main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Marathon Tickets (Galactic Passport)

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by TheDarthVader, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parm

Parm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2005
    I can confirm that my girlfriend spoke to the manage who said that they will be offering a few tickets this afternoon, but not over the phone, thus, she couldn't book them.

If anybody can collect 2 for me, I would be eternally grateful.

2. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    Yeah, I was just there and asked about tickets. The woman at the box office looked at me as if I was mad as I was standing right next to a sign saying it was sold out.

So if there are more tickets available, the staff have not yet been informed. I'll go down there again in a while and try again.

3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Just called myself and told it was wrong. Has anyone had any luck?

4. Parm

Mar 23, 2005
    Thanks Jazz!

I do believe the staff might not yet be aware.
    My girlfriend spoke to four people before the manager, and only the manager knew anything about it.

I spoke to a guy myself who said he knew nothing about it, but then went on to ask how I found out about it...so he did have a general idea!

5. Konmeister

Konmeister Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    I went as well.
    No-one there had any idea-they even phoned the manager and asked.
    I'm gonna hang around the square for a bit-if anyone hears anything...

Oh yeah. good luck everyone for the UCI draw today.

6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I think the guy I spoke to had already had a few calls, just said "I don't know where everyone's getting this from, it's completely false"

Then Parm gave me this:

"Where did you hear this?
    From a Star Wars fan base online
    Hmm well... yes a large group boxing was cancelled.
    Will the tickets be avalible for collection in person only?
    The tickets will be released this afternoon from the box office only. I have no idea how you got this off the internet thing.

that is roughly what was said between my girlfriend and the manager"

Obviously the group booking thing is BS and just trying to save face. My best guess would be either a few they managed to pull from ebay (as there were reports of auctions being pulled before they ended) or more likely some tickets there were ear marked for promotional use and didn't get used.

I was told they were already on sale, but looks like that was wrong. Seems there are a few crossed wires at UCI!

7. Konmeister

Apr 21, 2005
    so basically at some point this afternoon we think they will have about 40 tickets, but the staff there are telling everyone to go away. I suppose if you're lucky you'll get there when someone knows about it. I'm gonna go back in about 20mins or so.

Nope changed my mind. I am going to go stand inside the cinema.

8. Astrantia

Astrantia Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Believe me. I called. I got through to 3 different people and in the end I spoke to THE manager. The conversation went like this:

Me: Hello I've heard you've put on sale on extra Star Wars Marathon tickets?
    Him: Hmm err...
    Me: Is that correct, sir?
    Him: Where did you hear this?
    Me: From a Star Wars fan base online.
    Him: Hmm well... yes a large group booking was cancelled.
    Me: Will the tickets be available for collection in person from the box office only?
    Him: The tickets will be released this afternoon from the box office only. I have no idea how you got this off the internet thing.
    Me: Ok, thank you very much.

*end call*

9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    If you go, try asking to see the manager in person. Maybe that can clear things up a bit.

10. Astrantia

Astrantia Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Yes, if anyone goes there tell them about my conversation and ask to speak to the manager.

I think it would be a good idea to emphasize the point that you're/we're die hard fans and you found out through a fan base, so they don't think you're touting.

11. bbc

bbc Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2005
    HI I work for BBC World Service Radio and I am looking for one or two people who will be attending the marathon film screening on monday. We want to interview people on monday morning before the marathon starts. Pls email me alicia.trujillo@bbc.co.uk

12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Email sent! :)

This is gonna be a fun day!

13. Astrantia

Astrantia Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Fun... heh, when Parm and I have tickets I'll make that statement and not sarcastically either. Ha-ha :)

14. Konmeister

Apr 21, 2005
    They are selling them!
    After bullying the guy at the desk the manager grudgingly admitted it!
    Anyone in the area I suggest run to the cinema now-they are officially back on sale!

15. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    First success!!

Glad this is working now!

Edit - Jazzatola just had another success! James is a credit to this board the amount he has done for the fans with this event!

16. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    I've just picked up some more tickets too. Watch your PMs.....

17. Parm

Mar 23, 2005
    *refreshing private message page every 2.4 seconds*

Apologies if the forum crashes, I may be accused of hammering the server. :S

18. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    :D it's great to see more fans getting the tickets for what they should cost. i can only imagine how i would have felt not getting tickets this must feel great

19. Astrantia

Astrantia Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Called again!

Me: Hello, I'd like to book tickets for the Star Wars Saga.
    Them: Sorry it's sold out *some one talking to him in background*
    Me: Yes you are, I know some one that just bought 4.
    Them: Yes, ok. But you'll have to come to the box office to buy them.
    Me: Ok, thank you.

Pleaseeeee guys, anyone in the area me and Parm are begging you. There is no way I can get there right now.

20. UKDC

UKDC Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2002
    I also still need one, just the one, that's all I need!

21. Parm

Mar 23, 2005
    My Thank You's!

ChrisLyne - Thanks for all your efforts in trying to get all the fans tickets. I know you won't be satisfied until every last fan has a ticket! Thanks so much, you've done a great job and I will be forever grateful!!!

Jazzatola - YOU ARE THE MAN!...who finally ended my everlasting search. Watch out for us on Sunday, we'll be hugging and kissing you till you beg for mercy lol!

RajVader - Thanks for keeping an eye out for tickets for me buddy! Haven't spoken to you yet, but I'll be giving you the GREEEEEEAT news on MSN later! :)

Thanks everyone! Gah, I'm so happy right now! :)

22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Praise to all generous fans who managed to get tickets for those who were unable to aquire any

=D=

23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Those who haven't been able to go yet because of work/school/whatever:

Jazzatola has told me that there was very little demand (finally this was done right!). Only he and Konmeister were there and the sold out signs remained in place. So if you can't go till later you may still have some luck.

Remember if the staff deny it stand firm and request to speak with the manager.

Btw if anyone wants to join me and my girlfriend on that BBC interview they need another person or two! It'll be about 6:20am outside Haagen Daz! Plus a crowd of fans to show solidarity and support is always good! ;)

24. Astrantia

Astrantia Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    I'll second everything Parm just said! Thank you so much everyone. The drinks are on us ;-) As long as they are cokes... LMAO.... Just kidding ;-)

25. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks Parm! I'm gonna keep trying! Just wish I was in London and could actually do something rather than just stare at a monitor waiting for good news!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.