main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena March Madness 2013 Live Chat

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Mar 21, 2013.

1. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    HIS LEG IS OUT OF HIS LEG, MAN.

Eeth-my-Koth likes this.
  2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Even watching that YouTube clip on my phone looked horrible. I don't know if I have the courage to watch it on my computer screen.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    CBS would not show it after the one immediate replay when only Clark Kellogg seemed to realize how bad things were, Nantz was focused on the players on the court who collapsed.

I hope ESPN follows suit.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    When I first turned on to ESPN they were focused on the fact that LeBron was out due to a hammy. Hopefully it stays that way.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Must be Louisville's night. Their women's team just knocked off Baylor in the Women's Tourney.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That's shocking. I admittedly don't follow the women's game too much, but from what I've seen, Griner had been outplaying entire teams by herself.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Anybody can have a bad night I guess, and all it takes is one in both the men's and women's NCAA tourney.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My parents and I had the game on but we were talking and didn't see it happen; the first we knew about it was when we saw players from both teams crying. Even Coach K looked upset.

I was pulling for Louisville anyway but definitely glad they held a 20-point lead, and hopefully Kevin will be alright.

9. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    it looked like a completely clean break from what i saw, which if that is the case is the best kind of break he could have suffered and the easiest to recover from.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Everyone probably saw the postgame interview- but if not, Pitino said that, from his information, the injury was comparable to Michael Bush's, and he'd likely be gone for at least a year.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The article I just read said that one of the bones was six inches out of his leg. There's a video on HuffPo but I'm not watching it.

12. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    Compound fractures suck though...When I was 11 I fell on my hand and my middle finger and ring finger went back into my palm, the bones thrusting out from the top. I still have issues during the winter and that was a decade and a half ago.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh damn. didn't realize it was a compound fracture. that really sucks.

14. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Ware's injury is comparable to what happened to DeAndre Brown in the 2008 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl. Non-contact injury, leg just sheared in half... I think Brown's was a stress-fracture from childhood that chose to finish the job at that moment. Maybe same situation here.

Oh... no... :mad:

That means that horrible school from Indiana has a free ride to the national title...

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    To those who have seen it, is it worse than Joe Theismen or Sid Vicious' broken legs?

16. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    It is comparable to Joe's.

17. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Several years ago I remember watching an MLB game where the batter hit a foul ball off his shinbone and it snapped in half as well. Anyone remember who that might have been?

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I remember that, but the name escapes me at the moment.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    God that's horrible. I will never play basketball again.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    that was something of an extreme outlier injury. i doubt most people would have the circumstances to cause that kind of injury to happen. i wouldn't be that concerned about it happening to you honestly, unless you think you have stress fractures that nothing's been done about.

Juliet316

very comparable to joe's injury. only without LT landing on it to cause it.

21. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    It looked like a typical defensive effort by a player attempting to stop an opposing perimeter player's shot. I don't know how anyone can predict the injury or prevent such a thing from happening.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Regardless, I wish that poor fellow a speedy and painless recovery.

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i think we can all agree on that one.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    My local sportscaster said it looked worse than Theisman's injury (and no, they didn't show the injury), and that Ware's already had surgery.

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'd disagree on it looking worse. joe's was pretty bad. you just couldn't necessarily see it as clearly with the pads and everything.