main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Mara has entered canon... in Galaxy's Edge!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, Sep 28, 2019.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Is this legit, looks not fake to me but is it?

[​IMG]

2. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    I really hope it is true!

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

3. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I hope not!

Nom von Anor likes this.
  4. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    I wouldn’t read too much into it; just some props people having a bit of fun

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    MEGA SQUEEAGE! So do I! [face_love] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    If true I know this was done for the most cynical of reasons by Disney but even so YES PLEASE GOD YES :D

7. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Could Zorri Bliss in TROS be a code name and she's actually Mara?

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I can honestly see this being TROS's equivalent mystery to "Is Ilum the Starkiller planet?" In which they purposefully line up all the dots to spell it out, but never go through the motion to connect them. We'll be given a million clues, but no one will ever confirm anything.

9. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    So to clarify some... apparently this inscription is from a male toilet stall in Galaxy's Edge... what a location for her entering canon... oh my!

Also that means one has to now check out every single toilet in the damn park in both damn parks even! Male and female for more clues!

Nom von Anor and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I think your overanalizing this and we need to have a serious discussion on re-canonizing in NuCanon...Stuff like Ziost is techinally canon and Rataka Prime, doesn’t mean Ziost is the Sith capital or the Rakata Empire are.

11. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    I highly doubt that anyone of the higher-ups at Disney cares about what is written on the wall of a toilet stall in one of the parks

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

Please tell me where I overanalysed anything? I simply reposted it. I never said which Mara, nor that her backstory is involved. That is your and others implication or hope. I am no wookieepedian and I do not work like that. It could be any Mara Jade in the new universe, or the one we knew but with different job and life. Grown up peaceful with her parents until some idiot exboyfriend of her went to pee on Baatu.

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I just never take to much stalk in these little Easter egg things, I think someone from the storygroup when designing the party put it there for people to find and think it’s fun...Those who get it will get it.

It’s like the Mandalorian having the weapon from the Holiday Special in The Mandalorian. It’s fun.

JediBatman likes this.
  14. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I hope there's a Tommy Tutone joke in one of the stalls.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

15. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I'm instantly reminded of this time years ago, when a random youtube commenter tried to convince me a sequel to Empire at War was coming out soon, and that he knew this because of "subtle hints at Disney theme parks". I rebutted this of course by asking what the hell that even means, and pointing out that new video games tend to have more press and fanfare than people leaving clues in theme parks like the freaking Riddler. Now granted, Star Wars has had small hints at future developments before. Examples include the Geonosian Genocide being hinted at before it was explored more in Rebels, or books showing us Canto Bight before TLJ came out. But if this is really true, and they're going to recanonize Mara Jade in a meaningful way . . . stickers in a bathroom stall is a weird place to announce it.

More likely this is in the same realm as the Star Wars easter eggs in ET and the ET easter eggs in TPM: something intended as a joke that people over analyze and take way too seriously.

Yeah, it's weird how sometimes Disney gets talked about as if it's a hive mind, or if Bob Iger is personally overseeing what easter eggs are allowed in bathrooms of a theme park.

Also, I'm confused by the "cynical reasons" comment. What, as opposed to out of the kindness of their hearts? Star Wars is designed to make money. The Transformers cartoon that people complained Michael Bay ruined the sanctity of was designed as a toy commercial. All media is made for money, it shouldn't matter as long as the quality is unaffected. So hearing "Hey, they might be bringing a fan favorite character back" and responding with "Ugh, those cynical suits" strikes me as a weird reaction.

Ithorians and FS26 like this.
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Heck Lucasfilm itself before it’s sold was a buisness...George Lucas was both auter creator but also businessman who made a truck load of money off of Star Wars toys and merchandise later in life. Thes are corporations at the end of the day...Lucasfilm, Disney...with one job..make money.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2019
  17. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    It depends on how corporations make money. From the gaming world, there's a huge difference between CD Projekt Red and Electronic Arts. The former at least goes through the motions of hearing fans out.

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  18. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    CD Projekt Red is, in a lot of ways, just as bad/worse than EA. Their crunch culture is just as bad and goes on for way longer, and the goodwill they have after The Witcher 3 means that they can get away with it way easier.

FS26 and sidv88 like this.
  19. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    That's why I said that it dosn't matter "as long as the quality is unaffected", though of course "quality" always varies from person to person.

Though again I'm pretty certain this is just an easter egg. Mara Jade is probably only tied with Thrawn, Revan, and Kyle Katarn as far as fan favorite Legends characters, and when they brought Thrawn back they sure as hell didn't announce it on a bathroom stall.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 and FS26 like this.
  20. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    You're right, that is true. And I glossed over that, which I shouldn't have.

They're turning to the Dark Side. :vader::redsaber::emperor::redsaber:

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The problem with the current generation of gaming is it's next to impossible to buy a high profile, major game and have a clear conscience.

Maybe it was there in the PS3 era and it wasn't noticed. But the current corporate practices, be it on the development or microtransactions, are malign yet very hard to avoid giving any money to.

22. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Whoever wrote that graffiti has very good handwriting. I couldn't pull that off, especially not vertically the way this fellow did. Not that I'd ever try, of course.

23. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Ok, time for someone here to fess up. Which one of you made the graffiti and tried to make Mara Jade canon?? :eek:

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  24. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    makes me wonder, why isn't it a thing that fans add fanmade aurebesh grafitti or inscriptions with prepaired cut out aurebesh to simply spray over? Now I do not want any vandalism in Galaxys Edge at all but did Disney think of that? This topics easter egg seems to be real, but what if this kicks off a trend? Visit Baatu, recanonise your character easily via grafitti. I hope fans are better than that but.. it now worries me.

25. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    DarkEagle and JediBatman like this.