main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Marvel Heroes: A New Breed - ~Summer 2020 Best RPG~

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Fun with the GM

IC Daken, Moonstone, Taskmaster
    Time enough to talk, decisions to be made

Daken leaned casually against the side of the lift, as it rose. He could tell that Moonstone was influencing the speed of the lift to allow them more time to talk. Favoring her with a big grin, he then grimaced as his body worked to finish the healing process. ”Yeah, Boss, you don’t heal as I do, I really don’t want to see that grey matter leaking out of your ears.”

He glanced at Taskmaster, then back at Moonstone, ”Tell me something, how much of reality do you both remember?” he asked as he glanced around again to be sure that the cameras weren’t watching and listening.

Moonstone noticed Daken glanced up at the security cameras and her soft smile widened in response.

“I got us covered, luv.” She stated with trademark confidence, which could be correctly interpreted as her having someone important in that department under her well manicured thumb.

“It’s all fuzzy, the more I try to recall, the more difficult it gets -especially details, so you can imagine my frustration.” Moonstone informed, speaking casually while inspecting Daken’s wounds, mostly for show, of course. She had seen him survive actual eviscerations, specifically against his own fath...wait, was that a memory? one which was now becoming immediately fuzzy! No, it had been a Claw all along. Right?

“Jersey, Why Weehawken. It doesn’t make sense.” Taskmaster put in. “There’s nothing there. I’ve checked. Just roaming Malformed.”

“I don’t think Reaper remembers much, if anything at all. He might be a lost cause.” Moonstone observed with clinical detachment.

The elevator continued upwards, steadily with no interruptions. The three didn't have a lot of time left, but at least this was a beginning for them to compare notes.

Talking it out with Moonstone and Taskmaster made some of the fuzziness recede from his mind, for a moment. He pushed off from the wall, his claws snicking out for a moment, letting him do a quick inspection of them after the battle, before they retracted. He snorted, ”Not exactly...correct, boss. It had mostly faded but talking now I can recall snippets. ISO-9, S.H.I.E.L.D, and that the last thing that happened before now, I was fighting a Mandroid not what I found on my claws, a Bounty Hunter.”

He stretched, twisting and bending, to feel how much more he still needed to heal, ”Something, or someone, seriously changed reality. As time goes by it gets harder to hang onto what was before, but think I’m lucky that anything that tries to change me has to deal with my regenerative abilities, even those of my neurons.” Grinning, he reached up, hand to the side of his head, ”I really want to meet whoever did this so I can cut their heart out. I’ve had one hell of a headache since then because of that war in my head, so just a tetch grumpy.”

Taskmaster tilted his head, which was a curious pose he did not take very often.

"S.H.I.E.L.D..." He said, sounding wistful. "ISO-9..." He nodded slowly. "Yes, I can almost see it."

"At this rate, you'll be the only one left that remembers." Moonstone interjected in a sobering manner, as she regarded Daken.

"This has Apocalypse written all over it..." Taskmaster quipped. "Except, there's not much mention of him in the newsfeeds, and he loves to be the center of attention, that one."

"True." Moonstone agreed, a playful and quizzical look coming to her lovely features. "It's worth looking into." She concluded, before nudging Daken. "What do you think?"

Daken grinned and bumped his hip against Moonstone, ”This reality is...wrong. I mean we’ve worked as a ‘hero’ team before but this, the White Star I heard of, nope not right, smells wrong.” he admitted.

”Apocalypse, hmmmm. Could be, he does love rewriting reality. I haven’t been above water, so to speak, long enough to know but none of those that could have that ability have been apparent.” He smiled, a predator grin, ”But, of anyone, I do probably stand the best chance of both remembering why I’m investigating it and surviving anything they throw at us.” There was no modesty in his tone, simply fact.

Another broad grin, ”So, any idea where old, big, blue, and deadly has been hanging out?”

“Hmmm….” Moonstone placed an index finger to her chin, thinking for a moment.

“He usually operates out of the Middle-East. I’ll see what I can find.”

“I still have plenty of mercenary contacts in that area. We should compare notes.” Taskmaster offered, as he perked up a bit, sensing where this could potentially lead to.

"Let’s hope by this time next week, we still remember why we initiated our inquiries.” Moonstone half-joked, playfully elbowing Daken in the process.

“Well, if we don’t, ‘hack-n-slash’ here will be sure to jog our memories.” Taskmaster put in before he paused.

“You two really need to get spayed.” he commented with a chuckle and a slight shake of his head.

"Don't be jelly dear, it's not a good look for you." Moonstone cooed.

"Not 'jelly'. Just stating facts. Get a room."

There was a brief pause, which was followed by chuckles from both metas. Their playful verbal jabs felt 'familiar', like 'old times', if even for a moment. As if to underscore the fact they were still in the 'present', the elevator began to slow as they approached the top floor.

”Anyone comes near my privates with a knife, they better be prepared to say hello to their internal organs as I pull them out.” Daken muttered.

And then grinned, ”I have no problem jogging memories over and over again. But before we get to the end of this ride, one thing.” He swung around, facing Moonstone, took her in his embrace, bending her over backward like in the movies, and kissing her deeply.

Standing back up with her, ”Who needs a room, amateurs…” he said with a wink to Taskmaster.

TAG: @greyjedi125

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    In a car, Arizona

She sat on the floor of the car, her eyes closed, as she thought about recent events. And then she heard a voice. Something that made her freeze....

{{ I remember too}}

The shadowy dark voice inside of her mind remarked in sinister fashion, down to the chuckle.

{{ …And now, I am…inspired…}}, it said without further explanation, the chuckle once again reverberating inside Shelly. As she squeezed her eyes tighter, she saw within her mind, something that looked like a wave of darkness flowing out of her in waves!!! She didnt know what to think. Had something touched her, during the last time she had traversed the void?

And the words, she wondered what did it mean by...being inspired.

The dark voice laughed with disturbing glee as it receded and slowly faded away. Shelly would know that it was leaving her and moving on. The constant chill she felt inside her also left her body, her normal body temperature now returning to her. She shuddered...

What was that?!?!?!

Moments later, Shelly would notice the sound of the road changing. There was a loud thumping noise...almost like the sounds of hearing cows in a movie stampede. Tony’s car radio suddenly came alive, the emergency channel he’d hacked crackled with activity.

[All available units please respond, we have a Code Red. We have waves of Malfested traveling west - south west from Phoenix Mount. Targets are spreading throughout the area, engage with maximum prejudice. Sanctuary Protocols are now active. Repeat...]

Her eyes snapped open wide. The message was interrupted by the sound of not one, but two Sentinels streaking overhead at high speed. The sound of sirens from all manner of emergency vehicles began to blare in the distance.

Shelly picked her head up, forcing herself to look out, even as Tony began to respond.
    “No, no, no, no, no, no…” Tony stated as he floored the accelerator, his car picking up speed.

“What? What’s going on?” Colin asked, clearly reacting anxiously to the news and Tony’s own reaction.

“Sanctuary Protocols. They’re going to close-off the City and the Airport! We’ll be trapped out here!”

“What are you talking about!?”

“The Malfested, they are swarming out of control. That’s a Code Red. Once they close the city, they won’t let anyone in for fear of contamination.”

Shelly was terrified. She knew those huge machines were flying overhead, and it sounded like something suddenly just broke wide. Was it that thing she felt earlier?

Just then several military vehicles zoomed past, going in the opposite direction. Somewhere in the distance, there was a flash, accompanied by the sound of thunder.
    “You hear that? less than a second between flash and thunder, the Malfested are too close!”

[All residents, please return to your homes and await further instructions. All residents, please return to your homes…]

Shelly heard Tony and Colin speaking, their voices getting even more frantic. When Tony brought his car to a halt, screeching tires, Shelly hit the back of the seat, as she gripped it tightly.

“Wait…what are you doing?” Colin asked as Tony quickly punched in some numbers on his phone.

“Guys! No time explain, get out of town, now! Big Malfested Swarm! Go West or South! cross any river! Bodies of Water slows them down. I’ll find you all! Excelsior!!!”

“Uh, Tony….” Colin was looking out the window, tracking the group of Malfested that were bounding for them. Now that the car had stopped, they were approaching even faster.

“Tony!”

“I know. Ok, listen Colin. Think of a safe place and take us there.”

As Colin began to concentrate, Tony reached out his hand and calmly placed it on Shelly’s shoulder. Suddenly the void was sounding pretty good now.

There was brilliant flash. Then another.

They were....near a castle? Shelly thought she was about to throw up. Was that her? Was there another time flash? What was going on? Her friends...?? Tony’s hand was still on Shelly’s shoulder, but she barely noticed. She felt disoriented, and her heart was beating rapidly. So she concentrated on the ground for a moment, noticing oddly that they were on grass.

“Are you alright?” he asked her, leaning in a bit closer to check on her.

"No." Shelly whispered softly. She was doing her best not to run off screaming. Instead, she took a deep breath, and then looked up at Tony, water in the corner of her eyes, but she was determined not to lose it. She shook her head, and instead look around for a moment.

"I..heard something. Something dark. Just ..just before..." She stopped and looked around again.

"This...this is safe? Where are we?" she asked as she slowly stood up.

Tag: @greyjedi125

3. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    IC: Randall/ Limos

Randall awoke from his slight coma to the sobbing of the broken child clutching his bloodied dog. It was a horrific sight for Randall because deep down in his soul, he knew that he did this; it was all his fault. Randall had allowed Limos to take control; he had failed to contain the monster laid within him. But a thought dawned on Randall; he knew that while his body was getting weaker, Limos's was becoming stronger, more dominant. So while the boy was distracted with his grief, Limos used this opportunity to slowly but surely crawl himself through a rusty open hole within the room he resided in and crawled out into the open space of the ship and threw himself overboard. This was Randall's last attempt, to kill himself to die, and so he fell and fell and fell until he eventually hit the cold of the splashing stormy waters below; it was beautiful within Randall's mind at first, at last, he seemed to be at absolute peace with himself. Randall wanted nothing more than to fade away into nothingness slowly,

But that didn't happen; he was still lying down near where the boy cradled his dog.

