main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Many Faces of the Force: Winner of Best Underated!! Completed July 7th!! Author Replies Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_Solo_15, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyRatt

FuzzyRatt Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2003
    Again, well done. :)

I hope you use Tionne a good amount. She is my favorite from the JA series. She is hardle ever seen these days.

By the by Luke, there is nothing wrong with being a simple moisture farmer. ;)

2. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    You hope I'll like it. Well I love Luke and Mara stories or ones that have them in it. They are my favorite characters of all of Star Wars.
    I think someone needs to remind Calista that no one takes anything from Mara without a fight, wait what am I saying. Don't warn her, let her find out the hard way not to mess with the fromer Emperor's Hand. Seems to me that's the only way she will learn that Luke has never nor will ever belonged to her. He was Mara's from the moment she found him in space. The authors just didn't realize what the fans already knew.

3. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Well this is cirtainly getting INTERESTING!

*EVIL GRIN*

Mara's gonna have her head!

:D!

4. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Okay this isn't an update. Sorry 'bout that. I've been really busy reading the new Harry Potter book, but I promise I'll try to have an update for ya'll tonight or tommorow.

5. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    great post!

did someone say Harry Potter?!!!! omg, i read the entire thing the second i got it (i ordered it online so i didn't get it until after everyone else *grumble*) i was up until 1:46am reading it. sooooo good! i was seriously pissed off at some parts (i won't spoil it, but i'm sure most people are going to be upset by the same things i was). arg, but now that i'm done i'll have to wait another 3 years for the next one! grr!!

sorry, staying up late to read HP definately makes me more spaztic than usual... :D

6. FuzzyRatt

May 16, 2003
    I have never been to the book store on the day a Harry Potter book was released. OMG what a crowd! I had to stand in line for 15 minutes just to buy SW: Force Heretic II: Refugee. I felt like, I was in line to see the next SW film.

I do look forward to the next update. :)

7. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Alright, my bad i double posted this. The real post is the next one down.

8. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    FuzzyRatt Yeah Tionne's definitly underated and I pity you being in a bookstore during a Harry Potter book rush.

J_M I agree Luke totally belongs with Mara and watch out Callista!

Jedida I read the whole thing Harry Potter book the millisecond i got. It was totally awesome although like you there were a few parts that made me wanna scream a little.

Rogue11JSYeah I hoped you like this. And don't worry the Mara/ Callista interaction should be fun. Atleast for L/M fans.

Anyway i hope ya'll enjoy this.

Chapter 5

Jaina walked away from her aunt and uncle?s quarters without hesitation. Her uncle had just returned from the Council meeting and she had left quickly to give them privacy for whatever they would do next.

As she wandered the streets aimlessly, she considered what she wanted to do. For the first time in years, it seemed as if she was at loose ends. She had no squadron to train with or do paperwork for. Kyp was busy with his neglected Jedi Council duties and Jag, who she would have usually spent time with when she had a few precious moments of spare time, was off planet.

For a while she, simply meandered around the city, taking a moment for the first time in years to think about the simple patterns of civilian life. It wasn?t the same though. Before the war, she and her brothers, with whatever friends were on planet would rush through the streets of Coruscant, reveling in the diversity of life. They had never lacked something to do when the roamed the streets with the usual careless headlong abandon of teenagers.

Now as she walked the beautiful streets of Mon Calamari it was with precision and careful attention to everything around her. It was a habit developed for self-preservation. It was also what allowed her to realize that Callista was following her through her the streets. Jaina wasn?t in the mood, so she began winding her way through the largest crowds and into the worst parts of the city, trying to dissuade or loose Callista.

Finally she grew tired of that and walked in to the nearest restaurant. It was a scummy little place that most intelligent, law abiding beings wouldn?t have even walked into. For Jaina?s purposes, it was perfect. It would annoy Callista to no end that a Jedi would eat in a place like this and annoying Callista was quickly becoming one of Jaina?s favorite things to do. She should probably have taken notes from Wes Janson.

The beat up server droid showed Jaina to a perfect table. It gave her an excellent view of the door. The droid started to leave, but she quickly gestured for it to stop. ?Another woman will come in, in a few minutes. Please show her to my table.?

The droid bleeped a rude raspberry at her as it rolled away, but Jaina knew its programming would ensure that it did as she asked. In the meantime, she concentrated on ordering her favorite Corellian meal. It would probably be butchered beyond recognition, but Jaina didn?t even dare to ask for a more delicate Alderannian meal that she had been craving for the past week or two.

As she waited for the server-droid to bring her food, she kept a careful eye on the rest of the beings around the room. There were a scattering of Mon Calamarian?s and Quaren?s, but the restaurant?s clientele was mostly made up of a mixture of Humans, Biths, Duro?s and several other easily recognizable species. So far none of them had given her any trouble or even showed much interest in her presence. Still a Jedi couldn?t be too careful, especially in these times.

Silently counting down the time, Jaina focused on the door and right on cue, Callista walked in. If Jaina in her nondescript flight suit blended easily into the crowd, Callista couldn?t have stuck out more if she was one of the hot pink, six-headed inhabitants of Rellex IV.

