main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Many Happy Returns - On hiatus due to bereavement - new message 11/25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tahi, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    She folded her arms and waited while his gaze tracked back up to her face, and then she raised an eyebrow quizzically.
    Anakin caught the unspoken challenge, but his attempt to look contrite failed miserably.
    ?Sorry,? he said.
    ?No, you?re not. You were enjoying yourself.?

?I can?t help it if I like the way you?re put together, you know.?
    Tahiri?s eyes widened and a series of expressions progressed through them beginning and ending on one of surprise. Anakin followed the sequence with mild trepidation. He still found Tahiri?s reactions to be sometimes unpredictable. This time, however, she seemed to have the sort of look he hoped he might see on her face when she opened her birthday present. That was, of course, when he had figured out what to give her.
    ?Wow,? she breathed. ?You?ve actually given me a compliment that I don?t want to bash you over the head for. Congratulations.?
    ?The pleasure?s all mine,? he replied reaching out to give her hand a squeeze.
    She smiled mischievously. ?Maybe I should get you shot up more often.?
    ?No, no.? He waved the suggestion away vigorously. ?Now I?ve got the hang of it, I can probably do it again without needing the initial pain and terror.?

Ah. The typical male reaction to a beautiful female body. Something most Jedi in the PT order have forgotten. Nice retort on Tahiri's part.

?...You want fancy words, get someone like Lando.?
    ?I don?t want someone like Lando,? she said slowly.

If Lando heard that, it would have been another blow to his reputation and ego. Did my fanfic influence that one.

He?s still afraid to thing about it

It should be think.

Mmm. Definitely a lot of mental healing and bonding going on there. I'd say there would be two things left for them to do before they can be considered a true couple in the Force and the Jedi. One would be for them to "bond" together in the Force. In essence, use that life bond power listed in the Truce at Bakura Sourcebook. The other is, ahem, you know... And for a moment you were creating the mood whereby they would go ahead and...

2. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    *Mouth hangs open*

WOW.

The only other Jedi who have such a deep connection is Mara and Luke, im not even sure that theirs is THAT deep.

I also picked up on a small, amount, scratch small, i was picking up on alot of inuendo(sp.?)between them.

nina

3. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    *sigh* Mush. I love mush. [face_love]

The only other Jedi who have such a deep connection is Mara and Luke, im not even sure that theirs is THAT deep.
    [face_shocked] No offense, but I don't think that Luke and Mara could develop the same type of relationship as Anakin and Tahiri. Anakin and Tahiri were best friends since they were 11 & 9. They learned how to use the Force together and how to use it through each other. They overcame obstacles as children that adult Jedi would have trouble with. Add to that the face that they have ben best friends all this time. They know each other better than anyone else knows them. They have that foundation of friendship on which to base their romantic relationship. Luke & Mara, as much as I like them would never have the same potential for depth of unerstanding of each-other through the Force that Anakin and Tahiri have!

Since it's after midnight EST, I'll post this now (I hope you don't mind, Tahi):

:D
    H
    A
    P
    P
    Y

B
    I
    R
    T
    H
    D
    A
    Y

M
    O
    F
    F
    Y
    !

4. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    *Wipes tear from eye*

Damn you Del Rey. :( :_|

Mmm. Definitely a lot of mental healing and bonding going on there. I'd say there would be two things left for them to do before they can be considered a true couple in the Force and the Jedi. One would be for them to "bond" together in the Force. In essence, use that life bond power listed in the Truce at Bakura Sourcebook. The other is, ahem, you know... And for a moment you were creating the mood whereby they would go ahead and...

I like the way you think. ;)

5. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    "I?m okay," he assured her.
    "Anakin, you?d say that if you were half dead."

"You left your comb behind on purpose, didn?t you?"
    "I like the way you do it with your fingers better."

