main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan club- reborn!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thanos6, Nov 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    MARA JADE SKYWALKER ROCKS!!! [face_laugh]

Cool points Tallie, and Mara was punished with having no youth, with loving and caring parents,but the evil Emperator. She was stolen from her parents and coming in a hard cold Imperial palace with people like Vader, Tarkin in and out. Nah what a pleasure. Punishment ? After Mara joined luke, she has often helped the NR and Luke in several crisis situations. I think that Mara?s paying the price what every Force-sensitive people should do in that case. From VotF on Mara became and being a Jedi and should she serve the good and the NR all her lifetime now,at least that?s how JediMaster Luke Skywalker judged and the NR Government saw it.
    Even on her wedding appeared Mon Mothma and the Chief of state !! Would they gave Mara that honour if the NR didn?t agreed with Luke?s judgement?? I doubt it strongly.
    The question rising though why they judge Force ?sensitive people like Mara different, than non Force sensitive people!
    But this is the SW galaxy and obvious they have other law rules than here on Earth, but otherwise we don?t have Force sensitive people here! [face_laugh]

CURE MARA!!!

2. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    MARA JADE SKYWALKER ROCKS [face_laugh]

You know about the hair of Mara?s son.. I?ve not often view boys with red hair,but perhaps he get blond hair with a faint light of red in it. Sounds cool too,but with the sprankling green eyes of his mom Mara!! I?m sure he looks very cute. Heh I like Mara being pregnant.Wonder how she handle with diapers. :D

I wish that Mara knew where she came from. I mean perhaps Mara and her husband would then taken a mixup from names of Tatooine and her homeplanet,but alas!! ;)

3. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hello friends!! [face_laugh]

Conquest is coming,or perhaps some gotten that book,and if you want to share your Mara Jade quotes/spoilers here in this thread.Please don't forget to place a spoiler alert in your post.Thanks :D

CURE MARA

4. General_H_Storm

General_H_Storm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2001
    *Spoiler*

She accidently tells the Solo kids about her pregnancy.

5. Phoenix928

Phoenix928 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 2, 1999
    Geez, gang, I disappear for a few days and the whole world gets turned upside down... yeesh...

You mean I gotta set up a Yahoo account now? Argh... yeah, I'll just put that on my ever-growing list of things to do. <Sigh> First my Junior Qualifying Exam, now this... help.

Anyways, to keep this post "on topic"...

1. Bantha or Dewback, the eternal question...

It's a tough call... I'd have to say... nerf... er... all right... that's not one of the choices.

Um... I can't think of any dishes made out of bantha, but a bunch of Star Wars Roleplaying Gamers (myself included) created the appetizers known as "Sizzlin' Dewback Sticks." So if only for that, I'd have to go with the Dewback. :)

2. Tallie: Agreed. You make good points.

To oversimplify the situation, Kyp still suffers from the brashness of youth, while it seems that Mara never had that problem, even when she was younger. (We've never seen it, anyway.)

It's strange to see, but she somehow manages to be a strong-willed, passionate individual, but she doesn't really let it guide her actions. Kyp, on the other hand is far too impulsive for my liking.

I'm not one to bash characters (and indeed I don't feel like I'm indulging in Kyp-bashing here), but he really is headstrong, but that's to be expected, I think, considering his background and previous history.

3. How long until the next book is out? I don't want to be dividing my time between the latest SW novel and the massive amounts of schoolwork that I have to complete in the next five weeks.

6. Tallie

Tallie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    Well I would know red heads, I've got two red-head brothers and a close friend who also has that trait :0) I got the idea for curly red hair from a movie I saw with a little kid in it that I thought looked like he could be Luke and Mara's son, I just made Pix up. A blonde kid would be cute, but I still like the red hair. Mara with dipers, even better, how about Luke with diapers!

Well I think they would've noticed she was pregnant in a couple of months anyway, I mean you can't really hide something like that, especially if the little boy's force sensative. I want Conquest now!!!!! By the way, do you think he'll be born by Star by Star? Or will we have to wait?

Kyp is very impulsive, it's gotten him into a lot of trouble in the past and present. He's a powerful Jedi but he's way too hotty about it.

Here's a question, I've been on other chats that blame Mara for weakening Luke's force power....Where the heck do they come up with this??????

CURE MARA, she and Luke have enough to worry about without this stupid dieease.

7. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    SPOILER:

The newest issue of the "Star Wars Insider" (the one with Ian McDiarmid on the cover) announced that Skywalker, Jr. will be born in Greg Keyes' book Rebirth. If he were to be born in SbS that would be *well* over 9 months.

8. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    1)Do you think that the Emperor would killed Mara if she was not that what he had expected from her,I mean regarding skills,motivation etc???

Of course. Palpatine would have killed her without a second thought if she didn't measure up to what ever standards he set.

2) In Balance Point we can read that Mara regret what she have done for Palpatine.
    Do you think that she should NOT feel responsible for her deeds, because Palpatine has manipulated and misguided her, whenever he could??

