main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

March Meeting Plans

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, I have a couple of ideas for our March Meeting.

1st Idea - There is this great restaurant in Castle Rock; Pegasus on Plum Creek. We could make reservations there and have enough space for our growing group. Plus, it's at a half way mark between the CSpringers & the North Denverites.

2nd Idea - We could do something near C-470 & I-25. There's tons of restaurants, including Sweet Tomatoes & Hometown Buffet (cheap & have lots of room & Hometown will cordon off a section for us if we make arrangements first). Plus, we'd be close to a clooector's store we could drool over & a Toys 'R Us we could shop at.

Next dilema, when. I only have two weekends open in March; 16-17 & 23-24. Also Sat. I'm booked until 3PM, that pesky education again.

The forum is now open, so let's discuss!

-Jennifer

2. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I'm totally cool with the hometown buffet/toy shopping. I'm very familiar with the area. Plus it will be quiet there and it's all you can eat lol. Whenever is fine with me. Now back to my breakfast burritos... lol

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I will have to ask my parents for a ride again. Yet again, they will say no. I know my parents well enough. If anyone can give me a ride, that would help out a lot. All I ask is if you come on by and meet my parents. But yet again, I don't know if they will say yes.

-Bravo

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I would be happy to swing by to pick you up. I might be a good candidate for the meeting the parents thing, too, for several reasons. #1 - I work @ a youth shelter in my free time, #2 - I'm studying to be a HS History teacher, #3 - I'm a fairly mild person, who just happens to love SW, and still manage to have a real life. You can't get much more boring than a Lease Administrator/History Student/Youth Volunteer. Parents love me, I know this from years of coaching girl's softball in the S. Suburban Rec leagues.

Good luck with the asking,

-Jennifer

BTW - Shouldn't you be in school today, hummmm? (Sorry, it's the teacher in me)

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I am in school today. We have blocks, an on Momdays, out of 8 peroids, I only have four peroids of classes, leaving another 4 peroids free.

It would be great if you could come and swing by! My parents usally get home around 5:00 PM. On Tuesdays, my mother is off of work. If you really want to come swing by, just call me and leave a message with the answering machine. My phone number is:

(303)794-6670

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Sounds good. I'm probably going to bring my oldest nephew with me to the next meeting. He wanted to come this time, but 12 year olds and power tools do not always go hand in hand. It wouldn't be until next week, this one is pretty well booked up. How about next Tues, March 5th, at 7PM (or whenever you guys are done w/ dinner)? If you or them have any questions, just give me a call, (720)244-1925.

-Jennifer

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So, this meeting is on March 5th, next week? Is it on the weekend? I can probally get Sunday off of work, if it is on Sunday.

7:00 PM might not be good for me. How about 4:00 PM or 3:00 PM? My parents are very strict about bed time and the time I get home on school nights.

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I was referring to meeting your folks, not THE meeting. I thought Tuesday after dinner would be a neutral time to meet them and explain what it is we do at these "Meetings."

-Jennifer

9. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    wow, how old are you anyway?

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Opps. Sorry about that. Yeah, I'll ask my parents. I think a better time would be around 5:30 PM. But, when I get home, I will ask my parents. If they have any questions, can they call you?

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I am all for the buffet setting. It's worked before, and if we time it right, it'll have plenty of room for us, and we won't have to talk over huge groups of people. I should be back in town after the 15th, but that weekend would not work for me. 23/30 is probably better.

12. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    23rd-30th would be good for me, too, and that would keep a good schedule with what we just had.

13. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Bravo - That's cool too. And they can call me too.

Everyone else - How about we set it for the 23rd? I have people in town the weekend of the 30th. Do I hear a second on the 23rd?

-Jennifer

14. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    What day is that? I work nights, so for a trip that far, it'll have to be a Sunday afternoon, or something for me.

15. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    That would be a Sat. afternoon, but if Sunday works better for you, we can make it the 24th. We could meet at 4PM and that should allow us enough time to gab w/o getting in the way of curfews.

So, how about Sunday, March 24th, 4PM at the Hometown Buffet at C-470 & Quebec (Park Meadows Drive & Quebec - just west of I-25 on C-470)?

-Jennifer

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    A Sunday afternoon would work maybe for me. My parents are very strict about me calling in sick for work, but I think I can beg them to allow me to.

PtrsonsZOO, did you call my house yet? I am heading home right now.

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    March 24th at 1600(4PM)is good for me.

18. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    OK with me

19. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    If I go anywhere the weekend of the 23rd, my food is being paid for (b/c that's my b-day, and if I drive up to meet you weirdos again on my b-day, I want free food dangit!)

the 17th is bad for me because my parents are coming up that weekend. And I've also got no other plans for my birthday (half my friends are leaving town that weekend, blah).

Let me know.

20. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Hey, no problem, SD...I'm sure I can rustle up a rattler for ya....you like yours deep-fried, broiled or baked?

21. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    deep fried

22. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    LOL!@ I'm assumin' you want the scales left on, since yur a 'dragon' and all....?

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Good news and bad news.

Good News:

My father is willing to meet with PtrsonsZOO on March 5th.

Bad News:

My parents are still worried about my safty.

24. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Either day that weekend works for me. I don't know of anything coming up that would interfere.

25. SilverDragon

May 3, 2001
    of course...scales are good fer ya!

bravo: I'm more worried about your spelling than your safty... ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.