He soon found himself trapped within his own mind with Limos again.

Randall, the reluctant but driven soldier-

[​IMG]
    (Randall as a soldier)

He stood in the darkness within himself, the umbra of the consciousness, and looked up through the cracked mental barriers he erected as a defense to keep Limos out. But as he did, Randall only saw nothing but horror.

[​IMG]
    (Limos breaking the mental barriers.)

Limos had effectively breached through it and were now peering down upon his counterpart, his lesser. Limos were far stronger than Randall ever comprehended, and it was almost free, or maybe it was entirely free; Randall wasn't sure, but he knew he didn't have much longer. As Randall moved to reseal the barrier he erected in his mind, Limos spoke, its voice booming throughout the psychosphere of Randall's mind.

"SEE YOUR POTENTIAL!"

A vision flashed before Randall's eyes; it was him or at least his shell standing around a bunch of servants of his own creation, powers fully activated with red eyes lurking in the shadows yet illuminating the background.

"Blood and Darkness."

"Blood and Darkness."

"Blood and Darkness."

"Blood and Darkness."

"Blood and Darkness."

The servants chanted these as the shell of either Limos or Randall stood with them or even above them.

[​IMG]
    (The new being or maybe the future.)
    Randall shouted into the dark expanse, "This is not what I'll become!"

Limos laughed,

"The process is already nearly complete; you can't see it yet. I am not a foreign entity; you must recognize me. You must recognize yourself; you don't even know who you truly are."

Randall shook his head, "No! You lie!" Randall charged at the vision with a knife, and the vision responded, jumping after Randall with its blade arm, and the two were on a trajectory to crash against each other in mid-air.

[​IMG]
    (The Battle for supremacy)
    The dreamscape became illuminated amidst the conflict between the two beings, imaginary buildings crumpled and crumbled. But the energies of their conflict became too all-encompassing for the two beings, blood was spilled, and chunks fell out of both fighters. Limos fought for freedom to be truly themself in this screwed-up reality that they called life while Randall fought for life; he knew that this battle was bigger than himself.

But as Randall was fighting, he noticed that the area around him kept warping and changing; time was non-linear; it felt like weeks? Months? or even years that he fought this thing, this being or maybe it was himself. However, it was becoming obvious, deadly obvious.

Randall was losing this battle.

The new being was starting to land more cuts, more blows, more stabs. Randall was barely able to keep up; he was getting tired.

Too tired.

Tired of fighting.

Tired of losing.

Tired of looking like a monster.

This was the Death of Randall Bates, the remorseful.

Randall quickly became overwhelmed; each block and parry was draining more and more energy, the swings and the blades of the new being felt like meteors, the vibrations they caused made Randall's arms feel like jelly to the point where he couldn't even raise them above his shoulders.

SHLICK!

Randall felt weak; his arms fell limp, his knife dropped, his vision was hazy; he looked down and saw a blade gaping his chest and abdomen. The new being looked sorrowful for a moment as it placed a hand upon Randall's shoulder,

"Why?" Randall asked.

"Because you were going to kill us. I'll take it from here. This is who we are, now and forever."

It was only then that Randall learned the terrible truth. This was his life, this was his existence, and he needed to accept it. Limos wasn't a demon; it was literally him, his rage, his killer instinct, all wrapped up into one thing, one being, and Limos wanted to merge the two consciousnesses to survive—the memories of one and the bloodlust of another.

Randall saw this as the lesser of two evils; maybe if he accepted Limos, they would protect their family and target the deserving, so Randall smiled and fell into the ichor of the penumbra while Limos woke up in reality and appeared behind the young boy intending to absorb the child for leaving a job half-finished.

Don't kill children. Spoke the Ghost of Randall the remorseful,

Limos nodded and made his way outside, walking past the grieving child intending to meet the opposition head-on and feed.

[​IMG]
    (Limos rising)

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Uatu
    Time Lapse

His attention was elsewhere, focusing on the chaos below, its beats burgeoning into a debacle and a disaster.

The words of the Black-Coat agitated him.

Uatu was tasked to Watch.

He would catalogue this realities existence, from beginning to end.

He would not be enticed into acting.

But then, almost belatedly, as an objective neared or passed Pluto, he saw something... new.

Familiar, even.

How the asteroid had reached the Sol System without him noticing before now, he would never know.

It was terrible Watching.

He focused upon it.

He nearly issued an interrogative in his annoyance at his lapse in attention.

It was easy to blame the Black-Coat.

But he knew the truth; deep down.

He was worried for Earth.

5. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Cameron Giles IC:
    ~Rail Transport, En Route to HQ~

Cameron cracked a smirk at Daisy’s joke at the Doctor’s expense with him not there to give a usual jab in return.

“Pretty sure it’s Stefen, but with only one ‘f’. For Formidable, of course.”

“Yeah, I think I’m going to need a solid two hours of sleep after we arrive at HQ. I hope you don’t mind If I go first?”

She was being playful, she often was at times like these. These now rare moments. And despite the fact, he replied earnestly.

“You’re the Chief…Chief. Go ahead. We’re going to have to insert sleep for us as an actual priority at some point or we’re not going to be able to lead anything.”

He allowed a frown to escape him. They were going to need to find others they could trust in this changed world, with all their memories being torn into the winds of uncertainty. Without others they could trust, could they ever really rest?

Dr. Strange disappeared with the rest of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes when they all rushed off to confront Doom at the doorsteps of his Castle. Now There’s only Doom. We don’t know what has become of them. All I know is that we ‘hold the line’ and that’s what we’ll do.”

“I’m still grateful you weren’t with them, Daisy.”

It was a rare admission. And not the first time he thought it either.

The young woman before him had tremendous power and staggering potential, she was definitely one of those mightiest heroes. Yet she was one that had remained behind, though he had already heard from her why in the past. If he recalled, when she had spoken on it, it was in her usual complaining tone.

She understood. He knew she had. But she didn’t have to like it and so he had comforted her at the time.

She had no idea how it benefited him though to not being doing all this alone. Especially with this strange ‘change’ the world had come under. A change that had to come from Doom somehow. It was the only thing that made sense and it didn’t make him any more relieved.

“Two hours of sleep. Not a minute more. Then we see who else we can contact.”

“Agreed,” was all he said this time as he turned his gaze toward out the window, watching as Headquarters loomed all the closer.

“Agreed,” he echoed again quietly.

Tag: Daisy @greyjedi125

Isaac Angakkuq IC:
    ~Boston Massachusetts~

The fact that Jade had allowed him to even set his hand on her shoulder confirmed the gravity of the situation. Isaac made sure to be as comforting a presence as possible, without pressing any further. This was a strong, proud woman of noble stock no matter what anyone else said.

He would support her as much as she allowed, but would not encroach upon that pride. He’d made that mistake in the past while still getting to know one another, it was something he did his best to learn from. Of course, with Firefly’s help, it made that much easier too.

Well, not easier. But…smoother.

Empathy took over. Isaac did not will it. It just did. It was him as he was it. For Jade to feel was for him to feel. Words came from her mouth, but the truth flowed from both of their hearts.

She spoke, her voice wrought with emotion. Sorrow. Pain. Anxiety. Anger, mostly at herself. A flash at her uncle. No! Now Shame for that irrationality… A return to general anger. Fear. Doubt. Hope. Now afraid to hope.

A tiny ray of hope anyway…

But all blanketed in regret, remorse, a slowly steeling resolve. It was a ponderous thing, cresting upwards like a giant wave, but as absolute as the earth when it got going. He knew Jade. He knew what it meant.

But doubt was not a thing she owned and subconsciously loaned to him, alone. He harbored his own. The apothecary was a symbol of many things and there felt like there was a promise there. Something tickling at the back of his mind that might have been imagination. Or something more profound.

Sighing, he nodded.

“I do,” he replied softly.

<But I do not truly wish for this. I feel like Mr. Zu may yet….*sigh* Firefly…please, counsel me.>

Verbally for Jade, he continued while his mind went to the connection with his Spirit.

“But you must be as sure as possible.”

He had felt that resolve of hers forming, but he also knew it was not yet complete. There were holes that yet needed to be tended to. Gaping wounds of a heart.

“Know that I’m still here, whatever you intend to do. He wanted me to help you and that’s exactly what I’m going to do. If you go through with this, where to from there?”

A school. A dojo. He was sure of it. But he needed to hear. To know. To feel.

While awaiting Firefly’s reply as well as Jade’s, he knew his — no, her — emotions would give him ample answers as well.

A pleasant morning had turned somber, but it did not mean it was without purpose.

Tag: Jade & Firefly @greyjedi125

6. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Basic character sheet - Approved:

Name: Miles Morales

Codename: Spider-Man

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 165lbs

Likes: Graffiti, (Miles himself is a graffiti artist,) Music, Family, His Friends, Adventure, Loyalty, Heroes

Dislikes: Loss, No Effort, Betrayal, Bullies

Personality: Artistic and talented, Miles has lived for a few years as Spider-Man, and still has to tackle with the weight of being a hero. At such a young age, it'll be a tough path for him, but his determination and courage will pull him through.

Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basic Abilities: Spider Physiology, Spider-sense, Bio-Electrokinesis, Spider-Camouflage, Web-shooters

Bio: Miles, born to Jefferson Davis and Rio Morales, grew up in Brooklyn, New York with Spider-Man as his hero. Even though Miles constantly looked up to Spider-Man, his dad would often state his disdain for the vigilante. Miles was enrolled into the private school Brooklyn Visions Academy. He was reluctant towards this change, often trying to aim for low marks and get kicked out of the school.

Miles' life was changed forever when he was bitten by a genetically-modified spider while throwing up a piece with his Uncle Aaron late at night. Throughout the next few days, Miles went through bizarre changes that drastically altered his physical capabilities.

