main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Mara the Burninator (L/M vignette; humor - yet another in the Temperature series - Cover Art added)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Oh, that was great, obana! Heehee- loved the revenge!! [face_laugh]

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    SoL-of-Winter: Aye. ;) Thank you! :D

Emmi: Thank you. :)

LianaMara: I'm not quite sure how I managed it, but yes, I did make the title work. :p :D And yes, maybe it will spur the two of them on to have little Skywalkers. ;) And thank you. ;) *likes being called Master Mummy, and wonders if that's disturbing* :p :D Yes yes, think up titles you will!

Burkie: Aye, Mara is always Mara. Beyond that, what's your point? :p

kayladie97: Aye, another one! :D And thank you. [face_blush] Yep, once she relaxed, I think she found it a bit easier to deal with Anakin - once she didn't overanalyze and trusted her instincts. 8-} Luke encouraging her to use the Force ties in with 'Kindling the Flame', or at least it's meant to. :)

True, true. 8-} What are Jaina and Jacen going to think of their aunt after this? Anakin'll love her, but we knew that. I think Leia would be indignant but amused, and Han, I agree, would definitely get a kick out of it! :D

J_M_Bulldog: Of course they didn't. ;) And thank you! :D

Rivad_Bacar: Oh my. 8-} At Least It's a Dry Heat? Isn't that a tad long?? I grew up in a desert, so I know what you mean, but still . . . [face_mischief]

Gabri: Oh yes! :eek: That's right! :eek: BAD GIRL!

Lt_Jaina_Solo: Revenge doesn't always lead to the Dark Side . . . sometimes it leads to humor. ;) And thank you! :D

Random Note: I had a dream last night about this series - for some reason, we (me, and you, the readers) had to work with Imperials on something, and I distinctly remember Gabri_Jade taking great amusement and joy in needling her Imperial partner, Dancing_Jansons dancing dreamily with hers, and Rivad_Bacar in the background, with a small pretty woman that was his wife (I don't actually know what she looks like 8-} ). And vaguer images of the rest of you who regularly post.

Ain't that weird? [face_mischief] I'm kinda coming down with something, though, and I always have weird dreams when I'm sick. 8-}

3. JainaPadmeJade

JainaPadmeJade Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 20, 2002
    Hey!!

I just wanted to tell u I love this whole series!! Mara and Luke r the best!! This has to be my fave so far...Mara and lil Ani r just great together...i loved the aunt/nephew interaction. I just thought i share my opinions and stop jus treading the stories!! :p

Love and Lightsabers~JPJ

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    ROTFLOL, oba!!! You have my personality down pat, anyway. :p Darn it, why can't I ever have dreams like that? :p

5. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Well, dearest, to get the rest, I would suggest that you would have to watch a certain Strong Bad email, to fully understand where "the Burninator" comes from...

:p

6. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    You asked for titles -- be careful what you ask for! :p

Thawing Out

Heat Rises

Frosty the Jedi

(You don't want to know the ones I've -- at least temporarily -- rejected.)

7. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    I had a dream last night about this series - for some reason, we (me, and you, the readers) had to work with Imperials on something, and I distinctly remember Gabri_Jade taking great amusement and joy in needling her Imperial partner, Dancing_Jansons dancing dreamily with hers, and Rivad_Bacar in the background, with a small pretty woman that was his wife (I don't actually know what she looks like :p ). And vaguer images of the rest of you who regularly post.

[face_laugh] Oh, that is too priceless Oba! Yes, Gabri would be needling hers! And thanks for including my wife! :D Yes, she's VERY pretty, and she is petite... but she's 5'11" so I don't know about small! :p

If I don't have a Star Wars dream at least once every two weeks, I KNOW something is wrong with me! :D

8. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    I had a dream last night about this series - for some reason, we (me, and you, the readers) had to work with Imperials on something, and I distinctly remember Gabri_Jade taking great amusement and joy in needling her Imperial partner, Dancing_Jansons dancing dreamily with hers, and Rivad_Bacar in the background, with a small pretty woman that was his wife (I don't actually know what she looks like ). And vaguer images of the rest of you who regularly post.

:eek:

Ok, that puts a whole new light on your inspiration for Mara stories...

:p This was really cute and funny. I personally like the other viggies in the Temperature series better, the ones centred around Luke and Mara's relationship, but this was also well done.

