main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheB5Fan, May 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    More MARA CHRISTMAS to all! Frodo, good, I'll msg DL or one of them as well and give them the scoop.

As for B5's msg, well, just to be safe I'll UP the other thread ONCE a DAY until we are go for 10000. This is so they know it is still active and not dead. I'll try to send out all the msg's and e-mails today and get 10000 arranged by the end of the week. Either for the end of te week or shortly thereafter. Depending on how many msg's I get returned and the feedback from them. See you all soon!

~The Insane One

2. Hunter Of Winds

Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 5, 1999
    Merry Christmas! I wish a happy and safe Christmas to my friends in the MJFC.

I'm waiting for the ten thousandth post. There's no need to up our thread, since most of us have it bookmarked. I would prefer to see us make all of our posts leading up to the big one, special. I really don't want the big post for myself, but I'd like to see one of our earliest members, who has been here since the beginning, and who had held this group of Mara fanatics together, be here for the big one.

~ Hunter Of The Winds ~

3. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    TRMJ oh yeah I remember the M&L gifs. And not to forget these funny little smilies!! Sigh I?ve missed them alot!
    Jasses look at this tread ! Dust and big old spiders! Are you really sure we don?t get a meeting with the house ghost, TK? Shudder! :)
    Artemis you offer us cookies cool. I?ll spend some hot chocolate or coffee for us all. :) It?s cold here!

Guess what !! I was looking out of the window our home,very early this morning and saw SNOW on the trees and roofs!!!! Hurray thought we get white Xmas.
    Oh well unfortunately it disappeared soon. :(

I agreed Hunter! Hopefully we have it behind us soon though! Having two treads up at the same time make me nervous since I?ve read B5 comment.

CURE MARA!!

4. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Frodo, DL locked the MJFCR!!!!
    And he says that you asked for it! I'm sure it was all a misunderstanding, but could you please PM him asking him to unlock the topic???

TRMJ *who is really nervous right now...imagine if we can't unlock the thread???*

5. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    TRMJ I don't ask him for locking our tread,It's a misunderstanding.I PM him a while because of this misunderstanding,but he didn't respond. I only ask him to get his permission to use this thread temporary! But then he locked it.I may have said something wrong,but I didn't know what!

6. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    Frodo: I know that you didn't ask him to lock the MJFCR, but he locked it and I'm desperate! We were only 60 posts from the 10,000 post! =(

TRMJ

7. TheB5Fan

TheB5Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 1999
    What the!? Your still not at 10,000 and DL locked the thread?! I don't think its possible to reopen a thread once its been locked! What have you done?! Hope you get this fixed, I warned you all about it.

8. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Mara Christmas everyone! PDK and I are confused about what's happening over at the MJFC, but I'm sure it'll get straightened out soon. Let's just celebrate the holiday here and not blame anyone for this misunderstanidng. I brought some spiced cider to the party; sorry I'm late. It's nice to see you all again and congrats on making so much progress since last I was here.

9. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I think it is great. out with the old,(including this) and make a new one

10. PaysonTerrik

PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2000
    Don?t worry, it will all be straightened out. DL actually did us a favor by keeping any pranksters from getting 10,000 without us. And here, this should make you feel better ? it?s from the FAQ:

What is a "locked" topic?
    A topic can be "locked" by a board moderator or the original author. Locking a topic prevents it from being replied to by anyone. Moderators and topic authors can also "unlock" a topic if they so choose. Topic authors also have the option of starting a topic locked.

See ? it?s fixable. :-D

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! Yub, Yub Santa!

Hi Alien Acid - haven't seen you around for awhile.

11. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    OK ? now for a little backtracking.

For those of you who asked ? I?ve been at Disney World (Florida) not Disney Land (California) ? it?s always so confusing! I live just over an hour away and some of my friends and I have annual passes. So, if any of you ever plan to go to Disney World and need some pointers on where to go, just ask me!

Hope ? you know, most people think of Disney as a kids? place, but there are actually quite a few romantic aspects about it. I have friends who went there on their honeymoon, too, and they loved it. September is the best time to come to Florida because it?s off season and the rates are lower, the weather is a little cooler, and Disney?s not as crowded. I hope you get to come back then ? will this be the first time for your kids? Oh, and how did that first cheesecake turn out?

Well, it looks like everyone is having a good holiday season so far. Sorry TRMJ that you have those few weeks of make-up classes ? hopefully they?ll go by really fast.

My Christmas went really well. Uggghhh - *went.* Christmas is officially over for me now. :-( Tuesday is my last day of freedom, then back to the old routine at work. And, if you couldn?t have guessed already ? no white Christmas in central Florida. ;-) Lots of turkey and pie and a general sense of gluttony. I did get SW Trivial Pursuit and the LOTR set ? I?m very very excited. Oooh ? and as a Christmas present to myself, I bought the Firebird series. I was in the Christian bookstore and found them there. I was so excited to actually see them in a real store, that I couldn?t pass it up. :-D

What about all of you? Have you all been a bunch of pie-stuffin?, football-watchin? gluttons? Any funny crazy family stories? Awww ? good to see Marie and PDK have been able to spend some time together ? I?m sure there must have been mistletoe over the front door, too. ;-) Well, I may check in early in the morning or late tomorrow night, but I?ll be out all day Tuesday. Everyone have a great day! I need to go catch up on what else has been going on in the boards lately. Frodo ? you up yet?

12. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Yes I am Payson,but I feel very miserable about the whole mess I caused myself.
    Right now DL haven't respond to all my messages. I'm waiting,and I'm afraid I cann't fixed it.

