main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Marvel Heroes: A New Breed - ~Summer 2020 Best RPG~

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Psion
    White Star Safe Zone, Undercity, NYC

It didn’t take a degree on Behavioral Psychology to see where the members of Team Psion stood;
    Blue was literally almost out the door, his disposition clearly communicated by his posture.

Casey sat quietly, probably engaged in some inner dialogue and looking somewhat dispirited. Out of the trio, Psion was the only one who stood at attention, fully focused on the proceedings and ready to lend his full cooperation.

‘Against’, ‘Neutral’ and ‘In Favor’; they spoke their minds with their bodies.

This personal stance didn’t come as a surprise to Psion, their conversations always hinted to this moment, but the reality of it made his heart sink a little.

These were his friends, his best friend, his only friends…and friends did almost everything together, apparently this particular issue was the ‘almost’.

The pretty agent, Zara, then spoke up suddenly in the intervening silence.

"I was pleased to meet you! I hope I can see you again?"

Hearing Blue and Casey’s positive answers sparked in Psion his usual optimism.

“It was indeed a pleasure Zara…” He replied with a slight bow.

“Wether on the work field or a leisurely stroll, we will always look forward to your company.”

It was a shame that he had to wear his Visor and mask for this meeting, he smiled broadly at the beautiful agent, his eyes fully appreciating her fashion style and fitness aesthetic…perhaps next time.

No matter what road we take, we are still heroes and want the same things, to better this world and to help those who can’t help themselves. Psion asserted in his mind.

Even though the past was shrouded in a fog, the future beckoned and it didn’t look too bad, there was hero work to be done for sure and possibly a few good friends to be made as well.

TAG: @greyjedi125 , @galactic-vagabond422 , @Kurisan

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Blue, Aegis, Psion, Zero G & Agent 77
    White Star Safe Zone, Undercity, NYC

Advisor Sethland accepted the still blank tablet from Psion and offered a sincere and respectful nod to the ‘face’ of the team. The Advisor turned to face Agent Delphi, shook his head lightly, then tucked the thin datapad under his arm before resuming his position next to Delphi.

It was quite obvious that ‘Team Psion’ were more than ready to go, as Blue had positioned himself by the door and their general disposition was that of a group eager to be dismissed.

With unbidden and unrehearsed sincerity, Agent Zero G suddenly spoke her heart and her mind, how she was pleased to meet the trio and hoped to see them again.

Blue, Aegis and Psion responded in their typical fashion, the barometer of their personalities being showcased.

Delphi kept her true sentiments to herself, choosing now to address Psion himself, as he was already the designated ‘contact’ for the team.

“Please accept my thanks for your assistance once again on behalf of White Star, we could not have succeeded without you.”

Delphi let that statement sink in for a measured beat, then continued.

“I look forward to your final decision regarding your earnings. Should you need anything at any time, you know how to reach us.”

The woman offered a respectful nod to all three youthful metas.

Abakis will once again see you safely to street level. Consider yourselves dismissed.”

With that, the door behind Blueline opened and young Abakis stood there, already waiting. She smiled and moved to one side, giving the trio space to get themselves collected.

“We are leaving through a different exit, so don’t be alarmed. It’s part of our security protocol.” She explained. When everyone seemed ready, the young agent moved out down the corridor, then came through a series of doors. The way out was not scenic at all, but completely uninteresting, consisting of long barren and dimly lit corridors and a series of what could be Boiler Rooms or Generator Housing Chambers.

Then came the long inclined ascent and no elevator. The trek was silent and focused. Just before it seemed that their journey would be interminable, Abakis opened a final door that led them straight to the streets, somewhere around 38th Street and Lexington Avenue, south-west of their original location.

No one paid attention to them as they stood by the unmarked doorway.

“Well, thanks again for your help. Hopefully we get to work together in the future.”

Abakis would nod to the camera positioned to the top right of the door, listen to any responses should there be any, then retreat back inside, disappearing behind locking doors.

Blue, Aegis and Psion were now back in their element, with no ties to anyone but themselves. It had been a long day, and though there was much to discuss, returning to the safety of their Hideout and Home was the only priority at the moment.

Back in the Debriefing Room…..

“Alright.” Delphi said, switching her attention now that the trio of youthful metas had departed. Her gaze fell on Zara.

“We need to speak on two important topics. Your continued Training and the Sentinel. Which one would you like to address first?”

Tag: @Ameteth, @galactic-vagabond422, @Kurisan, @TheAdmiral

Shelly VanKasser
    Alhambra, Arizona

“Ready to go, whenever you are!” Shelly said cheerfully.

“Alright, let’s go for a drive.” Tony would add with a small nod, his car keys already in hand, even as he began to move. “It’s better if we are on the move.”

“No sentry drones.” Colin stated by way of explanation.

“After you.” Colin would say with a gentlemanly gesture for Shelly to follow after Tony, however, she would clearly and distinctly hear the red-head’s passing thoughts.

{ ‘I do hope she remembers…’}

The look on his face would be that of normal politeness as he paused, waiting to follow after her.

Pointing his electronic key-fob, Tony unlocked his car, and entered via the driver’s side. Colin took the front passenger seat which left the back free for Shelly. Tony’s car was a modest Volks EV 4-door in azure blue and charcoal grey interior. Once inside Tony’s car, the young man would begin driving out of the park, then turn to the highway.

“We’ll head over to ‘Middletown Comics’ one town over, so we have about 20 minutes of uninterrupted conversation before a check point. Let’s make it count.”

As if on cue, Colin turned around to face the back seat where Shelly sat, his green eyes set on her (yes, he had his seat belt on), while Tony listened and kept his eyes on the road.

“Okay, so…what do you remember?” he asked as plainly as possible.

Tag: @Ktala

Daken
    H.AM.M.E.R HQ, N.Y

He would wake-up on his bed alone; which was no surprise, but he would still smell Moonstone’s presence quite vividly.

It was a new day for Daken, chiefly as one of the Force Commander’s Elite Soldiers - and today’s morning routine would reflect that.

Though the early morning was his to do as he wished, it wasn’t long before he got his first order of the day.

[Daken: Report to Combat Arena-1 on sub-level 3 for Elite Combat Training Session at 9:00 HRS]

Daken still had ample time to clean up and have breakfast before the official time, yet it would be best not to be late.

Tag: @darthbernael

Isla Carson & Tenzin
    Mystic Masters Sanctums, Linked

Tenzin gulped audibly, but managed to master his nerves. Try as he might, his mind was still whirling. Headmaster Mordo!? Why was everyone acting so normal? Wasn’t he…..wasn’t he…….wait…….why couldn’t he quite remember that specific detail? Something didn’t seem quite right.

“Thank you for your prompt responses…..” The young monk began, still collecting himself, eyes darting to each Master present.

“Are you feeling well, Master Tenzin?” Master Wong inquired, suddenly quite concerned.

“I…I’m unsure.” Tenzin confessed and was then able to speak of his troubles. How the New York Temple shook which was most unusual, how his Sling Ring overheated, the strange Giant Robots flying in the sky. He didn’t mention his concerns about Headmaster Mordo, since his memories were presently fuzzy in that regard, but made a mental note to mention it to Master Isla after the conference.

“Have you experienced any….aftershocks?” The Headmaster inquired.

“No.” Tenzin replied simply, shaking his head lightly.

“I see….”

There was a brief pause.

“You do realize that those Giant Robots are called Sentinels and have been around for more than a year?”

Tenzin looked surprised, but did not deny or assert any knowledge.

“Hmmm. Gaps in memory suggest you may have been under a powerful psychic attack. I’m pleased you followed protocol and sought assistance, Master Tenzin. I shall send Master Kaecilius to investigate the matter and possibly replace you, albeit temporarily if necessary.”

“Kaecilius?” Tenzin blurted out before he could stop himself.

Wong and the Headmaster looked at each other for a moment.

“Yes, indeed. Is there a problem?”

“N-no, not at all.” Tenzin stammered.

“Good.” said the Headmaster, pleased with the proceedings.

“Now, is there anything else, we do have other matters to attend to.”

“No, that will be all. Thank you Headmaster Mordo, Master Wong.”

“Expect Master Kaecilius within the next twenty-four hours. Light be with you.”

“And you…”

With that, Both Hong Kong and Kamar-Taj Sanctums signed off and slowly faded from view and perception. Only the original connection to the London Sanctum remained. Tenzin placed a hand over his face and shook it in his weariness, but did not disengage the connection with Master Isla.

Apparently, there was more he wished to share.

Tag: @Jedi_padawan_leigh *(combo?)

SGC
    Mystic Masters Sanctum, NY

SGC had returned inside the Sanctum in due time, as the illusory disguise began to fade, becoming as a ghostly figure, gossamer and immaterial, super-imposed upon his smaller frame.

There was no sign of Larry, their winged guest, who’s illusory disguise was likely expiring as well- even at that very moment.