Wow, that was awesome, Tahi! I loved the way you described everything! Anakin?s thoughts, the way his brain works, it?s just how I pictured it. :)

I like how you showed Tahiri?s guidance, too. He can?t do everything by himself, and it?s nice to see her helping him with his memories and nightmares.

That was an amazing post! I can?t wait to read more!

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I loved the interaction between Tahiri and Anakin, especially the part where she got a compliment, then turned right around and told him how to improve it. "Instead of saying you like how I?m put together, you could have just you liked how I look. Put together makes me sound like a piece of machinery." So funny!

I also had to laugh when Anakin said "I'll never fit in here. I'm too honourable." So there is a difference between himself and his father?

"If we could avoid words, we?d communicate perfectly." I think that's true for almost everybody, really.

Fascinating rumination, with Tahiri comparing Anakin's mind to a complicated maze, but not one that she would ever get lost in. Beautiful imagery here, and good use of the flashbacks. These two seem to compliment each other perfectly. *wistful sigh*

Wonderful post, and not weird at all.

7. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Well Jade, you certainly were a busy girl, weren't you? That's 5. :p

What can one say Tahi? Excellent insight on being in love. Not lust but love. To simply revel in being in the presence of someone you truly and deeply care about. Good stuff. ;)

8. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Tahi where do I begin, yikes! I asked for mush and as usual with you I get so much more. I could tell you all the parts I liked but posting the the whole thing seems a little silly to me. Perfect hows that, a beautiful description of their thoughts and feelings. Tahi your my one watched user so far and you continue to impress keep it up.

Ok time for some shameless self promotion. I can't get the links up and running just yet computer acting up however. Please anyone check out my 1st forays into fan fiction.

"Without and Within: Tahiri post Remnant poem"

"Sanity: Tahiri post Remnant vignette"

sorry about the lack of links aol has been screwy near me lately. Ok Tahi again truly enjoyable post, keep it up.

9. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    That was so awesome, Tahi! Loved it all.

You're actually given me a compliment that I don't want to bash you over the head for. Congradulations.

[face_laugh]

10. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Wow - a lot of people to reply to. Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll try and reply properly tomorrow. :)

11. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Do or do not, there is no try. :D

12. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Geez, I was kidding Tahi. :p

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Okay - here we go. It's all right Moff - I didn't get round to replying because I was travelling. I'm borrowing a laptop to do this. :)

Hooded One - Thanks :D

Force - glad it wasn't weird. ;)

JA - golly gosh thanks for all the comments. I had this story running around in my head a while before I started putting pen to paper, and I decided to use Lando because I thought he would make an amusing contrast to the Solo men and their rather hit and miss romantic technique ;)

Jedi Jaina - no I don't think Mara and Luke's connection is as deep either. Thanks for the "wow" :)

Happy Birthday Moff

Jade - yep, I see Anakin and Tahiri as having the potential for the closest relationship because of their strong basis of friendship and their ability to Force-bond. It was fun exploring that bond too. I wondered how far I could take it before it became too weird. ;)

Jane - Thanks. :) I'm glad the imagery came through. I had decided early on to picture Anakin's mind as a maze because of all the puzzles he used to solve when he was little. Tahiri's mind was originally going to be mountains and valleys - because I see her as quite volatile at times, and I thought that mountains would give the idea of extremes. Then I remembered she was from a desert planet, and the sand dune idea presented itself. I wanted a different metaphor for each to sort of highlight their personalities.

And yes - Anakin's learning how to romance her, but he can still take some instruction. ;)

Whitey - I like a guy who can show emotion ;)

Lonewolf - yep. I really believe that Tahiri is important to Anakin and vice versa. They balance each other's strengths and weaknesses.

BTW - I'm really enjoying your new story. :)

Moff - :) Thanks for that lovely comment about how the scene shows the extent of their love. That's what I wanted to show.

Satine - thanks. Well, Anakin gets it right sometimes.

