main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Many Faces of the Force: Winner of Best Underated!! Completed July 7th!! Author Replies Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_Solo_15, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    i wonder....

-jj00

2. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
  3. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    FuzzyRatt: I'm not entirely sure she's telling the truth, yet either. I guess i'll have to just see where it wants to go.

Jaina_and_Jag: Your wish is granted. Jag is back in the next postie.

Rogue11JS: So sorry the mush isn't here quite yet, but it is coming soon, like in the postie after this one.

Arissa: I'm sure Mara would volunteer for that duty, but i'm not sure if that's what will end up happening. I'm kinda making this up as I go along.

JJ00: I love your Jag avatar, but what are you wondering? Is something in my chapters confusing? I mean other than the whole mysterious-not-telling-the-readers-yet part.

JainaSticksSolo19: Thank you for reading this and i'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hopefully i'll have another post up a little later.

4. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Okay, thank ya'll for all of ya'lls reviews. Hopefully I'll have another postie up later tonight or tommorow.
    Enjoy.

Chapter 2c.

Jag Fel slowly climbed out of his clawcraft. After almost eight consecutive hours of flying, he and the rest of the squadron had been pulled off of patrol duty and brought back in to Freedom?s Defender. To his surprise, he was immediately met by a small group of people. Some of the most influential people for parsecs, in fact.

Jaina stood in front, flanked on the left by Kyp and Wes Janson. On her right, he saw the man he recognized as Captain Elisim, the Captain of Freedom?s Defender and a tall, blonde woman whom he had never seen before. Jaina didn?t look happy, he noted, as he looked around questioningly.

?Right this way, right this way,? said with was in an annoying stepping forward. Grabbing Jag?s arm he pulled the slightly surprised Colonel down the corridor. Grinning merrily Wes?s pace didn?t slacken as he began talking rapidly. ?The Insiders and the Jedi Council need to be made aware of certain things. It?s decisive to the war. Our most adored Goddess and her manservant,? he shot a look at Kyp, ?must return to the Insiders with Callista. Elisim can?t know what exactly is going on here, help the Goddess out where you can.?

Fortunately, in what Jag suspected was a well choreographed maneuver, Jaina rescued him from Janson. ?Were there any more skirmishes,? she asked, checking on her squadron?s status.

?No, we patrolled the system and kept an eye on the planet. We provided some high altitude back up for the Yellow Aces, when Janson sent them down to take out targets of opportunity. That?s about it.?

?Good,? she said, punching information into her datacard. ?Will any of our fighters need repairs??

?Four, but only one will be out longer than a day.?

?Excellent,? she said briskly, ?make sure our pilots hit the simulators later. I want them to do better than they did today,? she remarked. As they walked into the conference room, she casually handed Jag the datacard she had been carrying and took her seat.

Jag glanced casually down at the datacard and was surprised at its content. Jaina?s message was short and to the point, but it nevertheless forced him to hide a smile. It read simply: Jag, dinner, tonight, cargo bay nine.

He wondered what it was about. He hoped it wasn?t just to discuss the squadron or the war. All of that was important, yes, but the feelings he had for Jaina Solo?.Well he wasn?t sure what they were, but he definitely wanted to have a chance to explore them. Just the memory of their kiss could keep him awake for hours at night. She_

?Colonel Fel,? a sharp voice cut into his thoughts and he realized that he had been daydreaming. Daydreaming! Look what he had been_

?Yes?? He bit out before he could start again. It wouldn?t do to tarnish his Chiss like image, after all.

?I just wanted to complete the introductions,? said Kyp. He gestured at the woman Jag didn?t know and said, ?This is Lady Callista.?

Jag nodded at her curtly in acknowledgement and refused to look at Jaina sitting beside her and smirking as if she knew why he had been distracted.

?She?s the leader of the local resistance,? Kyp continued, ?She was also a Jedi Knight.?

Kyp sat down, apparently satisfied with his introduction. Captain Elisim took the floor next. ?Lady Callista, can you tell us about the Vong position down on the planet.?

?Yes, as you know, Chad has several thousand floating cities. Right now we?ve sent sixty percent of our cities, the ones that are mobile down to the Southern Sea. The severe environmental conditions in that region have kept the Vong out of there so far.?