The interior of the sanctum was almost silent and still, if it were not for the voices coming from the upper floors. SGC would be able to hear several voices speaking, even that of his Mentor. The sounds seemed to be coming from the Circle of Meditation, a location within the Sanctum which Tenzin continually tried to familiarize him with.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

Monin Bellascort
    Safe House, East 56th Street

Monin’s google search informed him that Victor Von Doom was the Monarch of the powerful European country of Latveria. That he was a man, who was not only a leader and a scientist, but also a visionary who’s gifts to the human race included a partial cure to the Malform Virus, and technological protection against the Ultron Virus. The first affected both humans and meta humans, while the second affected all technology.

As for the Sentinels, they were chiefly used in the U.S. to maintain order, specifically built to combat super powered insurgents. Sentinels are both authorized and managed by the D.H.S and built at Oscorp. They are also said to contain a measure of Stark technology.

In other words, he wouldn’t find any unflattering information, if that’s what he was looking for. For that he’d have to search elsewhere.

The Uber ride to 56th Street was, thankfully, uneventful. The car was clean, the driver polite and his tip well deserved.

The building that he had been directed to was quite nice, and had a bit of an ‘English’ feel to it.

The front desk attendant was courteous and polite, dutifully directing Monin to the proper elevator bank, which would take him to the 7th floor. Needless to say, the ride was made in comfort and brevity.

A pleasant ding would sound before the elevator doors opened and allowed Monin to step into the well lit and carpeted floor. A vase filled with roses and assorted flowers lent the air a pleasant aroma.

In short order Monin would reach the apartment he sought, the one marked 7E.

All he had to do was knock, and he would soon be reunited with his friend, Eliza.

Tag: @The Jedi in the Pumas *(Combo? )

Larry Stone
    Midtown, NY

The phone rang many times, and for a moment, it seemed as if no one was about to pick-up, when someone answered at the other end, but no words were spoken at first.

So, it’s you….. The voice said gruffly, then hung up.

By now, Larry changed into the cloak he was given, now that the illusion that concealed his original form had faded away after an hour. He had not communicated with anyone at the downtown Sanctum, especially after making up his mind to take a different course of action given his recent experience.

Sitting upon his bike, Larry waited, wondering what would happen next after he’d made the phone call to ’V’.

Larry would not hear the stealth approach, there would be no shadow to alert him of another’s presence. He would only feel a powerful jolt of electricity as he was being tasered- enough to knock him out-cold.

“You and I have unfinished business.” A voice would say to his unconscious form, then hoist him up. Larry would not feel himself moving through the air, by other means.

The world had changed and with it his circumstances. The call he made made certain of that.

TBC, No tag: *( mentioned @Master Vo'Un'Var )

Michael Knight, Subject 50
    Electric Avenue, London

“Nooo!” Enjol pleaded, but his words fell on deaf ears as Subject 50 did battle with the Dianoga Leader. His powerful punch had staggered the transformed woman, and granted him enough time for him to mount her bestial form from behind. He was in a position of advantage, which allowed him to pound away, while keeping him safely out of the beast’s reach.

But the beast was quite clever and simply fell backwards to the ground and on top of Michael, impaling his chest and abdomen with the spikes on its back. The force of the impact was enough to knock out even the resilient Subject 50.

The beast clambered to its feet and turned to rend at Michael’s immobile form with its sharp claws, but Enjol was already there, healing the fallen man. The beast roared and the young albino boy turned and waved a glowing hand at the beast.

“NO!!!” He commanded. His eyes began to glow and his white hair moved softly. The beast lumbered backwards and howled as if in pain, then began to shrink in size. It continued to protest, but its voice became more and more human by the moment.

Finally, only the form of the dark skinned leader remained, exhausted and kneeling on the floor, naked in the rain.

“Dammit child! why you had’go do THAT for….!!??”

The woman remained where she knelt, despite her displeasure as she had no strength left in her from the forced regression. Her previously fallen companions began to get up, groaning, but healed.

The one that Michael kicked was moving forward in anger, looking to return the favor.

“NO!” Enjol cried out, placing himself between the two.

“Git out me way, ya stoopid….” The man was about to slap the albino boy who remained unmoving, but a loud bark stopped him in his tracks.

“STOP!!! or ya wan hav’ta answer t’me…..” The woman said in a menacing tone that could not be misinterpreted. One of her cohorts offered her a helping hand, but she just slapped it away. He got the message and stepped back, watching her stand.

“Bring ‘im.” She said, pointing to Michael’s fallen form.

“Bring ‘em both.” she added, her eyes falling on Enjol.

TBC, No tag: *(Mentioned @Master Vo'Un'Var )

@Master Vo'Un'Var is taking a leave of absence. Here’s hoping to see him soon.

@Darth_Elu *( Continuing combo, sorry for the delay )

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Alhambra, Arizona

“Alright, let’s go for a drive.” Tony would add with a small nod, his car keys already in hand, even as he began to move. “It’s better if we are on the Shelly gave a quizzical look.

“No sentry drones,” Colin stated by way of explanation. "Oh," Shelly responded. That did seem to make sense. Were they checking out on any gatherings? she wondered. As Colin gestured for Shelly to follow after Tony, she definitely heard the redhead's voice in her mind.

{ ‘I do hope she remembers…’}

The look on his face would be that of normal politeness as he paused, waiting to follow after her. Shelly paused, only for a half step, as she continued on, to follow after Tony. What had happened? Normally, she heard stuff, but that was when folks were in shadows. That wasn't the case.

Shelly followed behind Tony as he got to his car... NICE CAR...and unlocked the doors. She climbed into the back seat, while Tony drove, and Colin got into the passenger seat.

“We’ll head over to ‘Middletown Comics’ one town over, so we have about 20 minutes of uninterrupted conversation before a checkpoint. Let’s make it count.”

Shelly shuddered at that thought. Another checkpoint. But it was something she hoped they would not have to deal with for too long. Colin turned around to face the back seat where Shelly sat, his green eyes set on her while Tony listened and kept his eyes on the road.

“Okay, so…what do you remember?” he asked as plainly as possible.

"Shelly looked at Tony. She then shrugged her shoulders. "I remember everything. I know why I think. But I remember everything that was before..." Shelly gestured in the air. "Before all of this," I remember before, I remember the party.. I remember riding in the car with Marla when it felt like some weird light or wave hit... and then this."

Shelly shrugged her shoulders. "I even remember someone mentioning something about a cube the night of the party."

What Shelly didn't know was why she had suddenly heard someone's mental thought. That would take a little bit more doing, so for now she kept that part to herself.

"I... I might be able to help you remember. I don't know if what I do would do the same for you..."

It was a risky statement. But Shelly didn't want to be stuck in this reality any longer than necessary.

TAG: @greyjedi125

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    SGC
    Mystic Masters Sanctum, NY

SGC had returned inside the Sanctum in due time, as the illusory disguise began to fade, becoming as a ghostly figure, gossamer and immaterial, super-imposed upon his smaller frame.

There was no sign of Larry, their winged guest, who’s illusory disguise was likely expiring as well- even at that very moment.

The interior of the sanctum was almost silent and still, if it were not for the voices coming from the upper floors. SGC could faintly hear several voices speaking, even that of his Mentor. The sounds seemed to be coming from the Circle of Meditation, a location within the Sanctum which Tenzin continually tried to familiarize him with.

Figuring that out he slowly walked up, watching more the spectral fading of his false form as he eerily also could see the insectoid body moving within it. Once to the top of stairs he headed to the Circle of Meditation to see Tenzin and share what he had learned. Also he now had much greater drive to want to learn this Magic thing, it was rather useful.

Tag: @greyjedi125

5. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Zara Chang
    Debriefing

Zara was gladdened by the positive responses from Psion and Casey, and even Blue. She hoped for that day in Union Square to come soon. Shopping, coffee, hanging out, as people her age do naturally in America...

But then they left, and she was in a room of strangers again. Agent 77 was there, silent - and Zara felt again like she was being scrutinised and evaluated. She straightened to attention when she was addressed once more.

The agents asked if she wanted to discuss the sentinel or her training first. She thought about that.

"Well, I am keen to prepare for my next mission..."

Then she bit her lip. "Oh, but I suppose we should do things in the correct order, and that means completing the procedure on the previous mission first?"

She shifted uncomfortably, feeling indecisive. "Do you want to talk about the sentinel? I am not an expert on them, but if you show me the images I can tell you what it was doing..."

@greyjedi125

6. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline & Casey
    NYC

There was an audible sigh from Blue as they were finally let out of the briefing room. He'd been here for too long already, he wanted to get back to a city that needed him. Casey on the other hand had found a napkin and a pencil and had scribbled down her personal communicator ID and a message.

'If you want to talk.'

Getting up from her chair she kept her gaze down towards the ground. She was still nervous, still worried, but she got a good feeling about Zara. She didn't judge and even covered for her when it was in her best interests to tell her superiors about her. Walking up she pressed the napkin into the rookie agent's palm and smiled, her mouth was visible so the gymnast could see the genuine warm in it.

