main
side
curve
  1. Happy Holidays

    Greetings Guest, wishing you a safe and merry holiday season!

    New Interview Programme in the RPR -The Late Show with Shadowsun ~Talks with the RPF~

  2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Drama Marvel Heroes: A New Breed - ~Summer 2020 Best RPG~

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Oct 25, 2019.

  1. Ktala

    Ktala Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Alhambra, Arizona

    Shelly head swiveled between Colin and Tony as she listened to the explanation of what a malformed was. And it was just one. It was a small group of them. Malformed Virus, dormant X genes, and no cure stuck in her head. As Shelly mulled that bit of information over, Tony spoke. “The question is, how do we deal with them? I mean, we now know to avoid the eighteen-wheeler once time is reversed back to normal, but what do we do about the Malformed? If they run into a town…..”

    “….That would be catastrophic.” Colin finished, he then sighed before adding:

    “We’d better figure it out, ‘cause I’ll need to revert us back in a few, or else….”

    Tony nodded, then sighed. Tony and Colin's looked at each other before Shelly walked over closer to Colin'. She wondered what the 'or else was.'

    How about...if we move them? Shelly looked over from where they came from, as far away into the woods that they had come from. She pointed. "What, what if they were way over there, facing the other direction? Do you think they will still try to go into the town?" she asked them.

    But would be a bit difficult. But it was a beautiful day out. The sun was out. There was a chance. She waited to hear their response, knowing that time was short.

    TAG: @greyjedi125

    PS..a combo if ya wanna.
     
    Darth_Elu, Ameteth and greyjedi125 like this.
  2. Mitth_Fisto

    Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 29, 2005
    IC: SGC
    Mystic Masters Sanctum, NYC

    SGC had waited for Tenzin to come out of the circle and seeing the delay in recognition from Tenzin SGC knew that the right choice had been made.

    The young monk offered a weak smile as he walked towards him.

    “And here I thought bringing you to the West might be a good idea…” He said in self recrimination, before lightly shaking his head. “Gather your things, we are heading to the London Sanctum. We must leave as soon as we are able. There is much you must learn and little time for the learning….”

    Noting the pause SGC nodded, "My things are all but with me always. I will grab my satchel with what is not already with me. When would you like the report about what I discovered?" SGC was curious now knowing the dangers how they would deal with them. After all Tenzin's earlier disguise only worked on organics, and the main issue was all the robotics.

    Tag: @greyjedi125
     
    Ameteth, Darth_Elu, Kurisan and 3 others like this.
  3. Shadowsun

    Shadowsun Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jun 26, 2017
    Arthur Sanders
    New York

    How many days, weeks, nay months had gone by? Time had become a long sludge, all fused together. He had long ago lost track of what day it was. Finally he stumbled into the bustling city, his clothes worn and raggedy, his face thin and pale. His skin hung on him like a wet towel on a coat rack. His two hazel colored eyes gazed upward at the splendor of the Empire State Building. It was quite a magnificent sight, to think it was once the tallest building in the world. Arthur wasn't a fan of the bustle and hustle of the city, the loud noises, the strange smells, it was overpowering for the young boy. The light shone down into his eyes, blinding the boy and only further deteriorating any sense of direction he had.

    In a dizzy he continued to walk, gripping his forehead, his fingers tucked into charcoal black hair. His mind throbbed like a dam that was about to burst. Why had he come here? This was such a bad idea. He was likely a wanted man or at the very least the authorities were looking for him. He had to watch his step, if he were apprehend his life was over. Well did that really matter, what life did he have anyway, it was already over. Perhaps it would be a better idea to turn himself in, atone for his sins.

    School, I need to find the school, if I can find them they can take this curse away and everything can go back to normal. Of course deep down Arthur knew that wasn't true, life could never go back to normal, even if these 'mutants' could rid him of these 'powers'. He hadn't asked for anything of this, why him, why couldn't his life be ordinary, dull and boring. That's all he ever wanted.

    He looked by as emergency vehicles rushed by, heading to some disaster. Arthur gripped his ears, the sensations once again being too much for the young boy. He stumbled once more, almost falling onto a tall man, a good heads length taller than Arthur.

    “Watch where you’re going?”

    Arthur gazed up at the man, instinctively recoiling from his touch. He muttered a small apology before trying to move past him. He stopped as a woman address him in turn.

    “You look a bit lost. Are you ok?

    He glanced over the woman, his face rather sheepish as he began to mumble, he just wanted to get out of here, he didn't want to interact with them at all.

    "Yeah, I'm...err...err.. I'm yeah, I'm fine I'm just making, I'm just making my way home" He stumbled over his words, nervously repeating himself again. He gave another look, noting the small 'M' patch on the woman's breast pocket. He wondered vaguely what that stood for. Didn't matter, he shouldn't bother these people, just get out of their hair as quickly as he could.

    “I like what you did to your hair….” spoke the woman. He ignored the comment, even if it was meant to be a compliment. He was too lost in his head. He began to brush by the two as the man spoke again.

    “C’mon kid, you look like you could use a meal. Let’s get you out of the street for a sec.” Arthur stopped, food, his stomach panged in pain. He didn't know these people he should just leave, but the allure of food, he needed it. Accept the food and then leave.

    "Alright" he muttered, following the two as they ushered him into a nearby store. Completely oblivious to whatever the male and female were concerned about, all he wanted in this moment was a good meal.

    TAG: @greyjedi125
     
  4. greyjedi125

    greyjedi125 Chosen One star 5

    Registered:
    Apr 29, 2002
    Daken
    HAMMER HQ, NYC

    Combat Arena-1, Sub Level 3

    “Then you can have mine.”

    It would be the only thing Stryfe would say as he absently waved a hand and shot the Wolverine Clone that had been vainly attempting to penetrate his shield, straight into Daken.

    The ‘Fastball Special’ variant would be recognizable by Daken, as would be the feral growl being emitted by the Claw, who was already in the process of performing an ‘X-Strike’, a powerful technique that required the attacker to simultaneously cross both weapons in an ‘X’ pattern in order to bisect the target.

    Daken had a split second to react before he was suddenly cut in two.

    Stryfe turned ever so confidently and simply observed.

    Moonstone spared a quick glance before returning her attention to her own opponent, which now bounded back towards her with increased speed and ferocity. A smirk began to tug at the corners of her lips, as the thrill of combat surged inside her chest.

    Taskmaster was still keeping up with the Claw he was facing, totally using it as a ‘lethal training dummy’. He was working on improving his footwork, his combat technique and reflexive response time, his kinesiological processes, aerobic and anaerobic efficiencies and so much more. For him this was a good warm up. He could not afford to make a single mistake. Every execution needed to be perfect, every move correctly predicted.

    Behind his mask, he smiled knowingly.

    Despite being a certified expert in combat as well as having passed Taskmaster’s training course, Reaper was not technically in the same level of proficiency. He had subconsciously expected the Wolverine Clone to slow, due to its now impaired healing, but no such thing occurred. These clones also shared Logan’s indomitable spirit.

    The Claw adapted its attacks despite its wounds and managed to score several glancing strikes at Reaper’s sides and arms, especially his forearms. He was now having some trouble holding on to his weapon.

    Reaper grimaced and changed tactics as well. He went in with a strike, but only managed to pin one of the Claws arms in a weapons-lock. The other clawed fist was instantly lodged under his ribs. Reaper groaned in pain, then gritted his teeth as he sent a lethal and powerful electric shock through the clone. Its skin blackened in several areas, smoking as a result, yet it did not weaken or relent.

    Reaper’s eyes flashed in that moment and two things happened.

    Green and red energy from the Wolverine Clone began to wisp through its wounds and flow into Reaper, who’s own injuries were beginning to heal from that process. Not very far, the headless Wolverine Clone which Daken had just killed rose from where its savaged corpse lay, activated its metal claws and began to advanced on Reaper’s opponent.

    “You lose...” he rasped spitefully at the Claw.

    Strangely enough, for a very brief instant, Daken’s mind would immediately recognize that scent around Reaper, almost as if it had spiked from a dormant memory, for a span of a millisecond, only to retreat back into forgetfulness. A thing of a past life.The image of a brownstone apartment becoming even more irrelevant in the face of his present predicament.

    Tag: @darthbernael


    Arthur Sanders
    A chance meeting, NYC

    The man and the woman exchanged glances and a slight nod as they led Arthur into the Empire State Diner, which was ironically, not inside the ‘eponymous’ building.

    The place was a ‘Tourist Trap’, but also provided a much needed service to the always busy city square block. After visiting the famous building, a good meal was very much in order for most tourist, in addition, office workers around the area enjoyed slightly ‘less expensive’ food and service.

    The main floor of the diner was normally always packed, but the trio found a free booth on the second floor. The man and the woman sat opposite each other across the table, and the woman patted the space next to her, indicating where Arthur should sit. He was getting the outside seat, so he wouldn’t feel trapped.

    A friendly waitress was quick to bring a pitcher of water and three clean glasses, which she filled before handing out menus.

    “I’ll be back in a moment.” She said to them with a charming smile.

    The tall man nodded and watched her go, before turning to Arthur.

    [​IMG]

    “You can call me Erg.” He said neutrally, eyeing the boy first, then glancing out the second story window to see if they had drawn any unwanted attention.

    “And I am Brihk.” The woman said with an easy smile, her gaze sympathetic.

    [​IMG]

    “Order anything you want. Go on, don’t worry about it.”

    She nodded slowly in reassurance. Brihk understood the boy’s hesitation, but would not presume him. Trust had to be earned. After a moment, she began to scan the menu for something appetizing and without an insane amount of calories.


    Tag: @Shadowsun ( Combo ? )


    SGC & Tenzin
    Mystic Masters Sanctum, NYC

    "My things are all but with me always. I will grab my satchel with what is not already with me. When would you like the report about what I discovered?"

    Tenzin gave a weak smile, for his student was ever mindful. What he had learned from the meeting with the other Masters had shaken him far more than he realized, given the implications that now ran through his mind.

    He’d never practiced keeping anything from SGC, and he wouldn’t start now. The question was how best to share that information. An idea floated in the back of his mind.

    Moreover, they had not heard back from Larry and by now the 'disguise' spell had certainly worn off. Perhaps a location spell was in order, after the conversation with his pupil, of course.

    Tenzin walked himself to a nearby sitting area and indicated for SGC to join him. He spoke calmly as he sat himself down.

    “Please, tell me all you’ve learned while you were outside, in as much detail as possible. I too have a few things to share afterwards.”

    A soft smile appeared on his face then. Taking one hand on the other, he placed them on his lap and prepared himself to listen to his pupil’s report.


    Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

    ********************************

    Isla Carson
    Mystic Masters Sanctum, London

    Dweomer had remained close by, ‘guarding’ Master Isla’s vulnerable body while she took part in her daily duties, in this case, her conference via Meditation Circle. All proceeded as it should. They all had a part to play and he would perform his part with complete and utmost dedication.

    Once he had determined that her business with the other Masters was concluded, the ‘handyman’ would make a simple inquiry, before she departed the chamber.

    {{Mistress, is it safe to assume we’ll be having guests? Shall I have rooms prepared?}}

    As ever, his voice was calm and soothing inside her mind.


    Tag: @Jedi_padawan_leigh


    Daisy & Cameron
    White Star, Point Nam

    Daisy
    ’s comm vibrated and she was sure Cameron’s had as well. A quizzical look came over her face as she lifted a hand, silently requesting Agent Lane to pause her reporting.

