main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph MARVEL CIVIL WAR

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Obi_Will_Kenobi, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001

Not. A. Fan. [face_plain]

2. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    Since when did Bullseye become Frank Castle, who then became a half-baked Captain America?

Honestly, if they were to fully pull this scheme off, what's wrong with simply re-using the U.S. Agent outfit?

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Isn't US Agent still wearing it in Omega Flight?

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Oh come on.

The Punisher has his own series. He's not going to be the new Captain America any more than Cyborg Superman.

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    This and the red white and blue "Iron America" that was leaked a few weeks ago makes me thing we may see a series of phony covers with various characters as the "new" Captain America.

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/darthcolin/rogers_ironman_t.jpg]

6. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I juest read Civil War Confessions.

Man I hate stark I hate him so much.

dkt

7. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    ^^^ So true...

Although I'm beginning to like this idea of "aftermath" just to spite tony's stupid efforts. Captain America as the Punisher is perfect metaphor for what Tony has done.

8. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I would tend to agree that due to the phoney and "alternative" covers circulating out there that we honestly can't beleive any rumours until the issues are actually out. It reminds me of when they did a similar dodge in Astonishing X-men #4 I think. They ended the issue with the cryptic revelation that Beast had discovered someone the x-men cared for had been resurected from the dead somehow and they left the issue with Scott hopefully guessing "Jean?" They issued "teaser" covers and images of Phoenix rising again and fans began to buzz about the "news." By the time the next issue was released it was revealed that the resurected friend was Colussus. So these so I don't trust these leaked images.

9. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    Just read THe Death of Cappy issue.
    They leave it open for a 'Steve Rogers Was Never Really Dead' solution.Surprise.Surprise. You never really see him die.
    Anybody who thinks Rogers is not coming back is being pretty nieve.

10. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I don't think there's anyone who thinks that the death of iconic characters like Cap is ever permanent.

11. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    They've already stated that he's not dead in multiple books anyway.

Mighty Avengers was pretty sweet, Ares seems nasty. And there's some strange subplot with the New Avengers being hunted down for their own good or something.
    And Ultron with Boobs makes her first appearance!

12. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Did you read new avengers this week?

13. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Yeah, fairly soon after I made that post actually. [face_plain]

14. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    You know, for all of Marvel's insistence that Iron Man and the pro-regs are not the bad guys here, the actual stories in the comics seem to tell the exact opposite. The latest example: this week's new New Avengers. That trick was just LOW, espicially from someone who in The Confession was whining about how "it wasn't worth it!" Sheesh Stark, I'm sick of you.

Although Mighty Avengers is fun, mostly for Ares. :p

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    More on the Punisher storyline.

[image=http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/June07/x/PWJ_8.jpg]

PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL #8
    Written by MATT FRACTION
    Pencils and Cover by ARIEL OLIVETTI
    It's part 3 of ?Blood and Sand,? with the heart of the American dream at stake.
    Somewhere in the heart of the Sonoran desert, halfway between the United States and Mexico, the Hate-Monger and his infamous hostage go one-on-one. Meanwhile, G.W. Bridge goes rogue? Stuart Clarke investigates how the National Force gets its information and who's helping them get it? and Frank Castle unveils his astonishing plan.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ?$2.99

Also, this from the comic con.

"Is the Punisher/Captain America image a misdirection?" McCann: "It's the cover of Punisher War Journal #6. Keep reading."

Also, from Captain America #27

[image=http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/June07/x/Cap_27.jpg]

CAPTAIN AMERICA #27
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Penciled by STEVE EPTING & MIKE PERKINS
    Cover by STEVE EPTING
    Part 3 of the senses-shattering "Death of a Dream" storyline continues the follow-up to Cap's side of the story from Civil War that you can only find here in Captain America -- and all we can tell you right now is, nothing is what it seems! Not even this cover!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ?$2.99

16. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    I agree,Tony Stark has become a real jerk.
    Heros with flaws and faults are fine,,that is what made Marvel sucessful from the first issue of Fantastic Four on...,but Marvel is overdoing it in Stark's case.
    And considering a big budget Iron Man film will shortly go into production,I am trying to figure out why.
    But the whole "no one is right,no one is wrong" idea about the Civil War has fallen apart.

17. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I think that the whole outcome of civil war was done poorly and sloppy like. I don't think Caps death is anything other than, "we need to kill someone, who should it be." Not sure if i think he is really dead but regarless it seems they did it just because they could.

The new Avengers team is crap. It's poorly written and the team is kinda lame. I mean, common, Mrs. Marvel? I want Thor to come and kick all there asses, that or hulk.

Well, as it stands, I moved the majority of my pull to DC and Dark Horse stuff. I'm only getting Spidey and Darktower from Marvel.

dkt

18. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Is it just me or did everything relevant to Civil War happen outside of Civil War?

Furthermore I don't know who else picked up the latest issue of ASM, but there is something that has me scratching my head. Pete at one point tells MJ that Aunt May's maiden name was Fitzgerald, but I could have sworn it was Reilly. Am I wrong?

19. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Good call. Because wasn't Ben Reilly named after her?

20. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    yeah i noticed that too.

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Long before it came up in the Clone Saga, it was revealed many years ago that May's maiden name was Reilly. Why JMS screwed that up with Fitzgerald is beyond me. Unless it's a plot point that will come out of left feild, this is an error.

22. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Since when has JMS followed continuity at all? Is this surprising?

23. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    How about in AMS when he... no

What about in FF when... damn.

Uhh...

Teen Titans?

24. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Lest we forget "Sins Past" which did more to ruin the character of Gwen Stacy than even her actual death did. Good God that was terrible.

25. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    I don't feel that sins past ruined gwen's character. Osbourn was an experianced, charasmatic, physicaly fit, rich guy, why it is it so hard to believe that he could get a 18 year old girl to sleep with him. To me, her sleeping with him doesn't make her a slut, it just makes her a kid who made a bad call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.