The pair follow their guide out of the safehouse, Casey feeling just a little bummed that they didn't get to go back out through the common area...though she did mark the location on her communicator. It could be fun to return to… a light blush returned to her cheeks recalling the Demon looking boy. Shyly she put her bandana back on, in part to hide her embarrassment. Though she did check to make sure that her blush wasn't showing through the cloth like some sort of Anime.

Blue was his silent stoic self keeping an eye out for danger even in a 'Safe' place. He just couldn't turn it off, couldn't stop being the protector he was. He couldn't turn off a lot of things. His distaste for red tape, whether or not it existed, working for a larger group, even if it only wanted to help, and many other things. He was the tree that planted itself into the earth and said

'No you move.'

Noble and idiotic in equal measure but that was who he was. You could always know what he would do, what he would say. It was comforting in a way and frustrating in others.

As they reached the surface Blue looked around getting his bearings noting the street signs and the like. Casey pulled up a map and started working out their route back to the hideout.

As they started walking Casey moved up next to Blue gripping his hand.

"If we run into any trouble, will you at least wait a sec for Psion to come up with a plan?" She asked.

Blue again just let out a sigh. Not a no, but not a yes either.

TAG: @greyjedi125 @Ameteth @Kurisan @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  7. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Zephyr Vaillancourt
    NYC, street level.

Time became a blur during the walk to the surface as Zephyr reflected on the last few hours; the day had been long and fraught with many dangers, the close calls and the many surprises felt strangely like the first time on the field rather than par for the course.

Was this really an average day in the life of a superhero? It was hard to imagine what things may have been like for the Avengers before their disappearance.

Zephyr was convinced that in the absence of the world’s heroes, every person who had a heart for justice and sought to help humanity in their own capacity, regardless of powers or abilities, nurtured a passion to do their best.

Young Adam’s friendly face came to mind as did the image of the inspiring General Okoye of Wakanda. War Machine. Agent Zero-G. The Morlocks. Everyone was giving their all to make things better….even ‘Team Psion’.

“Please give Agent Cross our regards, we are wishing for his speedy recovery.” were the last words he spoke to Zara upon exiting the ‘briefing room’.

So there was no wrong way to help, he concluded, just different avenues; it was a comforting thought.

As the group walked towards the surface, Psion had kept his abilities to a safe minimum, maintaining a non-intrusive detection to avoid surprises, he was trusting that their host, White Star, would provide safe passage. Air quality was good and free of suspicious substances and the rooms and machinery they walked past appeared to be exactly what they presented…at least on the surface.

His mind was already working on the list of items he would request from White Star that would accompany his personal acceptance of their offer. There would inevitably be items on that list for the entire team, preparation was key to success and survival and someone had to take care of that.

Such was his good mood that by the time Abakis had opened the final door Zephyr had completely rearranged his outfit to something more suitable for the streets of Manhattan.

A stylish Cowl Neck fitted asymmetrical long sleeved top ( and gloves), textured in black suede. ‘Designer’ motorcycle pants and some semi-futuristic combat boots. All in black with silver appointments.
    The oversized Visor glasses covered his eyes but let his lower face free to smile. It was easy to guess that Zara’s change of clothes was the catalyst for the costume change.

“Thank you so much for escorting us out, we greatly appreciate it.” Zephyr smiled and inclined his head respectfully to their guide.

It took only a moment to get oriented and his mental map going. The wrist comp also chimed indicating that all standard services were restored.

Zephyr quickly stifled a chuckle as he heard Casey entreating Blue to play nice.

'If we run into any trouble, will you at least wait a sec for Psion to come up with a plan?’

“We have each others backs, always. But how about we take a ride home and shower….( and get you a new earpiece.) he muttered.

“Much work to do, we have, but avoid soap and water we should not.”

Zephyr laughed at his own joke ( Zack would have laughed too).

Sure it sounded corny, but sometimes being funny ( or not funny) got the message across.

[​IMG]

TAG: @greyjedi125 , @galactic-vagabond422 , @Kurisan *mentioned

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  8. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline & Casey
    NYC

"We have each others backs, always. But how about we take a ride home and shower….( and get you a new earpiece.)"

Blue didn't catch that last part, but he still looked to the ground. There was a part of him that wanted to get into trouble. There was trouble all around them, people needed help and what was he if he didn't help others? But, it had been a long day, they needed to regroup. He could feel Casey's grip telling him she just wanted to go home. Maybe it was time to do that. He could come at it fresh tomorrow.

"Alright what did you have in mind?"

Casey smiled seeing Blue not put up a fight. It certainly saved time. It'd been so long since she had a shower, or at least it felt like it. This had been a long day, nearly losing Blue, losing control, being told she was a danger. But she also got to meet new people, some were even friendly to her. That was rare. She was ready to go home, ready to end the day and tackle a new one.

As they got into the conveyance the silence hung in the air. Blue rarely had much to say outside of a few moments. Casey lightly drummed her hands on her legs trying to fill the void. It eventually got too much and she had to say something, anything.

"Zara's cute." She said, looking at Blue and Zephyr. "She dresses nice...a lot like you." the young woman gestured to the sharply attired half kree among them. "I do hope we get to meet her again."

"She was good," Blue added, not really saying anything about her fashion sense. It never really occurred to the hero to really look at them. Clothes were clothes to him, something you wore to cover your body.

TAG: @Ameteth @greyjedi125

9. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Daken
    Rise and Shine

Before Daken even opened his eyes he knew Moonstone had left. Her scent was in the air but even as quiet as she’d been he’d woken when she left. He hadn’t said a word because that was the life they both led so he’d returned to sleep for a time. A sleepy smile crossed his face and then he saw the order. The smile grew broader. ”Moonstone and Taskmaster know me but there’s always bureaucracy, and they tend to forget how I am. But the chance to get a good workout in can’t be beaten.” he muttered into the empty air.

He went through the clothes, pulling out a full set of black, pants, shirt, boots, socks, and tossed it on the bed. Already stripped down he went through a quick warmup series of stretches and exercises, getting the blood pumping before heading to the bathroom. A long, steamy shower later, he stepped out and toweled off. Drying the mirror he quickly shaved and then touched up the mohawk before chuckling and flipping gun signs at his reflection.

Ducking back out he caught her scent again and followed it to the pillow she’d laid her head upon. A claw snicked out and the pillowcase was suddenly in several long strips. Tucking most of them into a sealed pouch, he tied one around his upper arm before donning his garments. Her scent trailed after him as he departed his quarters.

Strolling around he passed others in the hallways, before coming to the canteen for the Elites. His nose had guided him well in this case. Taking two trays he piled four plates with eggs, bacon, toast, sausages, hash browns, and coffee before finding an empty table in a corner, with his back to the wall. As he devoured every scrap he let his eyes roam and he considered the few others in the space.

His eyes twinkled in humor at his study of them, most had the right aura but none had what he felt in himself, Moonstone, Taskmaster, or even that brute, Reaper. The ones here had the hunter instinct but not entirely that killer instinct that made a true hunter so effective. Finishing his coffee he shrugged, knowing these troops would possibly be back up for him in some situations in this new, odd world but that didn’t meant they’d get close.

Checking the wall mounted clock he saw he had just enough time to make it to the gym and get a look around before the training session would start. Taking a coffee to go, he entered the nearest lift that would take him to the correct Sublevel. He sipped from the coffee as he descended, until the lift stopped at his floor. Stepping off he headed toward the scent of hormones and sweat, until it led to the open door of the Combat Arena.

The lights were at a decent level, not too bright or in one’s face, and he could see others already sparring so he knew he was in the right place. Leaning against the wall just inside the door he looked around more before laughing to himself, taking one last whiff of Moonstone’s scent before they began, ”That little comm said I should be here, so I guess we should see what fun is to come.” he stated to the room in general.

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Alhambra, Arizona

Shelly began to speak of the things she remembered, mostly in details, though a few things she did leave understandably vague. Tony spared several glances through the rear-view mirror, and nodded in key parts regarding the party and the night before 'The change’.

[​IMG]
    Tony

At the same time, Colin also listened and absently scratched his chin while looking to one side, almost as if making memory of past events, specifically the ones Shelly spoke of.

[​IMG]
    Colin

At the mention of the ‘Cube’, Colin raised an eyebrow, his mind thinking words he did not speak out loud, yet still Shelly would hear them:

{Wait…we weren't speaking that loud were we? There was no one around…how’d she hear us?}

The question was quickly filed away, probably to be asked later. At least that's how it felt like to her.

"I... I might be able to help you remember. I don't know if what I do would do the same for you..." Shelly concluded.

“Yeah, we remember everything, just like you described.” Colin asserted.

{Hmm. Indeed. What do you do?} Colin thought, wondering about Shelly's powers. Tony did provide her with a 'fake inhibitor collar' after all.

“But the others don’t.” Tony made sure to point that out about their other friends. They didn't seem to have the same recollection they did of the 'past'.

“Some details begin to fade and become harder to recall the longer we stay... here…” Colin said shaking his head, “So we might just end up like the others, eventually.” He chuckled dryly, then shrugged, clearly not comforted by that idea.

“Still working on that.” Tony interjected while he drove, and Colin playfully rolled his eyes.

