main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Mara Jade & Luke Skywalker

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Master_, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_

Jedi_Master_ Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005
    What's the first novel that introduces Mara Jade & Luke falling in love??? Or in what novel do they get married?

Thanks!

2. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    They fall in love in the Hand of Thrawn duology (Specter of the past and Vision of the future) and they get married in the comic book 'Union'.

EDIT: Why post this 4 times?

3. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Try Google, do your own research, and don't spam us.

4. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    And Union s*cked

5. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Entil, we have to star out the whole the word now. :rolleyes:

You can say sucked. I pretty much anything except the 7 words you can't say on TV. George Carlin [face_love]

6. Dark-Daxter

Dark-Daxter Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Just one minute! In the Jedi Knight Code, it says: You shall not fall in love!!! Ok, now you'll tell me that Anakin did but he felt for the Dark Side. It does not count but Luke was not attracted to the Dark Side! Someone please explain before I go crazy! May the Force be with you.

7. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually Luke crushed on Mara in "The Last Command" as he gives his old lightsaber to Mara at the end of the book, their hands touch and he feels it for the first time.

Just one minute! In the Jedi Knight Code, it says: You shall not fall in love!!! Ok, now you'll tell me that Anakin did but he felt for the Dark Side. It does not count but Luke was not attracted to the Dark Side! Someone please explain before I go crazy! May the Force be with you.

First of all, there is no Actual Jedi Knight Code that state officially that one cannot fall in love.

In fact, there has been many jedi who fell in love troughout the Star Wars Timeline, each ending in different way most of the time.

Andur Sunrider married Nomi Sunrider they had a daughter which in turn became a very good Jedi herself.

The fall of Anakin to the Dark Side is related to his love for Padme in term of Fear, fear of loosing her. (has explained rather quickly in the movie).

Love is a very strong emotion. and no matter who you are, you will at one point or another feel Jealousy in a love relationship.
    Jealousy is a very close emotion to anger.. and has we all know, Anger leads to Hate and Hate in turns leads to Suffering which finally leads to the Dark Side.

Luke's relation with Mara is much less troubled and "taboo" then the one of Padme and Anakin. Hence their trust in each other and no path to the Dark Side.

The Jedi Council does not want Jedi falling in love for they know a Jedi's judgment will be clouded by his heart lead emotions.. Which is then dangerous for this Jedi himself, and the rest of the Jedi Order.

I hope this answered your question.. if not feel free to let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.