It took Callista a minute longer than Jaina expected for Callista to find her. It was nice too see the surprise on Callista?s face, when she realized Jaina had been waiting for her. In truth, if Leia ha

9. FuzzyRatt

May 16, 2003
    "I'm shocked you lived through the Purges."

I agree with Jaina. Callista was being foolish.

This post was a lot of fun to read.
    Keep up the good work. :)

10. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Grrr, Callista I ought to whack you up side the head for almost allowing the secret of the Shelter out. I know you have a monkey on your shoulder but that doesn't mean you take it out on kids and that about Jag and Kyp, well not only are now going to have Mara on your tail for that plan you've got cooking in your head but now you've made Jaina madder at you. That's not good. Jaina is Mara Jade Skywalker's apprentice for a reason.

I should let you know that I have a quirky habit of talking to the characters, be they in book, fanfic, TV, or movies. I sometimes get into trouble because I do this while we're watching a movie or TV show. If at any time this becomes offense to any tell me and I'll yell at the computer and not type it. :)

Great postie. More soon?

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Callista really needs to shut up. She's annoying me! lol. That was really good. I can't wait til the next post. Jaina really should punch her because I can't and it would make me feel better. ;) If you get my drift, or even Mara could do it. Just let someone punch Callista!!!

12. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    That was great! Jainas so cool especialy when she's angry! :D! :p!

I hope for more soon! :p!

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  14. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  15. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  16. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    UP!!! New postie soon??

17. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    FuzzyRatt: I'm glad you enjoyed that post and Callista's foolishness will be explained at least a little in the next update.

J_M_Bulldog: Lol. I enjoy listening to you talking to the characters. It's an intresting form of feedback and don't worry I don't find it offensive in the least.

Jaina_and_Jag: I'm terrible sorry there's no Callista punching yet, I'll try and work on that. Also thank you for the ups, I'll try to post the other longer part to chapter six later this week. Oh yeah I finally peeked over at Sword of the Jedi and updated. Sorry it took me so long.

Rogue11JS: I agree Jaina's always the coolest.

Chapter 6a.

Callista couldn?t restrain a laugh as the girl who was playing at being a Jedi walked away. She had been so easy to manipulate. Did she honestly think Callista was that stupid. Well it didn?t matter, Jaina had responded exactly as she had hoped. This would be much easier than she had thought. She really could sense the potential in the girl, though, her veins sung with the Skywalker blood like her grandfather before her. Still it wouldn?t matter if the girl did decide against joining her in the end. Then Callista would have an excuse to make her sorry for ever siding with that lying pretender, Mara Jade.

?NO, THERE IS NO WAY IN ALL OF MY SITH SPAWNED FORMER MASTER?S DOMAIN THAT I WILL DO IT. YOU?RE OUT OF YOUR MIND, SKYWALKER.? Mara Jade Skywalker screamed at her husband. She was furious, in a rage to be more precise. What Luke was asking her to do, well it was underhanded in a way she didn?t think Luke would treat his own wife.

He was using her love for their son to manipulate her into taking that stupid piece of Hutt slime Callista to Shelter with her, and Luke knew precisely what he was doing. He was well aware of the fact that she was almost dying to see her son and it would be insane to send Callista to Shelter in another ship when Mara was already going. It would have been the logical thing for her to do had it not involved any of the people that it did involve.

Still Mara couldn?t believe that he had actually asked her that. Her thoughts raced in a confused and angry, circle that was giving Luke a headache and he wasn?t even the one really in his wife?s head. He walked up behind his furious wife and soothingly put his arms around her from behind.

?Mara,? he asked quietly. He didn?t say anything else, he just waited for her response. He allowed her to feel his love for her, enveloping Mara.

?Don?t, Skywalker,? she said, breaking out of his embrace, and raising a hand, almost as if to ward him off as she turned to face him. ?I know you love me, Luke,? she said softening slightly, ?But Luke, this is Callista we?re talking about.?

Gently he asked, ?Is Callie so bad, really?? The moment he asked the question, Luke knew it was the wrong thing to say to his wife.

Mara?s green eyes glittered dangerously. ?You want to know what?s so bad about Callista, Skywalker? Have you heard about what she?d done since she got here. Besides Luke,? she said forcing herself to talk to him in a more reasonable manner. Both of them were incredibly stubborn people and shouting at each other could last for hours while succeeding only in getting them nowhere. ?I don?t know if I want Callista near Ben. He?s just a child and no matter what you say Farmboy, I don?t trust her.?

Luke had no answer for that argument.

[hr]

Elsewhere on Mon Calamari, Jaina Solo stood on a deserted patch of duracrete waiting for the squadron of x-wings, her squadron to descend and deliver to her the person she had spent an anxious week and a half waiting for and missing, Jagged Fel.

I'm sorry for the uh shortness of this little postie, but I hope you enjoyed it just the same and a longer post will hopefully follow soon.

18. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
    yea! a postie! :D

great post! you tell him mara! woo! :)

oooo is there mush coming up? please? [face_love]

19. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Thanks for allowing me to talk to the chatacters and I'm glad you enjoy it.

