main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Hippo!!! Marvel’s Moon Knight [Disney+]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Master_Lok, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  3. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I'd seen him in a few things recently and had been impressed. The guy was a star, very charismatic. This is something of a shock.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Always sad when somebody at such a comparably young age dies.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's the first D+ show that has little to no connective tissue to any of the films, so it should be pretty easy to jump right in. Maybe just watch and/or read a summary of Infinity War and Endgame.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Big swing inasmuch that it's the first D+ show without a character headlining it who was in the movies (What If was sort of a grab-bag, also animated). but going with Crazy Batman should be easy for people to get in to.

Anyway, I'm wondering if Blade / Black Knight will show up based upon the Eternals teaser. There's probably going to be someone who was in the movies show up in here. Maybe Valentina? Sending in US Agent to take care of bidness?

7. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    He’s definitely shed those minor Batman influences in the MCU, since Steven Grant is now a meek everyman as opposed to the millionaire investor/inventor/Bruce Wayne type. Also, the suit sort of consumes him so there’s that horror element too.

It looks like they’re tapping into the LeMire/Smallwood run with designs tweaked from Universe X (I adore that costume), and Declan Shalvey’s designs. I like that Khonshu is looking like Declan’s design -and perhaps- borrowing from the mummy bone armor just a bit.

The rumors stated Sharon Carter would be on the show and it almost makes sense that the Power Broker would appear. And Banner/Hulk is a strong possibility since Mark Ruffalo was spotted in Budapest at the same time they were filming.

The two Easter Eggs I caught were a Ghost Rider looking sticker in the elevator, and as Steven fumbles with a gun in the truck, the crate behind him says Von D-

darthbernael likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I hope they have him doing Moon Knight stuff in the first episode and don't exactly drag it out until he's beating people up as moon knight in episode 5 or whatever.

9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Maybe the second episode at the latest, since he’s a rather complicated character. I agree that they need to get to Moon Knight sooner rather than later. They have a lot to set up (Steven/Marc/Moon Knight, the gods, Ethan’s villain Arthur Harrow, the deadly war etc.) And casting Oscar only goes so far if people are confused.

darthbernael likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

yah I've had Moon Knight pop up in a few issues of my collections and that was almost entirely from the Ultimate Spider-Man arc which I barely remember/have buried away somewhere

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  11. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Moonie's definitely one of the more obscure in the Marvel catalogue.

Then again, 3.264 people had ever heard of the Guardians before Gunn got his hands on them, so...

Pre-2008 Average Joe/Jane didn't give two craps about Iron Man either.

12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Nah, it’s the makers of the pastries. It gets discussed at about the 15 minute mark here:

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [:D]I do not watch YT commentaries: thank you very much. :)

darthbernael likes this.
  14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    EW shares an excellent Ethan Hawke interview in which he talks about the villain phase of his career. I am really psyched for his Moon Knight baddie, Arthur Harrow, and the super creepy Grabber in The Black Phone.

I love the idea Harrow is going to mess with Marc -and definitely Steven- minds so deeply. I have zero memory of Harrow as I read Fist of Khonshu decades ago and promptly forgot about it.

Source: https://ew.com/tv/ethan-hawke-moon-knight-villain/

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
  16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So Oscar and Jared Leto interviewed each other for Variety and Moon Knight came up:

Also interesting that Oscar says Moon Knight is currently a limited series = one season.

EDIT; Is what we thought about Loki as well?

Something else to ponder, if the Jake Lockley alter is not revealed until the last episode, that he could be a cliff hanger reveal for season 2 (as @A Chorus of Disapproval supposed). Call me skeptical, but I think Moon Knight needs more than one season to be fully understood (and, um, yeah I want more than one season please.)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    Juliet316 and darthbernael like this.
  17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I don’t think they ever called Loki a limited series. Just WandaVision.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Ah. Thank you @Ghost

FWIW, just getting a single season of Moon Knight is more than I ever expected, but we’ll see what happens soon enough.

19. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    of all the series Moon Knight would have seemed like it would be more than one. season

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I’m sure Moon Knight will be in other shows and movies. And perhaps eventually a season 2.

darthbernael likes this.
  21. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    yep, everything crossing over these days

darthbernael likes this.
  22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I don’t think of it as crossover. I think the whole point of a Moon Knight origin series is to have him as a supporting character in future movies/shows and not have to explain everything about him when he appears.

23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    The thing is, his alters might explain it everywhere else he appears. ;)

I would hope he gets another full season at some point.

Ghost and darthbernael like this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It could be a single season inasmuch that it's Moon Knight's origin and then he'll be a rotating MCU roster character from then on if Oscar can only do a single TV series length shoot and the rest is movie shoots.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    darthbernael likes this.
  25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Possibly. I have a feeling they may sneak Jake Lockley in there somewhere as Oscar was wearing an outfit that evoked him during the Budapest shoot, but they could be saying this to keep another season a surprise too (Watch and wait to see how this season does etc.)

What can I say? I want as much as I can get with my favorite Marvel character(s).

darthbernael and BigAl6ft6 like this.