    “I’m getting an alert from the Undercity location. Court of Night….?”

    [Yes, they comprise a powerful group of Nocturnes that visit infrequently now. We can review the various Undercity factions if you wish.]

    “Soon. Do forward an encrypted datalink to my comm.” Daisy said, partially getting up from her seat.

    “…And I want to be notified on anything new relating to Mallen.” She stressed, her gaze now turning to the Deputy Chief.

    “Should we head to the Grand Central Facility or finish our recap?”


    Tag: @Darth_Elu


    Casey, Blueline & Zephyr
    Team Argus Hideout, NYC

    “Guys, we are ready, we can DO this!” Zephyr declared with characteristic exuberance.

    Doc recognized the sound of jubilation and registered the increased sense of unilateral purpose in the three individuals, along with the catalysts. It seemed that Casey, Blueline and Zephyr would finally work together as initially intended.

    [Team Argus it is] He declared simply.

    [Please allow for approximately 137 minutes to secure an effective surveillance network for the detection of Metamin activity.] He announced casually.

    Secretly patching into existing security nets would not be difficult, nor correlating data found in various neighborhood watches, especially once a description of ‘persons of interest’ was provided. A touch of irony would also be present, as ‘watches’ set up by Bounty Hunters and the Sapient League could also be used to this end.

    [Should I prepare a round of carbonated drinks to celebrate?]

    His calculation determined that the newly minted team would be agreeable to this.


    Tag: @Ameteth, @galactic-vagabond422


    @Kurisan, @TheAdmiral, Tags pending

    @The Jedi in the Pumas, continue combo

    Please PM me if I missed anyone :)
     
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  5. Shadowsun

    Shadowsun Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jun 26, 2017
    Arthur Sanders
    Empire State Diner, NYC

    Arthur stepped cautiously behind him, gripping his stomach which rumbled as he followed them into the diner. The smell hit him like a wave, his mouth began to water, his hunger pangs intensified. Oh he was glad he decided to follow them in here.

    He slid into the booth, where the woman, who he would to learn was named Brihk, which he found to be a rather odd name, had indicated. Lifting the glass delicately he brought the straw to his lips, allowing the ice cold water to slide down his parched throat.

    "Nice to meet you Erg and Brihk" his mother had been sure to raise him with proper manners, something still very much baked into his habits. "My name's Arthur". His tone was quiet, and still clearly very shy.

    “Order anything you want. Go on, don’t worry about it.” Sanders brought his eyes to meet with Brihk, growing wide in disbelief.

    "Really?" he whispered, she nodded slowly in reassurance. He looked back down at his menu, looking over the various amazing options that were listed there. His eyes glinted as he came across Empire Special Blend Burger.

    "I...errrr...I think I...I would like the yeah, I would like the Empire Burger... thanks" he mumbled through his words again, his mouth watering at just the thought of it. He put his menu back down, sliding it a couple inches forward, his eyes cast downward, waiting eagerly for his burger.

    TAG: @greyjedi125 (combo, but he really wanted me to post this...lol)
     
    Darth_Elu, Ameteth and greyjedi125 like this.
  6. Kurisan

    Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Apr 26, 2016
    Zero G
    Undercity, White Star Safe Zone

    [​IMG]

    Zara waited patiently, as the last question had been directed at Agent 77. But the taciturn agent seemed determined to keep her silent ways even now.

    For her part, Zara was not too keen to discuss what had happened either. She knew now what that hellish landscape had been - where that monster had come from: her own subconscious. Mallen and the Sentinel she could understand. They had been very real terrors for her, very recently.

    But Shi Leung? She had not thought of him for years. And the last time they had parted, he had been a violent psychopath intent on ripping her apart. The anguished moans of that... thing in her mind, calling her name like that... What was that supposed to mean?

    It was something to keep to herself. These were things Zara Chang knew one always kept to oneself. She was not interested in psychobabble or being dissected, mentally.

    Zara came to realise she was physically unaffected by the "Living Nightmare", as the White Star Agent had put it - perhaps a little fatigued was all. She did not even have any residue of that ecto-slime. None of it had been real.

    And so her thoughts turned to her objective from before the whole episode had commenced. She looked around and realised she was in the infirmary.

    "Please," she said to the Agent, rising from her bed. "Is Agent Nolan Cross somewhere here? I have been meaning to see him..."

    TAG: @greyjedi125 @TheAdmiral
     
  7. Ktala

    Ktala Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: With the GM's blessing!!

    Shelly, Tony & Colin

    Alhambra, Arizona

    "How about...if we move them?" Shelly looked over from where the Malformed came from, as far away into the woods that they had come from. She pointed. "What, if they were way over there, facing the other direction? Do you think they will still try to go into the town?"

    Tony and Colin looked at each other, intrigued by the suggestion.

    "They were pursuing that man and were already in motion, if they suddenly found themselves pointed in the other direction, they'ld probably continued to move on, then become confused whenever they realized there was nothing to chase." Tony informed still looking thoughtful. Colin took that as his turn to speak.

    "Yeah, that would work - for a moment. Cuz they'd still be out there until something or someone else stirred them up. We'd need to let the local you 'know what' know about them, cuz the alternative is not an option."

    Colin then gazed at Shelly with a bit more interest, especially because he realized she was not completely freaking out about being inside a controlled 'Time Zone'.

    "So, moving them. What exactly did you have in mind?" he asked her, his interest quite evident.

    Shelly's head swiveled between Colin and Tony as they both respoded to her question. She didnt want to know what the local 'you know what' was. She had a feeling what he meant, and she didn't want to be around for that. Then Colin looked at her and asked what she had in mind. She smiled.

    "Well....I dunno how if yer time stops thingie works, but hopefully, it dosent interfear with this..." Shelly concentrated, making herself to dissapear using the shadow she was casting, and then blinked herself next to Tony, stepping back out of the shadows. It felt a bit strange, but she concentrated and managed to do it.

    Shelly felt her cheeks warm, not used to using her abilities in front of other people. But she figured it was easier to show than explain it, even if she could. She simply shrugged. "I can do the same with the entire group, Im pretty sure." She shrugged her shoulders, feeling a bit exposed. Hopefully, they woudlnt think any differently about her.

    Eyebrows went high up in surprise from both Tony and Colin, which were followed by smiles. Tony gave a 'knowing' wink in addition. It was a good thing they were wearing their fake collars.

    There was no hesitation or doubt in their voices as they spoke next.

    "That's pretty awesome." Tony stated, seeming pleased that the reveal had taken place.

    "Yeah...." Colin agreed, seemingly caught between admiration and thought.

    "If you think you can do that to the entire group...." He whistled, then glanced at the chronology-gears in his hands, their movements were more noticeable now. "Then now would be a good 'time'." He declared as he stepped to one side.

    "I'll hold us here for as long as I can before we revert. Just turn the Malformed around, nothing else."

    Tony gave a solid nod to Shelly and looked on to were the Malformed threat emerged from the forest. Silently, he hoped for the best.

    With a silent nod, Shelly turned her attention, focusing soley on the group of Malformed. As she concentrated, she realized that there was a lot more of them out there than she had planned, others were still hidden within the treeline. Shelly closed her eyes to mere slits, as she reached out, tapping into the shadows around her. She pooled all the other shadows in the area, drawing them to her. They seemed to puddle under her, and her own shadow deepened as she drew deeper into the shadows. She didnt want to shadow-walk and simply dissapear, leaving Tony and Colin wondering. Shelly reached down, touching the ground. Touching the shadow. Shelly was fully emersed in the taking of moving the mob. Suddenly, streams of black shadows shot out from where Shelly was crouched down like ribbons, and they reached out to all of the Malformed own shadows. A then much larger stream ran out to where she wanted to place them. Not too far from where they had been, but she was accounting for their movement once time went normal once more. She had her shadows reached out to their targets, and she was shocked to find that there were even more within the trees, than they had originally thought. Without breaking her concentration, Shelly spoke softly. "There ... there were a lot more of them out there...A...a lot ....more.." Shelly's fingers touched the cool ground, for a deeper connection. The shadow underneath her seemed to swim and move closer to her as if protecting her.

    As Tony and Colin watched, the group would seem to melt down into their own shadows, dissapearing into the ground. In the treeline, they would see the group raise up from the shadows, now facing away from them, heading back into the trees. Shelly was sweating a bit. She really had never moved such a large group before. At least not while she was not in-between, as she called it. Shelly was a fan of science fiction and fantasy, and she had run into that term and immediately started using it. It was a good way to describe the shadow relm.

    Shelly smiled, as she opened her eyes wide now. If it had not been for the terror of the wreck, this had been kinda fun. She had a chance to fully use her powers, something she had not done in a long time. It felt exihilirating, if not a bit tiring. She slowly stood back up, giving a deep sigh.

    "All done."

    Both Tony and Colin stood there at first, marveling at what she had done.

    Indeed, the tree line was completely clean of Malformed.

    It was always astounding to see another metahuman at work, especially one who knew what they were doing. But to move such a large group at once...

    "Wow...." Tony breathed out and smiled in amazement, which was not something he did often. Colin began to say something, but his words suddenly seemed garbled as they stretched out in a reverberation. The entire scene elongated and became engulfed by a whooshing sound, much like wind suddenly filling a space that had been empty for too long a period of time. In a blink, Shelly would notice how their small 'stint in time' moved backwards with incredible rapidity, indeed, a moment inside a blink of an eye.

    Instantly, they were back at the 'marked' moment.

    Shelly had been talking, Tony had looked back through the rearview mirror and Colin had turned in his seat to face Shelly.

    They all paused for a second and suddenly, they 'knew' what was about to happen next.

    TAG: @greyjedi125
     
  8. TheAdmiral

    TheAdmiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

    Registered:
    Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Helena Schwartz (Agent 77)
    Under Grand Central Station


    Agent 77 blinked, she had never heard of such a thing before. Nor wanted to, the whole experience has been… well, nightmarish… Not only such images haunted her sleep at night, but now they haunted her when she was awake. Thanks a lot…

    At least she was going to rest. Hopefully some other wacky thing won’t ruin it, but given her luck, she kind of dreaded the prospect. “I think I am alright.” she managed to smile “It was quite intense… I hope we won’t have to go through it again anytime soon.”

    “Maybe it will be best if we attended Zara...” she added “The girl has been asking about this Agent Cross and I doubt she will rest until she sees him.”

    TAG: @greyjedi125 @Kurisan
     
  9. darthbernael

    darthbernael Jedi Grand Master star 4

    Registered:
    Apr 15, 2019
    IC Daken
    HAMMER HQ, NYC
    Combat Arena-1, Sub Level 3


    No sooner had the words tripped from his lips than Stryfe responded. The Claw came rocketing toward him, in the classic Fastball Special. He was peripherally aware of the goings on of Moonstone, Taskmaster, and Reaper. The scent boiling off of Reaper split his attention for a moment, a remembrance of a world seemingly disappeared. His head cocked at the thought but not so much that he didn’t have the time to deal with this ‘rookie’ as it flew at him, growling.

    A sigh, ’They never learn….’ he thought. A step to the side and a quick drop to the mats took him out of the direct line of the Claw’s flight, faster than the other could adjust. As one arm and claws flashed toward him he slashed, taking the arm off at the elbow joint, slicing between the adamantium bones. His other arm reached up and thirst his claws into the neck and then the breastplate of the Claw.