Yes, Palpatine did mapipulate and misguide Mara, but I think that Mara does feel remorse for the things she did while she was a Hand. But I can't see her spending every waking moment dwelling on past events.

What will Luke and Mara's child look like:
    I think I would prefer it if he had blonde hair and green eyes.

I haven't quite figured out how Mara is responsible for Luke's so called weakness. She must be a very powerful Jedi if she is able to zap the strength from other Jedi.

9. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Poor Mara,to blame her for Luke's weakness. :(

Luke Forcepowers isn't getting weak because of Mara,but the true reason for Luke weakness,I think it's more a sign of getting older and being not that impulsive anymore. He actually thinks more before he act.Mara is the strong woman behind her man,and she could influenced him with her theory about not using so much Force powers,but I'm sure not with the rolling pin. [face_laugh]

CURE MARA!!!

Gen.H.Storm thats cool that you got Conguest!! :D

10. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    APRIL FOOL GAG AND MARA JADE IS IN IT!!! [face_laugh]

Hey anyone have seen the gag on the The force.net main page?? GL planned to make the sequels? I really thought it was seriously,but I'm relieved that it was not true,cause I was getting almost a heartattack when GL said,the grandchildren of luke were in it,but who's Mara Jade?? [face_laugh]

http://www.cnn.com,showbiz,storyid=@209.142.3.23/

11. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    Aw come on, why should the boy look more like Luke? I still think he should have red hair and blue eyes, come on, we've got enough blondes! A red tint huh...like strawberry blone....I don't know, personally I think it's high time the Star Wars galaxy had a red head boy in a main part.

Here's a question, if Luke and Mara are going to have a son what'll happen to him while they're out fighting, I mean if the Vong found out about an unborn Jedi they might try a kidnapping thing, I'm sure the kid's safe enough before he's born but after...well how will they protect him? The son of Luke Skywalker would be a pretty interesting subject for Yuuznan Vong tests and a little baby's pretty much defenseless.

In Rebirth? Wow, that's sooner than I thought. Actually when I think about it it makes sense. But I thought they'de wait till the hard back since that's suposed to be the official series or whatever. So the little baby'll be born in Aug.......cool.

12. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    My bet Mara's son getting the best nanny of the SW galaxy :D R2-D2!! j/k I dunno
    But I think that Mara and luke will not leave their son alone,if.One of them will be always with their son.

13. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    Maybe so but I doubt even R2 could protect him from a Vong warrior with an attitude, remember Anakin Solo still got kidnapped even with a superior nanny droid...that was a cool scene. But seriously Luke and Mara are gonna have to be very cautious with their baby Jedi.

14. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    That would be the best plan, but they both like action so much.....still it's their son, I'de love to see Mara get hold of someone trying to hurt her kid........OUCH!!!!!!!!!

CURE MARA........RED HAIR FOR THEIR SON!!!!!!!!!!!

15. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey I found this on the second page :(
    I'd rather like to read Mara and Luke more in action too,but this is nice.

Ghentz updated his Lit.section on jedi.net.com. Mara is in it,nice comment by Ghentz [face_laugh]

http://www.jedinet.com/literature/

CURE MARA!!!

16. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Blond,blond!!!! :)

Hey I'm only afraid to see a Skywalker /Jade ofspring with a redbeard I guess [face_laugh]

Mara in action huh protecting her child,what about this cover?? :)

http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/news/2001/10/cover.html

Tallie I hope it comes out very well for Mara's child. :D Shudder,having her first born child in hands of the Vong and could you imagine they made a Yuuzhan Vong out of him. Unrecognizable for even Mara?? It's possible that luke and Mara couldn't even sensed him anymore cause he's not available for the Force. :)

Another horrible scenario that I'd not like to read about is to have Mara's child kidnapped,and Mara/luke would find him only after twenty years or so :(

LONG LIVE MARA JADE SKYWALKER!!!!

CURE MARA!!!

17. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm not giving up on the red hair thing, I mean think about it...a small kid with a tangled mass of red curls looking up at you with bright blue eyes...perfect for their son! He's got his mom's hair, his dad's eyes and the curls are all his own.

Aw that would suck! Mara and Luke need to be able to keep their child WITH them. It would be awful if the little kid got taken when he was a baby.....that would just be wrong. They deserve this kid, I mean Han and Leia have three Luke and Mara should have at least one.....I'de rather they had more but that's not the point really....I mean Luke got so excited and Mara is already protective, if the kid gets taken I'LL be crushed, not to mention them.

What about the Rebirth cover? True Luke and Mara are on it but what does.....hold on let me follow the link....DUH Tallie, sheesh I really should learn these things :0)

CURE MARA!!!!!! LET THEM KEEP THEIR CHILD.....WITH RED HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    No....I think I missed something on the link, why the sad face? Or am I just totally duranged? Well anyway, I'm going to call al the books store and see if they've got an early copy of Conquest....worth a try, I can't wait to see Luke and Fye'lya duke it out, hope Mara gets a piece too. :0)

CURE MARA!!!!!!! RED HEAD KID

19. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    I wasn't going to read the spoilers, I really wasn't! But I'm really looking forward to the scene Gen. Storm mentioned! Dangit! :D However, you guys, we've usually kept this thread spoiler-free till a week or two after a book comes out, letting those who want to avoid spoilers have a safe place here and those who want to seek out spoilers have their fill in other threads.