?What about the other forty percent,? questioned Jaina. So far it wasn?t good, but not as bad as she had expected.

?The Vong have occupied about half of those, but we are resisting them. The other half of our remaining cities are using the time to prepare.?

Captain Elisim nodded thoughtfully, flicking on his comm. li

5. FuzzyRatt

FuzzyRatt Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2003
    No diner in the docking bay? Poor Jag. :_|

Love the use of "Goddess". Can not want to see a plan come together.

Title Suggestions: Visions in the Darkness

Keep it up. It is really good stuff. [face_love]

6. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

ahhh, i replied to this a couple days ago, and i come on tonight and the stupid computer never posted it! *kicks computer*

anyways, i love the story. Although i hate callista, always did. But i have the feeling your gonna use her creatively. Poor jaggie, i hope jaina cooks good food in the docking bay. And how come i have this funn feeling, mara is gonna kill someone? Hmm I wonder who! ;)

7. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    WHA???

I confused!

IF THERES NO DINNER THAN WHY DID SHE GIVE JAG THE DATA PAD???

GREAT JOB ALL THE SAME!!!!!!!

:D!

HMMM... Title???

Well as always ill give options not answers:

1.) MUSH FOR J/J title- Loves Backdoor
    *shrugs* what??

2.) War Related- Forget the past remember the future.

*a little long yes*

otherwise dont know!

8. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **blinks**

Nice story! I haven't seen enough posts for me to think about a title- titles always come naturally to me for my stories :)

9. FuzzyRatt

May 16, 2003
    i maybe wrong, but I thought at the end of the meeting that the two would be split up. Jag would be leading Twin Sun and Jaina would be on her way to Mon Calamari.

"Her eyes met Jag's for an apologetic split second before she said,"

I have been wrong before. ;)

It was Cargo Bay 9, not a Docking Bay.

See told you, I could be wrong.

10. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh no, you are going to seperate same so soon again , awww nuts *pounts* :p

But well, I´m looking forward for the Callista/Luke "reunion" :D

And well, there is a little privat party to come first :D I want mush!!!

Great post JS15, can´t wait for more :)

~Arissa

11. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    good postie but poor jag!!!!

-jj00

ps. title:

Love in War
    Split by Allies
    Old come again

etc...

12. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Well guys, thanks for all of your title suggestions. I'm not sure which one I use, but I love all of them. Thanks for giving me a hand with it.

FuzzyRatt: Hopefully all will be cleared up in this next postie.

Rose_Skywalker: I kinda hate Callista, too, so it's been intresting writing her. As for Jaina cooking well there has to be something Solo's arent' good at. lol.

Rogue11JS: Thanks for the options and hopefully this postie will clear up your confusion.

Saber-of-light: Titles usually come fairly easily for me as well, but this one just didn't so i resorted to asking for suggestions.

Arissa: I hope the mush meets your expectations and as for the Callista/Luke reunion...well i haven't written it yet, but it is safe to say that i am not a Callista/Luke fan.

jj00: Thanks for the suggestions and don't worry guys i don't know when yet, but i do at some point plan on bringing Jag back.

Thanks for all of your feedback.

13. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Okay, then here's the last part of chapter two. Hope ya'll enjoy.

Chapter 2d.

Jaina sat casually on the ledge, looking out past the transparent shield and into the vacuum of space. The ledge would have been impossible for a normal human to reach without assistance, but for Jaina it hadn?t been a problem. The force might not let her sense the Yuuzhan Vong or their creatures, but it did allow her to do things others could not. Right at that moment, though, Jaina didn?t want to think about the force. That would lead to thoughts of Callista and why she had to leave the task force, leave Jag.

Jag was actually what was bothering her at that moment. Her feelings for him were not confused and not nonexistent, they were simply indefinable. Whatever it was she felt for him, it was more important than she had realized and to some extent that had bothered her and maybe even scared her, although she would never admit that.