Miles then witnessed the death of Spider-Man, also known as Peter Parker, killed by Kingpin while Miles was looking for answers on how to control his powers.

The following days after this, Miles would be put through test after test as the world he knew quickly fell apart. In the end, he managed to defeat the villain Kingpin, lost his Uncle Aaron, and watched as alternate spider-people returned to their respective homes.

Now, Miles watches over New York, with a better grip on his powers, but struggling to balance his school life, personal life, and hero life.

Tay Neir, Darth_Elu, Ameteth and 6 others like this.
  7. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Zephyr Vaillancourt
    Team Argus Hideout, NYC

It was late at night, or early in the morning, depending on one’s perspective, but sleep would not come, Zephyr found himself wrestling with questions and plans, his mind swirling with things to weigh and consider and device. It wasn’t like he actually slept when he did, his power kept changing him in ways that would be considered alarming, if not for the training that he’d received in the past.

He reclined in his chair by his work desk, staring at the ceiling or rather past it, wrestling with his internal disquiet, letting the patterns of air and clouds and city emissions bring a sort of balancing comfort.

The question that loomed larger than any other was that of Power or the nature of it. What was Power, was it a curse or a blessing, a tool or a gift?

Certainly, Blue and Casey would have different answers, the same could probably be said for Gustavo and Mallen, or better yet, how would Doctor Doom answer that…perhaps he already has.

It was true that much good could be accomplished, Blue was a good example of a meta using his abilities to help others, tortured soul or not, the evidence was there, so why wasn’t that the standard?

And Casey, she just needed the support that anyone should get.

Zephyr sighed heavily as he began searching his desk, he was going to be that friend.

Aegis was not a monster, her restraint from just doling out general violence was a clear indicator that she could improve, she just needed a different catalyst, a motivator that could supersede the fear that currently triggered her transformations. Found some paper.

He understood that well, buried memories of past shame of having brought about harm and destruction still surfaced from time to time, they were warnings. Fear and anger, nothing good ever came from anything that was based on those emotions. Found some pencils.

He was going to stand by Casey and cheer her on, he’d be the friend that would give pep-talks or interventions when needed. It was going to be hard work, but he believed that she did not need to feel burdened by her power, the curse could be turned into a gift.

Control, that’s what she needed to learn, Zephyr realized that he was seeing light similarities with his own struggles.

But wasn’t Doom exercising control? No…Doom was exercising tyranny. All objectors and balancing forces had been removed, Doom brooked no counter-arguments.

The world was out of balance, and the remaining heroes, anti-heroes and new metas needed to rise to the occasion to provide balance, to provide a voice to those who would be cowed into silence.

Finding an old clipboard ( which looked new because it was never used), the dark haired young hero clipped the white paper onto it and tied the pencils with a string.

‘Draw something you like, something that makes you smile. Or you can print and image too, but the drawing makes it more personal -Michealangelo level skills not required.’

He was going to be that friend.

Checking his to-do list on his schedule on his computer terminal, Zephyr made sure to prioritize ’Training with Casey’ and ‘Pick-up from White Star’.

He chuckled a bit as he tried to imagine what the day would bring, he’d most likely have to contend with whatever curve ball objection Blue might throw at him since the Blue-bandana hero was the best security measure in case of emergency. But the exercise he had planned was simple and of low risk…or so he hoped.

Moving silently through the place, Zephyr hung the clipboard on the door handle outside of Casey’s room, where it would be hard to miss.

He looked back at the door before returning to his quarters, a little smile playing on his face, he marveled at the sensation of growing as a group, it felt nice, despite all the hardships and challenges and doubts, this feeling was we’ll worth it. And with that a yawn came about, quite by surprise.

The boy turned and almost floated back to his bed and he accepted the embrace of sleep like a long awaited reward.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 ,@greyjedi125

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  8. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Helena Schwartz (Agent 77)
    Under Grand Central Station

Helena nodded. That made sense, that way if they got captured they would not reveal the name of their backup. Giving them a chance to rescue her and Cross.

Her smile broadened into a grin when hearing about the gear. “I hope it is not too much to ask for Cap’s Shield or Tony Stark’s armor?” she gave an innocent look and chuckled.

“I am sorry...” she blushed slightly and looked at her feet.

“Is it expected of us to use the substance?” she returned to business “I know that some mercenaries do use the product they are peddling.” admittedly not the best ones.

“Needless to say, we will probably need an emergency medkit with us, to neutralize any of those poisons.” she was thinking out loud. “Maybe we can use masks with built in filters?”

9. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline
    Hideout

Blue returned to the hideout, eyes still scanning for trouble. It was a habit he couldn't shake. Even if the streets were as silent as a tomb he couldn't help but think that there was danger around the corner. Though his mind was beginning to question if the greater danger was behind him. The Nuke and God that followed behind him as he led the way back.

He tried to throw the thought out of his mind. They were good people, strong allies that he needed in this fight. That didn't quiet the thought. Zephyr wielded the powers of a being beyond this world, could turn everything around him into his own design with the snap of his fingers. If he really wanted to, Zephyr could just as easily take control to shape the world into what he would believe to be right and just.

Blue had to remind himself that Zephyr never would...and if he was going that way, Blue would be there to put a stop to it. That also meant he couldn't leave him behind to return to his homeless hero routine. Having a place to lay his head, safe from the elements, was a good thing. Though it was an anchor, for both good and ill. It gave him a stable place, a safe harbor to return to, it also held him down, pulled him back there like a chain attached to that anchor.

He wanted to be out in the neighborhood always on patrol, an ever present watchman. A sort of nostalgia from before he joined up with Zephyr and Casey. When he was just a lone hero on the streets with no attachments or responsibilities outside keeping his little corner safe. His thoughts dwelled on that time, a time when he didn't have a place, when he slept rough, or didn't sleep at all. However, now he had responsibilities, he was the guide, and nominal leader of his team. And he couldn't just leave them on their own, Casey especially. They needed him to calm Casey down and hopefully keep Zephyr grounded.

He was pulled in two directions, the lone wolf, and the pack leader.

One was solidarity and free, the other burdened and loved.

And right now he wasn't sure which he wanted to be.

Entering the Hideout he looked to Casey who kept her head down as she passed him heading up to her room.

"Get some rest…" He said to her back, his words cut off by her door closing. "...and we'll start fresh tomorrow…" he continued in a subdued whisper. Giving a nod to Zephyr he made his way up to his own room, closing the door and flopping onto the bed kicking off his shoes in the process.

Zephyr had provided some pajamas, but, Blue could never get used to sleeping in anything other than his jeans. He shimmied out of his sweater and draped it over himself like a blanket. Finally he untied the knot that held the bandanna on his face. The mask that he always wore, only taking it off when he was all alone.

He ran his hand over his chin. It was weird touching that part of his face. The part that he kept hidden to protect his identity...did that really matter anymore? Did anyone remember that old name he'd stopped using so long ago?

As he closed his eyes he felt the worry of what tomorrow would bring. He would need to be around to make sure things didn't go too far. Once again that other side pulled at him.

Every day he was inside, he wasn't outside, fighting the good fight.

And it ate at him.

But, he had to stay; this was his responsibility, to keep them safe.

Who knew what could happen if Casey lost control and Blue wasn't around to stop it.

It would be worse than a day without him.

Though that was easier said than done.

Casey
    'Home'

She didn't hear what more Blue had to say the 'Battle Angel' was done with today, she just wanted it to be over. What was that guy thinking, shooting her? Could he not see the metal that covered her? She was just trying to help.

Seems she couldn't even help correctly.

She took off her sweater and hung it up her Super Suit came next, the gift from Zephyr when they started this whole 'hero' thing. When they promised to help her control her power, to put a leash on the monster that raged inside her. And now they were promising to try again. It was all it ever was, promises. Though maybe now it would actually happen. Zephyr seemed more than ready to start and Blue, well, that was the problem wasn't it.

He seemed steadfast in his refusal to assist. Too afraid of things going wrong. And he was their leader, the one that was supposed to guide them. Though he seemed to not want that position, maybe she should just let him go. It was clear he didn't want to be here, didn't want to be part of the team, only here out of duty and a responsibility to her.

She slipped into her pajamas, an oversized army shirt of her father's and some comfy pants.

But, she couldn't just let him go, let him walk away from her. He was the only person that could stop her monster. She needed him, to counter her danger, to soothe the other girl.

Curling into her bed she looked at the journal she kept by the bed it was her ritual to write everything down. Even if she didn't want to. She tightened the ball she'd curled herself into feeling the words Blue said on her heart.

"That's the problem...You can't control it"

Her chest hurt tears coming to her eyes. She didn't want this, she didn't want that other girl lurking just under her skin, waiting to come out. There were times she wished she could just get rid of her, make that part of her disappear. Get rid of this power she never asked for. Zephyr had told her again and again that just removing her power wasn't the answer. Though their had to be a better way to live than this.

Not that she really helped herself by throwing herself into dangerous situations. But she couldn't stand to see Blue and Zephyr running headlong into danger with her stuck at home unable to do anything should the worst happen.

She curled tighter looking at the leather bound journal she had at the edge of her bedside table. With a sour expression she pulled it to her and started to write out the events. Finding out her dad was still alive, trying to talk that man down, turning everything. It hurt, hurt so much to write it all down but she felt she had to.

Once that was done she curled up again tears staining her cheeks...

TAG: @Ameteth @greyjedi125

10. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Some place safer

The day was grey and overcast, diffusing the early noon light upon them.

Colin gasped softly as he stood up, taking in a deep breath before looking all around, his eyes wide with wonder, a smile slowly blossoming on his face.

Tony remained by Shelly’s side making sure the she was alright, for he was unsure how she would react to being ‘translocated’ in such a fashion. As far as he could tell, Shelly seemed shaken by other events and not so much by their metahuman conveyance. Silently, he was very relieved that Colin actually managed the feat under the circumstances, to have failed would have been….disastrous.