That said, welcome, Tallie, Narggawa-Kai, and Lucars, as well as Corran9 way at the top of the page -- it's great to have new faces here! (Phoenix and Tara, nice to see you too! It's a bad time of the semester, I know...)

Well, I've been on Tallie's side voting for the red hair and blue eyes myself, but I recently met a blond guy with very nice green eyes, so I am currently finding both of those to be acceptable color schemes. ;) And Frodo, watch out what you wish for -- I know somebody with blond hair *and* a red beard! I'll be interested to see what they come up with -- not that his hair and eyes might not change color during his childhood. They do on a lot of people!

I can only hope that Del Rey will keep the kidnapping plots to a minimum -- I never noticed it at the time with the Bantam novels, but looking back on them, yeah, that was a tad overused with the Solo kids. I certainly don't think it would make a very good story to have Luke and Mara be separated from their son throughout his whole childhood, and I don't think they would stand for that, either. I like Mara in protective mode. And Luke, well, he's always in protective mode. ;)

20. spicelord1

spicelord1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2000
    Hello!!

I have been kind of busy lately. Miss this place from time to time. Well I got a hold of Conquest and the new Essential guide earlier today.(yippee!!! I love my Waldenbooks!!) Not too far into conquest yet (Only got to the end of chapter two. Boss had a problem with me reading it while I was supposed to be working.) but so far I am loving it. Chapter two is definitely for Luke and Mara fans.(Funny stuff at some points and very touching in others and some very important insights!! Don't want to spoil the discussion they have. Holding back on spoilers is going to kill me!!!! Besides someone has more then likely put it up elsewhere.) Will try too read a bit more tonight. Getting any studying done tonight is a lost cause I think.

I hope there are no kidnapping plots in store for the young Skywalker. It has been way over done and I don't think there is a chance in he** Luke or Mara would ever allow it to happen. They are worried for this child. It might end up being their only one.(read you will see why i say that :) ) I don't think they will ever be far from his side.

As for what I hope he looks like. I think either combo is good. Red hair and blue eyes or blond like his father with striking green eyes like his mother. I guess if it was up too me I would make him look like his dad. (big surprise there) I just want this kid to be healthy and have a normal childhood. Something his mother never really had. And I want him to grow up with his real parents. That does not seem to happen much in the star wars universe. He is coming at a very bad time. Who knows what will happen.

Hmmm. The break up. It upsets me a little that this place has been hurt so often that the need for some to leave became necessary. It might be for the best. I will try to look over in the yahoo group after I get everything changed over from the old egroup settings if it is ok. Wont leave this place all the way though. Too many fond memories here and I am still hoping some old friends will return someday. Well I have rambled enough for one night and it is getting late (past one and I need to read more). Sorry about the mess. Take care everyone.

21. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Hi! Just stopped by for a second for a Tales update. TRMJ and I agreed that the tales would be considered "off topic" here, so rather than risk the forum, we moved them over to the Yahoo group. I posted new Tales ideas tonight there.

If you are interested in writing a Tale but don't want to or cannot join the Yahoo group for some reason, PM me and we'll try to work something out.

Artemis: TK wants to archive the old Tales on the Yahoo boards. I've found yours by diving through this forum, but I won't post them without your permission. Would you mind?

I love the fact that worthwhile conversations are going on here. :) And it's fantastic to see so many new "faces." Welcome, all of you. Good to see SL1 and Artemis around, too.

As for the Skycrawler's looks, I think I'm in the blonde hair/green eye camp for a little boy. But if he has a little sister (which I seriously hope he will someday) I would prefer red hair and blue eyes for her. Of course, I'm not going to quibble as long as the child is healthy. And I agree that I hope he never has to go through kidnapping--that was overused to the point that it lost its effectiveness, but I would still be very concerned about the possibility.

22. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Hello,

I'll be heading out to Barnes and Noble shortly to pick up my copy of COnquest.

Yes, the whole kidnapping plot had been done to death. No more. I feel sorry for anyone who would even think of kidnapping the little Skycrawler (I'll be so glad when we can start using his proper name).

Maybe it's just me, but I think red hair looks better on girls than guys. I was trying to think of male characters that have red hair and I only came up with two: Dash Rendar and Pash Cracken. Are there any others? But the most important thing is is that he's born healthy.

Hi Spicelord! Long time no see

Welcome to all the new folks posting here. Enjoy your stay :)

23. Lucars

Lucars Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    you guys can't be talkin' trash like that here

24. Lucars

Lucars Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    If you guys are gonna talk that trash take it away from here man we don't need that crap

25. Lucars

Lucars Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    Im gettin out of here before you guys get banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.