She was scared of becoming too attached to him- although she suspected it was already too late- in case she lost him. She was scared because nothing with Jag would be superficial or skin deep. Joy, pain, love, hate, whatever she was feeling she would feel with her whole heart and she didn?t know if she could handle that. Right now though, she had to deal with the fact that she was going to be away from Jag; something that he had promised her wouldn?t happen and that wouldn?t allow her to be their to watch his back.

That was what scared her most of all: the thought of loosing Jag before they had a chance to see what would happen, to explore their relationship. The thought of Anakin and Tahiri haunted her; she couldn?t begin to imagine how the young Jedi felt. This was what had to be done though, despite the fact that Callista wasn?t her favorite person, she would work with her if it meant winning the war, sooner rather than later or not at all.

She heard the click of standard issue foot wear against the decking and looked towards the entrance. As she had expected Jag was standing there glancing around the room. As he did, she took a moment to study him. She had always thought he was incredibly handsome. He was tall, at least for a pilot. Most tended to be shorter, to fit in the small cockpits. His angular features set him apart and his intelligent green eyes were often an object of many women?s fascination, herself included.

Jerking herself out of her thoughts, hating to be distracted even if it was by the gorgeous guy she was dating, Jain cleared her throat loudly. Jag looked around abruptly and found her after a second.

?Hello, Goddess,? he said with a smile, or at least what passed for a smile with Jag Fel. It didn?t matter thought, as long as Jaina knew it was reserved only for her.

?Come on up,? she invited him. Almost every ship she had ever been on had a place like this. The view, caused by looking out at space through the shield, looked like some form of intergalactic art, and Jaina had always retreated to places like this one, when things were troubling her and she wanted to be alone. Now for the first time, she wanted to share it with someone, more specifically Jag.

Jag glanced around for a moment and then back at Jaina. ?How am I supposed to accomplish this, Great One??

When most people called her things like that or Goddess, Jaina hated it. It was all apart of the Yun Harla charade. When Jag said it though, it was different. It was a term of endearment. The only on he would actually use in public because no one would think anything of it.

?Trust me,? Jaina said with a grin, after surveying the problem. It was as much a statement as a question.

Jag nodded, thought, without hesitations. ?Of course,? he said.

Jaina?s eyes seemed to focus intently and he suddenly couldn?t feel the durasteel beneath his feet. Looking down, he realized he was floating in the air. Slowly, steadily, he was drifting upwards towards Jaina. For a moment he felt a shiver of fear. He was used to much greater heights, but in his clawcraft, not

14. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Very interesting fic so far, kind of odd seeing Callista again. Jag had a great line about her! "Good complexion" or something like that, lol!

I never really liked Callista, but her seeming ability to sense the Vong is very creative. I wonder how she will react to Lukie and Mara! I am quite looking forward to it ;)

15. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    poor guy! his love is leaving!

-jj00

16. Arissa

Apr 7, 2003
    Wow, a very good post Jaina Solo 15 :)

The Jag/Jaina interaction was very cute. ^_^
    I really like how you handle their feelings for each other and their struggle.

Really good, I enjoyed it a lot. :)

~Arissa

17. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    AAAWWWWWWW!!!

Thats so sweet!!!

*SIGH*

EVIL VONG INTERUPTING THE CUTE MOMENT!

LOL!

KEEP IT UP!

~Rogue~

Ps. Thanks for the pm!

18. FuzzyRatt

May 16, 2003
    That was the best I have seen Jag's feeling for Jaina be handled. It is the way I have hoped they would do it at Del Rey. Fantastic scene. Very glad we cought to see it. :)

Thanks for the PM.
    Keep up the great work. [face_love]

19. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Very good J/J mush. I'm sorry I didn't reply after your other one. I was a little busy but school's out now!!!

20. Arissa

Apr 7, 2003
  21. Darth_Bob_The_Fett

Darth_Bob_The_Fett Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2003
    Very nice story...

Whats been botherring however, where is sword of the jedi??? I dont know where it is and i dont know if its been updated.

22. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Uppies!!!

23. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Sorry about the lack of postie's guys. I bet ya'll thought I fell of the face of the Earth.

Padawan lunetta: Thanks for reading and I'm glad you liked how i was using Callista.

jj00:I feel sorry for Jag to, but don't worry they see each other again eventually.