    The screech of adamantium against adamantium sounded, until his claws sank deeper into the belly of the clone, reaching to its spine. He stood, retracting the wrist claw on both hands. As the body of the Claw fell to the mat, blood and other fluids seeping, even as it tried to heal, he stabbed down. One foot pressed on the backside of the Claw and the other on one arm as his hands, perpendicular to each other descended, the claws of one hand slid through the flesh by the spine as his hand curled around the spine itself.

    The other hand, the claws sliced down on either side of the spine. As the first hand wrenched upward, ripping the spine loose, the second sliced upward, letting the entire thing come free. When it closed on the neck, he moved his second hand and cut through most of the Claws neck and the first ripped the head, spine and all from the body. Kicking the spineless body he grinned as it thudded against the wall by the incinerator.

    Turning the grimacing face of the Claw toward his he grinned unapologetically, ”I’ll tell you again, poor, poor copies. But at least you don’t have to worry about that anymore.” Turning toward Stryfe, ”Anywhere I can clean and mount this thing, Predator style?” he asked as he twirled it in a circle at his side.

    TAG: @greyjedi125
     
  10. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline & Casey
    Zephyr's Hideout

    Blue was again quiet as Casey and Zephyr came up with a name for the team. He was oddly distant from proceedings. It all felt so strange and foregin to him. He'd never had a team before, he'd never really worked with anyone before. There were a few times last year with him and Zephyr but, he'd spent more time on his own than with him. It was hard for him to shake his loner additude. Why, Zephyr and Casey liked him, they said they needed him. He was their fearless leader, yet all he felt inside was a strange sense of anxiety. Not new to him since meeting Casey, but not something he'd learned to deal with yet, other than pretending it didn't exist. He was Blueline, the fast healing, unstoppable force that rushed down criminals while getting shot and stabbed and treating them as nothing more than bug bites. How could he have anxiety.

    He looked to Casey, then to Zephyr forcing a smile under his bandana. Part of him knew, it was them, Casey and Zephyr, Aegis, and Psion, they were other people in his life, that knew him. Ever since Zeke was killed Blue had slowly began to shut himself off to others around him. Lourdes being a rare and conflicting exception. He couldn't let anyone close to him, they were a weakness, they were in danger. Everyone around him had a bad habit of dying. He worried about them, his partners, despite Zephyr's god-like powers and Casey's impressive strength and fortitude, he still worried about them. They were something else to worry about in combat where he was used to only worrying about himself and the person he was trying to save.

    That's way he kept telling them to stay, or to go on without him. It was easier for him to work alone, easier for him to not worry about his teammates. At his core he was a protector, he wanted to protect everyone, and that included his teammates. Having them in harm's way didn't sit well with him. Their repeated outbursts about losing him gave him pause...another weakness. In the end, he would give his life for anyone else. He would trade his blood for a random person's life without a second thought. What did he have to lose? Friends, family? He'd given that up when he killed the boy he used to be. Now here he was, in the middle of a found family and always feeling like a bit of an outsider. Or was he just trying to be aloof to give them some distance, so he didn't get so wrapped up in everything.

    In the end all he wanted to do was keep everyone safe.

    Casey looked over to Blue his eyes slightly wrinkled with a smile under his blue bandana. She was a little excited, almost eager to get on this mission. It was only part because of Zephyr's own infectious joy and energy. He was always so happy. So energetic. She guessed he didn't really get to express himself too much where he grew up. It always sounded so cold, so clinical, so isolated. Like his emotions where so pent up he had to let them out, or that he was finally comfortable expressing them that he couldn't keep them from her or Blue.

    She raised her glass with Zephyr smiling, a little happy that her name had been accepted. Not that it had much competition from the stoic Blue, and the ever accommodating Zephyr. It still felt good. When Doc chimed in she nearly jumped out of her seat, still not used to his sudden intrusions into their conversations. For a fleeting moment she wondered if he was always listening always watching? Could he see what she was writing in her diary?

    She shook her head returning her focus to the conversation at hand.

    "Blue, you said that the dealer was a ‘regular’, maybe a name and description would help narrow down the search, that is, if you think it’s cool to get that info."

    "Guy's called Gustavo. We met him at the Halloween Party, he was Gasket…"

    "Gaston"

    "Yeah that guy, average height, average build, constant five o'clock shadow, tanned skin. If I saw a picture of him I'd recognize him."

    It wasn't much but it could be a start.

    "Guys, we are ready, we can DO this!"

    "Yeah," Casey added

    Blue just gave a slight nod. He was still nervous but for the sake of the team, he hid it. He would hide even his worst pain from them not to trouble or bother them.

    [Should I prepare a round of carbonated drinks to celebrate?] Doc asked.

    "Yep…" Casey answered loudly, throwing her hand into the air, letting herself get carried away.

    "Why not." Blue said again nodding his head.

    TAG: @Ameteth @greyjedi125
     
  11. Darth_Elu

    Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

    Registered:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Cameron Giles IC:
    ~White Star HQ, Point Nam~

    His comm vibrated much like the Chief of White Star. He returned Daisy’s quizzical expression as he looked down at it and then listened to her say aloud what was being transmitted.

    “I’m getting an alert from the Undercity location. Court of Night….?”

    [Yes, they comprise a powerful group of Nocturnes that visit infrequently now. We can review the various Undercity factions if you wish.]

    “Soon. Do forward an encrypted datalink to my comm and I want to be notified on anything new relating to Mallen.”

    “Agreed, send one to mine as well, Agent Lane.

    His partner and superior looked at him then and Cameron returned it.

    “Should we head to the Grand Central Facility or finish our recap?”

    Daisy had begun to rise, clearly showing her preference. But then, head of SH…White Star, or not; that one always had a propensity to prefer rushing into things from time to time. She was a kinetic person, wanting to move and not just sit.

    He could sympathize, but a major question first before they could do so or not.

    “Agent Lane, what seems to be the current sit-rep at our Undercity location? Do our agents have things under control or is it looking bad?”

    Whether they began to move out or finished their meeting in full all depended on the answer. Handling things quickly was always preferable, but if it wasn’t an emergency and they could get more detailed information on the wide world before leaving…it could literally make a world of difference.

    Tag: Daisy Johnson & Agent Lane @greyjedi125
     
  12. Mitth_Fisto

    Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 29, 2005
    IC: SGC
    Mystic Masters Sanctum, NYC

    Tenzin gave a weak smile, that or he might have mild indigestion. Stress would do that to you, although SGC's own breakfast was still settling rather nicely.

    Tenzin walked himself to a nearby sitting area and indicated for SGC to join him. He spoke calmly as he sat himself down. “Please, tell me all you’ve learned while you were outside, in as much detail as possible. I too have a few things to share afterwards.”

    A soft smile appeared on his face then. Taking one hand on the other, he placed them on his lap and prepared himself to listen to his pupil’s report.

    "The storefront across from here seems mostly unchanged. Quality of wares and things are similar, but there is a darkness, a drab layer to everything that was not there yesterday. New people move about that apparently are bounty hunters that specialize in my or mutant kind. A high price is on all our heads, but hunters have a hard time making ends meet due to the patrol Hammer droids that scan people on a random basis as well as the flying Sentinel droids that perform apprehensions. On the news was a scene of a group of hunters facing off against a group of mutants. It seemed that the Hunter where I was thought that if the capture was not wrapped up quickly that the droids would capture them and no one would be paid, considering the powerful mutants and foregone conclusion by the Hunter if the droids arrived and the mutants didn't flee - I would assume that the droids are highly hardened and weaponized. People did not show much fear, just random entertainment value. Hunter gear seems to be a cross of advanced and simple. Helmets do not seem to have advanced scanning features as otherwise I would imagine I would have had to fight to return. All Hammer drones and robotics seemed to be able to fly, a way to remain unobtrusive with passive sweeps likely. I am not sure how I will be able to move about much without being discovered unless you have a better method of concealment for me." SGC stated simply and in an unwavering monotone, although the last was definitely a question as well as a statement.


    Tag: @greyjedi125
     
  13. Darth_Elu

    Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

    Registered:
    Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: A return of my second character from Ol' Resurgence, now finally arriving into A New Breed! GM Approved Naturally!

    Character Sheet

    Name: Inuksuk "Isaac" Angakkuq
    Codename: N/A
    Gender: Male
    Age: 25
    Hair: Long and Black, tied back in a braid usually
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 162 lbs.
    Likes: Inuit Culture (It's Family), City life, Positive people, Russian Women (Just a weakness…)
    Dislikes: Inuit Culture (It's Complicated), Negativity, Books, Movies
    Personality: Quiet and reserved for the most part, yet loves to socialize with people as long as they are pleasant. Thoughtful and observant.
    Stance: Unregistered
    Metahuman Ability: Empathy & Animal Guardian Spirit
    Appearance: Isaac
    Bio: Inuksuk, whom prefers going by the name of Isaac, is an interesting young man that enjoys the socialization of people. Though he heavily dislikes negativity. Root cause of that is his quiet ability to feel another's emotions, sometimes as if they were his own, though he trains hard to separate another's from his. He is an Empath, a rare passive ability. Its the main reason he loves the city, watching, and talking with people. All the emotions, the feelings! A wonderful rush, though the recent swing in dark emotions everywhere has him soured and uncertain. Of course, with all the superhero clashes taking place in recent history, it's hard not to understand fully why.

    Furthermore, he has an ancient Animal Spirit that he has gained from his great-grandmother before she passed on. It is his guardian, mentor, confidant, protector…and friend. The very fact he could perceive her from a young age greatly pleased his great-grandmother as: "Modernization has dulled your other family member's senses. You are different. You are tied to the old ways." Ironically, he took to city life. But it was true that he honored the old ways in between modern living. His ethics and morals certainly took to the old ways. And so was the advice he garnered from his spirit. The Spirit of the Firefly.

    Now many might scoff at that, it wasn't the Wolf. The Bear. The Orca. Even the Seal. But that was because they didn't understand Firefly's true significance. He gains abilities from her often enough, one of the many ways she aids her ward and friend. There are times he can even connect to spirits of the dead through her, once gaining the respect of an old warrior. Through Firefly as an ethereal 'bridge', Isaac temporarily harnessed the warrior's abilities to defend himself from a mugging attempt some years back.

    With the advent of the Registration Act, he finds himself confused. As a law abiding citizen, he has nothing against the registry though is slightly uncertain of it. The Inuit are used to similar things gone wrong before… Still, his particular abilities just didn't quite seem like they were referenced by it. With that conflict in mind, he remains Unregistered and unsure if he should be 'screened' or not. Something he has talked to Firefly at length often as of late. In the end, Isaac is a good person who does wish to help others, but feels like he isn't in any situation to do so. That may change swiftly if the hints that Firefly has been giving have any merit...

    And they usually do.

    Furthermore, with all the new action since the events of the Registration Act's rise and the Crisis against Doom, he increasingly feels uncertain as to his place in the world. Whereas Firefly is ever more sure.
     
