teal'c removed it, IIRC. Some kind of glowing green liquid cartridge.

I think the implication is that the other Goa'uld ships run on naquadah generators- just ones more advanced/refined than the ones we're capable of producing. Other stuff like the hand devices are powered by naquadah in the blood of the user, I think.

11. weezer

May 16, 2001
    IIRC the "glowing green liquid" is liquid naquadah.

Naquadah is pretty much the cornerstone of their tech.

12. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

I was dissapointed when Jolinar of Malkshur died. Had they already understood what Tok'ra stood for, I wonder if Sam and Jolinar would have been good friends? The whole thing about season 9 and Jack O'neill leaving the SGC to be head of Home World Security is hard to believe he would leave like that. I thought he and Sam would have taken a bounce in the end. More likely this is more of a request from RDA than a believable character decision. In other words Jack O'neill would never do something like that.:mad:

Jack: Lucy I'm home! Hey I'm all better let me out.
    Teal'c: I cannot be sure. You addresed me as Lucy, it is quite clear you are not well
    Jack: Come on I was kidding. It's from a tv show.......

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, I think the reason Jack took the job was so that he and Sam could be together- you'll note they've hinted the two are together in Season 9 a couple times (or, at leastm that Sam is involved with someone) since she's no longer serving with him/under him.

14. Zivalyia

Zivalyia Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2006
    They now have powerfull ships that can travel to other galaxies and good shield technology, when are they going to get planetary shields to protect Earth? Also, an energy shield like the one on the Atlantis gate would be helpful. I wonder what happened to the Reetou (the invisible crab-like beings with powerfull hand weapons) supposedly they were going to attack Earth...
    I agree that the Wraith won't make it to Earth, but it would be interesting to see an encounter between the Goa'uld and the Wraith. Also, I think the Ancients might try to stop the Ori incursion, then again they seem to do a lot of nothing so far except for Oma Desala.

15. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

I have a puzzeling question. Why did Ra not have Jaffa warriors on Abydos?:confused:

16. weezer

May 16, 2001
    There weren't :confused:

I thought there were.

17. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Big spoilers coming up in a season 10 episode.
    Source: gateworld.net

Mitchell, Carter, Teal'c, and Vala visit another world, where yet another village of humans has been approached by a Prior of the Ori. They talk with the village leader, Tevaris, who explains that a Prior has recently visited them and spoke persuasively about the Ori religion.

The team is curious to learn from Tevaris that this particular Prior has yet to make any threats that the village will face death and destruction if they refuse to follow Origin. Instead, he is using a "soft sell" method of evangelism, sharing only the benefits and positive merits of Origin as the one true path to salvation.

When it is announced that the Prior has returned for their answer, SG-1 takes cover to hide from him. The shrouded man walks into the village and asks Tevaris for his answer. At first SG-1 cannot see his face, but when they do they are stunned: With the white hair, a pale face, and milky eyes of a transformed Prior, it is Daniel Jackson.

18. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Oh snap!

That is a big spoiler.

Sounds like it could be good though.

19. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

Take a good look Weezer. They have no pouches. Another strange thing is this, according to the movie Abydos is in another galaxy, yet it's address is only seven chevrons long. In the "Fifth Race" when Jack goes to the home planet of the Asgard, which is also in another galaxy it takes 8 chevrons in it's address. Why the heck is this? Notice the computer says that address is not on the Abydos cartouch. :confused:

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Among the discrepancies/changes between the film and series was the pouch thing, Abydos going from being in another galaxy to one of the closest to Earth, introduction of DHDs, etc. But the warriors serving Ra were essentially his Jaffa- "Anubis" (the Jackal head) being his first prime (though why Anubis's Jaffa were serving Ra, who knows? Maybe he absorbed Anubis's warriors after Anubis was banished).

21. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Actually I could see that coming a mile away.

Let's face it. It has been a while since Daniel last died. He must be starting to miss it.

22. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

Second Quest, I think you're talking about Horus guards, they are the ones who protect Ra and his family, their heads actually resemble birds, with the exception of the Anubis-Headed guard which serves as their leader, and the First Prime of the Goa'uld that they serve. My point is the ones in the movie aren't true Jaffa.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No, I know the Horus guards were for Ra and his family, but the Jackal guards are supposed to be Anubis's Jaffa (Serpants for Apophus, whatever goes with the devil guards for Sokar, etc). We just never see them in SG-1, only the one in the movie (something that's really annoyed me because it was my favorite of the three helmet designs), because by the time of the Anubis story arc on the show, they started straying away from having the actors wear the helmets cause theyw ere too heavy, so they missed that chance to bring it back. (though we would have finally seen them in the Alliance video game serving Anubis, had it not been cancelled)

Now, obviously, the Horus/Anubis Jaffa familial distinctions didn't exist when the film was made, but to retcon it, I'd say the most likely explaination was that, after Anubis was banned by the System Lords, Ra absorbed some or all of Anubis's Jaffa (much like how Apophus absorbed Sokar's devil guards to his Serpant Guard), and one of them eventually rose to be his First Prime.

24. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

It's unfortunate we don't get to see Sokar's Devil guards. I wonder what those helmets looked like. Tell me if you've heard of the Setesh guards, there mentioned in "Seth", but we don't get to see them either, though Teal'c did make a joke about them, but no one understood it but him. I agree with your retconn, but you didn't explain the lack of a pouch in the movie, may'be they aren't Jaffa at all, and the reason Ra is using them instead is because,it may have something to do with the fact that he's not in the Milky Way any more, and don't forget he thought he was the last Goa'uld.

Jack: A Jaffa joke? Let's hear it.[face_praying]
    Teal'c: The Serpent guard's eyes glow, the Horus guard's beak glistens, the Setesh guard's nose chips. (Teal'c laughing)( everyone else confused.) :confused: :oops:

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    i think it's actually "drips", not "chips".

>>I agree with your retconn, but you didn't explain the lack of a pouch in the movie<<

Don't have an explaination for it. Though it's a bit of a minor visual detail discrepancy compared to the helmets.

I think the film was supposed to imply they were just regular men serving Ra, and SG-1 retconned them into Jaffa.