main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Marvel Animated Features

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by RolandofGilead, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I just picked up the new Ultimate Avengers DVD. I haven't watched it yet, but it looks cool and appears to be the first in a series of films by Marvel Animation Studios. Future releases listed on the back of the mini-comic I got with the film include:

Avengers II, August 2006
    Iron Man, October 2006
    Doctor Strange, February 2007

I don't know much about this except to say that the concept is cool and I hope there are more Marvel titles on their way.

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Its decent enough. I watched it after I bought it the other day. Doubt I'll ever watch it again though.

I think its a good idea overall. Most of the concepts could never be done real justice as live action. With Avengers it was odd how they toned it down yet still released a very "adult" film. I'm hoping they continue for awhile and eventually get to Loeb's and Madureira's run on Ultimates. A stylized take on Madureira's stylized style would be interesting to see.

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i'm thinking of getting this Ulitmate Avengers DVD. after seeing in RoG's post how they plan on doing Iron Man. i sort of wish they'd make a live action Iron Man movie. he's one of my favorite Marvel Superheroes

4. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I don't know if inclusion in that list necessary precludes any live action film at a later date.

Iron Man has been batted around repeatedly at one point attached to Tom Cruise.

5. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes they are making a live action Iron Man movie but there have been a lot of issues in getting the project under way.

6. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    [image=http://www.battlestarfanclub.com/battlestar/dave/dgstark.jpg]
    Whether he's in the movie or not, Tom Selleck IS Iron Man.

What I'd like to see is more of these types of titles. Perhaps we can get to some Marvel Characters who would never see film, or others who might be better served in animated form.

7. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I plan on picking up the Avengers DVD sometime this week. I would really love to see them do X-Men this way. And Daredevil. And Punisher. And Ghost Rider. They could really be onto something awesome with these. Hopefully this one's successful enough to do more.

8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Peronsally I wish they had chosen to do either the Ultimates OR the Avengers. I would have definetly prefered it if stayed closer to the Ultimates. It basically follows the storyline of the first two Ultimates arcs, but there are enough differences and 616 references (simply the fact that the word Avenger is used) to make it different. Plus, Hulk no longer wants to kill Freddie Prinze Jr. :p

9. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I think they just used Avengers to make some sense out of it to consumers.

It was as much as the Ultimates as you could ever get on TV.

10. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I bought this today and watched it. I though it was pretty good. I'm not really a big Avengers fan (the only member I really like is Iron Man), but I liked it. The animation was pretty good, and I thought the voices were fitting. Iron Man's surprised me. I never thought of him having an altered voice like Darth Vader, but more of a filtered one like a clone or storm trooper. The use of his character was one of my only complaints. He comes off as pretty weak, getting knocked around most of the time. Reminds of the way they usually treat the Flash in the Justice League animated series. For a first time out though, this was good and I'm excited at the idea for more of these.

11. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I saw this recently. Really enjoyed it. A promising start to the whole animated feature approach at they very least.

12. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH

TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    I saw it and thought it was really good. I don't follow the comics, but I have some knowledge of all of the characters in the movie. I like how they deal with Captain America and his story arc. I'm looking forward to the 2nd one that'll be out in July .

I hope they do this for some of the more "mainstream" characters. I think they've got a really good idea going here.

13. durden21

durden21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2001
    I think they are trying to stay away from mainstream and let the movies deal with that. Basically they're trying to give comics which would never hit the big screen a chance to have movies.

Cartoon Network announced that they would be carrying all four movies. Funny since the creators said they would never allow it on tv.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.