main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Many Faces of the Force: Winner of Best Underated!! Completed July 7th!! Author Replies Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_Solo_15, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyRatt

FuzzyRatt Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2003
    ?I?ll be waiting for your return. Oh and yub, yub, Goddess.?

You have got to love Wes. An ewok band, great stuff. Now we are off and running, I can hardly want for the next post.

Note: Disapearing Post, If you do not see JS15's story post; reload and check again.

2. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    awesome post! i laughed, i cried- okay, not really ;) but its the thought that counts.

?C?mon Skywalker, let?s go before you get too sappy and I?m forced to kill you.?

that is classic mara right there. you write her character so well its not even funny.

however, what is funny is janson. only he would send someone off with a troupe of singing ewoks :D :D :D but he better watch out when jaina gets back...

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I can't wait til Jaina gets her revenge on Janson. Please make it really embarissing!!! :D I can't wait for more.

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Sorry bout the double post.

5. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  6. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Uppies!!! Another postie soon? Maybe?

7. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  8. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  9. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

let me help her out, upsides! ;)

10. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Thanks for the ups J_&_J and Rose, I promise i haven't fallen off of the face of the earth. I've just been really busy trying to finish up my summer school before the fall semester and with my job. I'll try to post in the next few days, i have several ideas, but i haven't written much down yet.

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Uppies!! Take your time. ;)

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  13. FuzzyRatt

May 16, 2003
    I'll join in.
    Uppies!!

14. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    i'll help to.
    uppies

15. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  16. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  17. FuzzyRatt

May 16, 2003
    Up, Simba!!

18. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Okay here's the update on the update. I have it all written out now and it's longer than my average chapter i'd say. So now all I have to do is find time to type it up.

19. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    yea!!! :D :D :D

20. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    [whiny voice]But I want it now![/whiny voice] :p

21. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  22. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Every one thank you, thank you, thank you, all very much for all the ups and the encouragement while you were waiting for me to get this updated. I am truly sorry this took me so long to update.

BTW-please forgive me for all of the errors and typos, I'm posting this as soon as I'm typing it up. [face_blush]

Chapter Nine

Four days with Callista in hyperspace. They had been the longest four days of Mara?s life. Callista had silently insisted on spending almost every waking moment with Mara, watching her every move.

Mara had grown accustomed to being very visible in social and everyday situations after marrying Luke, but after four days, it was getting annoying and tiresome. She had no interest in Callista as a potential friend and she was certain that Callista felt the same way about her and it certainly wasn?t making the flight seem any shorter. Neither woman wanted to be there with the other and both allowed it to show on more than one occasion but again both cared about their respective goals more than their mutual dislike. Other than that, the two women really had nothing in common except of course, for Luke and he was not a topic either of them wanted to discuss. So that left them with little but pointed conversation or angry silence.

Mara was grateful that the course change necessary to take them to Shelter had forced them to drop out of hyperspace and was allowing her to speak, however briefly, to her niece. Their return to real space was routine enough with Twin Suns squadron appearing right behind the ?Shadow only moments later.

?Twins Suns Leader to the Jade Shadow. Is everything okay, Mara?? Jaina asked casually.

?Of course,? she paused and checked her consoles. ?Have you ever done this approach manually, Jaina??

Silence hung in the air for a moment and then Jaina switched over to a private channel, ?Twice,? she said shortly, ?Why?? Her voice was all business now, her attention fully focused on this small deviation from the original plan. Mara rarely asked questions like that idly, without something particular in mind.

?Something about this doesn?t feel right, Jaina. The safe lanes aren?t well known, but it is possible that?.? Mara trailed off and Jaina reached out through the force to her aunt.

It added another level of communication to their conversation and sometimes provided them with an advantage that they had used many times during Jaina?s apprenticeship.

?What about my pilots,? Jaina questioned, knowing her aunt well enough to see where Mara was going with this, ?With the exception of Kyp none of my pilots have Force skills. How do you want to handle that??

Mara considered that for a moment before she found the solution that they needed. The technique hadn?t been widely used in years because most pilots worth their pay despised it, but it would work in this situation.

?One of your pilots can dock in the ?Shadow and we can slave the other ships to ours, one to the ?Shadow, one to your x-wing and one to Kyp?s.?

Jaina nodded even though no one could see her. ?All right,? she switched back to the squadron frequency and Mara once again found herself under Callista?s intense scrutiny and verbal assault.

?What do you think you?re doing, Jade? The chance of getting us all killed is too great. The space in this area is too unpredictable.?

?Callista,? Mara said not looking up as she busied herself with preparing her ship for what they were about to do, ?You?re job is to teach the Jedi how to feel the Vong through the Force. My job is to get you there.? She looked up and met Callista?s eyes challengingly, ?Don?t tell me how to do my job.?

?I won?t tell you how to do you?re job as long as you don?t do something stupid and unnecessary because you?re afraid that if you take the normal route you might take the chance that the Vong will be there.?

Mara looked at her incredulously, ?Callista,? she said patiently as if talking to a small child, ?I?m not going to be goaded into ignoring my instincts or the Force just because yo

23. FuzzyRatt

May 16, 2003
    Great post. Loved it.

The Valin and Syal part was very cute.

Well worth the want.

24. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Great postie.

*growls* Calista, don't tell Mara how to fly. She can do that with her eyes close. And how dare you call her a coward. At least she isn't trying to ruin a family

Awww, Ben was so cute. I [face_love] how he reconized Mara.

Valin and Syal, awwww so sweet.

Now, Jaina, go find Jag. Go. Scoot. Off with you.

25. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Grrrr. That Callista. :mad: Oooooooooh, I wanna hurt her so bad.

*flies back to Mon Cal*

*rounds up the national ewok band*

*returns to Shelter*

*heads to the lab*

*creates Terror version 2.1 ~ the rancor/voxyn/Ssi-Ruu/Vong hybrid ewok*

*marches up to Callista's room*

*sics the hybrid ewoks at that Sith-spawned witch*

*watches her die*

[face_devil]

Muwahahahahaha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.