Shelly was not ‘alright’. She had said as much, but she was holding it together, which was a big plus, perhaps she just needed a moment to collect herself. Tony stayed right were he was and resolved simply to look over his shoulder to his friend.

“Well…?” He asked without spelling things out.

“Aunt Thea.” Colin said in answer after a beat, still looking around.

“I meant, where are we….” Tony pressed.

“Sorry, I was just…remembering.” Colin seemed to finally connect the dots as he now turned fully.

“We are in New York City. Central Park to be exact, and this is ‘Belvedere Castle’.” Colin gestured to the stone structure where they had ‘appeared’.

“My Aunt Thea used to bring me here to play when I was very young.”

There was a twinkle in the red head’s eye as he recalled fond memories from his past.

“She wasn’t really my Aunt, but a close family friend. Well, a close friend of my moms. ‘Aunt Tee’ was some kind of designer or something. I’m just trying to recall where exactly did she live. Was that Central Park East or West?”

As Colin began to ponder, Tony turned his head at a sound. It seemed someone was nearby, or below by the rocks, close to the water. Someone fishing maybe? But that’s not what drew his attention. He could hear a news cast. The anchor person sounded distressed- and with good reason.

Phoenix Arizona, the area closest to their hometown, was reportedly to be overrun by Malformed.

“We should really get going.” Tony put in after glancing at Shelly. They all needed to rest, too much was happening and they needed a moment to catch their collective breaths.

“Uh, yeah…”

Colin’s ashen expression was evidence that he too had heard the news.

“West, I think it was Central Park West.”

An arm is offered to Shelly, something palpable to hold onto, something real- just enough to ground her and to let her know she was not alone.

Tag: @Ktala

Randall/ Limos
    Feral by Nature

Randall the man, the soldier, quite literally transformed in front of the boy, who by now was overcome with sorrow and now fear. The man, the creature, or whatever it was that was now before him would certainly kill him dead.

But it did not.

Something was happening, something he did not understand, but every instinct in his body screamed for him to run.

At first, he had been too scared. His own body did not respond to his commands, his own legs seemed paralyzed.

Randall’s own struggle against Limo’s reverberated through the psychosphere, sending shockwaves that would cause ‘others’ to witness the outcome of said event. Others who for now would remain unknown and undetected, for Randall and Limos did not exist in a bubble- no, they coexisted in a much larger world.

A nearby growling sound caught the boy's attention and his breath caught in his throat, his eyes opened as wide as they could from terror.

Death sniffed the air, having sensed bloodshed and now death approached.

A jolt seemed to hit the boy and his legs finally came to life, immediately propelling him with desperate speed away, his bloodied dog seemingly forgotten as he fled, a slinet scream lodged still in his throat, powerful and impotent in its silence.

Two Claws now approached the awoken Limos.

They regarded him with their strange cyclopean helmets, snarling as they sniffed the blood stained air. This one, smelled different. It wasn’t afraid, but it wasn’t what it appeared, that was for sure. No, it wasn’t a man either.

But did it bleed like one?

The Claw which was closest balled its fists and flexed his forearms, popping its metallic claws, a challenging snarl issuing from its curled lips, the farthest one held its ground, guarding the rear.

Then in a flash of blurred motion, the first claw pounced on Limos, Claws slashing through the air, determined to slice him to ribbons and end a potential threat.

Limos was the picture of a man who had become fully Malformed.

Tag: @Narancia

SGC & Tenzin
    Mystic Masters Sanctum, London

It took him a moment, perhaps a bit longer than he would ever admit, but Tenzin finally noticed that something was amiss.

Master Isla had not responded, neither did she offer any comment to his incredible tale, unbelievable as it seemed. It was odd, that she had not even moved a muscle.

In fact, no one had.

Except for himself and SGC.

“It can’t be!” Tenzin exclaimed suddenly, apprehension evident in his voice as he placed his tea cup down and got up with a start.

Master Isla remained perfectly still as if frozen in time, the same was true for Dweomer.

“SGC!!” Tenzin called out with hushed urgency. “I think we’ve been found!”

The monk cursed under his breath. What an unsuspecting idiot he had been. Only now did he see it. Mordo and Kaecillius must have enchanted their very names to keep track of anyone who spoke them - and he had just done so.

“We have to leave…!”

There was a moment’s hesitation. Tenzin understood that if he used the Sling Ring, he could be tracked, or they could use the very opening he created to walk right through.

“Dammit!!”

’Twas in that moment that another alternative presented itself as a green swirling light began to expand at the edge of the room. That certainly was not the magic of Kamar taj!

//Quickly, enter the portal. It cannot be held open for long// a low gravelly voice spoke into their minds, which sounded strangely familiar, though feral in nature.

Surprise registered in Tenzin’s face, there was a flicker of resignation, followed by a sigh, then fierce determination.

“SGC!! You go ahead!!! I’ll try to hold them off! I’ll be right behind you.”

Tenzin’s eyes pleaded with his student, before he turned and began to weave warding signs and defensive spells. He could feel power building, rising.

“It’s me they want….” he blurted without meaning to.

//Hurry!// The voice urged.

Before them, a strange light began to seep through the cracks of the door.

Behind them, the greenish portal swirled as it remained open, but for how long before their escape was cut off.

SGC had only moments to decide which course of action he would take, before any attempts at escape was made null and void.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto *( @Jedi_padawan_leigh , mentioned )

Miles Morales
    At Home

Well, dinner had gone well. Mrs Morales cooking was always a hit with the men of her household. As per usual, their conversation began with Miles and his schoolwork, but then got more serious when Mr. Davis had mentioned how he had been approached by H.A.M.M.E.R recruiters.

It would appear that H.A.M.M.E.R was impressed by his service record and decided to pay him a visit. One did not simply join H.A.M.M.E.R without an invitation. The job technically involved greater risk, but it also offered greater reward. Mr. Davis would be making five times his current salary.

Not to mention, H.A.M.M.E.R equipment included all the latest High Tech gadgets.

How could anyone refuse?

“But what if you get called to fight a metahuman, Jeff? Did you forget what happened two years ago?”

She was referring to the Meta-Uprising.

“How many ‘normal’ people didn’t make it out of that, Jeff?”

It was a question, but she was not looking for an answer.

“No Jeff, it’s not a good idea. I don’t like it. You’re a fine cop, one that is alive and well.”

Jefferson Davis has a good life, all things considered. He is a good cop. He loves his wife and his son and the city he lives in. Of course, it’s not a perfect life, but it’s a good one, all things considered. What was so wrong about wanting to make it just a bit better?

Miles’ Dad patiently listens to his wife go on about the many reasons why he shouldn’t consider the offer.

Too dangerous. Too many hours. Too much risk. Too many metas. Too many villains and vigilantes *( there were no heroes ). What if this, what if that….

Looking at Miles, he silently shrugs and asks his son for ‘help’.

Jeff hadn’t decided on joining H.A.M.M.E.R. He’d simply decided to mention the recruitment offer. It seemed flattering- at the time.

But Miles would know his Mom wasn’t completely wrong ( except for the ‘no heroes’ part ). It was rough out there, because there were plenty of unregistered ‘capes’ running around, most of them ‘bad’, sad to say.

Miles didn’t have to think too hard when it came to the bad ones, because, he had seen one, not just that: he actually knew one- with a secret identity, just like him.

Out of the three people in the room, he was the only one who knew that his father’s brother, Uncle Aaron, was The Prowler.

“Miles, I asked what do you think about the offer?” Miles’ Mom repeated.

“We’d like your opinion on the matter.”

Tag: @Master Vo'Un'Var

OOC: Decided to do these in parts. More Updates to come, combos continuing.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    SGC
    Mystic Masters Sanctum, London

Sitting there, enjoying his little foods with little tea he did not notice anything by the silence, perhaps the Masters were communing with looks and shared understanding. SGC looked about, paying attention when his master exclaimed “It can’t be!” Tenzin suddenly stated in agitation. Following his lead SGC set his tea cup down and got up.

Master Isla remained perfectly still as if frozen in time, the same was true for Dweomer.

“SGC!!” Tenzin called out with hushed urgency. “I think we’ve been found!”

SGC turned his head sideways at his master, "By who?" it was the obvious question. SGC did not see the connection with what was happening and whom they could be under attack by.

“We have to leave…!”

Obviously, they had been found by someone that alarmed his master and so most sensibly they should leave. He looked to his master in expectation but he didn't see the man opening a portal. "Master?" He softly asked.

“Dammit!!” Tenzin stated.

’Twas in that moment that another alternative presented itself as a green swirling light began to expand at the edge of the room. That certainly was not the magic of Kamar taj!

//Quickly, enter the portal. It cannot be held open for long// a low gravelly voice spoke into their minds, which sounded strangely familiar, though feral in nature. SGC was going to foolish when he met the source of the voice, SGC just knew it, but could not place right now.

“SGC!! You go ahead!!! I’ll try to hold them off! I’ll be right behind you.” Tenzin stated, looking at him with rounded eyes, before he turned and began to weave warding signs and defensive spells. He could feel power building, rising.

“It’s me they want….” Tenzin blurted, and SGC who had been turning to do as he was told, stopped. He looked at his master then with pure confusion. If they wanted him then he should go first, not SGC.

//Hurry!// The voice urged.

Before them, a strange light began to seep through the cracks of the door.

Behind them, the greenish portal swirled as it remained open, but for how long before their escape was cut off.

SGC reached to embrace his master and forcefully leap through the green portal. He might not have enough time, anything could go wrong, but if they wanted his master then that was what they absolutely could not have!

Tag: @greyjedi125 *( @Jedi_padawan_leigh , mentioned )

12. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Miles Morales
    Miles' room, Home

[​IMG]

Miles Morales, known by most as Spider-Man, was in his zone sketching out a piece he planned to use later on. As he sat detailing the intricacies with a felt-tip pen, the sound of Swae Lee and Post Malone calmed him as he continued to draw, humming along with the tune.