*growling* Callista you're treading on millimeter thin ice. You better leave Jaina alone and don't you even think about sinking your claws in Ben. Messing with Jaina and Ben will prove to be the biggest mistake of your life. Not only will it not get Luke to go anywhere near you, you will effectively make every Jedi in the galaxy very angry with you, plus the military, plus Han Solo and Jagged Fel and trust me if you did that you would be better off with the Vong, they'd be more merciful.*stops growling*

You know I think Kyp and Mara have found something to agree on. Their mutual dislike and distrust of Callista.

20. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    I so wanna kill Callista!! Go Mara! You tell him! lol. Jaggie's back!!! *does a dance she made up for when Jag came back* He's back! I'm so happy! :D Can't wait for more.

21. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  22. FuzzyRatt

May 16, 2003
    I do love the way you handle Mara being mad at Luke. "Skywalker" [face_love]

My mom does the samething in a way. She calls my dad by his first and last name or me by my full name.

Callista is not a good guy! [face_shocked]

23. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Hey folks, sorry i didn't get this up last night, i blame computer problems. I hope ya'll enjoy anyway.

Chapter 6b.

Jaina watched impatiently as his clawcraft touched the ground and he climbed out of the cockpit. She had to admit, he was gorgeous. Of course, she would never tell him that, he was enough of a vain nerf as it was. Still as he stood there, she took the opportunity to take in his features, including the distinctive white streak that ran through his hair. The distinguished, more mature appearance it gave him matched his mostly formal personality. Still Jaina was discovering another, more whimsical side to his personality that she already adored. She had missed him, all of him, more than she had expected and it almost scared her.

The moment their eyes met across the landing field, her fear disappeared though. Slowly they walked towards one another, finally stopping when only a foot or two separated them. Jaina wished she had just a small portion of her mother?s eloquence because at that moment, she couldn?t think of a thing to say. Her mind was totally blank now that Jag was standing in front of her. It appeared that he was equally at a loss. However, the silence didn?t last long.

To Jaina?s horror, the terror of Rogue Squadron and the hero of Wraith Squadron, Wes Janson appeared at her side. ?Hello most beautiful Goddess,? he said with a mocking bow. ?I see you?ve found our good Colonel here. I?m sure he?ll regain his ability to speak once he leaves your magnificent presence.? Wes clapped a familiar arm around Jag?s shoulder.

Jag, for his part, was torn between glaring blaster bolts at Wes and blushing an amazing shade of red. If Jaina hadn?t been so furious at Wes for interrupting the first private moment she?d had with Jag in almost two weeks, she would have found a blushing Jag hilarious. As it was at least her fury at Wes had allowed her to regain her ability to think and speak.

?What is the meaning of your interruption, Mortal,? she demanded, glad for once that her role as Yun Harla allowed her to treat Wes terribly. Unfortunately for both of them it didn?t seem to dissuade Janson. It merely seemed to egg him on.

?I apologize for the interruption, Your Loveliness, but I merely wished to bask in the Goddess?s presence for a moment. I?ll leave you with your manservant.?

For some reason Wes?s explanations seemed suspicious. In fact, Jaina had a very bad feeling about the whole thing. Her bad feeling only got worse as Wes walked away with a parting, ?Yub, yub, Goddess.?

?He was like this the whole time.?

The moment Jag spoke, Jaina forgot about Wes Janson and all of his ewoks, stuffed, fictional or otherwise. ?I?m sorry I left you with such torturous duty.? This conversation was pitiful, but neither cared. They were just soaking up the other?s presence. ?C?mon,? Jaina said after a moment, ?I have an idea.?

An hour later Jag sat next to a gorgeous blonde woman with the tattooing native to Andoran III. They were sitting next to one another in a cozy and elegant Mon Calamari restaurant eating local food and chatting like old friends.

?I believe I no longer owe you dinner.? The cocky tone was right, but the voice was all wrong. Still Jag didn?t care as long as he could hang out with Jaina like this.

Of course, no one else could tell that the woman sitting next to him was Jaina and the Force suggestion she was using was so good that even he couldn?t see through the disguise. Privately he had to admit it was a bit odd to know that he was talking to and kissing Jaina when it looked like completely different person. Of course, her disguise was the cost of their freedom to act like they wanted to in public. Still Jag hoped that one day they wouldn?t have to hide their relationship.

?Am I that boring of company?? Jaina asked teasingly.

He turned his head slightly and gave what passed for a smile with him. ?You could never be boring, Jaina,? he whispered.

Raising one hand, Jaina traced the features of his face

24. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
    great post! poor jaggie having to deal with janson for all that time :( . and poor jaggie and jaina not being able to spend time together :( :(

After a moment of tense silence, Jaina asked bluntly, ?Will the fact that I?m a Jedi Knight be a problem for you??

uh oh... :( that doesn't sound good!

25. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Awesome! Jaina and Jag were being a normal couple! Can't you kill Callista off? I mean come on, Mara would love to! Don't make Jaina go with her! I don't think I'd be able to stand her pain! :D I have a bad feeling about that last thing Jaina said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.