“We couldn’t say much in front of the others, I hope you didn’t mind it much.” The redhead intoned amiably as the ride continued on.

Zero G
    White Star Safe Zone, Debriefing

"Do you want to talk about the sentinel? I am not an expert on them, but if you show me the images I can tell you what it was doing..."

Zara’s words hung in the air for a moment, as if presented for inspection. That was probably not her intention.

A soft click was heard as new images began to appear on the large viewing screen; not to one or two, but many images of Zara battling the Sentinel were now on display, all from different angels, both near and far.

“That’s just it, agent.” Delphi stated simply. “There are too many images of you fighting the Sentinel, clearly taken by nearby security cameras.”

“You were fortunate to have encountered an older model Sentinel that should have been decommissioned already." Delphi pointed out, before pressing on."We do understand it was your first training mission, and we are very glad you are well, especially thanks to the Morlocks."

Delphi's expression softened enough to be noticed, but the moment was short lived. There was a job to do. Nothing personal.

"Logistics is still processing all pertinent data to determine the actual impact to our operations in regards to variances in risk factor, and especially to you.”

“You’re basic training will continue with Agent 77, but an additional member will be added to provide an ‘enhanced’ training experience.” Advisor Sethlan smoothly put in. “The new addition is still under consideration at this time.” The man informed in a cool and efficient manner.

“Do you have any further questions?” He asked after a beat.

“Either of you?”

He added, glancing over to Agent 77.

Tag: @Kurisan @TheAdmiral

OOC: Quick mini-updates this week ( others to come ). Workload in RL has increased. Ugh. so…yeah.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  11. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Helena Schwartz (Agent 77)
    Under Grand Central Station

The mention of her name took her out of her reverie. She was going to train someone. That was new. Before all this lunacy she had been just another SHIELD Agent. Relatively good at her job, but nothing special. Not like Agent May or Coulson and their team. Though she had taken parts in missions along some of the Avengers, but that was different.

Training someone was a big responsibility. Especially in their line of work. That meant the difference between life and death. Her trainee seemed capable enough, so at least there was that. Hopefully she would learn what Delphi meant and was required of her.

Helena was thankful there will be another Agent with them. “I have a question.” she started tentatively “What do you mean by enhanced training, from what I can see Zero-G is a capable and skilled Agent?”

TAG: @greyjedi125 @Kurisan

12. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    [Inspired, edited, approved, by the wonderful @greyjedi125 ]

Zara Chang

Debriefing, White Star Safe Zone

The White Star agents brought up a succession of images showing Zara’s struggles against the Sentinel. Zara shivered, reliving each impact and blast. It was chilling to see how close behind her it had always been, as she desperately twisted and turned.

“That’s just it, agent,” said Delphi. “There are too many images of you fighting the Sentinel, clearly taken by nearby security cameras.”

It sounded like a reprimand and Zara stared at the ground. What else could I have done?

Delphi offered some softer words, but then said, "Logistics is still processing all pertinent data to determine the actual impact to our operations in regards to variances in risk factor, and especially to you.”

Zara looked up in alarm. Increased risk to me? She wondered what could possibly be a greater risk. She had battled a Sentinel (albeit an allegedly old and less capable model), and she had encountered the most powerful meta-human she had known since… well, since Shi Leung.

Shi Leung

The name, and then his face, slid into her thoughts and unlocked a dusty, infrequently disturbed box of memories deep in the basement of her mind.

[​IMG]

Back to her childhood… The gymnastics training… When they saw her talent she was taken by the Olympic training program, and life became harsher…

[​IMG]

Zara remembered when her powers first awakened. She was required to perform a backflip somersault from a standing position. They wanted her to do it much younger than the others. Every day she practiced. If she failed, she was beaten. Then one day…

[​IMG]

It was like she had found a new muscle within her mind, to make herself lighter to perform the task. The next day it was easier. By the end of the week, she could do a double backflip. Within six months she could leap up and touch the ceiling of the high practice arena. How do you do it? they had demanded again and again. How could she explain? It was like focusing your eyes on a distant object, or tensing a specific muscle. If she concentrated, she could release her body from the invisible grip of gravity, she could feel it peeling away.

[​IMG]

Shi Leung had been on the same program. A huge, powerful boy even as a young teenager. They were going to put him in both the wrestling and weightlifting events. His meta-powers also awakened. He was also snatched away by the DCMH.

Zara and Leung found themselves thrust together into a frightening world of espionage and assassins and super powers they did not fully understand. They found solace in each other’s arms.

He was her first love.

Zara learned martial arts and this unlocked her ability to reverse the effect and channel gravity bursts into her blows. They tried making ultralight guns and blades for her, but in the end, the only weapons that did not interfere with her skills were her bare hands and feet. Shi Leung increased in power exponentially. But the extra training for Leung involved some kind of lizard serum and it reacted badly with the potent steroids he had also been given on the Olympic program. It happened gradually, but he slowly changed and became… Zara shuddered at the memory… a psychopath.

[​IMG]

Where once his powerful embrace had been protective and gentle, it became desirous and possessive.

And then the final transformation had occurred on him. Zara tried to blink away the memory, realising Agent Sethlan was now speaking to her. An enhanced training experience was proposed. She nodded understanding, but the memory lingered, the regret. To this day she believed it was not his fault – it was the Chinese government that turned him into a monster.

“Do you have any further questions?” said Sethlan.

Zara wondered why Leung had come into her mind just now. Then she knew the answer. Psion. Zephyr.

There had been other boys after Leung, when Zara had come to America. But they were just a cover. She was instructed to date as part of normal campus life at Stanford. But she could never completely open up to them or let them know who she really was. She really did like many of them. She enjoyed the restaurants, bars, bowling alleys, movie theatres, but avoided invitations to their dorms and never took them back to hers. House parties were perilous. She loved dating Tom the basketball player and watching the varsity games, appreciating the air time they achieved. But he had passed her to his teammates and they seemed to feel they were entitled to her.

Eventually, inevitably, every boy had become frustrated and dumped her.

Zara had given up on a normal life and finding love. Until she had met Psion. Because he was like her. She could be totally herself with him and hold nothing back. And he was amazing, and he was very cool. After Leung and Tom, Zara did not like the big musclebound types. Psion was intellectual sexy.

“Either of you?” said Sethlan, the silence lingering.

Zara stowed away the memories in their box in her mind and locked it again. She needed to concentrate on the present. However, a little part of her heart acquiesced to a realisation she had not made until now. She really wanted to see Psion again.

She opened her mouth to speak, hesitated. Anything she could ask would be revealed as soon as the next training phase began..

“No questions,” she said...

TAGS: @TheAdmiral @Ameteth (mentioned, pined for...)

13. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Zephyr Vaillancourt
    NYC, en route to Hideout

The ride home was comfortable and quiet, Zephyr ordered the Hummer EV SUV from his family’s usual ‘car service’ mostly for the leg room and relative privacy afforded by the tinted windows.

He was willing to endure any objections or looks of disapproval from Blue, they were just too far ‘uptown’ to walk or bike and the subway was just out of the question.

The driver had the sound system set to a respectable low volume with some pretty good EDM that had the distinct vibe of European mix-masters.

Zephyr leaned back and relaxed against the comfortable seat in relative silence, none of them spoke, the day's proceedings probably weighing heavy on their minds.

The superhero life was getting real serious now and it was no longer a hobby, or at least that illusion had completely evaporated.

Blue had always treated the work with great seriousness but perhaps his healing factor was enabling his recklessness and also making him an indefatigable crusader of justice, he never seemed to actually grow tired.

Lately the work often brought them to life and death situations, and going forward it was almost certain that they would be imperiled with greater frequency.

Looking out the window, Zephyr tried to grasp at the duality of living in the present day. The ‘PH’ balanced, or ‘Pure Humans’ were to live in relative comfort and freedom, while those born with abilities were to register and serve as tools….or perish. This wasn’t a model for Order or Freedom…this was a model for Control…Doom’s control.

A small sigh escaped the young meta-human’s lips. He could feel his power responding to his passion, his indignation. The present state of affairs had robbed him of his parents and his first best friend and he was determined to help in dismantling this terrible system and brining back his loved ones. But how far would he go to accomplish this?
    And what about other threats…meta’s like Mallen or the Claw Hunters…or even the Malformed themselves, how best to handle these evils.

The one thing that felt right in all this was the decision to join White Star, the road to his ultimate goals started there.

Zephyr mentally steeled himself with determination, he would not be swayed from this path.

Rolling his shoulders to release some tension, he made a mental note to continue his meditation exercises as instructed by Master Tan, it was important for him to remain centered and in control of himself and his abilities.

Casey’s voice snapped him out of his reverie and back to the here and now.

Zara's cute.’ She said, looking at Blue and Zephyr. "She dresses nice...a lot like you."

Zephyr blushed deeply, feeling suddenly exposed and singled out. He wasn’t very good at disguising his emotions from his friends, especially when he liked a person and agent Zero-G had left quite a good impression. She was martially adept, physically disciplined, beautiful, stylish and kind hearted…and beautiful.