Arissa: I'm glad you liked that part. It was fairly hard to write. BTW thanks for the up.

Rogue11JS: Well we already knew the Vong were evil now we just really have a reason to hate them although i'm thinking some of the blame should go to Callie though.

FuzzyRatt: Thank you very much, i'm glad you like it.

Jaina_And_Jag: Summer's the best time of year, especially because school's out. I hope your enjoying and thanks for the upsies.

Darth_Bob_The_Fett: Thank you and I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

24. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Well I just discovered a thread today that informed that Callista was the number one character people didn't want to read about. I thought that was kinda ironic.
    Anyway on to the postie.

Chapter 3a.

Jaina stumbled towards the front of the freighter, clumsily rubbing the sleep out of her eyes as she made her way towards the cockpit where she knew Kyp and Callista were waiting for her. Her mind wasn?t sleep fuddled as she looked; if necessary she could be ready to fly in combat in a second, but for now, when she didn?t have to be on alert, it was a comforting and familiar indulgence that reminded her of better more peaceful days in the past.

The four days it had taken them to travel from Chad to Mon Calamari hadn?t been all that bad, although it had its moments. Kyp and Jaina had taken turns standing watch in the cockpit, neither knowing Callista well enough to trust her on her own. It had been an excellent opportunity to catch up on much needed sleep that both of them had taken full advantage of. Soon, though, they would be on Mon Calamari and the easy part of their mission would be over.

It wasn?t just the professional and bureaucratic headaches that she disliked about this mission. It would be quite likely to have repercussions in Jaina?s personal life as well, and there was always her growing dislike of Callista to contend with. Bringing Callista?s abilities to the attention of the Jedi Council also meant bringing her to the attention of Luke Skywalker and by extension her aunt.

At the very least the atmosphere around them would be filled with tension and all actions by members of the Solo/Skywalker Clan towards Callista would be examined under microscope. It wasn?t exactly the circumstance she had wanted to see her family under again, but there was nothing she could do about it now, except for warning them about the thermal detonator she was about to drop. She just hoped that would be enough.

Taking her customary seat beside Kyp in the copilot?s chair when Callista vacated it for her, she glanced down at the readouts. ?Ten minutes until reversion,? she stated knowing he would already be aware of it.

Kyp nodded, ?It is as the Goddess says,? he quipped playfully.

Jaina groaned and rolled her eyes at him. ?I wish you would drop that while we?re not in public.?

?As the Goddess desires,? he continued with an innocent, deferential smile on his face.

Jaina?s eyes glittered for a moment, most likely in anger, but then she just smiled sweetly at him. Both women could see the worried look that flickered over Kyp?s face. ?Be careful Kyp,? she warned, ?I think Aunt Mara said something about wanting to speak with you the next time you were on world.?

Kyp grimace, ?How did I manage to hurt or offend her favorite apprentice this time,? he groaned.

?First of all, Durron,? said Jaina with mock-anger, temporarily putting aside her worried thoughts, ?I?m her only apprentice and second I?m not really sure what she wants to talk to you about.?

Callista laughed, causing both of them to whirl to face her. She blinked at them when she realized she had drawn their attention and then said, ?Oh I?m sorry. It?s just that you two seem more like bickering little padawan-apprentices than a powerful Jedi Master and Jedi Knight.?

Jaina rolled her eyes again, ?You?re one to talk,? she remarked. ?You hardly showcase the spirit of the Jedi. There?s so much knowledge you denied the Jedi just because you were afraid.?

?You don?t know what you?re talking about,? Callista denied, her humor from moments ago gone, replaced with a quickly building fury.

?I know more than you think. I have more to fear than you ever will. You fear the dark side because of self-pity over the fact that you lost your powers. I fear the darkness because they killed my brothers and I can have the power necessary to destroy them all. I have more to fear than you ever will.? Jaina took a deep breath, in an attempt to control her outburst. She hadn?t meant to or wanted to lose it like that in front of C

25. Darth_Bob_The_Fett

Darth_Bob_The_Fett Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2003
    Umm.... Could you, like, place any updates at the top title? So we know when we have uppies? Thanks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.