main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Maps of the galaxy

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AusStig, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Bri edit: I've changed the title of this thread so we can get a bit of a resource thread going on. There are lots of great maps of the galaxy, each suited for different purposes, so if anyone has a map of the galaxy (or map of a planet/area of the GFFA) they want to share, post it here.

This is my personal favourite, as it is really detailed. http://www.starwars-chronicles.com/Map_Galaxy.htm

Also, semi-related, this website has a great chart for hyperspace travel times http://www.starwars-chronicles.com/Hyperspace_Travel_Time.htm

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    The official (Legends) map from The Essential Atlas can be found here. Planets not specifically called out there can be found by looking up their grid coordinates in the Atlas's online appendix. In many cases, the coordinates can be also found on the planet's Wookieepedia article.

4. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    If I had Photoshop up and running I'd make a higher-resolution version of that map but without the fancy graphics...it'd be a bit of work, but totally worth it.

5. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Great resources, thanks!

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Great topic and cool links. :)

7. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    Glad you like it. This map was done way before the Essential Atlas was released. It is by no means professionally made map, but it serves the purpose of the site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.