main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Mara Jade Skywalker Fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Liz, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Conflict not being resolved peacefully is the Star Wars way hehehe :) Problems in a galaxy far far away don't get resolved by talking, they get resolved by high octane blaster shootouts or intense lightsaber dules that look more like well choreographed dance routines :) Maybe I should be more critical but that would require my inner 13 year old tomboy to be quiet hehehe :)

Now excuse me as I must get back to badly humming Dule of the Fates :)

Lara Solo likes this.
  2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    While I hope Mara Jade returns to canon eventually, I will address an idea brought up a few posts back.

No to Mara in Rebels. IMO, they would butcher her character on that show. Not a fan of it, if you can't tell. Not to say it doesn't have good moments, but...no. Bring her back in a NuCanon novel or comic, please.

Nehru_Amidala and Lara Solo like this.
  3. Lara Solo

Lara Solo Jedi Knight

Nov 8, 2016
    Got to agree I'd hate to see her on rebels, if they were to do that might as well make her a princess and stick her at Disneyland :(

Darth Aphrodite likes this.
  4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    There was nothing good about Mara's death. NOTHING!

Also, Jacen Solo didn't kill her. Jacen-In-Name-Only killed her.

5. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    Jacen used a cheap trick to win anyhow, cowardly way to win and a poor death for my fav EU/Legends character :(

6. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Well, my sig is a pretty good rebuttal to that. ;)

7. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    Well both are matters of view :) personally I'm more a fan of the proverbe "better to die with honor than to live in shame"

But to each his own :)

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I prefer, "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat," by Jesse 'the Body' Ventura. :p

I also prefer everything past the YJK series to be a bad dream brought on by bad Ithorian takeout.[/dead_serious]

Tarsier likes this.
  9. Lara Solo

Lara Solo Jedi Knight

Nov 8, 2016
    Just like C-3PO and his distaste for Jawas I can't abide cheaters it's why I gave up on most online games ahahaaa!

Darth Aphrodite likes this.
  10. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I have missed Mara Jade-Skywalker for a very long time. I hated that she was killed off in such an undignified way.

Amon_Amarth and Darth Aphrodite like this.
  11. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    I personally liked Mara more before she married Luke but that's just my personal prefferance as I liked the more hard edge that she had before softened up to the farmboy.

BalanceOfTheForce and Tarsier like this.
  12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Personally, I enjoyed Mara before and after her relationship with Luke. Both Eras of Jade brought something new to the table in terms of characterization and personality in good ways.

Just…not when it got to the whole Jacen thing. [face_sick]

13. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    She attempted to kill Jacen in very clear terms. He killed her in self defense. Period.

14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Darth Invictus That's not the point. What Mara fans are angry with was how he killed her, self defense or not. If you want to, you can view it as more of a disgruntlement toward the authors rather than the character. Plus, he would have tried to kill her down the line himself anyway, so its not like self defense is a strong 'moral argument' for Caedus either.

Demanding something is one way "Period." is only going to get you a lot of flak from other people, careful how you word things. Just some advice. :)

15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yes one can blame the writers for Mara's behavior and what not that's perfectly fine. Jacen certainly was heading down a bad road, and more than likely would have come to blows with his family at some point. However...she went into the night leaving only a note to her husband and some very disturbing evidence gained from eavesdropping with the intent to kill. She wasn't interested in capturing or redeeming him. Or even telling her husband the grave necessity of her actions, she reverted to who she was before she met Luke an amoral even dark assassin.

I seem to recall in FOTJ it's stated she didn't die in the light. Why? Because she consciously sought out to kill.

From a legal POV it would be an open and shut self-defense case. Jacen's actions wouldn't have been admissible in a court of law.

Mara was a wonderful and iconic EU character, and one quite honestly I wouldn't want Disneyfied.

But she wasn't an angel and didn't die an angel.

You can blame Karen Traviss for that.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    On all those accounts, I agree absolutely. You are quite right...but we can still blame Traviss as you said...and be mad at Caedus/Jacen nevertheless if we happen to prefer Mara. Which some people do. lol

17. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    I thought this was a Mara fan club not a justify Jacen killing her club (the whole plot of which was poorly written)

I just happen to like Mara pre being Mrs Skywalker as she became a tad too defined by Luke and lost some of that fire that made me love her but hey each to their own, I'm just more a fan of the darkside then the light hehehehe

Dagobahsystem and Darth_Elu like this.
  18. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    You just gave me a great idea for a meme with Mara Jade and Disney. Don't worry, I'll keep her famous sarcasm. Soon to come.

Tarsier and Darth_Elu like this.
  19. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    I shudder at the thought of Disneyfied Mara...ugh..ugh...ugh...ugh...UGH!!!!!

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  20. madman007

Aug 22, 2007
  21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    No I need some brain bleach.

22. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    just perfect, now I must sit down before I projectile vomit at the sheer Disneyness

madman007 likes this.
  23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *is probably the only one laughing his head off* :p

I think Mara would kill all three of them and view it as a mercy at that point.

madman007 likes this.
  24. madman007

Aug 22, 2007

Hmmm, I erased out Mara's lightsaber. You may be convincing me to put it back in. :redsaber:

Darth_Elu likes this.
  25. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    I allways picture Mara with lightsaber in one hand and a blaster in the other hehehe