JDH3 - thanks. I'm glad you got the "pudding" you wanted, and that it was worth the wait. Fear not - there will be more for both Anakin and Lando.

I loved your poem and viggie. Nice work :)

14. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
  15. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Someone hold me back if I get too close to someone at Del Rey or one of the authors.......
    Tahi this was exemplary - not too "adult" as they are teens and not too.....
    you know!
    Thanks!
    REb

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Nah - we won't hold you back, Reb. We'd just let you take 'em. :D In fact there's a few of us who would probably join you.

I'm glad the scene worked okay. It's tricky sometimes treading the middle ground between giving the readers what they want and keeping it on the right side of the censorship line ;) However, whatever people's views on the extent of Anakin and Tahiri's relationship in SbS, I think most of us would agree it was solidly based on friendship and a really sweet romance. :)

17. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Tahiri?s expression was hard to read, but to his surprise, and relief, it seemed to soften and her eyes lost their lethal glint. "I don?t want someone like Lando," she said slowly.

Hey! :( Lando's a nice guy! :D He really is! :) But he is a helpless flirt and I understand that's not Tahiri's style. Though I do recall Tahiri's first impression of him and it seemed to be favorable. ;)

Anyway... I loved the newest post. [face_love]

18. Jedi_jainafel

Aug 5, 2002
    Jade_Walker, i don't take offence to that at all!!What you said is completely true, i just was wayyy to tierd when i wrote that to even THINK about it from that aspect.

*Curls up in little ball*

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....damnit...it's the friggin school holidays and i have a bloody virus that's giving me a headache that's lasted TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!And panadol has nearly no affect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can't sleepp.....owww....and im such a wuss when it comes to pain.

nina

19. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002

:( I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon, Jedi_jainafel. :)

20. Jedi_jainafel

Aug 5, 2002
    Thanx, Jade_Walker, but im all better today!!!I got some stronger painkillers and its all gone.

Now i can have a good nights sleep.

nina

21. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2003
    That last post was great! :D

Obi-Solo

22. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Bria - don't worry, I wasn't criticising Lando. He's delightful - but he IS a flirt and that's NOT Tahiri's thing at all. :)

Jedi Jaina - so sorry to hear you're sick, but also glad to hear you're getting better. Did it stop you enjoying Easter eggs?

Jedi Obi Solo - thanks :)

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Easter break. :)

23. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Tahi- I know. I was just pointing out Tahiri's reaction when she first met Lando. ;)

Congrats on 1k posts. :cool:

24. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Omigosh - you're right. I hit the big 1000. Yay!

To celebrate here's the first part of the next chapter, and it's your favourites again, Bria.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Kushka's tongue poked out in concentration as he scraped the sharp end of the tool that had until recently been his mother's earring along the floor beam. It wasn't hard work because the beam had already had its smooth surface ruptured by Vehn, Qorl and Lando cutting out the pieces for their makeshift torch. The exposed soft sap-wood responded to the little boy's movements, peeling off in large curls. Kushka grinned with satisfaction at the growing pile of wood shavings, and glanced over at the men.

"Is that enough?" he asked the tall dark man in the purple shirt.

Lando's face lit up in an encouraging smile. "Hey, good work, Kushka. Just do a little bit more. I'm going to make a ball of shavings and wrap it with those strips that Tendra's making out of Mr Qorl's jacket lining. Once the fabric's burning it should burn slowly, but we need the shavings to get it going in the first place."

Vehn chuckled. "I've been threatening to burn that old jacket for a while. Never thought he'd actually offer to do it himself."

"It's a pity we can't do something about those revolting underpants," muttered the old pilot.

Vehn glanced down at the offending garment, pulling out the legs to display the florid pink cartoon kowakian monkey lizards prancing across the front. "They ain't underpants, Qorl, they're boxers. Underpants!" he repeated, sniggering. "Ah, Qorl. You can tell you were with the Empire! Anyway - think yourself lucky. Imagine if I'd been wearing my Thyferran thong."

