main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Mara the Burninator (L/M vignette; humor - yet another in the Temperature series - Cover Art added)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks for clicking! :D

Yep, it's up at last. :p However, let me take this opportunity to say it's Nov. 2 and as such, TAKE AWAY THE HALLOWEEN BANNER ALREADY!!! :mad: :_| I want the old one back. :p I wanted to have it back for when I posted this. 8-}

Also, the preview button isn't working AT ALL, WHATSOEVER, :mad: :mad: :mad: so tell me if you find any mistakes that I'll no doubt miss.

Title: Mara the Burninator (thanks and blame go to LianaMara, who offered it as a joke which my imagination did not take as a joke.)
    Summary: Um . . . oh forget it. :p
    A/N (this is actually important :p ): This is set after Kindling the Flame, so currently it is chronologically the last in the series. See chronological listing for details. HUGE thanks to Jedi-2B for beta'ing. :D
    Chronological Listing and Links of the Series: I am putting this here due to the fact that readers have posted on different stories with ?what?s this about a sequel??. :p Here are all the stories (including this one) in chronological order (not the order they were written): Cold Front, Breaking the Ice, The Blanket Incident, It Was Cold, If You Can?t Stand the Heat, Warming Up, It Got Too Hot, Kindling the Flame, Mara the Burninator, It?s Not the Heat, It?s the Humidity, and Heat Wave.

Cover Art

*huggies* to all my fantastic readers! :D And I'll be needing a new title after this one, I think. 8-}

~*~*~*~

?Hey,? Luke said, ducking into Leia and Han?s apartment, ?you?re the one who first mentioned having children.?

Any reply I could have given would have been lost in Luke?s hurry to get out of reach from my wrath, so I restrained myself with an effort and followed him inside. Luke had, for some Force-forsaken reason, decided to visit Leia and Han. Well, more accurately, visit them and the kids. He told me the kids had been asking to see Luke and his wife (which would be me, of course), and naturally he said we would without asking me first. Luke and I had been married for about a year, but I had resisted having anything to do with Leia?s children. The fact that when Luke and I visited, they were always gone for some reason ? luck or the Force ? also had something to do with it.

I came in right behind Skywalker. The apartment looked about the same as the last time I was there, a few months before ? smooth elegant architectural lines, not many spots that could hide potential attackers, and plush but mutely colored furniture. Leia and Han were not in sight.

?Where are they?? I asked Luke, stepping so I was standing beside him.

Luke looked at me expectantly.

?Oh, right,? I said, rolling my eyes and stretching out with the Force. Luke never failed to take an opportunity to teach. He had been tra

2. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Ahh that's the last one? :( It was funny, there need to be more humorous fics on these boards. Like this one.

3. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Dev_Binks: Oh, I doubt it's the last. ;) I just need another title. ;) And thank you. :D

4. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Aww, this is awesome! I'm cracking up!

It took a lot of guts for Anakin to stand there and ask Mara if she was scary after all the stories he'd been told! He's so the best Solo kid!

I noted absently he seemed good with kids.

*nods* I bet he would be.

I was holding a little sentient being. A boy. I have no experience with children, myself included, I thought.

:( Poor Mara.

What a great way for her (and Anakin) to get revenge on the twins, though. Anakin got her to let her inner child take a walk. ;)

Great stuff, Oba!

I'll have to think about more titles.

5. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    [face_laugh] That was great!!!!! :D Mara the Burninator! [face_laugh] Little kids are great!

J&J

6. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Bwah ahahahaha!!! [face_laugh] I'm so glad I decided to take a break from lab report writing to witness this! :D My day has improved infinitely thanks to you, Oba! :) Now, if you could only send Mara the Burninator after my lazy lab partners so they'd do some of the writing for once and give me a break. [face_plain] :p

Jae Angel

7. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Ah ha! There it is! :D

?May I,? Luke corrected calmly. ?And yes, what is it??

It's small, but I really like this part. It just seems so like Luke. :)

Luke had been trying to get me to go on family gatherings before the two of us even were involved, and I wondered briefly if he was courting me even then . . .

Aw! [face_love] I like Luke/Mara almost mush. :D

Though I wondered where Jaina and Jacen got the bright idea that I was scary. They weren?t born when I was really scary, after all . . .

*giggles* I wonder too, come to think of it.

Anakin thought seriously, getting a look on his face very similar to one that Luke got quite often. I had a sudden absurd image of Vader getting the same look on his face, and had to repress it.

LOL! Seriously. I just got the same image. :p

Anakin giggled. ?We got them good!? he said, and slipped off the couch, coming over to me.

?So we did,? I said wisely, and held out my hand. Anakin solemnly shook it.