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  14. Jedi_padawan_leigh

    Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

    Registered:
    Feb 13, 2003
    Isla Carson
    Mystic Masters Sanctum, London

    {{Mistress, is it safe to assume we’ll be having guests? Shall I have rooms prepared?}}

    Isla heard Dweomer's words in her mind and she stopped and spun on her heel so she was facing the gentle giant, an apologetic look on her face. {{Oh! I'm so sorry Dweomer, that meeting left me with much to think about...Yes, we will be hosting Master Tenzin and his pupil from the New York Sanctum}} she paused for a moment and nodded her head affirmatively {{Yes, two rooms for our guests. We may need the warmer bedding, the weather is supposed to be rather cold over the next few days}}

    A soft smile crossed the sorceresses lips as she regarded the faithful "handyman". Although he went by that name and dutifully fulfilled this role, Dweomer was much more than just the sanctums dedicated caretaker, and it hadn't taken Isla long after she started her tenure at the London Sanctum to notice that Dweomer was never really far from her person during her day to day tasks. He was never intrusive, or obstructive, and his presence did help instill a sense of reassurance and security within the near empty sanctum. Both He and Mrs. Pritheede were important to her, and she appreciated everything they did for both the sanctum and their currently ailing order. She gave the giant a slight bow of her head in thanks.

    {{Thank you, my friend. Please excuse me, I should inform Mrs. Pritheede of our guests arrival also.}} She finished before beginning her descent down the staircase. Her thoughts drifted back to Tenzin's words as she walked, her mind once again considering all he had said

    TAG: @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto
     
  15. Ameteth

    Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

    Registered:
    Mar 28, 2009
    OOC: combo with our GM par excellence

    Zephyr Vaillancourt
    Hideout, NYC

    The hour was late in the dim lit bedroom and only a faint electronic hum could be heard in the relative quiet.

    At his desk, Zephyr sat gazing at the computer screen before him, eyes darting across the body of text he’d just composed. He read the message to White Star a few more times to make sure he covered everything he wanted to say before hitting send, after all this missive was going to change his life.

    Two small silvery orbs spun in orbits around Zephyr’s body, their speed changing depending if he was pensive or excited, they presently flew slowly and steadily almost as they would during his meditations.

    “Let’s see here now…”

    ‘…to inform you that I, Zephyr of Team Argus, being of sound mind, formally accept your invitation into the ranks of White Star, to assist and preform all duties assigned to me to the best of my ability(ies) and uphold the goals of the White Star organization.’

    “Hmm..perhaps a little formal, but they should get the idea. Okay now…down here…”

    ‘…you’ll find Blueline’s and Agis’ measurements, these are up to date and accurate and submitted for the purpose of creating their customized armored outfits as explained in the above paragraph. This is how I wish to apply my mission reward. If you deem it beneficial, I offer my talents to your R&D department as well, for the possible development of new materials…’

    A slight smile of satisfaction played on his lips as he leaned back feeling good about his decision and the letter.

    “So what do you think Doc, does it sound good, is it grammatically correct?”

    [The grammar is correct, as noted.] Doc declared in an easy manner. Mostly monotone, but with sufficient inflection to convey meaning and personality. [Delivery and receipt shall be confirmed once your message is sent.]

    There was a conversational pause before another statement was added.

    [Your gear designs for Team Argus are both practical and aesthetically pleasing, all parties should be pleased, according to my calculations.]

    The feeling of surprise and strangeness at Doc’s new behavior, that of ‘offering’ solutions or advice unprompted was fading fast with each moment. Talking to Doc felt very similar to speaking with Zack, it was a familiar comfort that Zephyr hadn’t felt in a very long time. But there were things that needed to be cleared, clarified, diagnosed and tested.

    On top of that, Zephyr realized that he was indulging his emotions by delaying the diagnostic process, but he couldn’t help it, this new Doc felt like he was making a new friend.

    “Cool, if we agree that it is a good final draft just send it through the secure channels of course, and just notify me of receipt.

    And…thanks Doc, I appreciate that you’ve double checked the specs and also for the compliment.”

    A small chuckle of wonderment would accompany the response, it was going to take some getting used to having exchanges with what appeared to be a growing A.I. just a bit mind-blowing.

    “Alrighty, next, If you could bring up all the vid data you’ve compiled of the last mission, especially the Washington Square encounter and also anything on Agent Zero-G’s encounter with that sentinel, I really am curious as to how she beat such a monster.”

    Doc continued to listen and began to collate the data that Zephyr requested concerning Agent Zero G.

    To his point, there was a good deal of footage on social media immortalizing the encounter, thanks to on-site uploads and streamers. Meaning, those reckless enough to remain during the battle in Union Square did most of the recording. Most of the attention was focused and distributed between Agent Zero G's svelt and skimpily clad form, and the terrifying Mallen. The only few moments which captured Blueline were that of his apparent immolation. There were none after that moment on social media. Neither Aegis or Psion had been recorded during that melee.

    [She is rather photogenic.] Doc casually observed as he shared the various images.

    [I've also been able to access some shared security footage.]

    The first set of vids showed the battle in Union Square from afar. Zephyr would be able to determine the vantage point at once, as it was taken from the Zeckendorf Towers roof. The very luxury apartment building he rented in. The shot did not serve to identify the various combatants, as it was too far, but their actions could be seen, up to the point when a pair of ravens flew up to block the camera.

    A second set of security footage showed Zero G's battle against the Old Sentinel from afar, quite likely from an adjacent building under construction. Whatever was captured by the actual building the battle took place, appeared to be lost. Once again, the shot could not be used to identify the female metahuman, but it did showcase her spectacular battle against the mechanical monstrosity.

    [Quite an impressive display.] Doc would quip.

    Zephyr looked at the vids and images that Doc had compiled and presented, and suddenly fell silent, his gaze taking on the a mask of serious contemplation, the silvery orbs gained speed in their orbits hinting at the growing concern in the young man’s thoughts.

    Agent Zero-G…Zara, was definitely a striking figure on her own and the bike just added enough sauce to get the attention of every male in her vicinity, she was either a model in a photoshoot or a walking fantasy.

    Under different circumstances Zephyr would have likewise admired the confident beauty and felt fortunate to have gotten a glimpse…Did Doc just engage in ‘guy talk’? No time to explore that now.

    The reality of the situation suggested that there could be trouble ahead for Zara; if Doc could produce these images, it was likely that Bounty Hunters, HAMMER or any fanatical group could do the same.

    The thought produced a flash of anxiety with a hint of anger at the prospect of anyone wanting to bring harm to Zara. She had proven to be a worthy ally and had the makings of a good friend, no way he was going to let anything bad happen. The thought was somewhat childish, but it reflected how he felt.

    Looking at the battle with the Old Sentinel, Zephyr took some comfort in seeing Zara’s resourcefulness and incredible ability, she wouldn’t be an easy mark that’s for sure. However, the collateral damage looked considerable and he secretly hoped that the place was completely abandoned, including the unlikely vagrant that may have taken refuge in such an isolated structure.

    The silvery orbs whizzed about for a few more seconds before darting into Zephyr’s left hand as he closed a fist over them.

    “Doc, could you set up and run a recognition protocol for Zara….encrypted, and set to notify the team only if she’s in trouble, we will not intrude upon her private life, but I have a feeling…ugh, what am I doing?”

    [ Recognition protocols initiated.] Doc announced, indicating compliance. [ You are doing what you believe is right.] He said in conclusion.

    The silvery orbs rose again from the now open hand and resumed their orbits, but at a much slower pace, there was much to consider. Was this going to help protect Zara or create complications, was it the right thing to do?

    Perhaps speaking to the lady in question and telling her about it was a better idea, she was far from a helpless damsel. But the world was really crazy right now. Yes, he would speak with her, maybe have lunch, but not in public.

    Zephyr slumped in his chair, closed his eyes and released a heavy sigh… Was this the place where Blue set camp, the worrisome, angst ridden underbelly of being a super-hero? A second sigh escaped his lips as he considered that the road ahead was also a steep uphill climb.

    “Thanks Doc, I really want to believe that…”


    TAG: @greyjedi125 , mentioned: @galactic-vagabond422 , @Kurisan
     
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  16. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    (OOC: A combo post between the amazing @Ameteth and myself)

    Blueline, Zephyr
    Zephyr's Hideout

    Blue had shuffled off to bed long before, though it was in bed sleep was a hard thing to come by. With Hammer prowling the streets, and Bounty Hunters combing for an easy payday, he'd been somewhat restrained in his after dark activities. It didn't sit right with him, having to hunker down and wait for something to happen, or wait until morning when he could see the threats coming. They had sent up a surveillance system for the bodega so they would know when Gustavo, or at least someone that looked like him, showed up there. It was a start but every part of Blue wanted to just station himself on a nearby rooftop and brood, watching over the store like a bandana clad gargoyle. But, he'd told Lourdes what she needed to do, and he wasn't getting much sleep.

    What was keeping him up was Lourdes, she was scared, worried about what would happen to her and her family. And he was scared for her. Every time he closed his eyes he worried about missing her call, about not being there in time to help. He'd had too many of those moments, of getting to the scene just a little late, watching people get injured or worse.

    He was snapped out of his last bit of sleep by a knock at his door. His eyes snapped over to the sound.

    "Blue...you awake?" Zephyr's voice sounded from the other side. That was curious, normally it was Casey coming to knock on his door late at night. Quietly Blue tied his bandana around his head once again hiding his face.

    "Yeah," He called out getting to his feet and walking to the door, opening just a bit to see his friend standing there.

    The door was ajar but Zephyr could feel Blue's presence fully, a weak smile crossed his face, just grateful that the group leader had made himself available at this late hour.

    "Hey Blue...can we talk...I need...I need to run something important by you."

    Zephyr tried to look up at Blue and meet his gaze, but the weight of his uncertainty made him look sideways, this was one of those 'gray areas' that he's heard so much about and had basically no experience navigating.

    "It's about Zara." He declared finally. "I think that she may soon be in danger and...and I did something."

    Looking up then, the raven haired hero fixed his eyes on Blue and presented the situation.

    "She's all over the net, pictures and vids, her face is in the open and after the Union Square debacle, I'm afraid that someone is going to come after her." His brow knotted and his fist tightened as if warding off the possibility.

    "So I set up a recognition protocol, similar to what we did for Gustavo..." He admitted and averted his gaze feeling slightly ashamed and embarrassed for no clear-cut reason.

    "But I have to tell her, because otherwise it somehow feels...wrong. You know what I mean right?"

    Zephyr's silver-blue eyes now searched his team leader's face, hoping for at least a sign of understanding.

    Blue opened the door more letting Zephyr walk into the spartan space. He'd been there for over a year and he hadn't changed a single thing. There was still the bed in the middle of the wall, a simple wall scroll above it, a dresser that was still empty. Blue existed in this space, he did not live in it. He turned on one of the lamps that rested on the nightstand to provide a little light as his fellow crime fighter continued to speak.

    There were a few points where he did nod, taking in the information and thinking about it. It was certainly an issue, her face being plastered across the net, and the heightened danger for all of them. It made sense why Zephyr would be worried, Casey's mentioning of his crush on Zara not withstanding.

    Blue took a seat on the floor, about the only place to sit beyond his bed.