Oh well I think I'm not the right person now to have a nice conversation with.I'm very down.So I'll comeback if I could see some light. Sorry ya all for this mess.I'll do my best to fix it.I have emailed the Forum@theforce.net and hope they can help us.Hope you can forgive me if ....well I barely can think about that. Hoping for a good ending of the story.

13. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Oooooo. Must calm down. Nobody lecture me. B5, yes you did. We didn't mean this to happen. I'm the one it seems trying to make plans while the post cout was shooting up. Fine 10000 is horse****! Lets just have one person there. Thats what I should have done, taken the 10000th post by myself.

I'm sorry. I was trying to send e-mails out and Private Messages, I should have done it earlier but didn't. Its so hard since its fallen around a Holiday, everyone is tied up. So I don't know?!?! Now they maybe worthless, your post caused us to panic and get in touch with an Admin, we did and DL screwed us over. I sent one to the Gatherer as I knew DL wasn't really a Mara sympathizer. How was I to know this would happen? I'm not a psychic.

This isn't a total blame, but maybe they would have left it alone for the time as long as it was sinking. As long as we weren't continually posting in both, it may have been safe. Oh well. Shoot me, sue me. Whatever. I'm signing out for now. I'll be back in a few hours or something. Depends on when the adrenaline stops surging and the anger subsides.

You need a whipping dog, than its me. I'm used to the blame and the abuse already. SO HIT ME!

~THE REALLY MANIC INSANE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    I hope everyone had a very "Mara" Christmas!

Frodo:
    Don't be so hard on your self. I'm almost positive locked topics can be unlocked. Since the MJFC wasn't locked for any of the reasons most topics are locked (trolling, swearing etc.), there really shouldn't be any reason why an admin. wouldn't unlock it.
    It wan an honest mistake and anyone could have made it.

Payson:
    Yes, Disney can be quite romantic. We had a great time there and can't wait to go back (it's been five years). Kids? No, I only have one (three year old little boy). We haven't really decided if we're going to take him on this trip or wait until the next one. The cheesecake was actually pretty good and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Preparing it was time consuming and I'll probably wait a while before attempting another one. Enjoy the FIREBIRD series!

15. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

I go on vacation for a week, and finally find a relative with an internet connection (26.4?!) and discover the MJFC has been LOCKED?!?!?!

To quote:" "Noooooooooooooooo! It can't be!" (Luke Skywalker)

It better be unlocked by the time I return to civilization, or there will be one very miffed wizard to deal with...

In slightly better news, Christmas has been wonderful, aside from being sick as a dog. Presents were more quality than quantity, as I got a new Microsoft Sidewinder joystick and a new Sony Discman. I've been seeing relatives I haven't seen in years, and who I couldn't remember for the life of me.

16. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    Hi gang! Good to know that your holidays went well! =)

And about the locked topic:
    Frodo, I think that I was a little rude earlier, but I was nervous. It wasn't your fault. And TK, it wasn't your fault either. Let's stop looking for who may have caused it and let's worry about getting it unlocked, ok?

TRMJ

17. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    Good news (at least I think so):

The last time DarthLudicrous logged in was when he locked the MJFCR. And the last time TheGatherer logged in was before the MJFCR was locked. So, they hasn't received our messages asking them to unlock the topic yet.

TRMJ *who is feeling a little better and hopeful*

18. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    Got any naked pics of Shanon Bhaska hehe.

19. mara03

mara03 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2000
    I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I got the last book in the Firebird series . . .and it was great!

I'm sure the thread issue will be cleared up soon. The administrators were probably too involved in RL and Christmas to deal with unlocking the thread.

Jen

20. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    Payson-you're making me blush! Yeah, we get to spend time together, which is great. But we've been dating long enough that we're invited/expected to come to Christmas with both families. Makes for a long day, but that's okay. ps-my parents went to Disney World for their honeymoon, too.

TK, Frodo-Don't blame yourselves. We still love you and I'm sure this mess will get sorted out soon. Even with the worst case scenario, we'll just have to make this our new home. And that's okay. This is a nice place, and with a little work, it'll be great. :)

Have happy holidays everyone!

21. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    I'm going MIA and AWOL for the next day or so. Maybe they'll figure it all out while I'm gone. Where I'm going I may have net access then again I might not.

Be back tomorrow, possibly sooner. Depending on net access. Later.

~The Insane One

22. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    I just want to let everyone know that the other thread is unlocked :)

23. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    Praise be; the thread's back! But we need to watch it now. I'm not sure it'll last unitl Friday when we could get everyone together. I'm afraid someone will troll in there and steal it. May the force be against such a horrible act. :)

24. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    I'm checking in. If anyone starts to really troll the thread, tell me and if its to bad just steal 10000 from the trollers. I just want to make sure its a MJFC regular that takes 10000. Not a troll that drops in for one post only, just so they can get an important post.

We may just have to do it before Friday and have a After 10000 party. We'll see, I just hope that I can be around in the next day.

I have to house sit and dog sit for my sister tonight while shes on a cruise. I hope I could use her computer to surf the web. I'll try, talk more later.

~The Insane One

25. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Hey ? I?m just happy to be here. . . I appreciate all the thought and effort everyone has been giving in order to make this big event a great one. A few misunderstandings, but nothing bad ? see we?re all OK.
    :) Here, have a happy face cookie.
    Haven?t been around because I?ve been having wacky internet problems with my home computer. I had to sneak a minute at work just to say hi, but I can?t really stay since it?s my first day back and I have lots of catch up work to do. I?ll get my computer-whiz dad to come over to my house and fix things for me, so hopefully I?ll be back online tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.