*nods sagely* They did indeed. ;) *bounces happily* Lovely job, oba! :D Now I just have to try to think of titles... *ponders*

8. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Dancing_Jansons: Good! You're supposed to be cracking up! :D :p And aye, Anakin has guts. He's a tough little guy. ;) It was a good experience for both of them, I agree - Mara gets to have fun, and Anakin gets his revenge. ;) And thank you! :D

Jaina_and_Jag: Thank you! :D I actually don't have much experience with little kids myself, so I sympathize more with Mara . . . :p

NarundiJedi: *thwacks lab report* Oh well. :p You still read and replied to this. ;) You're very welcome, and thanks for reading. ;)

Gabri_Jade: Day late, but it came. ;) Yes, Luke the fuddy-duddy goodie-two-shoes. :D And honey, I hate to break this to you *pats*, but you like L/M, period. [face_mischief] Jaina and Jacen got that idea from the 'public opinion', and their own wicked imaginations. :p

Thank you! :D

9. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    And honey, I hate to break this to you *pats*, but you like L/M, period.

*giggles* You think? :p

10. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    This was yet another great ficlet. :)

~~Jilly

11. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Gabri: Well . . . [face_mischief]

JainaDurron: Thank you. :D

12. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    :D classic.

-JSD

13. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    heehee! this is great! Mara the Burninator indeed. Mara was so cute with Anakin too.

;) Paige

14. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    Burninating the country side! Burninating all the peoples! Trogdor!

Cool.

15. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Snicker!

That was too funny! Playing with kids is one of the great parts of being an Uncle! :D (Or an Aunt...)

16. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Ah, I've been waiting for this. Loved the little changes and additions you put in, like Mara wondering if Luke wasn't courting her even before they were together.

I'm terrible with titles, but will see if I can think of anything.

17. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Jaina_Solo_Durron: Thanks. :D

Ariapaige: Thank you! :D I never really thought I'd write a fic with Mara and Anakin, so this was interesting. :p And Mara the Burninator . . . such a title, I swear. ;)

Master_Jacen: Thank you. :)

Rivad_Bacar: I'll take your word for it. ;) And thank you! :D

Jedi-2B: Wondering when I'd get around to posting, eh? :p Thank you, I'm really glad you like the additions, as I always must repress my urge to have my editing beta'ed. 8-} And thank you. :D Good luck with the titles! For your own sake . . . no, that wasn't a threat, just a comment 8-} .

*sillyness* 8-}

18. SoL-of-Winter

SoL-of-Winter Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 23, 2003
    TROGDOR! :D

<snickers>

I cracked up so horribly...... :p

Nice one!

19. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Very cute, oba!

20. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Wonderful viggie, oba! Amazingly, you made the title work. Double kudos for that! :D And I loved how you had Mara interact with Anakin. Maybe hopefully that encounter will spur her and Luke on to make little Skywalkers. Or maybe not. :p

?I burn people, according to the twins and their tales to young Anakin here. Seemed appropriate.?

[face_laugh] Go Mara! Great job, dear Mummy. ;) I'll try to think up more titles for you, because I love these stories. :D

21. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Burninating the countryside! Burninating the Solo twins!!

MARA!!!!

Mara was a woman...no...she was a burning woman...wait...she was just a burninator...but she was always MARA!!!

:p

22. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Whoopeee! Another one! I love these little viggies of yours SO much.

I liked how you portrayed Mara's nervousness, but once she relaxed, that little bit of mothering came kinda naturally, didn't it? I like to think it's Luke's influence on her. ;)

I also liked Luke encouraging her, without words yet, to use the Force to find the Solo family...nice touch.

And the prank they pulled was so cute! Although that might have gone over well with Anakin, I'll bet it doesn't win over Jacen and Jaina anytime soon, though!

And what would Leia and Han's reactions be? I don't know about Leia, but I bet Han would get a kick out of it. Sometimes I think the only reason my ex-husband agreed to have a child was so he could scare the spit out of him. Oh, and teach him goofy tricks like how to say Joey's "how you doin'?" line from "Friends" when he's only three years old!

23. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    [face_laugh] Great one obaona. I [face_love] that one. *wipes tears from eyes* Poor Jaina and Jacen didn't have a chance with Mara and Anakin working together. :p

24. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Rivad bounds in...

Howdey all! I've been racking my brain for titles since I want to see the wonderful L/M mush that Oba writes continues! :D So... without further ado!

At least it's a dry heat!

Rivad listens to stuned silence...

Well, I grew up in Nevada where we don't have any water! It IS dry heat there! Keep the titles coming! :D

Rivad bows and bounds out...

25. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    *grins* Well, Arizonan that I am, I like that title. I can see some potential there. And seeing how I haven't come up with any titles yet... [face_blush] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.