    "I do know what you mean." He said sitting with his back against the frame of his bed, dressed in a white t-shirt and jeans. "And you should tell her, should have told her before you went about doing that. The government already keeps us under surveillance every hour of every day, add to that every person on the street having another camera in their pocket." He stopped himself from rambling about the surveillance state they now found themselves in. "And your feelings are right, it is wrong. Even if it is for their own protection, those we watch over should know about it. I never had access to a supercomputer so it was just an understanding between me and Ernesto." the Blue clad hero left off the want to protect Lourdes that also drove his actions. "But now, with all the gear you have I'm sure it's tempting to never let her out of your sight." His words were spoken with a knowing tone, something the veteran hero had to wrestle with himself. "But, we are not those big robot things, we don't force our way their lives when they don't need us or want us. A well meaning stalker is still a stalker." His words were blunt, but he felt they needed to be to get his point across.

    "I guess my question for you is, how are you going to break it to her?"

    Somewhere in the back of his mind, Zephyr noticed the almost austere simplicity of Blue's room, the lack of clutter and frills served as an unspoken testament to the singular focus that often characterized the bandana hero.

    Sitting down on the floor and directly across from Blue, Zephyr took a loose lotus position as he considered what was being said to him.

    "Yes, I was hasty." He admitted softly. But he had his reasons, there was no time.

    His eyes opened wide briefly as a thought crossed his mind. 'Is this how people like Doom start, rationalizing an action for the 'greater good'? No, no, people like that are only interest in power and control, Doom only craves power for control.'

    "Agreed. If she decides that it is an unnecessary measure we'll do away with it, no arguments, no contest."

    "As to the how or when, I figured that I'd look for her at some point during my first day of orientation with White Star, which I hope will take place in the next few days, if not sooner." the last part being said with a very casual tone.

    "Thank you Blue, you are a good friend and a trustworthy leader. Often head strong and crazy reckless at times, but someone definitely worth following into the fray. I can't thank you enough."

    With that being said, Zephyr would extend his hand to shake on it.

    "I'll definitely keep you posted."

    Blue reached his hand out to accept the shake but paused halfway through, words finally falling into place for him.

    "You're doing what?" His brow furrowed and his gaze hardened, the kind eyes now more piercing. "You're..." A long breath left him as he pressed his once outstretched hand to his forehead. "When were you planning on telling us that you decided to be a junior White Star Agent?" He couldn't help the indignation and hurt in his voice. "I thought we'd already made our decision on this. We weren't going to join. We work better without a bureaucracy, a structure above us telling us what to do." His hand ran through his hair coming to rest on his thigh. "What about Lourdes, how are we going to help her when you're running jobs for the White Star? We're a team, we work together, and now you're moonlighting. Will they even let you do we do? Or will you just be hound for them to lead around?" He took another deep breath something he'd seen Zephyr do a few times to steady himself. "I know you're a smart man Zephyr, you wouldn't have done this without a plan. You have some way that you think this, you joining the White Star, will be ok. And I want you to tell me it right now."

    Blue's reaction wasn't entirely unexpected, but it still hurt a bit. Every point he made was valid and as team leader he deserved an explanation, this was about trust, transparency and the larger picture.

    Zephyr regarded the bandana hero warmly, this was his friend and in many ways a mentor and this moment was important to both of them.

    "Well, to be clear, you made the decision that you weren't going to join and that your personal choice. The thing we discussed at length was about being a team and working together and that hasn't changed."

    "There is NO competition here, I'm first and foremost Team Argus and will always be. I'm here for Casey, for Lourdes, for Don Ernesto, for you and anyone else who needs me. I believe in the work we do and all the people we help, I am fully committed and there is absolutely no reason why you should doubt that."

    "It is also true that you have found your calling, a crusade that is close to your heart. You are a fierce protector and the areas within your reach are made safer because of your near-sleepless vigilance, that's just how it is." His voice was even and filled with understanding.

    "I am likewise finding my crusade, the field were I can apply myself and help the greater effort taking place on a larger scale. I know that you have a negative outlook about it, but I don't, and that's why this is an avenue for me to thread. I need to learn and get involved and by necessity bring those lessons to add to our cause. Furthermore, my parents are out there, Zack also and so many others, I have a duty to perform, I have sworn to find them, to free them." The conviction in his voice was unmistakable and quite recognizable.

    "I'm not joining some draconian military op that will suddenly OWN me and subvert my will, they actually work with what you bring to them." His eyes closed for a second as he paused, there was so much more to be said.

    "Blue, I'm saying all this because I want you to trust me on this." And there it was, the test that would prove the quality of the glue, of the friendship.

    "Promise me then, that you will remind me, in no uncertain terms, of my commitments to our team SHOULD you find me lacking in that department."

    Zephyr's silvery eyes locked onto Blue's, shining with restored confidence and almost daring his team leader.

    "Do we have a deal, can you shake on that?"

    Again Blue pressed his hand to his forehead. It felt like the words came at him fast and he was still processing but the look in Zephyr's eyes told him everything he needed to know. He did not agree with his partner, not one bit but, that look, that steely determination to do what someone had set their mind to, told him it didn't matter. Zephyr believed in this, he wanted this. He was right of course, he always was, his powers, his skills they far out paced Blue's, Blue could take a bullet but Zephyr could disassemble the gun. Of course he would want to do more than just beat up a few muggers in an alley.

    Blue looked away at the mention of family and friends. He'd lost his family, the one related to him by blood, it never occurred to him that Zephyr might want to find his, make sure they're ok.

    Zephyr was asking Blue to trust him, that was a hard thing for the azure guardian to do. He'd almost lost that ability, working alone for so long. Going over everything he'd ever seen from Zephyr, he knew the other man to be very thoughtful, and considerate of his actions. Never once had he ever let Blue down, not before today. He had at the very least earned some trust, gained the right to pursue his dreams. That didn't mean he had to like it...

    With a long breath he took Zephyr's hand a deal made, and permission given.

    "One last piece of advise. Be mindful of what, or who you put first in your priorities. One day you will have to choose, between a person you care about, and your crusade. And in that moment there can be no hesitation." His words were of painful experience, choices he'd had to make, choices that hurt and haunt him.

    TAG: @Ameteth @greyjedi125
     
  17. greyjedi125

    greyjedi125 Chosen One star 5

    Registered:
    Apr 29, 2002
    Shelly, Tony & Colin
    Alhambra, Arizona

    The scene, or rather, ’Time’, rewound itself to a specific moment.

    "We can't be the only ones who noticed the change," Shelly intoned softly.

    Tony regarded her from the rear-view mirror and offered a hopeful answer.

    “I’m trying to contact some people through ‘back channels’. I seriously hope they still remember; one of them has ties to the Baxter……..” he paused awkwardly, but managed to finish his sentence. “….Foundation.”

    A memory of what had been blossomed in all their consciousness. Shelly, Tony and Colin alike.

    No blaring horn sounded. The eighteen wheeler rumbled past them without incident. Colin turned his head to look out the window and towards the tree line. There was no vagrant running for his life or Malformed to speak of- and in a blink, they’d seamlessly flowed back into their timeline.

    Colin, gave a nervous smile and sighed in justified relief.

    “I always worry about doing that…” he admitted. Chrono-manipulation was not something one simply got used to.

    “We’re Ok. You did good.” Tony reassured as he spared another glance at Shelly. He would give her a reassuring nod, should she catch his eye.

    “We still have to report the Malformed. They’re not gone. They are still out there….” He added after an extended pause.

    Colin turned back half way in his seat and glanced over to Shelly.

    “What should we do?” he seemed to ask her, but it could be he was also asking himself.

    Tag: @Ktala




    Aegis, Blueline, Psion
    Team Argus, Hideout

    As expected, Doc had confirmed the receipt of Zephyr’s message to White Star via secure channels. However, he also confirmed a timely response, which agreed to Zephyr’s terms and conditions, as well as a request for a rendezvous for delivery of Team Argus’ reward. They had performed admirably and had earned their keep.

    Such news had probably taken place sooner than Zephyr had expected, but such was the way of things, not unlike the surveillance of Ernesto’s Bodega.

    Doc had been able to collect some useful data and statistics for Team Argus. Like the fact that the bodega’s traffic had been impacted and had fallen by nearly 68%, which would clearly affect revenue. Those who still frequented the establishment were either the more hardened patrons, or the elderly who depended on Don Ernesto and didn’t have much of a choice. The more skittish sort tended to stay away.

    Metamin was being dealt out of the bodega mostly during the peak hours of 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm on a daily basis. Other ‘enhanced’ surveillance also revealed that Gustavo’s cadre called themselves G13 and had several run-ins with fringe elements of the Sapien League. Thus far, G13’s intimate knowledge of the neighborhood and its surroundings allowed them to avoid entanglements with law enforcement, HAMMER and Bounty Hunters, but such fortune was not bound to last- and such complications would not bode well for Don Ernesto.

    It had also become clear that Lourdes had become very fearful, to the point of not wishing to involve Blue any longer, after witnessing one of the G13’s bend a crowbar into a knot with his bare hands in a failed effort to impress her.

    As for Don Ernesto himself, the man had become despondent and seemed to have aged overnight. All mirth seemed to have gone out of him.


    Tag: @Ameteth, @galactic-vagabond422



    Zero G
    White Star Safe Zone, Undercity
    Infirmary


    "Please," Zara said to Agent Delphi, while rising from her bed. "Is Agent Nolan Cross somewhere here? I have been meaning to see him..."

    There was a moment of silence as Delphi looked to the attending nurse, who nodded her head as she gave Zara one last appraisal.

    “She seems fine.” The nurse declared, stepping back.

    “Very well then.” Delphi conceded.

    Within moments, an orderly was assigned to walk Zara to Agent Cross’ room. Luckily, the room was close-by and not far at all. The orderly was efficient in his duty and tried not to seem too hurried, despite actually hurrying. In short order, Zara was brought to Nolan’s room, where the man was resting. He was in bed, which had its back raised so he could read comfortably.

    Agent Cross had been reading reports on a tablet and rested the device on his lap as Zara entered. A genuine smile spread on his normally stoic face upon seeing young Zara.

    “So you came to visit the ‘Old man’ after all, did you?”

    The man’s smile could very well light the small single bedroom he was in. The grey-blue hospital robe he wore was closed over his chest, but some of the abdominal bandaging could still be seen. The wall mounted I.V. drip was connected to his left arm and he wore bandages over scrapes and cuts in many places. Despite it all, Nolan seemed to be in good spirits and on his way to a full recovery.

    Tag: @Kurisan

    ***************

    Agent 77
    White Star Safe Zone, Undercity
    Infirmary


    Advisor Sethlan walked into room just as Zara was being escorted out by the dutiful orderly. He smoothly handed over a tablet to Delphi, who received it in a smooth motion, then turned slightly to peruse its content.

    The Advisor regarded Zara’s retreating form for a moment longer before shifting his attention to Agent 77.

    “I must commend you, as you both seem to be faring quite well after that particular episode.” The advisor observed candidly. His manner was amiable and it helped that he was easy on the eyes.

    “Experience and commitment, collective and individual, is what will see us through this…ordeal.”

    The man paused momentarily, not rushing the moment.

    “I’m Erik, by the way.” he added after a beat, then turned to regard Agent 77.

    Tag: @TheAdmiral



    SGC & Tenzin
    Mystic Masters Sanctum, New York

    Tenzin listened to his pupil and did his best to keep any hints of the trouble he felt from appearing on his face. From how SGC described things, he now knew for sure things had certainly changed, though how or why was still a mystery. Bounties on mutants? That was a far cry from problematic registration initiatives.

