main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by G-FETT, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Technically that one came true, just many years later, both in our time and theirs. :p

11-4D and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    It's gonna be really weird if Anakin is absent. This is the last time we would likely see him in SW (unless a live action Clone Wars show comes), so for Anakin to be completely absent from a lot of events that are related to him is just strange.

3. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Ehh, Anakin's fulfilled his purpose by now. I'd love to see him here too, but if he's not a part of events here it still makes sense. Palpatine can live on post-Anakin, as Anakin's story is sort of bigger than just him.

4. WayoftheJedi

WayoftheJedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2019
    Anakin or Luke thread ?

5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    As others have said, all the photo proves is that they had Mark available, an an R2, and a few cans of petrol to set alight.

6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It's not like VF gave use much to discuss beyond what we already know from the teaser.

7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Since when did Force Ghosts still have cybernetic limbs and need gloves to cover them?[face_laugh]

Darth Stratocaster likes this.
  8. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    The imagery of Luke is kind of depressing for some reason. It's powerful but also pathetic and has the feel of possible backtracking, which is simultaneously desirable and unwanted.

11-4D likes this.
  9. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Luke coming back in the flesh would be a massive reveal. It's hard to believe that LFL would be cool with Vanity Fair confirming such a thing before the movie comes out. Also if Vanity Fair was confirming that Luke in alive they would've likely had a huge headline screaming, "Luke Lives!!!!"

ETA: @Django Fett Re: Luke's robot arm, I wonder about that too. If Luke came back from the dead why would he choose to come back with a robot arm?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  10. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    So no one's going to discuss the weirdness of Hamill not giving an interview? Because that seems a bit...odd.

Sithblade11 and Demsa Aztor like this.
  11. NOTJEDIMATERIAL

NOTJEDIMATERIAL Jedi Knight star 3

May 3, 2018
    He finds it easier to open shrink wrap with that hand....

12. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    I wonder what determines a force ghosts appearance. At the end of ROTJ we can't see if Anakin (young and old) has robotic limbs or not, both have hair though which suggests they are depicted without "scars". Luke being there WITH glove is not in line with that. At least we know they DID film Luke the way he was at the end of TLJ, maybe he's able to switch between the real and nether world for short periods of time.

13. Avilos

Avilos Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 9, 2002
    Not really. Everything he says about the new movies is criticized or over analyzed from every different type of people. His has a criticism even minor, he is attacked. He shows any support others are convinced he is forced to lie by Disney.

On top of that the high secrecy tied to these films and his character in particular. Look how much overthinking is going into Adam and Daisy’s vague comments.

They can not say much anyways. What is the point??

14. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    I wouldn't be surprised if they had Mark sign a shut up about it clause this time out. On the one hand, I love Mark for speaking the truth; on the other hand, it's very unprofessional.

I'm not sure how much I care about the latter truly, but you can imagine many of his co-workers dislike it.

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    When I look at this picture of Luke, I can't help but think of Vanity Fair's picture of Obi-Wan duelling Darth Maul on Tatooine that was featured in their TPM issue twenty years ago.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  16. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    At one point Lucas was going to have Obi-Wan fight Maul on Tatooine, so that's not a big shocker that Leibovitz was allowed to stage that fight. Lucas just changed things before the final edit.

Not at all. What he's wearing, how his hair is prepared, the glove, etc. all these details take time, money and a team of people to create and prep. Vanity Fair shoots these actors as they are on set/location when Annie arrives. It's planned out, yes. But I highly doubt Hamill will be made up with grayed hair, that particular Jedi robe, the glove etc. if he doesn't at all appear that way in the movie. What kind of sense does that make?

All the other actors look in these portraits the way they do in the teaser and/or leaked images...So why would Luke be different?

And if he looks just like this but is blue-glowing in the film, I'll be shocked. No way a force ghost needs a robotic hand/glove situation, and I don't think Luke's hair as a Force Ghost will be the same unkempt longer look that it was when he was a suicidal hermit. That makes little sense.

What we are seeing is Luke in a dream/vision sequence, or Luke fully ALIVE, either in flashback or present timeline IMO.

I think this shot of Luke indicates a lot. We just don't know what exactly yet.

17. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Not necessarily weird, but interesting. Could be that he's not the focus of the film and want Daisy, John, Adam and Oscar to do the heavily lifting in terms of press?

Also, he did an interview for the LA Times a little while ago and remember him specifically saying he hopes he can be part of the press when the movie comes out. (Im paraphrasing) which I think it is interesting.

18. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I think Mark wasn’t invited to SWCC because Luke’s role in RoS is a huge spoiler and Mark is notoriously talkative.

19. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Ditto. He is silent for a reason and it seems strategic. He made his presence known at SWCC by his personal assistant handing out autographed photos, mostly to kids. Now, he has decided not to work through Topps, but Anthony Daniels also made alternate arrangements.

Regarding the glove, it's a fake!!! It's photoshopped from a TLJ promotional picture.

20. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Where did you hear this? Only thing I know is that he said he was working and in New York.

21. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    The tone and wording of his tweets implied imo he hadnt been invited

22. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Well we all are aware of how brutally honest he was about Luke's portrayal in The Last Jedi in the months and weeks leading up to the film, plus afterward as well....It's not a leap to think Disney/LFL are keeping Hamill off the press rounds for this one because of things he said about TLJ.

The fact that Luke's appearance and how he plays into the plot of TROS would be a spoiler is kind of icing on that cautious cake. LFL is not playing around with spoilers or critical comment this time around.

I imagine Hamill will be allowed to give a few key print interviews that reveal nothing but maybe focus on his journey as an actor and how he feels about this being the close of the saga...much closer to the release date, but I doubt we see him at the press junkets and on late night TV talking about the movie before it is out. They'll let that focus be on Daisy, John and Oscar...as it should be honestly.

And about Luke's "photoshopped glove"...Come on people...Why go through all the trouble to photoshop that? If the hand is a spoiler, then JJ would have told Vanity Fair and Mark to pose in a way that his hand is not visible. Very easy for a Jedi Master in that robe.

Demsa Aztor likes this.
  23. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    The Luke photo felt reminiscent of a flashback to the temple to me. Is the perception currently that it’s not that same location for some reason?

24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    @The Regular Mustache it's bloody bizarre, the fact they went out of their way to dress Luke up with the glove doesn't make sense if he's not going to wear it in the film.[face_laugh]
    I don't know, i'd swear that was part of the cut down scene were they leave Tatooine. It's like it may have been filmed, location shooting was done first and rejigged back in the UK when they filmed the interiors and GL decided that Obi-Wan didn't leave the ship. Seeing as it never made it to the bluray deleted scenes would make it unlikely it got to far down the line before it was cut.

25. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    His hair/styling is very different. Also, he had no glove in the flashback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.