main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Hater Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by rngenzi, Apr 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It's true, but lots of people are raised like that.

The Buddha, a real man, walked away from his own kingdom to live as a pauper. Because people starved, and it was so he could have riches and live a languid life. He was 21 and the realization was too much to bear. He left because he couldn't live in denial. And because his father loved him so much, that he dyed his hair and acted all young, and had only beautiful people around, so he couldn't see any ugliness, the boy wanted to give the world beauty.

I'm sure the Imperial Palace was filled with beauty. I'm sure not everyone there was mindless. Bail worked for Palpatine, essentially, for years, before he couldn't do it anymore.
    There were kids, and families, and thus beauty, and love. Mara didn't seem interested in those things. Maybe she even hated them, because she didn't understand them.

Even Shira wasn't that bad. Didn't vader raise her? Luke ruined her body, and she isn't out hunting him. He hasn't heard from her. She has moved on.

To me, if you are going to use that argument, then why do all the people that love Mara seem to hate Anakin Skywalker?

He was raised as a slave, with fear and detachment (it's a measure of self-protection, yes), always ready for a fight. Who is the first person he meets on Coruscant? Palpatine. How do we know he didn't start to indoctrinate Anakin right then in his apartment, when Padme was off taking a nap, and Anakin was sitting there on the couch.
    You think Palpay couldn't feel the waves of power emantaing from the boy? He watched Anakin like a hawk for years, and Anakin went to him whenever he needed to talk. Palpy posing as a loving grandfather type.

But Anakin is considered some wimpy cowardly, gutless monster, and Mara is some saint? Aren't their childhoods similar? If you want us to make it so Mara is not accountable, then Anakin can't be, because Palpatine warped and played with his already confused little slave mind from day one.

Palpatine is the true villin here. He played Anakin, took his wife and family, and made Anakin somehow hateful enough to kill off his own brethren. Why is it different?
    I pity Anakin. He suffered a lot. Angry and hurt beyond reason, he reminds me of a bull that gets teased and tormented and charges.

Mara had it a lot easier. She didn't lose her body, and be permenently disabled. She didn't lose her spouse and babies. She did lose her mother, but her mother didn't die in her arms. Ankin's foolishness is propelled by pain, not the thought of reward. She was purely cold, not as cold as Isard, maybe, but how do we know? Pretty cold.

I suppose that's why I'm more sympathetic towards Anakin, but that didn't make him right either. He didn't get much out of the deal, did he? He had lots of power and prestige, too. Fifty times more than Mara ever had. What an empty, sad life.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  2. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
  3. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Okay, sorry, I didn't see that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.