    Indeed, the was a layer of darkness present. He could feel it too. But what did it mean? One thing was certain, this was not the life, or rather, the world he remembered.

    “SGC, I am not able to prove it at the moment, but I suspect that somehow, our world has changed.”

    Tenzin spoke as calmly as he was able to, taking comfort that they had found an ‘ally’.

    “I’ve spoken to the leaders of our Order and even they seem changed somehow.” The monk closed his eyes for a brief moment, centering his thoughts. “We will be traveling to the Sanctum in London. Master Isla did seem trustworthy when we spoke.” The monk mused aloud. “I think you’d like her.” he added then and offered a small smile. Was he speaking for himself?

    “Generally, the illusions we cast are mind-affecting…” Tenzin began again, focusing now on their immediate situation. “But we won’t have to worry about any ‘robots’ for the moment. We’ll travel to London from here via Sling Ring.”

    The small smile widened.

    “Once there, we’ll have time to make a better plan- plus teach you a few things.”

    Bolstered by decision, the monk stood up.

    “Alright. I’ll begin to secure the sanctum and cover any trace of us being here. If Master Kaecilius wishes to take up residence here, he will have to work for it, I think.”

    An impish expression flowed through the monk’s visage, but only for a heartbeat.

    “This will only take a few moments.”

    With that, Tenzin moved the the center of the room, then began speaking a series of enchantments that would seal the New York Sanctum against all unwelcome or ill-intentioned guests.

    Tag: @Mitth_Fisto ( @Jedi_padawan_leigh, mentioned. Isla's story will be progressing shortly )


    Daken
    HAMMER HQ, NYC
    Combat Arena-1, Sub Level 3

    ”Anywhere I can clean and mount this thing, Predator style?” Daken asked as he twirled the Claw’s decapitated head in a circle.

    “That’s property of H.A.M.M.E.R.

    Lord Stryfe looked over his shoulder as he half-sneered, then telekinetically yanked the decapitated head of the cloned Wolverine out of Akihiro’s hand and floated it towards a nearby disposal chute.

    “We recycle.” he declared smartly.

    Seeing that Reaper was also ‘finished’ with the two Claws he’d been dealing with, Stryfe disposed of those as well. His calculating gaze turned to regard Moonstone, who had shot like a rocket at her bounding opponent, crashing against him in mid-air, before unleashing a furious barrage of powerful ‘bone crushing’ punches.

    Taskmaster on the other hand, was in the zone, dealing critical blows of opportunity while simultaneously sustaining an impenetrable defense, with shield parries and exceptionally timed evasive maneuvers. This was a testament to his sheer combat experience, which allowed him to remain half-a-step ahead of the nearly-berserking clone thus far.

    Before Stryfe could comment or interject, a holo screen flickered to life as it was projected unto the far wall.

    “This had better be important.” He intoned dangerously. “Shut down the Claws.”

    Immediately, the two remaining clones seized-up mid battle and fell to the ground, before they were order to retreat. Stryfe ignore them.

    “Report.” he barked with some annoyance.

    [“Pardon the intrusion, Lord Stryfe. Operative Holiday thought you might wish to see this.”]

    A flash of lightning was seen first, followed by the deafening sound of thunder, which momentarily drowned out the HAMMER patrol on the receiving end. Weapons fire came as a response, which only resulted in a greater shower of furious lightning. Several patrollers were on the ground convulsing. A moment later, a barrage of lightning caused one of the SUV’s to explode.

    Stryfe found himself walking closer towards the projection, as did the others.

    “Where is this taking place? How long ago did this happen?”

    [This footage is from last night, around 21:00 hrs, near the Weehawken wilds, sir. The patrollers were investigating what appeared to be a campfire by possible insurgents.]

    Lord Stryfe mades to speak again, when his unspoken question was answered. There for all to see, a young boy stood wreathed in coiling lightning, dispensing energy with undisguised fury. His attacks were not wild or random as he seemed to be protecting something, the camp perhaps. No one else besides Daken would recognize the boy. After a few moments, the recording device would be zapped into darkness.

    Stryfe turned to regard his ‘lieutenants’.

    “What is the status on this…superhuman...?” The question was raised in a calculated manner.

    [“The subject is still at large, sir.”]

    “Send a fully updated report to my desk, at once.”

    [“Yes, sir.”]

    Moonstone glanced over to Stryfe as if trying to read his expression, aside from his open amusement. Taskmaster stood at ease, while Reaper picked-off bits of flesh from his Scythe.

    “I guess our morning just got very interesting…” Stryfe did muse out loud.


    Tag: @darthbernael



    Arthur Sanders
    Empire State Diner, NYC

    The man waved for the waitress to attend them, after seeing the expression of hunger in the young man’s face. It was likely an expression he was not even aware he’d made.

    “We’ll have three of these…” He pointed at his open menu. “One Empire Special Blend Burger each and a tall Coke. We’ll have the side of fries now if that’s ok.”

    The waitress made quick notes on her small pad, repeating the order to herself for good measure before retrieving the menus.

    “I’ll have your side of fries in a moment.” She intoned in a friendly manner. Her gaze lingered on Arthur for a few beats before she turned and headed to the kitchen.

    Erg and Brihk exchanged glances, noticing the young man’s shy nature. Without speaking, Erg indicated that he would look out for trouble, which meant she should do the talking. Brihk only smiled in response, unsurprised at the ’typical’ turn of events.

    “So, Arthur…..” She began, her manner easy and open. “What brings you to ‘The Big Apple’?”

    Brihk gave the young man a warm smile, moved his glass of water closer to him before taking a sip from her own, her gaze remaining on him for the moment.


    Tag: @Shadowsun


    Isaac & Firefly
    Boston, Near Chinatown

    In his dreams he would see images, see faces, hear names and places. These things he would not remember fully, but in part, for he would retain fractured fragments. Of Maine, of Momma Woodlin, of the camp, of Gami and Kim - of S.H.I.E.L.D. There would be feelings, some subtle and others more distinct, but these would merge with what now passed as the present.

    Isaac would partially remember reaching the Roadside Market, even meeting the famed Apothecary himself, one Mr. Zu; though the meeting would be brief. S.H.I.E.L.D soldiers would come to the Market to enforce the Superhuman Registration Act. No, that wasn’t quite right. H.A.M.M.E.R., they had been the ones to do the enforcing.That’s when they all somehow became separated. Rumor had it there was a coordinated strike on all camps with suspected ‘mutant’ residents.

    That would be the last bit of memory Isaac would have of Kim, Gami, or any of it.

    Now, he had been traveling with the Apothecary’s niece, Jade. She had carried on with the ‘family business’ as they had travelled down from Maine and managed to get themselves into Boston. Jade was now looking to sell. She had not been the same since the loss of Uncle Zu. Still, having Isaac around served as a stabilizing presence.

    Their modest sublet apartment was not too far from Chinatown, as Jade would have it.

    She was an early riser and Isaac was sure to find her in the front living room, training as she ran her short program of her wushu routine with exceptional precision and exactitude. Opening a school would be better for her, as this was her dream.

    Indeed, the sun rose everyday, heralding many new beginnings.

    ************

    Cameron & Daisy
    White Star, Point Nam

    “Agent Lane, what seems to be the current sit-rep at our Undercity location? Do our agents have things under control or is it looking bad?”

    Agent Lane’s holo-image acknowledged Cameron with a slight nod prior to answering. Both his and Daisy’s com beeped simultaneously, indicating the data uplink.

    [The Grand Central location has returned to Condition: Green, sir.]

    Daisy sighed despite herself as she sat down.

    “Well, THAT’s a relief…” She admitted aloud, while at the same time sharing a glance with Cameron to let him know that ’she’ was OK.

    “So, is there anyone left that is not in league with Doom or somehow under his thumb?” Daisy asked, resuming their meeting by asking the question that was most prominent in her mind at the moment.

    [ From what I’m able to determine, the only factors deterring Doom from immediately obtaining total global domination are: unallied powers and unaccounted variables.]

    Agent Lane drew attention to the world map by highlighting several nations.

    [We will start with Russia, where arguably the second most powerful registered superhuman on the face of the planet resides, and is employed by the Kremlin. He is only known to us as Czar Bomba, and his existence is believed to be TOP SECRET. It has been reported that he may posses well over ten times the destructive power of his name sake, if not more. Which is more than enough to wipe out all life on the planet. This fact alone safeguards Russia’s continued ‘independence’. As a footnote, we suspect the Kremlin maybe ‘housing’ him somewhere in Moscow, given random spikes in radioactive readings during the last year. ]

    A small pause was given before continuing.

    [We now move to China. Their government has developed a moderately sizable, yet quite powerful metahuman army through their own Department of Super Human Control. From what what we’ve been able to gather, their members vary in ability and power, but many exhibit levels that could rival our lost Avengers.

    Similarly, Japan’s smaller army of Ultramen make up for their number in terms of sheer raw power. Both nations have secured their ‘independence’ due to these factors.]


    Daisy couldn’t help but emit a low whistle, accompanied by raised eyebrows.

    “We have people out there somewhere, right?” She asked Cameron half-jokingly, because she was half-serious.

    “Sorry for the interruption Agent Lane, please continue.”

    [As you wish] Lane said, offering an agreeable smile.

    [Apocalypse and his forces are presently scattered throughout the Middle East, engaged in guerrilla warfare against Doom’s forces. Neither of the two have been able to eke out a victory and the region has been destabilized due to the conflict. A similar scenario could be said to be playing out in India, which is the last known location of Mr. Sinister.]

    “If you don’t mind me asking, who is considered the number one meta on the planet and where is he currently?” Daisy interjected suddenly. “Sorry, I kinda have this thing, if I don’t get a certain question answered, my mind won’t let go of it until I do….”

    [I completely understand.] Lane intoned before continuing. [ Currently, the most powerful registered metahuman is Dr. Adam Brashear, also known as Blue Marvel. He has recently relocated to The Kingdom of Wakanda, which is also ‘Independent’ of Latverian control.]

    “Oh…” Daisy exclaimed, then nodded knowingly to herself. “Him.”

    Reed Richard level genius, is stronger than the Hulk and Thor combined…and manipulates Anti-Matter, huh? Makes that Russian guy seem like a match stick.”

    Slowly, Daisy turned to look directly at Cameron.

    “Please, tell me you know this guy…”

    Tag: @Darth_Elu
     
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  18. Kurisan

    Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Apr 26, 2016
    Zara Chang
    White Star Safe Zone, Undercity
    Infirmary

    Zara took one look at Nolan, taking in the bandaging, the medical devices, the IV drip, and collapsed to her knees before him.

    "I'm so sorry!" she wailed. "I let you down... on the very first mission! I saw that man coming toward you... I tried to intercept... but there was another... do you know Blueline? He came out of nowhere, super-speed... he was right the other side of the street and I was only a few metres away, on the bike! We all kind of collided together... then that man... Mallen... everyone started attacking him and making it worse... he just got more and more powerful, like he was absorbing their energy... How did you ever arrest him by the way? Oh, well, it doesn't matter... I tried to lead him away... but he was still fighting the others... then I had to leave... there was a Sentinel after me! Then we got back and they wouldn't let me see you... we were supposed to do some training but I asked again to see you... then there was some kind of mind-invasion and I was fighting again... and..."

    She paused for breath, and realised Nolan was staring at her.