I gotta throw this one up tonight! He thought to himself, glancing to his backpack which was stuffed with cans of spray paint. The song came to a close, and Miles heard the familiar voice of his mother.

"Miles! Hora de cenar!"

Miles winced. Judging by the tone of his mother's voice, she'd called more than once.

"Un momento mama!" He yelled, before closing his sketchbook and running towards the dinner table.

The food, as usual, was delicious. The comfort found in any mother's food was insurmountable. He couldn't help but smile while he ate.

Life was good. Sure, he had the immense weight of having to balance family life and hero life, and hide it too, but things were good.

His brow raised when he heard his dad, Jeff Davis, talk about being approached by H.A.M.M.E.R. His mom reacted exactly as Miles had expected.

Internally, he winced again when his mother referred to heroes as vigilantes with no law. When his mom asked him what he thought on the matter, he finished his mouthful of food before answering.

"Well... Mom does have a point... But is it every day you get approached by H.A.M.M.E.R?" Miles asked, rhetorically. He understood that his mother would worry, but Miles had a strange sense of pride when he thought that he and his dad could fight villains side-by-side, even if it were not conscious on his dad's part.

"I think you should take it, dad." Miles answered, before finishing his food.

"Is it alright if I leave the table?" He asked, wanting to go out and find a spot to throw up his piece he'd designed.

@greyjedi125

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  13. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: A combo with the wonderous GM @greyjedi125

IC: Arthur Sanders
    Morlock Underground

Arthur's eyes darted slightly heading to the spot Brihk had indicated as he took his seat. He began to unwrap the extra burger, his eyes sparking in anticipation at how beautiful it looked.

He looked to Brihk, the ice still noticeable in his hair and arms. He looked up with his earnest eyes meeting Brihk's for a moment before glancing off to the side.

"So... er... I-I don't exactly know what t-the M-Morlocks are..."

He looked down to the burger again and began to take a bite, the rich flavors mixing in his mouth in a truly satisfying manner, oh how glorious this was. A glance upward as he looked to Brihk's response.

"Hmmm......" Brihk intoned softly as she grew pensive, the tip of her right forefinger coming up to her lips. "What is a Morlock, who are the Morlocks?" She repeated trying out the weight of the question for herself.

"That's a good question." She conceded, then gave a nod followed by a small sigh.

"Well, our history is lengthy and a bit involved, so we can leave that for a bit later if you don't mind." This she said with a slightly apologetic tone. "However, we Morlocks are nearly all mutants, meta-humans who have no place in established society, but have found a home, here, below the city."

Brihk gestured all around them as if presenting a 'Grand Palazzo'. "It's not much, but we do call it home." Her words seemed like a reaffirmation of sorts before she allowed herself to continue.

"We do have a loose structure of governance, thankfully- else none of this would be here, or possible for that matter."

Her expression softened just a bit as she regarded Arthur for a moment, noticing his needy state.

"We will get you out of those and into something reasonably more presentable, you've certainly earned it." She observed, offering an encouraging smile.

"So, what can you tell me about yourself?" Brihk asked, cheering up as her curiosity was peaked, her head tilting quizzically.

"Who is Arthur? Inquiring minds and all that, you know..."

Arthur continued to wolf down his burger as he listened to Brihk, his eyes focused solely on the burger. He had finished most of it by the time she asked her question. He glanced up for a moment his eyes still sheepish before looking down once more.

"Well I-I'm from a little, nowhere town in the midwest... I'm a nobody really and then one day I realized I had t-these powers...I came here to get rid of them..."

He looked up to Brihk, his eyes beginning to water up.

"Please, can you help me? Is there a way to get rid of them?"

There was a silence that followed, even as Brihk beheld Arthur's turmoil. The boy seemed anguished as he pleaded to have his powers taken away. It sounded like he thought of them as a burden, which in actuality, they were not. Of course, she understood all too well why he would feel that way. It all started so long ago, with the introduction of the Superhero Registration Act. The 'normal folks' in power were very fearful of the 'potential threat' those with power represented, so they crafted an elaborate trap that birthed their own worst nightmare. Everything had only gone downhill ever since, for today it was legal for 'Bounty Hunters' to hunt and collar any 'unregistered' metahuman- as if they were wild animals.

Brihk changed her train of thought and focused on Arthur, lest she bristle reflexively was somehow misunderstood for it.

"Well....." She began carefully, finding her voice once again.

"Yes, there are ways to do that, to get rid of powers...but....." her eyes found Arthur's, she needed to see the truth of it.

"Why would you want to do that? Is that what you truly want?"

Maybe, just maybe, she could talk him out of making a decision he would forever regret.

Arthur looked down for a moment, his eyes quiet with contemplation. A few tears ran down his face, he was unable to bring himself to look at Brihk. He had lived all alone for the last few months not telling anyone, it built up within him coming gushing out like a tidal wave.

"I killed my mother with my powers, I-I did not mean to s-she was beating me and t-the anger built up until... I can't control my powers, t-they are too dangerous..."

He crawled up into a ball, tears flowing from his eyes, the image of his mother's corpse fresh in his mind, pierced with ice and charred with fire. He had almost lost it again earlier if it had not been for his two newfound friends.

Ice began to travel all along his arms and back and along with his head. It was thick a covering, his eyes now looking to Brihk.

"No matter how much ice I make I can never feel the cold, please, please help me,"

She hadn’t been aware of her initial reaction to Arthur’s revelation, as her eyes momentarily grew wide in surprise, but then they softened with compassion.

So, he’d slain his ‘caretaker’ in self-defense and was consequently drowning in feelings of guilt. One tragedy had begotten another. That was the reason for Arthur being a runaway, for wanting to ‘get rid’ of his powers. The real monster had twisted his mind into despising his own gift.

Brihk tried not to focus on conjecturing past abuses but focused on the boy before her. Lost, tired, and afraid and presently covered by a layer of protective ice.

“You are safe now, Arthur.”

Brihk said in a reassuring tone as she moved closer, the way an older sister would.

“It’s Ok, I can’t feel the ice either…see.”

With her hand, Brihk caressed the side of Arthur’s head without any issue. Her metahuman ability allowed her biology to become as dense as a ‘brick’ and just as ‘sensitive’. In essence, She could withstand extreme temperatures as well as become resistant to physical trauma, not to mention exert a greater amount of strength. However, that level of insensitivity also had its downside, especially if she engaged her power for long periods of time.

“Rest for now…” She instructed soothingly. “We’ll make it all better soon.” She promised.

Brihk smiled softly, then sighed. She hadn’t shown any hesitation, but in her mind, she did pause before she resolved to use one of her hidden talents- from before she was Brihk and life was…normal.

Without being bidden, she simply began to hum a lullaby she used to love.

Tears would continue to stream down Arthur's face as the lullaby washed over him. Slowly, ever so slowly, the ice began to melt away, peeling back and away as he in turn allowed his guard to come down. The protective covering falling away as for the first time in months a small smile wafted its way onto his face. And for once in his life, including before his powers, he felt normal...or rather...he finally had something that he could relate to. His eyes then began to droop, his eyes closing ever so slowly as he softly spoke two words to Brihk before slipping away altogether.

"Thank you,"

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly
    Someplace safer?

'Get it together!! ' Shelly could practically hear her inner self scream at her. 'So what. Ya got hitched. Its gone. Nothing you can do about it now. Snap out of it!"

Shelly was aware that Tony was next to her. They were in an area with trees. She had heard the term safe. She chuckled softly. Every time she thought she had found a 'safe' place, it was snatched from her. Within a week, her entire world had been flipped. And whatever had happened, she was still alive. Which could mean she could still do something. Giant robots, malformed, so much Shelly heard Colin's comments.

“We are in New York City. Central Park to be exact, and this is ‘Belvedere Castle’.” Colin gestured to the stone structure where they had ‘appeared’.

“My Aunt Thea used to bring me here to play when I was very young.” Colin paused for a moment, and then continued.

“She wasn’t really my Aunt, but a close family friend. Well, a close friend of my mom's. ‘Aunt Tee’ was some kind of designer or something. I’m just trying to recall where exactly did she live. Was that Central Park East or West?”

Shelly's head shot up. New York? She flexed her fingers. Too close to her liking. But she had no idea what 'they' would be like in this .. this reality? And she didn't want to find out. She was vaguely aware of a radio playing someplace, but she wasn't paying attention. She needed to get her bearings. Not using her own transportation seemed to leave her a bit disoriented.

“We should really get going,” Tony stated. Collins agreed.

“West, I think it was Central Park West.”

As Shelly moved to stand, an arm was offered to Shelly. She looked up with a weak smile and took the arm offered.

"Do I look that bad?" she stated as she slowly stood up, trying to sound normal, as she put on a brave face. She could lose it later. Right now, getting someplace out of the strangeness of what was happening sounded really good to her right now. Just getting indoors was a welcomed idea. She needed to pull herself together. And eat.

Yes, eating sounded good right now.

Shelly looked towards the grand-looking building. She then looked over at Colins. "Hope somebody there still remembers you," she added softly.

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Interlude

It took sometime for Colin’s memory to finally get past a bout of hazy recollections, as he could not recall if his Aunt actually lived on 77 West Broadway, or West 77 street, Central Park West. On what seemed like instinct more than anything else, the redhead took a chance and walked up to the closed glass door on 40th West 77th Street.

The place was clearly a luxury living space, fully automated. There were no visible guards surrounding the well manicured area, but he was fairly certain they were being watched by security. Thus far, no one had really paid attention to them, apparently it wasn’t that unusual to see collared mutants walking around with a human handler. Walking up to the wrong building might raise some suspicion however.

“Are you sure this is the right address?” Tony whispered to his friend, a hint of slight concern in his voice. Walking around ‘acting normal’ was one thing- this? Not so much, especially if they got it wrong. Colin nodded affirmatively and took in a breath, before looking over his shoulder at Shelly, his green eyes silently asking her to ‘get ready’.

