main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Marvel’s Avengers

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Punk , Aug 15, 2020.

1. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I felt the same a little while ago. Didn't play anthem, but a couple missions in and i started hearing my gaming buddies conversations about it in my head.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Early access begins tonight at midnight - I'm pretty excited to dig into the story and get some more gameplay with Thor and Cap.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Get your credit cards out too.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    hopefully not too often. will probably stick to mostly the free and default cosmetics - some of the paid cosmetics in the beta were cool, but not something i'd spend on.

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Among other things being charged for are takedown animations. Yes, really.

6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Yeah no, I'm not planning on spending money on the cosmetics. I'm sure I'll be content with whatever alternate costumes you get from progressing through the actual campaign.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    What I'm getting at is they have expanded the definition of cosmetics in a way I haven't seen before. Before you might have unlocked a cool takedown / finishing move in the game, now? It's paid for.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    mortal kombat does (and has done so for years) monetize fatalities, moves, etc.

it's not something i support, at all, but it's not a novelty.

solojones likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ah, figures it'd be a Warner Bros and one-on-one fighting game that had already done it.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    None of these things stop you completing the game or doing what it has to offer.

I've played the Beta. It's an OK game, the selling point is the 4 player co-op missions
    Not sure it's worth the price.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Destiny does it as well, and that's technically an indie game now :p

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    lunch break, got a few quick rounds of training in the danger room (or whatever they call it) with cap. his combat is glorious, flows just as well as iron man's.

few things need a bit of polish, and the load menus are long - but two patches have already come through, it looks like. it's also one of those games that makes my og ps4 sound like an airliner. :p

i had a lot of fun in my short time, though.

13. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    They did a launch war table today. At the beginning, they said they changed the content (it was supposed to reveal a new post-launch hero) due to Boseman's passing. Given that and the Black Panther emblem they showed off, I'm guessing they were going to reveal BP as a playable character. Completely understandable, and in my opinion the right thing to do.

I got the early access download as well, planning to wrap up work a bit early and start playing.

solojones and heels1785 like this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i missed it, but am going to try to go back and watch. it looks like the hawkeye content will be both barton and kate bishop, as their social media just put out a trailer for her.

that's a cool thing, especially if it's indicative of what they'll do with some future/existing characters like sam for cap, or jane for thor. maybe t'challa and shuri for bp.

15. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    On the same note, I'm fully expecting War Machine to complement Iron Man.

solojones and heels1785 like this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    yeah, i agree. some of tony's (free/unlockable) suits actually look like mcu war machine, from what i saw. probably an easy add.

17. TheChosenAlpha

TheChosenAlpha Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 15, 2020
    It's nice to see that they're trying to make Kate different from Clint, by giving her a teleport mechanic and Clint a katana, instead of just making her a skin for Hawkeye.
    It pretty much also confirms that Wasp, Winter Soldier, She Hulk and War Machine won't look different but play the same as their respective counterparts, which is nice, because when I first saw the list, I thought they were going down that route.

EDIT: Not so sure about that now. Was on reddit and saw the thumbnail for Kate's reveal video. Her quiver in the video is pretty short, so maybe that thing on her back might also be a katana?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    PymParticles and heels1785 like this.
  18. TheChosenAlpha

TheChosenAlpha Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 15, 2020
    Ran out of time to edit-
    Edit 2: Nvm it says that she has her own skills and gear.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    got a few hours in tonight, lots of the same story content that was in the beta. one thing is very clear, they did a lot of work on hulk in the last two weeks - his handling and movement is much better than it was before. much more enjoyable now.

kamala khan is wonderful. brilliant work, bringing her to life.

darthcaedus1138 and Jedi Ben like this.
  20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am just curious to know how long the campaign is. That will probably determine if and when I get it. I liked the Beta.

heels1785 likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    the number i've heard is 12 hours for the base campaign, 30+ for the campaign and the side missions. i'm only a few hours in, but the side missions are well-integrated.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I had read that number from their own Crystal Dynamics press release. They said to think along the lines of the same length as the Tomb Raider games, and those took me about 25-30 hours because I do all the side stuff.

I still might wait for it to go on sale sometime though.

darthcaedus1138 and heels1785 like this.
  23. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    This looks ****.

Joystick Chevron likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Reviews I've seen so far tend to equal 'buy it in one to two years time'.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah probably my tactic.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.