HE WAS BURNINATIN' ALL THE PEOPLE, BURNINATIN' ALL THE THATCH-ROOFED COTTAGES!!!!!!!!

THATCHED-ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!!!

*ahem* Sorry. :p

9. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *howls*

Oba, that was hilarious!

Mara strikes again!!!

~Rogue

10. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    TROGDOR COMES IN THE NAAAAAAIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    hehehehehehe

Thats funny.

Thats reallt funny.

Almost as good as the one I did were Janson replaced the shampoo in the Wraiths male and female showers with orange dye, hehehehe

12. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Hey,

I have an idea for a title!

How about: If You Can't Stand the Heat...

Okay, sorry, that stinks. Oh well, I tried.

13. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    JainaPadmeJade: Thank you! :D I'm glad you're enjoying, and that you like this one best despite the fact it has little L/M interaction. :p I'm also glad you decided to share your opinion! ;)

Gabri_Jade: I have them rarely enough. :p I still haven't had a dream with either Luke or Obi-Wan as a my . . . slave . . . [face_mischief]

Burkie: :p

Jedi-2B: I'm sure they're interesting titles, but even whacky titles can make good stories. ;) *points at thread title* :p And those are good, don't be silly. :p Well, the last is a bit odd. ;)

Rivad_Bacar: And for some reason, even though you weren't an Imperial, I had this impression of you being military-ish. And in my dream, your wife barely came up to your shoulder, so I guess that proves I'm not psychic. 8-}

Bellyup: It does? :eek: 8-} And thank you! :D Aye, this is a bit different from the others, but I usually focus on one character anyway, even if I have had L/M interacting with each always before. This time, I did focus on Mara, I just didn't have her interact with Luke, really. And apology accepted. 8-}

rogue11lovesjag: Thank you! :D Mara strikes again, eh?

alpha_red: If you say so. ;)

_3MD_PsychoSniper: Thank you. :)

kayladie97: It does not suck! What is it with my readers and their self-esteem?? 8-} Thank you! :D

14. Rivad_Bacar

Nov 7, 2002
    And for some reason, even though you weren't an Imperial, I had this impression of you being military-ish. I should hope so! I AM an X-Wing pilot! :cool:

15. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    What is it with my readers and their self-esteem??

I dunno, but I certainly got no problem.

:p

16. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    How could i not have seen this sooner?! :eek:

Must have missed it in all of my babbling 8-}

Now wasnt that a cheeky little prank for her to play on her niece and nephew. And from a grown woman too. Guess most of us really are young at heart. 8-}

I love how all of these show faults and insights into Mara's character. Her apprehension over children, her relationship with Luke, how children of their own would affect that relationship, how she knows her way around a kitchen...

Its all so fun and quirky. 8-}

And how much do i love Trogdor?! :D [face_mischief] 8-}

::Windstar Out::

17. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Rivad_Bacar: If you say so, dear. ;) I think your username just makes me think of you that way. :p

Burkie: Aye. :p :p :p

Bri: Aye, it was the babbling you do! 8-} And yep, even Mara has an inner child, it would seem. ;) And thank you - I love going into different aspects of Mara (as I seem to be doing - I must make Luke angst, sometime!). And I love fun and quirky. ;)

I don't know how much you love Trogdor, dear. [face_mischief]

But thank you! :D

18. Rivad_Bacar

Nov 7, 2002
    If you say so, dear.

What can I say, I like to play the LucasArts X-wing games! :D

19. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, I see! :p I was wondering where that came from *giggles*. :p Games, eh? ;) Did you beat it/them? :p

20. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    [face_laugh]That was great! [face_laugh]

-Vicster

21. Rivad_Bacar

Nov 7, 2002
    Let me phrase it this way: The head of Imperial Fleet construction is VERY mad at me for all the work they need to do to replace the ships I've blown up! [face_devil] Ah well, back to reality now... :p

22. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Master_Vicky: Thanks! :D

Rivad_Bacar: Yes, yes, back to reality. ;)

*goes off muttering 'poor fellow'* :p [face_mischief]

23. Rivad_Bacar

Nov 7, 2002
    AUGH!!! REALITY! SAVE ME, SAVE ME!!!

This is a blatent plea for more L/M mush! :p

24. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Be patient!! :p

In the meantime, take a look-see at this: Cover Art!

25. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Cover art! :eek: :D

*claps hands delightedly* It's beautiful, oba! Simply wonderful! :D *is envious of oba's many talents* :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.