Colin then regarded the electronic keypad before him. It would be a simple thing to enter the passcode as if nothing was amiss, but in truth, he had hoped that being this close would jar his memory. He had watched his Aunt enter the code more than once, but had never entered it himself, so he couldn’t depend on muscle memory to guide him.

Pointing his finger and moving just a step closer, his hand hovered over the keypad. He tried not to look nervous, but he was pretty sure it showed on his face. He was also sure there was a hidden camera somewhere and that they were all being watched; his confidence, he could feel it quickly slipping away, evaporating like a mist in daylight.

“Uh….guys….” he stammered.

Hearing footsteps on the sidewalk he froze, not wanting to turn around. Was a pedestrian just passing? or……

[Greetings Colin, would you like me to open the door?]

The redhead almost felt himself jump out of clothes!! His heart had skipped a beat! Colin deflated, all the tension draining from him as he now smiled. How could he have forgotten?

Synthia!! Hello, Hi!!” he now called out, his smile broadening and his confidence quickly returning.

“Hey guys, it’s Synthia.” He informed his fried, joy and relief evident on his face. Tony cocked his head to one side and blinked at him.

“Right, right…hmm, yes, me and my friends would love to come up. Could you please admit us?”

[With pleasure. Entry granted.]

With a click, the glass doors were opened and the trio could enter the spacious and luxurious lobby of the building. No one was there to greet them, however, one of several elevators did open as they walked, bidding them to step inside.

Colin looked back and nodded, making the ‘Ok’ sign with his fingers before stepping in. “It’s all coming back now.” He whispered to his friend.

As expected the elevator ride was short and silent. After mere moments, the double doors opened on a luxurious floor, admitting the trio into a receiving room.

[​IMG]

Tony whistled appreciatively as he took it all in. Colin looked back to Shelly, then gave a proud smile. He’d managed to get them to safety, without too much trouble.

“What did you say your Aunt did for a living again?” Tony inquired, still taking in the surroundings.

“I think she was some kind of designer for the Baxter Foundation.”

[That is correct ] Synthia’s voice interjected from nowhere and everywhere, yet confirming the matter.

Tag: @Ktala

SGC
    Full Circle

The intention had been simple. The intention had been good. Tenzin remembered the conversation well, as if it were yesterday.

“Teach him. Teach him that there is good in the world. That humans can be good. Teach him empathy. Kindness. Teach him to connect with others, especially those who are different. Teach him not to judge those who readily judge him. Not to be afraid of his powers, or anything he can do. Teach him, that without natural love, we are doomed.”

The memory came suddenly, unbidden. It triggered the moment he’d ordered his pupil to flee to safety, in the moment he believed would be his last; that he had failed his charge: SGC.

Tenzin was ready to make a stand to fend off their pursuers, Kaecilius and his band of mystic hunters. He could feel the barrier he’d erected beginning to give, to fail just as he had. But behind him, SCG would go free. He’d been so certain of this- that is, until he felt himself lifted off his feet!! Had he been taken by surprise!!??

Two bodies made it through the mysterious green portal, one created by magics not of Kamar Taj. In a blink of an eye, they had gone from the Mystic Masters Sanctum in London and emerged elsewhere.

Both Tenzin and SCG fell unceremoniously upon the hard marble floors, skidding and sprawling like discarded rag dolls. It would take a moment for the two to gather their wits about them, to get a good look at the chamber they now found themselves in. But when they did so, the first being they would see would be a not too unfamiliar form.

[​IMG]

“It would seem…you are not dead.”

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

Miles Morales
    No Place like Home

They both looked at their son with different measures of surprise. His mothers drew back, eyebrow raised, head tilting to one side. Had her son not heard things correctly? His father was contemplating getting into greater danger.

Miles’ father blinked, playing back his son’s answer in his mind, then smiled at the endorsement. Taking ‘Dad’s side’ in these matters was always tricky business, but also took courage and maturity, which made him secretly proud.

“Leave the table?” His mom echoed as she gathered her wits.

“Go ahead son.” His father interjected quickly before his wife could fully recover. Rio just gave him a look. She held her husband’s gaze as he simply smiled a her, she in turn spoke at the retreating Miles.

“Don’t forget to complete your homework.” She stated, slowly shaking her head at her husband, who was now busy trying to make her smile.

Tag: @Master Vo'Un'Var

@Ameteth (Combo to continue), @Narancia (Combo to continue), @The Jedi in the Pumas (Combo to start), @galactic-vagabond422 (Tag in progress), @darthbernael (Tag in progress), @TheAdmiral (Tag in progress), @Darth_Elu (Tags in progress), @Shadowsun (Tag in progress), @Sinrebirth (Tag in progress)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    A brief combo with @Narancia

Randall and Limos saw the being that stepped out of the shadows, and like the shell of a body that housed Limos and Randall, it was an abomination of nature; its claws protruded from its fist, and its demeanor was non-existent like Limos and Randall it was a shell of whatever it used to be before.

Randall?

Kill it.

[​IMG]

Limos became ecstatic for the first time he was given absolute free control; at this moment, Randall had allowed Limos to rampage. Against a scary-looking foe, no less...

"We make for such a good team, dear Randall."

Limos said this audibly, not caring if the kid heard him. Not caring if the kid was disturbed. At this moment, Limos was free. So Limos rushed the beast without a care in the world.

Being Free.

Perhaps for the first time.

It meant one could possibly miss a few things.

Like the boy, who had fled in absolute terror, leaving his dead dog behind- self-preservation propelling his every stride.

Or seeing one Claw, instead of two. The first one had already launched himself attacking, the second remained in the back ground, securing the rear.

Or the fact that they wore H.A.M.M.E.R insignias on their suits, which tied them to a larger organization. Or the helmets they wore. Perhaps all those things didn't go on noticed, but were simply - neglected.

It didn't matter. The survival rate of anyone who faced a Claw attack was zero. Well, that wasn't technically true, but that was neither here or there.

The first claw attacked with blinding speed as he torqued through the air, much like a tornado of razor sharp claws. The back spinning attack slashed at Limo's throat, intent on severing his head clean off from his shoulders, even as the immediately following attack was intended to sink deep into his chest, cleaving his heart and lungs in pieces- and protrude mercilessly through his back.

Hence: zero chance for survival.

Technically speaking.

Well, this is awkward. Limos just reached his full potential, only to be stabbed repeatedly by this horror. Limos tried to fight the being off; however, its strength was beyond anything Limos had ever faced before.

Randall was a human soldier, but now they're facing horrors of death, enhanced with metal claws.

Limos felt his blood spurting everywhere. His will might've been strong, but his body was still weak. Limos held the monstrosities forearm and attempted to bite into it; Limos needed meat; he needed to heal.

And so, a monstrous symbiosis was inadvertently formed. The Claw savaged Limos' body, even while the newly freed Limos gorged himself on the fleshy arm of his opponent. Limos; desperately consuming bio-matter to repair the damage he was sustaining, needful bio-matter for regeneration. That Limos had not died almost immediately from his grievous injury drew the attention of the second Claw; nothing living should have survived for that long. Seeing the desperate struggle, it stalked forth, fangs bared and metallic Claws protruding menacingly from its fists.

Inside a moment, it moved around the two battling figures, disappearing from Limos' peripheral vision.

A growl would precede the act of decapitation, an act that would take place in the span of a single heartbeat.

Limos was too focused on 'feeding' and failed to notice the second Claw, whose aim would be clinically precise. The 'death blow' would be lightning quick and hardly felt.

An unseen white flash pulsed-out at the moment of death. There would ensue a psychic backlash, one so strong that even the Claws in their savagery would feel it, as Limos' head rolled to the ground. His regenerating body would convulse violently for several moments, before becoming still.

Savage violence would then come to a disquieting end.

The two Claws would recover their senses, then sniff the air, allowing their keenness to inform them of a confirmed kill. Slowly, they would turn, their metallic claws retracting into their arms- even as new orders came through their helmets. An unregistered rouge mutant had been contained, long before he could become a threat. The Claws had done their work, then began to move away, now leaving behind a quickly decomposing mass that had been Limos. It was uncertain what the H.A.M.M.E.R Forensics Team would find at the site, aside from a dead dog.

The encounter was now over, or at least that as true for this encounter. As it was, only The Watcher would know, whether or not this was a fixed moment, or if elsewhere, Limos would experience and alternate fate - and live.

*( @Sinrebirth, The Watcher , mentioned )

Thank you @Narancia for joining Marvel: A New Breed. Here's hoping that we get to share some adventures, somewhere in the future. We miss you already!

17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    SGC
    Full Circle

SGC did not know if they would make it, if this would work. SGC just knew he could not leave without trying to save his Master who was trying to sacrifice himself for SGC. SGC never had wanted someone to die for him, and he was not about to let a friend do such a thing. Tenzin could not be allowed to do such a thing.

Their two bodies made it through the mysterious green portal, the unknown path that only offered better than the battle coming for them by the fact they did not know what it held. A static unknown balanced against a bad present leaves little choice. Tenzin and SCG fell unceremoniously upon the hard marble floors that waited for them on the other side of the unknown portal. They skidded and sprawled in the unceremonious heaps with which their hasty departure granted them. Slowly as breath entered his body and his mind relinquished itself from fear that they might not make it or might not make it without loosing parts, SGC was able to look at the chamber they now found themselves in. The first being to be found was a being in a not too unfamiliar form.

“It would seem…you are not dead.” the large cat person stated.

"It would seem so, although I could be hallucinating." SGC simply stated. "Do you see what I do Master Tenzin? Are we home?"

18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Daken
    Disclosure

Many hours later…

The realm of dreams is often fraught with mysteries, many of origins unknown, though there are times when the opposite is true. Perhaps this was such a time; for Daken, though asleep, would see and recognize the scene playing out in his sleeping mind. Much like a forensic prodigy, pieces of a puzzle would fall curiously into place, knowing what he now knew, both consciously and in his subconscious.