“We probably like the same designers?” he said smiling sheepishly and blushing some more.

‘I do hope we get to meet her again.’

“Yes, so do I.” The onyx haired youth agreed wistfully.

‘She was good,’ Blue added, sounding non-committal.

“So...we can order in, from various places and have our own banquet tonight or…” Zephyr suggested, effectively changing the subject in hopes to avoid turning beet red.

“…Casey, you and I can cook something up…we may need to order some ingredients anyway.”

“I want to close the day on a good note!”

Leaning in, Zephyr suddenly grabbed his two friends in a group hug. Even if it was awkward, he wanted to have this moment of friendship and unity in this present reality. The future felt more uncertain with each passing moment, but together they would get through it fine, as heroes.

TAG: @greyjedi125 , @galactic-vagabond422, @Kurisan *mentioned

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  14. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline & Casey
    NYC

Casey couldn't help her smile as she watched a bit of color rush to Zephyr's cheeks. It was nice to see him flustered, to see him be human. After displaying his god like powers, it was nice to know that it hadn't gone to his head. She had to stifle a laugh as he talked about liking the same designers. It was a light moment of teasing between friends, something to break up the dread and fear she'd been feeling.

Blue however arched a brow, seeing Zephyr's sheepish reaction pieces started to fall into place for him. There was so much he wanted to say, so much that he needed to say. There was a pain in his chest, one of old memories. He could see faces, and he knew names, Alison, Charlotte, these names hurt him.

"So...we can order in, from various places and have our own banquet tonight or…" their flustered friend very smoothly changed the subject. "…Casey, you and I can cook something up…we may need to order some ingredients anyway."

"That could be a challenge," Casey said, "Make something with just what we have in the kitchen." The prospect of making dinner made her smile a little more. Having something else to focus on, other than her being a threat, or Zara, which made Zephyr a little uncomfortable. It would allow her to control something, to know what she was doing. Having that was the greatest thing in the world.

Out of nowhere Zephyr pulled both of them into a hug. Casey was taken slightly aback, still not entirely used to getting hugs but, after a moment she eased into in putting her arm across Blue's shoulders.

Blue slowly accepted the hug, he had to remind himself that he wasn't alone anymore. Remind himself that he had friends, It had been a year and a half since he met them and still he felt like he kept them at a distance.

Was he just protecting himself from getting hurt, or was he just hurting them?

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Alhambra, Arizona

Shelly had a small smile on her face, but on the inside, she was wondering what was going on? A new power? Did it have something to do about the change of everything else around them? Whatever it was, She was beginning to find it a bit fascinating.

When she mentioned about the cube, she got an interesting response from Colin. So it was them!

{Wait…we weren't speaking that loud were we? There was no one around…how’d she hear us?}

But he didnt say anything more about it. And when she offered to help them remember, they declined, saying that they did remember it all...but then she heard Colin again in her head.

{Hmm. Indeed. What do you do?}

Colin thought, wondering about Shelly's powers. Tony did provide her with a 'fake inhibitor collar' after all. Tony was quick to say that the others didn't remember. Shelly nodded her head. "Yeah, I noticed." Shelly agreed. "When it happened, I was in the car with Marla. She didn't notice a thing. So I just stayed quiet."

“Some details begin to fade and become harder to recall the longer we stay... here…” Colin said shaking his head, “So we might just end up like the others, eventually.” He chuckled dryly, then shrugged, clearly not comforted by that idea.

Still working on that,” Tony interjected while he drove, and Colin playfully rolled his eyes. Shelly shook her head. "I think I got that problem licked. But I don't want to have to find out," she added.

“We couldn’t say much in front of the others, I hope you didn’t mind it much.” The redhead intoned amiably as the ride continued on.

Shelly smiled and nodded. "I understand. I also would guess that this kinda talk would get the wrong type of attention. But I just had to make sure I wasn't going crazy." Shelly sighed softly, mulling over that thought. So, they were heading to a comics shop. That sounded interesting. She also thought about Colins. He wore a collar as well. What did he do?

"What the bigger question is...what can we do?" Shelly shrugged. "We can't be the only ones who noticed the change," she said softly.

-

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Aegis, Blueline & Psion
    Back at the Hideout

The Hummer dropped off the trio several blocks from their actual ‘Hideout’, so they could use a secreted service tunnel. It was a precautionary measure they had taken for over a year now.

Once inside, Doc, of course, was very happy to see his ‘house mates’ return. Zephyr would also find that everything was exactly as they had left it.

[Welcome back, Casey, Blue, Zephyr, I trust your mission was a success?]

Doc had learned to modulate inflections of surprise in his speech and was trying them out for size.

[Is anyone hungry? Should I start to prepare some comestibles? Just let me know what you'd like.], the Hideout A.I. continued.

[Oh, before I forget, Casey and Zephyr, you have an international message from someone named Adam, should I display it? Blue, you have a message from Lourdes marked as ‘private’.]

Doc seemed to ‘hum’ happily now that everyone had returned back safely. He wasn’t worried at all because….well, he couldn’t experience worry, but he could learn.

Tag: @Ameteth, @galactic-vagabond422

Shelly VanKasser
    Alhambra, Arizona

"...what can we do?" Shelly said with a shrug. "We can't be the only ones who noticed the change," she intoned softly.

Tony regarded her from the rear-view mirror and offered a hopeful answer.

“I’m trying to contact some people through ‘back channels’. I seriously hope they still remember; one of them has ties to the Baxter……..”

A loud blaring and honking horn caught all their immediate attention. An Eighteen Wheeler Transport was fishtailing out of control, as it was narrowly avoiding a man who'd suddenly ran into the highway. Tony tried to break defensively and steer away from the arc of impact, but it was too late!

The collision would total their car and kill them all on impact, except - Colin was on board.

Colin’s hand was stretched forth and white circles rotated in his palm, some clock-wise, others counter clockwise, while others remained still.

Everything was still, as if frozen in place -frozen in time. The front end of Tony’s car was smashed inward, the airbags were just beginning to deploy and pieces of shattered windshield already began to shower them.

But they just hung motionless in the air.

“Is everyone, alright?” Colin asked. There was a slight ambient trail to his voice.

“I’m Ok.” Tony’s voice resounded. His voice also carried the strange trailing effect. The door on the driver's side was twisted open and he was already outside, surveying the damage.

“How about you, Shelly?” He asked, bending down to look in after her. Colin looked back to Shelly and mouthed the words, 'careful', as he too began to move-out of the time-frozen car.

A Rural Home in Virginia

No one was sure how the fire started. Some said they’d heard an explosion, but reports were conflicting. The Fire Department came as soon as they were able, but it seemed they were too late. The home of Mona and Elijah Bellascort had burned to the ground. Police investigators were at the scene trying to piece together what could have happened.

From the look of things, there was evidence of a powerful explosion, but they had yet to find the couple’s burnt remains. Another troubling fact was that they'd made several calls reporting a ‘vagrant’ or possible ‘prowler’ around their property. They said the man seemed ‘deranged’. It was even possible that he could've been a ‘malformed’. These days, none could be too sure.

But now there were only questions.

“Is there a next of skin that we should inform?”

“Yes, I believe they had a son that lives in New York.”

“Alright, someone get his contact information and make the call.”

No Tag: *( @The Jedi in the Pumas , mentioned/ Tag pending )

Agent Zero G & Agent 77
    White Star Safe zone, Undercity

“I have a question.” Agent 77 started tentatively.

“What do you mean by enhanced training, from what I can see Zero-G is a capable and skilled Agent?”

Agent Delphi nodded and smiled to both Zero- G and Agent 77, almost as if pleased that the question had been asked.

“You are correct, 77, Zero-G is quite capable, but she has yet to acclimate herself on how to work effectively in a Team setting, and what level of performance is expected from her. That’s where ‘enhanced training’ comes in, which simply means, we will be scheduling additional training sessions in our Danger Room, where the two of you and your additional instructor will expedite Zero G’s readiness.”

Delphi gave a slow nod as if congratulating them.

“Despite a rough beginning, we are excited to welcome Zero-G as an active member of White Star. Her ability to think quickly on her feet and solve ‘in the moment’ problems is a skill that is not easily taught, and she already has a head-start in that department. Getting her ‘basic training program’ fulfilled has become our focus.”

An unguarded smile finally blossomed on Delphi’s face as she regarded the pair.

“If there’s nothing else, please consider yourselves dismissed.”

Advisor Sethlan smoothly took a few steps forward and offered an object he had in his hand to Zero-G.

“Here you go agent. This is a temporary comlink while you're here. It will grant you access to clearance-appropriate areas as well as lead you to your assigned quarters. Consider the rest of the day as ‘Free-Time’. The same goes for you Agent 77. Since you two are a Team now, do take time to get acquainted.”

The Advisor offered a respectful salute to both agents, before turning to speak with Agent Delphi. The doors to the audience room were now open and the two agents were for the time being, on their own.