    "I'm so sorry," she repeated, this time in a whisper. "Will you be alright? I... the bikes... White Star got them and brought them back. They said they can fix them."

    She finally offered a nervous smile. "Is there any way I can make it up to you?"

    @greyjedi125
     
  19. Ktala

    Ktala Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Alhambra, Arizona

    It was very strange as time rewound itself and then started to playback in normal time once more. It was strange because like a few of the scary movies she liked to watch, she knew what was going to happen..or supposed to happen. But then, it didnt. No blaring horn sounded. The eighteen-wheeler rumbled past them without incident. Colin turned his head to look out the window and towards the tree line. There was no vagrant running for his life or Malformed to speak of- and in a blink, they’d seamlessly flowed back into their timeline.

    Colin gave a nervous smile and sighed in justified relief. “I always worry about doing that…” he admitted. Shelly nodded in agreement. To her statement of, not being the only ones who remembered Tony looked at her from the rear-view mirror.

    “I’m trying to contact some people through ‘back channels’. I seriously hope they still remember; one of them has ties to the Baxter……..” he paused awkwardly but managed to finish his sentence. “….Foundation.”

    "Ooooh." she responded, even as Tony commented. “We’re Ok. You did good.” Tony nodded reassuringly to both Colin and herself. Shelly was quiet as she thought about it. Manipulating time must be very strenuous.

    “We still have to report the Malformed. They’re not gone. They are still out there….” Tony added after an extended pause. Colin turned back halfway in his seat and glanced over to Shelly. Shelly looked back at him.

    “What should we do?” he seemed to ask her, but it could be he was also asking himself. Like how would she know? This day was already strange enough. Earlier, she had been hearing what it was they were thinking. Now, a crash, which turned into a non-crash. It was shocking. Fascinating. She felt like she should be more scared than she was. And then there was those Malformed. Shudder.

    "As long as I dont have to deal with a Sentinal," she muttered softly. She stared at her hands for a moment in thought. Baxter foundation? She never heard of that place. So what did Tony do, that caused him to have such - connections? Not like it mattered. She was just happy to have someone who believed her. She decided to tell them a bit more.

    "Well...I don't know if this will help. But my connection...helps me to remember before. I think time there doesn't flow like other places. It's why I can remember...I think." Shelly sighed. She then yawned, as she now wondered herself... what next?



    TAG: @greyjedi125
     
  20. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    (Post approved by @greyjedi125)

    Blueline and Casey
    Zephyr's Hideout.

    It was a fitful sleep for Blue that night. Zephyr was joining the White Star and that still didn't sit well with him. The worries of them piling more and more onto his shoulders, having him have to choose between Argus and them. Blue trusted that Zephyr would choose Argus, for the first few times. He wondered when it would change, when Zephyr would choose the White Star over him and Casey. There was a part of him that hoped it would never come to that but, that fear was still in him.

    The sun hadn't risen yet but Blue wasn't going to stay inside anymore. He needed to get out. Throwing on his Blue hoodie and bandana he slipped out of the hideout skipping breakfast and avoiding Casey and Zephyr.

    Meanwhile Casey rose a few hours later, unaware of the conversation her two friends had the night before. She yawned, stretching her arms above her head. It felt nice getting a full night's rest after the excitement yesterday. It was their first official day as Argus, the watchers in the shadows. Seemed Zephyr's exuberance was rubbing off on her.

    She padded out of her room still in her pajamas, nothing fancy just light cotton pants and one of her father's oversized shirts with a faded 'ARMY' printed across the chest. It was more like a dress on her but it was soft and reminded her of him, her protector. Making her way over to Blue's room, helpfully marked with glow in the dark letters spelling out his name, she knocked on the door.

    "Hey Blue," She waited for a moment, "I'm going to get breakfast started, you want anything?" She waited another moment before walking away. She hoped he was just sleeping in, but she had a sinking suspicion that he was out. "So much for our first day…" She muttered to herself as she made her way to the computer, her command center as it was. Waking in up she saw a message from their erstwhile leader.

    [Headed out early will check on Ernesto's send me updates.]

    At least he left a message, it was progress.

    Doc dutifully gave her all the updates the gang Gustavo ran with G13, a few of the members, the drop in traffic, the fear in Lourdes's eyes, the despondent look of Ernesto. In her heart she felt worried, scared herself but, she wasn't going to look away, she was going to save them. Or she would, if Blue would just let her. At least she had a time frame to intercept the drug dealers. Blue couldn't keep her out this next time.

    Sending the updates through she turned in the chair making her way to the kitchen to find something to eat. Didn't feel like cooking anything so she just had a simple bowl of cereal. When Zephyr made his appearance, he was likely up long before her.

    "Hey, Blue went out," Something Zephyr already knew but it was a way to make conversation. "He at least left a message this time, so you know, it's something." She took another bite. "Sleep well?" She asked looking up with a smile.

    Meanwhile out on the streets Blue was taking to the shadows. Moving between them to stay out of sight of HAMMER and Sentinels and Bounty Hunters. He knew he was taking a risk but, he couldn't stay hidden inside not after seeing what the streets were like last night. He made his way through the city keeping an eye out for trouble though there was very little of it, an iron hand can have that effect.

    Unconsciously, unknowingly, he found his feet carrying him towards a familiar place. Before he knew it his feet had carried him to Ernesto's. Slipping around the back he saw Lourdes, taking out the trash getting ready for the morning. She was wearing her working clothes, a long sleeved shirt and worn jeans, with an apron over it. Blue's heart beat just a little faster seeing her.

    "Hey Lourdes." He called out, from a pool of shadow just behind her.

    "Ai," she turned startled, eyes wide. Blue held up his hand smiling under his bandana trying to keep her calm. "Ai ai ai, Azul." She shook her head, the ponytail she'd pulled her hair into swayed back and forth behind her. "Don't you know you shouldn't sneak up on people?"

    "Sorry." He took a moment to let the surprise wear off. "How are things?"

    Lourdes looked to either side checking to see if anyone was watching. After making sure the coast was clear she waved the hero into the store. He could see the fear in her eyes so he didn't linger. Stepping into the back room of the bodega she quickly closed and locked the door, letting out a sigh of relief.

    "You shouldn't come around anymore."

    "Why?"

    "Gustavo, and his crew…"

    "Lourdes, I can handle…"

    "No you don't understand." She looked up in the dim light of a single bulb he could see her eyes starting to well up with tears. "These guys, they're not your regular crooks. They have powers."

    "I'll be alright…"

    "Not against these...not against Hector." She shook her head again. "Please Blue, just leave it alone…"

    "You know I can't." He said plainly looking into her eyes. "I can't look away when people are getting hurt, when livelihoods are threatened."

    Lourdes looked away, reaching for something that was set against the wall. Pulling it up it looked like a crowbar, bent so that one end was touching the other.

    "This is what Hector did, trying to impress me." She pushed it closer to Blue. "I don't want to think of what he could do to you. Por favor Azul, don't fight them."

    "Lourdes, I can't walk away. No matter the danger, I can't just let them continue."

    "They will kill you." The tears started to fall, her voice broke. The bent bar was pressed into Blue's chest. "We can't lose you, I…" She stopped herself from saying the words she desperately wanted to, "the neighborhood needs you."

    "You're the heart of this neighborhood. If I don't help you, then this whole place falls apart." He took the cold black steel into his hands looking into Lourdes's tear filled eyes. He wasn't an idiot when it came to these things. Ernesto's was the center of this little corner of the Big Apple. If it disappeared, then these few blocks would die. He knew this and wouldn't let it happen. "Hey." He said getting her attention. She looked into his brown eyes, the corners wrinkling slightly as he smiled at her. "It will be alright. I'm hard to kill."

    She wanted to be angry, to shout and scream at him for playing the tough guy, for putting on a brave face around her but, in his eyes she could see his conviction. His words were spoken kindly but with a force behind them that eased the fear in her heart.

    "It will be ok."

    In that moment every fiber of Blue's being wanted to wrap his arms around Lourdes, to let her feel the unstoppable strength of his arms. But, he couldn't, his mind stopped him. He was here to protect the store, to save the neighborhood, not to comfort a girl he was already too close to. He needed to have that distance, he couldn't put her above his mission, above the people of this neighborhood. Those were his priorities, he'd thought them through ages ago, laid them in stone. But did that mean the stone couldn't crack? Couldn't be obliterated and carved anew?

    "Do you trust me?" he asked in that kind, caring, tone that carried a comforting strength.

    "Sí," In spite of herself she did, but that almost made it worse. The conflict in her of being afraid for him, and trusting him that everything would be ok. She just wanted everything to be ok. "I trust you Azul."

    TAG: @Ameteth @greyjedi125
     
    Shadowsun, Kurisan, Darth_Elu and 3 others like this.
  21. Mitth_Fisto

    Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 29, 2005
    SGC
    Mystic Masters Sanctum, New York

    Tenzin listened, his face mildly moving in ways SGC did not understand. But the eyes, the eyes showed the trouble. “SGC, I am not able to prove it at the moment, but I suspect that somehow, our world has changed.”

    SGC released an exasperated deflation of his vocal lung in a soft buzz, clacking slightly. It was better than stating the slow realization that his master seemed to be processing their current situation at.

    “I’ve spoken to the leaders of our Order and even they seem changed somehow.” The monk closed his eyes for a brief moment, centering his thoughts. “We will be traveling to the Sanctum in London. Master Isla did seem trustworthy when we spoke.” The monk mused aloud. “I think you’d like her.” he added then and offered a small smile.

    “Generally, the illusions we cast are mind-affecting…” Tenzin began again, focusing now on their immediate situation. “But we won’t have to worry about any ‘robots’ for the moment. We’ll travel to London from here via Sling Ring.”

    The small smile widened.

    “Once there, we’ll have time to make a better plan- plus teach you a few things.”

    As Tenzin stood up SGC nodded firmly. That sounded like a good idea. Whereas before this was merely to allow him some appreciation of a normal life before rejoining his Mother in a battle for life, now he needed to know how to do things to more helpful in their survival in this strange new world.

    “Alright. I’ll begin to secure the sanctum and cover any trace of us being here. If Master Kaecilius wishes to take up residence here, he will have to work for it, I think.”

    Tenzin had an odd look in his face for a moment. “This will only take a few moments.”

    With that, Tenzin moved the the center of the room, then began speaking a series of enchantments that would seal the New York Sanctum against all unwelcome or ill-intentioned guests.

    "I will make sure to remove our traces." SGC nodded as Tenzin did the mystical he left to make sure there was no biological trace of them in their rooms or the kitchens.

    Tag: @greyjedi125
     
    Ameteth, Darth_Elu, Shadowsun and 3 others like this.
  22. greyjedi125

    greyjedi125 Chosen One star 5

    Registered:
    Apr 29, 2002
    Apologies. No post.
     
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  23. greyjedi125

    greyjedi125 Chosen One star 5

    Registered:
    Apr 29, 2002
    Shelly, Tony & Colin
    Alhambra, Arizona

    “I’ll do it.” Tony announced after a moment of silence.

    “I’ll go to a local cop and report it, just in case there’s follow up. I wouldn’t want any eyes on you guys.”

    “Thanks.” Colin added as he spoke over his shoulder. “ I know we should not only protect ourselves, but innocent people too.”

    After a nod of agreement, the red head turned back to face Shelly.