At once he would recognize the brownstone where ‘The Five’ were scheduled to meet, but he would see only two in the adjacent room. Instantly, he would recognize Reaper, who judging by his posture, was antagonizing another: Wild Child.

It would not take long for their barbed exchange to turn hostile and for Wild Child to fall for the bait as he pounced with unfurling furry and attacked the larger man, completely unafraid. The clash would result in a very impressive exchange of martial skills by both combatants. Fists, kicks, fangs and claws would rain down. Reapers tenacity was matched by Wild Child agility, their combat skills marking them as superior mercenaries. However, Wild Child’s healing factor grated him an edge, for with it, he would outlast his boastful opponent.

Daken had scented the remnants of their clash long ago, in another time and place, his mind had pieced it all together in his subconscious, but something was missing: a piece of the puzzle which he now possessed.

Reaper brought out his Scythe and Wild Child scoffed in response. It wouldn’t make a difference, not with his healing abilities. Of course, he would have been right, if it wasn’t for the fact that upon the first slash across his abdomen, he wasn’t able to heal that wound, nor the next after that, or the one that followed.

To no one’s surprise, Reaper took his time before finishing the gruesome deed. He laughed with mocking satisfaction, despite now having to explain it all to the ‘Boss’.

The large man turned now, his gaze speaking of dark intent as he leered and looked straight at Daken.

*****************​

[Daken, come in. If you’re getting this, meet me at the following coordinates. We need to talk.]

The voice was coming from his personal communicator. The volume was so low, it would be impossible to hear, that is, for anyone else who’s hearing was not as keen as Daken’s. The one calling at quarter past five in the morning, was Taskmaster. His former ‘Boss’.

Looking around, the charismatic mutant would find himself once again in Dr. Karla Sofen’s’s bed. For the moment, Moonstone wore a soft smile while she soundly slept.

It wouldn’t be the first time Daken would slip-out from under the covers and quite likely, not the last.

Tag: @darthbernael

Agent 77 & Nolan Cross
    Grand Central Safe Zone

Nolan chuckled audibly at Helena’s jest regarding Cap’s Shield or Stark’s Armor. Almost every White Star Agent wished for such gear ay some point in their career. Agent Sethlan allowed himself a sympathetic smile, as he was inadvertently sobered by the very fact of their ‘lost heroes’. It was appropriate to honor them in good humor.

Still, Helena was had asked several important questions.

“It is not required for you to take MGH or any of its derivatives, we strongly discourage it, however: Should you find yourselves in a situation where you absolutely have no choice but to use it, then so be it. We certainly hope it doesn’t come to that- hence your assigned back-up.”

Sethlan paused and looked to both agents, nodding once before continuing.

“As for your gear, you will be fitted and equipped with the best we have to offer. Medkits, neutralizers, ballistic under armor, comsat communicators, hybrid-tech weapons and much more. This is a critical op you two will be undertaking , one which needs to succeed.”

With a smooth motion, Sethland deftly made an entry on the VR-keyboard on his wrist communicator.

“You’re both receiving a higher clearance for the duration of this op. along with all commensurate benefits. This action will conclude the official debrief, which frees you to speak candidly if you wish to do so now.”

Nolan nodded in understanding, then uncrossed his arms to crack his knuckles. He waited a few more moments, reviewing the information given before speaking.

“I guess it’s safe to assume you’ll be tracking us as well, I mean, if you’re upgrading us that much.”

Sethland smiled and nodded affirmatively.

“Good to know. I have a few toys in mind I’d like to get my hands on.” Nolan concluded, a hint of a sly smile gracing his lips.

“What about you, Helena?” Sethlan inquired of Agent 77, his bearing now more casual than before.

Tag: @TheAdmiral

Arthur Sanders
    Morlock Underground

The young man had had a long an eventful day, one that thankfully, ended in peaceful sleep. For the moment, Arthur was safe, laying on a cot. Brihk was there, fast asleep a few feet from him.

No one would hunt him, or harm him because he was different. Down here, he was the same as everyone else.

Except, Arthur did not wish to have these powers. He thought them a burden, a curse. They were the reason he suffered. Life would be normal, would be best, if he didn’t have such terrible powers.

Power to scorch with Flames or entomb in Ice.

Somewhere inside him, in whatever passed for dreams in the mind of the youth, a cowled figure intruded. A figure who’s facial features were obscured by shadow, but who’s eyes softly glowed with suffused power. Arthur would hear a voice, or was it many voices?

“Is the gift a burden?” It asked. “Do you reject this gift?” It questioned. “If so…..”

A hand reached out from beneath dark robes, moving languidly, but with purpose.

“…then, I can make your burden lighter. I can remove the curse, this gift, if you truly wish it.”

The hand grew steadily closer and larger, the glowing eyes brightened with intent.

“All you have to do is take my hand - and let go!”

Inside the hood, a shock of white would suddenly light up as the hand began to enclose around ‘dream’ Arthur.

Tag: @Shadowsun

Bluline & Casey
    Hideout & Home

The night was past as did the events of yesterday. It was a new day, which meant new opportunities. Well, that was the idea.

Doc played pleasant music for the benefit of both Blue and Casey. He played songs he’d analyzed from past experience, thrones they listened to with greater frequency, the ones they reacted too positively.

Zephyr had gone out, but that was never an issue, as long as the dark haired meta wore his communicator.

Casually, as the two remaining members of Team Argus started their day, Doc would allow certain updates to play on the mission monitor when they were close. For Blue, he’d play certain news updates which reported reduced trafficking of Metamin in their area, which suggested heightened safety for the affected neighborhoods.

For Casey, he would play news reports of decreased unrest at the Hudson Yards Metahuman holding facility, hopefully for her peace of mind.

Should they find it suitable to interact with him, he would be ready to answer their inquiries to the best of his abilities. It was his way of trying to help, if at all possible.

There was one more thing he was monitoring.

Someone was covertly and meticulously combing over Crime Alley, which was the last place G-13, Sapient League and Team Argus had clashed. Now that was very curious, and definitely something he would keep his eye on.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422, @Ameteth * mentioned, combo continues

SGC & Tenzin
    A Familiar Place

[​IMG]
    Wundagore Citadel

**********​

"Do you see what I do Master Tenzin? Are we home?"

SGC’s question echoed, even as they bounced off the familiar walls.

Tenzin did a double take as he looked around, his face clearly showing his surprise and disbelief. He then turned towards the one who had created the portal.

Lord Rakshasa…” Tenzin exclaimed as he sat up, then moved to check on SGC.

“Are we back on Wundagore Mountain?” Tenzin asked, though the answer should have been obvious. Given the fact it was not his portal they had gone through, corroborated to his disorientation.

“You are.” The mystic felinoid answered factually, his sharp gaze scrutinizing both mentor and student.

“Thank you, truly….but, how did you….”

“An old enchantment placed on SGC before his departure many moons ago. A promise kept and a necessary contingency by the looks of it.”

Tenzin winced at that last part, understanding it as a criticism leveled at his lack. Dusting himself off, the monk helped his student to his feet, then bowed to the magic wielding feline.

“You have my eternal gratitude.”

“Hmmh.” Was all Rakshasa managed before speaking again.

“The Knights are currently out on patrol.” He informed, his bearing softening just a little.

“Your old rooms are still available to you, if you wish for a respite. I shall summon the Major-domo to receive you and show you the way, unless Noble SGC wishes otherwise.”

Rakshasa’s smoldering gaze now remained on SGC, which prompted Tenzin to regard his pupil as well, as silence filled the chamber anew.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

Daisy & Cameron
    White Star HQ

She was grateful that she had actually been allowed to get the much needed two hours of natural sleep, which was more of a nap more than anything else. Daisy now sat at her desk pouring over reports as the stims in her system did their work to keep her alert. The blue light of her tablet lit her face as she leaned back on her chair, brows knotted in concentration. There was a great deal to take in on a daily basis, but now a new crisis had reared its head.

A wave of Malformed was now running rampant in the Phoenix Arizona area.The initial reports were not very encouraging. Locally, a Claw Patrol was reported to have eliminated a Malformed threat just Downtown. Could that be just a simple coincidence?

Doubtful

Cameron?” The White Star chief called out, her eyes never leaving the scrolling reports in front of her.

“Are you asleep?”

Daisy paused for a moment, half listening before speaking again.

“You’d better be asleep…” she said mostly to herself.

The two of them would need their rest, there was no doubt about that. From what she could see, it could be another three days before either of them would allow themselves another moment to get some ’shut-eye’.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

Isaac & Jade
    Boston Apartment

Jade’s eyes remained firmly set on Isaac’s, the strength of her gazing holding his in place. It seemed she would look into his soul while he answered and see the truth of his words for herself.

“I do ( understand )”, came his soft reply, to which she ever so slightly nodded. He hadn’t blinked as he spoke the words. Yes, Isaac spoke truthfully, beyond any doubt. She could see that now.

“But you must be as sure as possible.” He stated. Jade’s eyes quivered ever so slightly. She wasn’t entirely sure, not yet. She was only telling herself that she was.

Jade had almost looked away at Isaac’s mention of her Uncle. She did not wish to think of him in the past tense, which was something she found herself doing, rather, forcing herself to do- more often each day. She needed closure…still, even through the pain, something didn’t feel quite right.

“If you go through with this, where to from there?” Isaac asked. It was a good question.

‘A dojo’, was what she thought in her mind. ‘I don’t know’ was what she felt in her heart. The dissonance was clear in her eyes, which for the briefest moment, looked as if she were staring ‘far away’. Still, she needed to offer an answer, one that would support the conclusion she had reached in her mind. It was the logical thing to do.

Firefly saw it. Jade was about to say it. She breathed in air into her lungs and her lips were beginning to part, as that very air rushed forward to allow her to speak words that she would not be able to take back- to speak into being, a sequence that might trigger a lifetime of regret.