Tag: @Kurisan, @TheAdmiral

Daken
    HAMMER HQ, N.Y.
    Combat Arena-1, Sub-Level 3

The Elite Combat Arena was the size of a gigantic warehouse, and was set to 'sparring and calisthenic' mode. The soldiers that now sparred were full contact participants, but none where on Daken’s level. He could tell with a mere glance. Of course, he could also tell there was more to the morning exercise, because he could smell her here.

”That little comm said I should be here, so I guess we should see what fun is to come.” Daken stated to the room in general.

“Indeed.” Came a voice from above. Lord Stryfe was descending from his lofty perch and Force Commander Moonstone trailed a ‘step’ behind.

All the Elite combatants stopped as two other figures made their way into the arena. Taskmaster, who was their warmaster trainer and Reaper, a designated ‘champion’.

“Glad you could make it.” Moonstone said in welcome as she touched down on the ground.

Taskmaster made a hand signal and all other combatants began to clear the arena.

As expected, Taskmaster had his Sword and Shield at the ready, while Reaper had his Scythe. The two men moved closer to the group, Taskmaster being the only one who offered Daken a subtle nod.

“I hope you find the warm-up….’adequate’.” Stryfe said with a half smile, then slowly turned, his silver armor glinting and his red cape overpowering the field of vision.

From a door at the far end, five growling figures appeared. Daken would immediately recognize them as ‘Claws’.

The five feral mutants, all clones of wolverine, took several tentative steps, then began to run, then bound at the gathered group, claws 'popping' as they neared. Their intent was clear as day.

Stryfe’s smile widened with a touch of amusement as he stood his ground. Moonstone levitated about a meter off the ground and emitted a glowing nimbus around herself. Taskmaster bounded to the left in an attempt to draw one to Claws to himself, while Reaper did the same and moved to the right.

Within moments, Daken would find himself locked in combat with ‘dear old dad’ once again.

And this was just the warm-up.

Tag: @darthbernael (combo)

@Jedi_padawan_leigh *(continuing combo)

@Mitth_Fisto *( on hold until combo is complete )

@Darth_Elu *( continuing combo )

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  17. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline & Casey
    Zephyr's hideout

They arrived and Casey let out a breath, they were finally home, finally in a place she felt safe. Well safe enough given the circumstances. Doc greeted them though he seemed to have a bit of a surprised tone to him. Did he assume that we would not make it back? The world was dangerous but to have an AI think you wouldn't return put a slightly cold feeling into her heart. It was quickly erased when she heard Doc offer to make them food.

"No I think we'll prepare it ourselves tonight." She called out, it would be nice to do something for herself, and for her teammates. She could finally take control of something. As she started washing her hands, taking off her sweater and hanging in up, she heard about a message from Adam. It was nice of him to think of them after he was whisked away on the Wakandan jet.

"Yeah play it Doc."

It was immediately followed by something that took both heroes by surprise.

[Blue, you have a message from Lourdes marked as ‘private’.]

Blue could feel his heart slam against his ribs. Casey looked over her shoulder, her mask pulled back and resting at the base of her neck. She could see her friend's face blanch. Blue, the man that would throw himself in front of a bullet without a second thought, that would face a monster head on without taking a second to think about it, the fearless leader, got all nervous when a message came through for him, from the cute girl from the shop down the way.

It was an odd moment and a rare one, Blue be nervous. He tried to play it off turning away and walking to his room but he couldn't hide the red that was growing on his face as he moved to his room.

"Send it to my com…" He said disappearing into his room locking the door behind him. Her, why did it have to be her? He put his back against his door. His stomach roiled with so many feelings so many things that he couldn't keep straight. Was he excited to hear from her, did he dread what she had to say, was he afraid of how he would react? He didn't know, and that only made things worse. Taking a breath he tried to calm down, it was just a message, that's all it was. He needed to calm down.

Casey looked to Zephyr then to Blue a slight smile on her face. Zephyr wasn't the only one dealing with some feelings.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  18. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Beginning a Multi-Part Combo with the almighty GM, @greyjedi125!

Chief Daisy Johnson & Deputy Chief Cameron Giles IC:
    ~Meeting Room/Daisy's Little Slice of White Star Heaven~

The lighting in the room grew dim as the briefing officially began.

The world map hung seemingly in mid-air, showing all seven landmass; Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antartica, Europe and Australia. There were a plethora of icons, flags and symbols all through the map, each with a special designation. Not to mention the scrolling data within each region.

[Where would you like to begin?] Agent Lane asked with casual ease.

Daisy looked over at Cameron and gestured for him to start things off, while adding a wink for effect.

Cameron gave a small laugh. "Oh, I won first draw, did I?"

He studied the world map, the symbols displayed, and attempted to catch what he could from the scrolling data without straining his head which felt a decent amount better.

"Well, let's just keep to our own neighborhood first and then expand out, shall we?" He motioned to the very continent they resided in.

"North America, Agent Lane. Thank you."

The holographic screen shimmered and a sectionalized image of ‘North America’ was displayed, followed by an enumeration of icons, geographical points of interest and other pertinent data.

A soft chime sounded, indicating that Agent Lane was about to begin.

[As you you know, the U.S. is the ‘de facto’ leader of the west and its policies are reflected in all allied nations. Though based in the U.S, H.A.M.M.E.R’s influence extends internationally through the U.N. and NATO accords. They are tasked to safeguard allied nations, but in reality are a policing tool of governmental policy-makers who are facilitators for Latveria.

In North America, Alaska has the lowest incidence of the Malformed Virus, which notably, does not take well to extremely cold temperatures. Both Alaska and Canada have do have small and largely ineffective anti-establishment resistance cells in their major cities. We are based here, in the U.S. and have cells in roughly most major U.S. cities, although statistics do change on a daily basis.

A Note of Interest: The last metahuman A-lister and Omega Level mutant on record, that being Blue Marvel, has relocated and added his considerable might to the Kingdom of Wakanda for about a year now. He declared the move as his formal protest against the current political establishment. Moving on...

Accoding to the latest data, Mexico is plagued by crime, Malformed infestations and drug-cartels peddling weapons as well as MGHderivatives. ’Metamin’ being the ‘most stable’ of them, is the one found almost entirely in the U.S. black market. The cheaper and more volatile version, ’Kraze’, is marketed in Europe for the most part.

The Caribbean areas are likewise afflicted by Malformed Infestation, however, the practice of ‘Voo Doo’ mysticism has risen considerably in many island nations of that area.]

Agent Lane paused momentarily to give the two Daisy and Cameron a moment to digest the information being shared or ask any questions they might have at that moment.

Cameron frowned as he listened in. American facilitators to Latveria? More talk of this...Malformed Virus, which notably didn't take well to the cold. Cells everywhere, which was not surprising at least. Yet...

"Blue Marvel left the U.S.?" he asked rhetorically in a hushed voice. There really was something strange going on. Too much. Just too much and they had only gotten started.

"I want more information on the Malformed Virus. What can you tell me, Lane? Follow that up with any intel on Metamin and Kraze, while we're at it. Any other MGH variations we should note?"

He was also curious about the rise in Voo Doo in the Caribbean, though it had always been present in the region, but decided not to throw a billion questions at once.

Daisy tried to keep the bewilderment she was experiencing from her face, but she wasn’t sure if she was succeeding. To say that what she was hearing only confirmed that this was not what she remembered, just made the surreal sensation almost too much to handle, but she was too well trained to allow that to shatter her focus.

But it was darn close.

It was probably Agent Lane’s casual delivery what made it feel even more surreal.

[Of course] Lane said, in acknowledgement to Cameron’s request.

[There are two theories regarding the Malformed Virus. The first supposes the virus was created in a lab, likely by any of the world super-powers capable of creating bio-weapons.The second sites the death of a meta, a metamorph to be specific. It is theorized that at the moment of his death, the meta transformed into the Malformed virus as his final act of retribution. We believe the truth lies somewhere in between. It is likely that a lab technician who was a metamorph was infected with the virus, or perhaps it was a metahuman being used as a test subject.

As you can probably imagine, the study of the Malformed Virus is extremely dangerous. The few successful independent studies corroborate on a common component: a metamorphic genome. Further more, an obscure supplementary report goes on to name the Malformed Virus as one of Apocalypse’s Horsemen, that being Pestilence. The report is, of course, unconfirmed, but worth noting.]

A brief but necessary pause was given to digest the new information.

[Mutant Growth Hormone or MGH was once a controlled substance, but it has now reached the hands of Labs run by Criminal Organizations. Pure MGH must be administered intravenously, but a cheaper variety can be administered orally. ‘Metamin’ is distributed here in the Americas, but it is mostly prevalent in Northern America as supply and demand is greater. Many are willing to risk their lives to acquire temporary, or in some cases permanent ’super powers’. Unfortunately, if the subject carries no X-Gene, the resulting mutation has a 99.89% likelihood to be fatal. For those with the X-Gene, risk of fatality is greatly reduced, however X-Gene compatibility then becomes the focus issue.

Our intel to date suggests that ‘Kraze’ is likely being produced in Germany and Russia, though there might be other minor labs hidden throughout the E.U.

