main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Maple syrup or fruit?

Discussion in 'Archive: Pancakes and Waffles Forum' started by RidingMyCarousel, Apr 1, 2011.

1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
  2. Milady

Milady Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    Syrup!

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Fruit syrup!

BookExogorth likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval TV Screaming Service / FFS! star 9 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
    I am a financial benefactor/semi-loiterer at the IHOP on Snyder in South Philly. The selection there is vast and so I have tried every possible imaginable combination. That being said, the fruit/syrup conundrum has been broken into two brackets.

Sometimes, I am just in the mindset for pancakes with maple syrup.

Other times, I will succumb to the hellishly devised advertising for seasonal specialty pancakes, such as pumpkin or the heavenly gingerbread pancakes. Most times, these include fruit.

BUT... my deal breaker is this: I have recently gotten into the quality habit of ordering banana-filled pancakes, which happen to be rather marvelous with maple syrup. Whole wheat pancakes, to be exact.

5. 3PO

3PO Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    Loitering I-Hop? Sounds like a thrill.

Haven't been to I-Hop or had these foods in forever :p

And...this is a really odd forum.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I visit that IHOP regularly, and once I'm there, I find a compulsion to stay as long as legally possible.

Of note, yesterday I ate banana pancakes with maple syrup. It bloated me quite heavenly.

7. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002

mmmm, boysenberry.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Going to IHOP now. The plan today is to shortstack fruit pancakes along with syrup-only pancakes. Full report to follow.

9. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Take me with you!! I want pancakes, too!! :_|

10. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Where do you live? If you live near/outside Philly, we can start an official PanForce chapter.

Today's monumental bloat-a-thon consisted of Cinn-A-Stack pancakes with a short stack of Strawberry Banana. I'm fasting for 24 hours to undo what I have put my body through.

MrZAP likes this.
  12. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Alas, I will have to start my own Virginia PanForce chapter. The deliciousness of your bloat-a-thon is inspiring me to consider dinner at IHOP, however.

13. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    We should definitely do an Official PanForce Pancakes and Waffles dinner at the next Celebration.

BookExogorth likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I was just being a pundit when I dropped the term PANForce... but I think we should try to official-ize it. I'm gonna start a thread in here to rouse locals in similiar regions to get together over love of both Star Wars and diabetes.

15. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    North Carolina isn't far from VA and plenty of ihop's inbetween!

16. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I had pancakes piled with sliced strawberries and and gobs of Lite Cool Whip on Sunday which is usually my pancake day. I also had vanilla/Strawberry White Iced Tea.

BTW this thread is making me awefully hungry.

17. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
  18. Anakin_and_Padme

Anakin_and_Padme Jedi Master

Nov 27, 2010
    Maple syrup.

19. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Chocolate syrup and banana slices

BookExogorth likes this.
  20. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Maple syrup, no contest.

How is It that it took me this long to find this forum?? :eek:

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I swung both ways, today. IHOP gave me the best of both worlds. I will say bananas with syrup for teh win.

22. Briannakin

Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Feb 25, 2010
    Hot strawberry sauce AND syrup.

BookExogorth likes this.
  23. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    I hate maple syrup. And I'm Canadian.

pronker likes this.
  24. pronker

pronker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    This forum owns the best thread for posting one's guilty pleasures ... it's fruit of any kind on pancakes except pears, because they suck. Also, dark brown sugar=P~ is fantastic on pancakes.

25. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    Fruit

pronker likes this.