"Please!" Lando covered his eyes in mock horror, and there were some suppressed giggles from Jassif and Neijal and an amused snort fron Tendra. "I'm going to have nightmares about this place as it is - don't make it worse."

"Well, just remember. It may well be my trousers that make the difference between you breaking your leg because you had to fall too far or you landing safely."

"I'll try and think along those lines." Lando nodded. "Okay, Kushka, bring me a big handful of those shavings would you."

The little boy eagerly scooped up as much of his pile as his two hands would hold and walked slowly over, carefully emptying the shavings on to the middle of the criss-crossed strips. He watched while Lando wove the fabric around the curls of wood to create a bulb-shaped bundle, and then glanced across to see how his mother and Jassif were getting on with their job. Jassif was feeding Ruba again, so only Neijal was working, tying assorted longer items of clothing together to make an escape "rope".

Lando had said that they may not need a rope, but that it was better to assume they would and therefore be prepared. Everyone except Kushka himself had offered up something to make it, the requirements being that the item was reasonably long and had strong seams. So far his mother had Mr Qorl's jacket with its ripped out lining, her own and Jassif's skirts, Mr Vehn's brown trousers, and she was just tying in Jassif's shawl. Next she would probably use Lando's shirt, and then the assorted belts worn by the three men. Both his mother and Jassif had been wearing petticoats under their skirts, so they didn't look too undressed. In fact Kushka thought the coloured petticoats were prettier than their plain blue and grey skirts. If he were a lady, he'd have worn them round the other way.

The men with blasters hadn't come back at all, which was both good and bad. Bad because it meant they were all uncomfortable, and there was a horrible smell coming from Ruba. Good because without the men there, Kushka felt a little safer. He knew from the way the adults were talking and acting that they were in danger, but somehow he didn't feel scared.

"Want to swap places, Qorl?"

The older man grunted. "Might be a good idea. Many hands make fire work."

Vehn's grey eyes opened wide as he approached his comrade. "Mother of meteors

25. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Ai-ya!!! Come on, Tahi. Don't scare your readers away by having them envision such horrors.

Lando having nightmares about that place? I think he's been having nightmares since Bespin. And now he's having more of them than ever since Myrkr.

And there was no doubt about it, the kind of companionship a woman offered was different from that shared between men ? even apart from the obvious physical advantages. There was something comforting about a woman ? something very? nurturing

That might be applicable to Tahiri, because she gives Anakin the confidence he needs to let go of his doubts and not have second thoughts. However, there's no way I can see that being applicable to Plourr, Kirana Ti, or Tenel Ka. And even if it were, it wouldn't play a primary role in their personality.

Are you trying to set Qorl up to be a dirty old man, like the type seen in Japanese manga and anime?

Borrowing something from my fanfic and having Vehn thinking with something other than his head in the middle of a crisis? At least you have Tahiri's not needing protection dead on.

I think Dajira's musings ties in more with the musings Jacen probably had after going through his ordeal in Traitor than it does with the Bible.

Edit - first off, congrats on reaching 1K. Next, I forgot to post these a while back, but from the ravings Bomar Tag was having, I'm thinking he's become a desperate man. Infomring the Yuuzhan Vongs that he has Jedi or potential Jedi to turn over to them will get their attention. Telling them that he had Anakin, that's going to get Tsavong Lah's attention. Dealing with Tsavong Lah has one thing in common with dealing with Vader - such dealings have the potential to become a final one for the dealer, one-sided, and fatal. Also, did Alema and her attempts to flirt with and possibly seduce Anakin serve in part as an inspiration for Dajira? Or did you want to continue the trend that began in Balance Point? The trend with Twi'lek women recognizing Anakin and flashing invitations in his direction. I bet a lot of the young male Jedi, and even some of the older ones like Ganner, were asking, "What does he have that I don't have?!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.