’Kami’ pills are prolific in japan, but their potency is greatly diluted and have been observed to produce very minimal and transient changes. ‘Shin’ variants are prohibitively expensive and are a higher grade than ‘Metamin’, but fall short of the Intravenous grade.]

Daisy looked at Cameron and for a fraction of a second, wished more than anything else that they would both wake-up back in her office. Maybe they someone had drugged their morning coffee. A heartbeat later, she understood that they didn't have such luck - not this time around.

[What else would you like to know?]

Cameron allowed the brief exchanges of expression with Daisy to mutually communicate what they were experiencing. How did any of this stuff happen? It was either a nightmare they couldn't wake up from or they had pulled into some kind of parallel world or something. They were the only explanations he had for the time being.

And neither were promising. Add in mention of the Horseman, Pestilence, and the nightmare seemed all too real. He was sitting in this chair, listening to all this after all.

Without any outside signs given, he quietly pinched his leg under the desk. Yep. He felt it.

"What's with the rise in Voo Doo in the Caribbean, Lane?" he sighed heavily before re-assuming his professional composure.

[Our own data is inconclusive on that end, but experts in the mystic arts have concluded that ‘entropic and necromantic magic’ have increased world wide, and practitioners in that area of North America have taken to the craft with near abandon. Some have even suggested such practices have had a marginal, yet inexplicable success against the Malformed Virus.]

Cameron glanced at Daisy.

"Looks like we might have to contact a specialist in that department so we can start getting substantial leads on that particular madness..." Clearing his throat he nodded to her, "Go ahead. Your turn. Where in the world...?"

He jokingly spoke the question to the beat of Carmen Sandiego, as he waited for her to make the next selection.

Tag: Agent Lane @greyjedi125

19. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Zara Chang
    White Star Safe zone, Undercity

[​IMG]

Agent 77 seemed to challenge her need for training, which surprised Zara. She was not sure upon what 77 had based that comment, and took it cautiously as a compliment. She did not want to be a burden to the older woman, either.

The White Star officials explained her need for higher levels of performance, which was quite alarming. She had only just escaped by the skin of her teeth from her last encounter. Maybe that is the problem. She wondered what the mysterious additional instructor had planned for her.

But then, suddenly, they were dismissed! Zara blinked.

Sethlan stepped forward and offered her a wristband with a tiny comlink. Zara’s hand darted up to her ear.

“Oh, I forgot! The ear-bead is gone…” she knew exactly when that had happened. A crash after plummeting off the Hudson Yards Building and having half its superstructure almost land on top of her…

She accepted the bracelet guiltily and slipped it onto her wrist. Keep this one safe.

Sethlan explained its use then said, “Consider the rest of the day as free-time. The same goes for you, Agent 77. Since you two are a Team now, do take time to get acquainted.”

Then the doors were open and they were, well, free…

Zara glanced nervously at Agent 77. She tried a little grin, not sure how to start. Do they just go for coffee?

“Hi, I’m Zara,” she tried, not sure if she had already said that. A thought came to her. “Oh, sorry, but could you help me? I want to see Agent Cross. Do you know where he might be?”

TAG: @TheAdmiral @greyjedi125

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Alhambra, Arizona

It happened so fast. Shelly was in the back seat, talking to Tony who was driving when a loud horn caught their attention. What happened next was breathtaking.

An Eighteen Wheeler Transport was fishtailing out of control, as Tony tried to break defensively and steer away from the arc of impact, but it was too late! Shelly started to lean forward, to blink them out of the car, but Colin held out his hand...

Her eyes grew wide, as something seemed to come from the palm of his hands, moving like the gears in a clock. And then.... nothing.

Everything was still as if frozen in place -frozen in time. The front end of Tony’s car was smashed inward, the airbags were just beginning to deploy and pieces of shattered windshield already began to shower them.

But they just hung motionless in the air.

“Is everyone, alright?” Colin asked. There was a slight ambient trail to his voice. Shelly's face had paled, looking at the shards of glass and the airbags not moving. A grunt was the only sound she could make.

“I’m Ok.” Tony’s voice resounded. His voice sounded weird. Distorted. He had already stepped out of the car, she had off-handly noted. This was both terrifying and cool. Seeing the bits of glass hanging in the air was a bizarre sight, to put it mildly.

“How about you, Shelly?” Tony asked, bending down to look in after her. Colin looked back to Shelly and mouthed the words, 'careful', as he too began to move-out of the time-frozen car.

She made a small sound. NOW, Shelly felt a bit of fear. Careful, in regards to what? The frozen bits of flying debris she needed to avoid, or something else? But since she did not know how long he could hold time back, Shelly moved as if she was standing in an electrified area, and doing her best to stay out of the path of anything that might be in motion once time fell back into play. She moved as quickly as she could, to get out of the car, and once she did, she moved a bit away from the car, to make sure she was not in its path when time returned.

Her knees and body shook, as she tried to gather herself. As a sudden afterthought, she quickly checked her neck, to see if that cursed thing was still in place, and then looked to check on Colin as well. Because she figured that an accident would most likely be reported quickly. And that could mean, Sentinals.

The thought made her breathe even harder, as she tried to calm herself. What was scarier? What just happened, or what might happen next?

"Ugh."

Ameteth, Darth_Elu, Kurisan and 3 others like this.
  21. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Helena Schwartz (Agent 77)
    Under Grand Central Station

The girl, Zara, seemed to be daydreaming or lost in thought for a moment there. That made Helena frown for a second, maybe they should work on that too. Such activities come after the debriefing or the mission were done, not during. Agent 77 was not surprised that she did not have questions, good save, when you are distracted like that it is best to pretend that you don’t have anything to ask, that way you don’t risk being exposed.

Helena listened to the explanation of her task. It sounded straightforward enough, but if White Star was anything like SHIELD there would be more things that will be revealed during the training. She kind of wondered whether it was Nick Fury who was pulling the strings of the organization. Expect anything, trust no one…

She returned the salute and relaxed. Free time. Helena both liked and hated such moments, at least when she was at the office. You never knew when you would have to be snatched back to work, so you could never properly relax. So what now?

Zara seemed to be having an idea of her own. Helena blinked “I can check and then take you to him?” she tilted her head slightly.

TAG: @Kurisan @greyjedi125

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Blueline, Casey & Zephyr
    The Hideout

The smells and sounds of Casey’s cooking, Zephyr helping plus ambient music of their choice filled the room.

Doc had obliged and played Adam’s recorded message.

The young boy was laughing and waving both his arms at the camera as if he were waving from ‘far way’ even though he was close.

“Casey! Psion! Look!!” He said enthusiastically. “I’m flying!!”

Immediately below his standing form, the rushing canopy of a forest could be seen speeding below his feet. When the green trees suddenly fell away and a wide and vast river was revealed- and Adam did not immediately fall in- both Casey and Zephyr would understand that he was actually standing on a recessed section that allowed for Real-Time Holodynamic Display of the outside environment.

The aircraft he was on was the one flying over a forest. The fact that he was allowed to send the encrypted message also meant that he was getting very close to his destination.

At that moment, Adam turned to look past the camera and his eyes grew wide in astonishment.

“Wow…..” he breathed in amazement. Then someone off-camera caught his attention and he nodded several times.

“Ok, Ok, I gotta go, but I just wanted to say Thank you!!!! I’ll try you again later.”

He then gave a wide smile before the message faded to black.

Meanwhile,

Blueline was listening to a different message in the privacy of his room; a message from Lourdes.

It was evident that she had been crying and was sending this message from her room.

“Hey, Azulito, how are you?” She said, smiling weakly, clearly fighting off tears and putting on a brave face.

“Sorry to call you like this, I don’t want to pester you but...I’m not sure what to do.”

She took a breath trying to settle herself and looked away for a moment while absently wiping away a tear.

“I….uhm…..I…ah…..uhm…” She sighed and closed her eyes for a brief second, gathering a moment of calm. Then she just came out with it.

“I think Gustavo is dealing in Metamin.” she declared and looked straight at the camera.

“He has all this money and thinks he’s a big deal now, but I don’t care about that. He’s dealing from the Bodega. Papa already told him to take his ‘business’ elsewhere, but he won’t listen and his sleepy customers keep coming back. If H.A.M.M.E.R. finds out, they will close us down permanently!!”

Her calm expression broke and both her hands came up to cover her face. She quietly sobbed into them until she was able to once more raise her red eyes to the camera.

“What should I do? help me Azulito…help me and Papa.”

A sound seemed to catch her attention as she looked away, then reached her hand to end the message.

Silence once again filled Blue’s room.

Tag: @Ameteth, @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline & Casey
    Zephyr's hideout

Casey smiled and let out a bit of a laugh seeing Adam's exuberance. It was good to see that he was having fun. Though a part of her was getting a bit of vertigo watching the trees rush by below him. It was like an amusement park ride. Casey wasn't very good with those, she can remember being a young girl and holding onto her father's chest as they rode a wooden roller coaster. She took in a breath as the forest fell away leaving only a wide river. From what she knew of coms and the like he wouldn't be calling unless he was close to his destination. It felt good to have helped to have gotten him out of the city and to somewhere safer.