    “You know….” he began, waxing thoughtful. “If time does flow differently -because of your connection to….you know….what you can do- then it stands to reason that you would remember the time before.” He concluded, though still seemed to mull over his own conclusion.

    “I mean, I guess that’s why I can still remember it too, though I’m not sure why Tony still remembers, cuz he’s not…..you know, like us. At least not that I can tell.”

    Colin glanced at his friend, as if to confirm that fact, then back at Shelly.

    {{ “He keeps turning back to you, now why would he do that, I wonder?”}}

    The voice inside Shelly’s head. It was back.

    {{ “I don’t like it.”}}

    At that moment, Shelly would feel a very light tingling sensation across her scalp. Shew would know that Tony was the focus.

    “Hey, Colin. Sit back and put on your seat belt. We’ll be back in town soon.” Tony said addressing his friend.

    “Oh right, right.”

    Colin gave Shelly an apologetic half-smile, then turned back around in his seat and dutifully put back on his seat belt at his friend’s suggestion.

    {{ “There. Much better.”}} The voice inside her head intoned, then punctuated with a dark chuckle.



    Tag: @Ktala



    Agent Zero G
    White Star Safe Zone, Undercity
    Infirmary


    Indeed, Nolan Cross had been staring at Zara, a.k.a Agent Zero G. He had expected more ‘cheer’ on the part the new recruit, but he found her candor quite refreshing as well. From the sound of it, she had been under quite a bit of stress.

    There was a lot to take in here. Guess that was true for the both of them.

    “Come up here, kid. Up. “ He indicated where she should sit by patting the side of his bed. He couldn’t bare to see her down like that.

    “I’m not going anywhere, so we can talk about it.” he said, like the cool and collected agent that he was.

    “For starters, Mallen was human when I arrested him. He was a terrorist and a menace to society. He was badly wounded on that day and was declared D.O.A.”

    Cross looked into Zara’s eyes.

    “At least that’s how I remember it. Now he’s a super powered Frankenstein and more dangerous than ever.”

    The man shook his head lightly, but did not dwell on that bit of trouble.

    “So, what’s this business about you and a Sentinel?” He inquired, his surprise and relief were both modulated by his military discipline, yet they were palpably present just the same.


    Tag: @Kurisan



    * More updates to come
     
    Ameteth, Darth_Elu, Ktala and 3 others like this.
  24. Kurisan

    Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Apr 26, 2016
    Zara Chang - aka Zero G
    White Star Safe Zone, Undercity
    Infirmary

    Zara looked up as Nolan told her to hush and sit beside him. She was confused. There was no reprimand or disappointment in his voice. He looked at her with kind eyes.

    Feeling awkward, she obeyed his command and sat near him on the bed. Still, he gave no sign of anger or wanting to punish her. She started to realise... he did not blame her. In fact, he seemed pleased to see her.

    Nolan told her Mallen had been a "normal" human when he had first encountered him. That Mallen had been declared dead at that time, and Nolan's reference to a super-powered "Frankenstein" confused her further, until she started to get the idea the monstrous being had undergone some unnatural necromantic procedure. She shuddered, not wanting to know more.

    Then he quizzed her about the Sentinel.

    Zara sighed. Everyone wanted to hear about the Sentinel. She said, "I got sloppy again. I was too engrossed in the battle with Mallen - by that time a cyborg or robot-suit kind of man called Agent Gemini was facing him. One of the Sentinels turned up and locked onto me before I knew it. I had to flee... but I couldn't shake it. I tried to stand and fight it... I just bounced off it. No-one could come and help me, they were all tied up with Mallen."

    She frowned, recalling her desperation. "Then I remembered what you said, when you were first training me, about always having a back-up plan? I needed to find a weapon, like you pulled out on me."

    She gave him a naughty grin then, just like when she had first challenged him for a ride on the bikes. "So, I dropped half the Hudson Yards building on it..."

    @greyjedi125
     
  25. Darth_Elu

    Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

    Registered:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Isaac Angakkuq IC:
    ~Near Chinatown, Boston, Massachusetts, United States~

    Dreams and memories. In them, Isaac remembered much. Or at least he thought he did. It was like slowly waking from sleep, that brief moment of disorientation. Not entirely sure what was, was. And what was not.

    He was back at the Woodlin Camp in Maine. Or so he had thought for just the fleetest of moments. No, no. That was about a year and a half ago now. Though it was such a turning point, so dramatic. And yet so…strange. An odd, peculiar ripple that yet still lingered on the pond of his life.

    Isaac thought too on his previous companions. Kim and Gami, whom he had liked but never gotten to know nearly as much as he would have liked. Momma Woodlin herself. That strange, nature-loving woman who had some kind of mystic touch, he still swore it!

    SHIELD or…well, that wasn’t right, was it? No. They had been disbanded ages ago and he never really had any connection to them. Why would he think of such an organization? It was HAMMER that came to the market that fateful day.

    Right? Yes, had to be HAMMER. Nothing else made sense after all.

    But then there had been him. Mr. Zu. The great apothecary. The young Inuit man had heard a lot about him during his time in Maine…at least, he felt like he did. It had been a while. And it was that man he had handed something off to and gotten along with.

    It was that man who then took off to…help?…Flee?…when HAMMER arrived. And yet, despite the awkwardness of it all, the man had entrusted him to stay with his own niece and keep her safe. Or more likely, simply assist her. Jade could very well defend herself, far better than even he could.

    Slowly traveling southward to a safer area, while remaining discreet just because of the odd tensions in the air, they made their way to Boston and only arrived a few months ago. In his time assisting with the family business that was, well, not his family…he had learned quite a few things. Jade always bemoaned the fact that she was nothing like her Uncle however, despite seeming like a master in comparison to Isaac.

    Her true calling was that of Kung Fu. This was evident in her passion and diligence in constant training, especially her morning routines. Just like the one he now found himself witnessing as he moved into the front living room.

    Alongside him, though invisible to Jade as with all else in his life, was the one constant presence. The one most cherished. His spirit guardian and mentor. Firefly.

    Glancing down at her with a brief smile, his eyes turned upward again as Jade progressed. His mind processing much and more in this moment of morning reflection. It was best to begin with a simple question.

    Clearing his throat, he called out to her and hoped not to startle her. “Getting my usual to get started. You want something?”

    Since living and moving with her, he had come to appreciate many different fine teas. ‘His usual’ when it came to waking up in the morning, was a Chinese Dan Chong Oolong Tea. Also known as Phoenix Tea.

    Firefly was silent for the time being, simply taking in her surroundings. Far more sure than he ever felt. But this too, was usual.

    Tag: Jade @greyjedi125

    *****
    Cameron Giles IC:
    ~White Star, Point Nam~

    At the confirmation that everything had quieted down at the Grand Central location and Daisy sitting back down with vocalization over her relief, Cameron also caught her quick look. She was ok. Good. And it was a good thing he had checked, no reason to run off ahead of themselves only to find there being nothing to worry about.

    They had to appear in control, calm, and rational as leaders of White Star. His expression hardened for a few seconds as that thought ran through his mind, then softened as he simply returned to the conversation at hand with Agent Lane.

    “So, is there anyone left that is not in league with Doom or somehow under his thumb?”

    A good question, he thought. Especially with the way things were playing out information-wise. The reply wasn’t exactly relieving however.

    [From what I’m able to determine, the only factors deterring Doom from immediately obtaining total global domination are: unallied powers and unaccounted variables.]

    Judging by the highlighted nations and inference from previous information, this was not actually a lot keeping Doom from winning it all. His face now openly frowned as he listened.

    “Well, that’s just what I wanted to hear,” he replied rhetorically.

    [We will start with Russia, where arguably the second most powerful registered superhuman on the face of the planet resides, and is employed by the Kremlin. He is only known to us as Czar Bomba, and his existence is believed to be TOP SECRET. It has been reported that he may possess well over ten times the destructive power of his namesake, if not more. Which is more than enough to wipe out all life on the planet. This fact alone safeguards Russia’s continued ‘independence.’ As a footnote, we suspect the Kremlin may be ‘housing’ him somewhere in Moscow, given random spikes in radioactive readings during the last year.]

    Cameron threw Daisy another look. Ten times the czar bomba explosion? Oh yes, this was a nice check on Doom for sure. But it wasn’t exactly comforting for any of them either! If anything, they’d have to now plan for possible contingencies involving both of these Big Bads becoming enemies. Possibly at the same time.

    Gemini’ shivered at the thought.

    [We now move to China. Their government has developed a moderately sizable, yet quite powerful meta human army through their own Department of Super Human Control. From what we’ve been able to gather, their members vary in ability and power, but many exhibit levels that could rival our lost Avengers.]

    “If China could be trusted, that’d be very useful about now,” he mused. Of course, it was another throw away comment. China could not be trusted, unfortunately. Not right now at least for a variety of reasons.

    [Similarly, Japan’s smaller army of Ultramen make up for their number in terms of sheer raw power. Both nations have secured their ‘independence’ due to these factors.’]

    So Japan also had a high number of high level metas, did they? Very interesting. And yet, everywhere else seemed to be faltering by comparison. An extremely disturbing detail.

    “We have people out there somewhere, right?”

    “You would think,” he replied flatly.

    “Sorry for the interruption Agent Lane, please continue.”

    [As you wish. Apocalypse and his forces are presently scattered throughout the Middle East, engaged in guerrilla warfare against Doom’s forces. Neither of the two have been able to eke out a victory and the region has been destabilized due to the conflict. A similar scenario could be said to be playing out in India, which is last known location of Mr. Sinister.]

    “Not names I was hoping would be added to this little list.”

    “If you don’t mind me asking, who is considered the number one meta on the planet and where is he currently? Sorry, I kinda have this thing, if I don’t get a certain question answered, my mind won’t let go of it until I do….”

    Cameron tossed a playfully exasperated look toward the image of Agent Lane.

    “It’s true. I can vouch for that fact. Don’t know how many times she’s badgered me into revealing something or another about my personal life…”

    With a smile, he quieted.

    [I completely understand. Currently, the most powerful registered meta human is Dr. Adam Brashear, also known as Blue Marvel. He has recently relocated to The Kingdom of Wakanda, which is also ‘Independent’ of Latverian control.]

    Of course it was Blue Marvel. Had to be him! Cameron allowed a small smile. This was a person who he did very much like being listed, even if the reiteration of his relocation from earlier was still a bit of a nasty shock.

    “Oh…Him. Reed Richard level genius, is stronger than the Hulk and Thor combined…and manipulates Anti-Matter, huh? Makes that Russian guy seem like a match stick. Please, tell me you know this guy…”

    Cameron laughed a little.

    “Oh, I know him all right! Or rather, I know of him. I grew up with him as my personal hero! Man, everyone can have their Tony Starks and their Captain Americas. I just wanted to be like the Blue Marvel. Still do sometimes. Used to say I was his number one fan…”

    A rueful shrug and an embarrassed smile accompanied this statement, which was then followed by a regretful: “But I do not know him personally. No. Wish I did, Daisy. Wish I did.”

    A pause.

    “Though we just worked with Wakanda didn’t we? Which means our lines of communication are definitely open. Lane, how would you rate our level of cooperation with the Kingdom of Wakanda over the last couple months. Follow that up with a side comparison of our level of cooperation with them a year ago. I want to see something.”

    Tag: Chief Daisy Johnson & Agent Lane @greyjedi125