His enthusiasm was infectious, his wide eyed wonder reflecting in her. Part of her wished she could see what he was looking at. It have that same wonder, it would be better than the hum of despair that held in the world she lived. She thought about the underground, a place that made her look with wonder. She'd like to visit again if they get the chance. Though that would rely on her friends, and her agreeing, which so far, has seemed next to impossible. Blue seemed wrapped up in something, something that made him more, reckless.

"Good to see Adam having fun." She said to Psion, turning back to a sort of stir-fry she was making. They had a few random vegetables and a bit of meat left in the fridge. They would have to buy more but that could be later. While she wasn't starving, it would keep and they had several durable containers to potion it out. Given Blue's habit of going out at a moment's notice, having a few ready to go meals at the ready was a godsend. Made sure they ate something as they went out on patrol or deal with a developing situation. And Blue was a bottomless pit sometimes, she supposed his healing had to come from somewhere, it wasn't like he was some magic meat machine...that thought made her feel just little sick. Shaking her head she turned back to her work, her hair held back by the blue bandana she used to cover her face. She got why Blue liked them so much, very useful.

Back in Blue's room he watched the message. He could see she had been crying, a bit of a sheen on her cheeks and red eyes were a give away. Then her voice weak and slightly cracking. He did everything he could to not let his heart feel the pain she was expressing, but that was a losing battle. As he locked eyes with her's through the camera he could see the determination in her eyes, but the fear in them as well. Something had her spooked.

And she was right to be afraid, H.A.M.M.E.R was not to be trifled with. The store was everything to her and her father. If that was taken away because of one guy that couldn't find another street corner, it would be a blow to the neighborhood. And to her. He couldn't help that righteous fury burning away in him, the fervor to bring swift justice on Gustavo. However he'd dealt with enough of these operations that just scaring the dealer wasn't enough, he needed to cut off the supply. It wasn't going to be as simple as beat up guy guy stops hanging around. In fact just beating the snot out of the guy, no matter how satisfying it could be, might make things worse.

Hearing her voice break again, seeing her hide her face worried about what to do broke his heart. He wasn't about to look the other way, though he had to ask himself. Was he doing this to protect a good family that had done great things for him and the neighborhood, or was he doing it to see Lourdes smile again? He knew that he couldn't get close to her, that he shouldn't feel this pain and longing in his heart.

Everyone that had ever gotten this close to him, had died, from his parents, to Allison, to Zeke, all of them were no longer with him.

He slammed his fist against his chest, trying to punish the heart that was running away from him. A tear rolled down his cheek, he had to do this for the right reasons. He was doing this for Ernesto and his family, he was saving an institution, an icon in the area. He was not doing it so he could make one girl happy.

Taking a breath he composed himself turning on a few lights in his room so she could see him. He took a deeper breath putting on a smile, she didn't need his intensity right now, she needed a kind voice.

"Hey Lordes," he said, looking into the camera built into his communicator. "I'm doing alright, thanks for asking." He kept his voice light the smile helping with that, it was the same tone he used when he first met her. "And you're fine, you're not a bother, helping others is what I do." He paused for a moment hopefully letting his words sink in. "What I want you to do is if you see Gustavo again, call me, I'll be right over. Don't engage him, don't antagonize him. I'll handle it." the words tumbled from his mouth before he could stop himself, giving an affirmative answer. Part of him knew he should have said 'I'll see what I can do.' 'I'll do my best to help.' But he couldn't do that, not with her, not with her family's livelihood at risk. "Here's my comm, should be a direct line to me. Call me and I'll come running alright." He smiled, "It's going to be alright, ok, It's all going to be alright." He closed the message hanging his head.

He was doing this to protect the store, to protect her family...this wasn't about her, it wasn't about seeing her smile again.

It wasn't, it couldn't be…

People close to him died...

TAG: @greyjedi125 @Ameteth

24. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Zephyr Vaillancourt
    Hideout, NYC

Zephyr couldn’t stop smiling, nothing beat getting back home and relaxing with family.

At this point, Blue and Casey had become family; for the last year and a half they had shared in so many struggles and challenges and made it back together that there was no other way to describe their bond. These two wonderful and caring souls had filled a vacuum of loneliness created by an upbringing of isolation a secretiveness.

At Casey’s request Doc went on to play the message they had waiting for them.

“Casey! Psion! Look!!” He said enthusiastically. “I’m flying!!”

Adam’s message was a unique joy to receive, his exuberance was contagious.

Zephyr laughed at the clever play on words, of course he was flying or rather being flown. His silver eyes opened wide, taking in the beauty of the forest and the wide expanse of a waterway that suddenly came into view.

"Good to see Adam having fun." He heard Casey say, almost as if reading his mind.

“Yes, it is.” Zephyr replied, an easy smile on his face.

“I’m really glad we were involved in helping them with their goals…I wonder if we’ll be able to visit someday…” his voice trailed off with a note of wonderment as the message came to an end.

“Oh, I’m almost done with these, give me another minute.”

The onions and garlic were not going to chop themselves, and Casey’s stir-fry was ready for the ingredients.
    Zephyr chopped away happily, very content to have something normal and domestic to do, the ‘manual’ labor was almost soothing. Using his powers would have made everything too easy and meaningless and he wanted to avoid that very much. He did keep the organosulfur from the onions from traveling beyond the cutting board, no need for tears before dinner.

Another smile crossed his face as he imagined Blue, the gloomy and stoic fearless leader of all noble vigilantes turning all tender and smoochy as he received his message from Lulu…Lourdes, his pretty unofficial girlfriend.
    The smile quickly faded as he ‘remembered’ that they were still ‘missing’ and very much hiding away from the world at large, they had to keep their distance from the people they loved. Poor Blue, even this opportunity is being denied him, no wonder he threw himself into the job so much.

Pausing for a second, Zephyr looked in the direction of Blue’s room and sighed with both sympathy and concern.

“Does he even have a favorite dish or is he really the omnivore he claims to be?”

He asked Casey with playful mock annoyance as he handed over the chopped spices.

“I hope he’s planning to join us at the table, I’ll get the mead and check the rotisserie while you stir the cauldron.”
    There was a joke in there somewhere. Getting the jugs and decanter, he continued with his mock griping.

“Heroes nowadays…too busy to eat, what’s this world coming to?”

At the moment the villains were far away, almost forgotten; just a few hours of normalcy, that’s all he asked of the Universe.

TAG: @greyjedi125 , @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  25. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline & Casey
    Zephyr's Hideout

She gave a smile watching Zephyr chop the onions, and crush the garlic. There was a wistful look in her friend's eye as he trailed off wondering about if he'd ever get to see where Adam was heading. Given the way their former escort was acting she could bet it was pretty.

"Maybe one day." She replied smiling a little. As Zephyr finished up with the aromatics she noticed her eyes weren't watering even though she was sanding right next to a man cutting onion. Must be some special way he was cutting them, or maybe he was just using his powers to do something about that. There was a moment where she marveled at his luck at getting a power that didn't turn him into a monster. Or at the very least, could have more uses beyond just hitting things really hard when she got scared. It was only a moment, she'd heard enough stories from Zephyr that painted a lonely picture. It took him time to get his power under control. It took time for him to understand his power, to make it so he wouldn't harm anyone. It still stung a little in her heart a little that she felt cursed.

"Does he even have a favorite dish or is he really the omnivore he claims to be?" Casey looked up to see her raven haired friend looking towards Blue's room.

"Put a plate of food in front of him and he'll eat it. Doesn't matter what it is." She knew he could put away food, she had never seen him pass on a plate of food, just so long as you convinced him that he could have it. "He's is infuriatingly simple at times."

She slid the onions and garlic into the dish letting the smell fill the room. A few more folds and stirs and food was ready.

"I'll go get him," She said pulling her bandana off. "And..um...open a cask of ale...or something." She said trying to continue the joke but not sure where to go with it.

Blue sat on the floor, his back against the wall. He was trying to compose himself, get himself back under control. When he closed his eyes he could still see her face, eyes red, her lip quivering. He could still hear her voice cracking in his ears. He couldn't clear his mind, couldn't get her out of his head.

A knock came at his door, he snapped his head around to the sound.

"Hey Blue, food's ready, if you want to...join us," It was Casey's voice sounding through the door. "It'd be nice to sit with you, somewhere other than a cafeteria in an underground facility for a shadowy crime fighting organization." She stood there awkwardly waiting for some kind of reply.

"Sure, give me a bit." He said simply. She couldn't see him wipe his eyes and look up at the ceiling. It wouldn't do for him to be all wrecked after getting a message from Lourdes. Casey had walked away not wanting to loiter outside his room.

A few moments later he came out of the room, and nodded to Zephyr and Casey.

"Hey." He said, taking a seat at the table. "Everything ok with Adam?"

"Hey," Casey replied. It felt kinda nice, all three of them around a table, it was almost like a family dinner. "Yeah, he's doing alright, having a blast."

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.