Immediately, Firefly twirled in mid air, tinkling musically - before she dashed to a nearby table. She too concentrated as she poured on a burst of speed. Between the blinking of an eye, Firefly reached Jade’s cellphone and ‘booped’ it once.

Jade’s cell phone began to buzz frantically as several messages began to pour in.

The sound distracted her, causing her to blink and lose her train of thought as her mind was caught between whatever she was about to say and the messages being received.

“I….” Jade stammered, frowning now and unable to complete or express her thought. She let out an exasperated sigh.

“Sorry….” She breathed out as she stepped aside and moved to pick up her phone, which had annoyed her. Of course, such ‘bad timing’ was always a thing.

“Huh!” She exclaimed, her head tilting curiously to one side.

“Just got several orders for the apothecary. I didn’t expect any this early.”

Looking over her shoulder at Isaac, Jade seemed more herself now. “Thanks.” She said offering a small smile. “For everything.” She added after a beat.

“Guess we'd better start getting ready and get going. No use wasting time.”

Jade spoke as she backed up, giving Isaac half a smile before turning away and disappearing to her room.

Firefly flew over to Isaac, tinkling her comments as she wiped an imaginary drop of sweat from her brow. Dealing with young humans was always so much work.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

Uatu the Watcher
    The Heaviest Oath

From the Blue Area of the Moon, he watched as was his sworn duty. He was gifted with the ability to see great events and more, but bound by an oath of non interference, an oath he has sworn never to break.

A being of his standing within the greater scheme of things well knew the magnitude of such an oath, what it meant to keep it or break it., yet still, he would be sorely tested in all accounts.

Uatu’s sight would alert him of a series of aligned star gates appearing in succession, used to bridge the distance between planets. Something or someone had created them and was no approaching the third plant from the sun. It was then that a voice would seek to reach into his mind and speak in a brusk manner.

{{Hear me Watcher. I have come as bid by my Master, who has tasked me to test the worth of your oath! }}

The voice felt powerful, mocking, filled with cosmic power.

{{Too long have I waited for such a moment, yet, I intend to savor it. Behold!!}}

A wave of power is felt, causing a tremor upon the very ground. The Watcher’s Citadel would shake to its foundations. The tremors would continue for some time as creatures start to arise.

[​IMG]

Half a dozen of the powerful looking creatures, eradiated with cosmic energy begin to move towards the Watcher and his Citadel. Their manner and intent is readily apparent, as they would not be dissuaded by rational discourse. Standing at 12 feet in height, they each move with massive frames, with a grace which belies their corpulence.

However, a fierce quake cracks the lunar surface, revealing a champion who towers above them all, a massive and towering titan who is ten times their size.

[​IMG]

{{Show me the meaning of your oath, Watcher. I hope for your sake, you intend to break it!!}}

The voice laughs in a manner most derisive, fully intending to follow through with the menace it presented.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

@HanSolo29, Sending you a PM :)

Please forgive any and all typos you may encounter :p

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Uatu
    Watching

This branch universe was among the most devastating. Not all of them were so full of hope and drama and torture. It was not the saddest, no. There were many sadder.

Uatu knew them all.

But clearly he was known here.

Being targeted.

But he could not intervene.

His oath had to be strengthened anew.

But.

It was one thing to stay out of events.

It was another to be attacked.

He had to speak.

“I mean you no harm. Your Masters’ plans, I shall not interfere with them. I merely exist. This universe is your own to do as you please.” A smile of sorts. “To intervene would mean I remove the chance for the heroes to grow, to defeat you, to become their best selfs.”

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    SGC
    Wundagore Citadel

Tenzin did a double take as he looked around, his face clearly showing his surprise and disbelief. He then turned towards the one who had created the portal.

“Lord Rakshasa…” Tenzin exclaimed as he sat up, then moved to check on SGC. SGC felt embarrassed as he sat up, sat up only to bow in greeting to Lord Rakshasa.

“Are we back on Wundagore Mountain?” Tenzin asked, was he in shock? That was Lord Rakshasa, these walls looked familiar. Where else could they be?

“You are.” The mystic felinoid answered factually, his sharp gaze scrutinizing both mentor and student.

“Thank you, truly….but, how did you….”

“An old enchantment placed on SGC before his departure many moons ago. A promise kept and a necessary contingency by the looks of it.”

Instinctively SGC put a hand to his chest, as though he could feel such a thing within himself. Bowing his head he tried to show his thanks for this. The monk helped SGC to his feet, then bowed to the magic wielding feline.

“You have my eternal gratitude.” That was a bit dramatic, I mean even SGC knew that.

“Hmmh.” Was all Rakshasa managed before speaking again. SGC thought maybe he agreed with SGC about that being dramatic.

“The Knights are currently out on patrol.” He informed, his bearing softening just a little. “Your old rooms are still available to you, if you wish for a respite. I shall summon the Major-domo to receive you and show you the way, unless Noble SGC wishes otherwise.”

Rakshasa’s smoldering gaze now remained on SGC, which prompted Tenzin to regard his pupil as well, as silence filled the chamber anew. "No. I. . .wish nothing. . .unless, not too much trouble. Lord Rakshasa, can you tell us, what has happened to the world? It is. . .strange."

21. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline and Casey
    HomeOut or Hideome

Blue was awake before the alarm, or what passed for an alarm. Doc playing some acoustic guitar that was a fun tune a person could dance to if they were so inclined. Blue, ever stoic was not, though he could recall an evening where he perched on a rooftop and watched Lordes do so. He didn't know if she saw him before she started, but he made sure she did when she was finished. She smiled at him curling her finger towards herself, inviting him to join her. There was a moment he considered it, thought about crossing the street and joining her. It was tempting he couldn't deny but, he was already too close, and he couldn't let himself get more attached than he already was.

It was still hard to walk away, now any time he hears that song, all he sees is her, shining in the street lamps, her chest rising and falling with her breaths.

He rose from the bed putting on his hoodie that he was using as a blanket and tying the bandanna around his head. A simple man with a simple morning routine. Walking out of his room, he didn't see anyone else awake, not an uncommon thing for him. He picked up his communicator that was near the exit, checking it he found a message from Zephyr, he was out this morning? Was Blue rubbing off on him?

Shaking his head he opened the fridge looking for leftovers or something to eat, before he too headed out.

The peppy almost defiant song played waking Casey from her slumber. It's upbeat tune and positive lyrics were a good way for her to start the day, though it didn't fully erase the events of last night. She found herself drawn to these kinds of songs, fun, light and straightforward. Sure she didn't exactly see herself in the song, but she enjoyed the thought of just letting go, of just being herself without caring who was around.

She crawled out of bed, still a little tired but, awake enough. There was a thought in her head of making breakfast but when she opened the door she found a clipboard hung on her door. A note attached to it.

‘Draw something you like, something that makes you smile. Or you can print and image too, but the drawing makes it more personal -Michealangelo level skills not required.'

She could recognize Zephyr's careful handwriting, a message for her it seemed. Was this the start of her training? It was an odd way to start if it was, but it was at least something.

Sitting on her bed cross legged she set the clipboard on her lap and started to think, something she liked, something that made her happy...what would that be and where her skills good enough to get the point across?

She closed her eyes trying to imaging something that made her happy. Her first thought was home, the place she grew up but, then she remembered her last memory of that place. Leaving her mother in a heap on the floor in the kitchen. No, home wasn't her 'happy place' anymore, she'd lost that. Her hand rested on her father's dogtags, thinking about him, her protector, her defender, then her mind reminded her that he was gone, taken from her by something she could do nothing to stop. No, thinking about her father didn't make her happy.

She thought about it more, and more, until she finally let her hand just draw, then she had to focus on her art classes in highschool trying to remember what her teacher had said about perspective and lighting and a bunch of other things she was now struggling to remember. It was both relaxing but also frustrating for her as her hands struggled to make what was in her mind.

She erased more than once and nearly gave up twice but she eventually finished, a wide open field with nothing and no one around, well, she did try to make two human ish figures on one of the hills. The open space, and lack of people meant that there was no stress, no other people to hurt, it felt like a place she could be at peace, be safe from everyone, and everything.

Finishing the work she clipped it back to the board. It wasn't perfect, nowhere near but, it would have to do. Stepping out of her room she left it hanging on Zephyr's door, knocking lightly. When there was no reply she furrowed her brow and headed towards the kitchen.

"Zephyr here?" She asked finding Blue at the kitchen table eating some microwaved leftovers, looked like some pasta.

"No, he headed out." her bandanna clad housemate replied.

"Really, he say why?"

"Not sure."

As Casey was thinking Doc handed out the updates, like the morning news. Metamin selling was down in the neighborhood, which was good, and should make things easier for Ernesto and Lourdes. Hudson Yards had calmed down, hopefully that would keep her father safe. They would have to do something soon, though she wouldn't be ready to do it until she had more control.

There was also the report that their showdown in Crime Alley was being picked apart.

"We should stay in today." Casey said, hearing about the investigation.

"You know I can't." Blue replied, "Who knows what atrocities could be happening out there."

"They're on to us, what happens when they find this place, when they track you down."

"We find another place."

"Like it's that easy?" Casey's tone was sharp and a little concerned, was it just so easy for him to just leave everything behind. "This is our home, a place to rest, and you just want to throw it all away?"

"I don't want to leave it behind but, have you seen what is going on out there. People are scared and there's danger around every corner they need a hero."

"And you won't do anyone any good if you get captured or if you blow our cover here."

"So I'm just supposed to hide?"

"Not forever just for a bit so they forget about us."

Blue hunched his shoulders looking down at his food. Cutting off the argument he became quiet. Casey pulled down some baking mix, and some milk from the fridge.

"You want pancakes?" she asked more out courtesy than want.

"Sure."

A tension held in the room as she warmed up the pan and prepared the batter...

TAG: @greyjedi125 @Ameteth

22. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    OOC: Combo with the one and only, GM par excellence @greyjedi125

Zephyr Vaillancourt

Manhattan,NYC

It was a good morning for a stroll, sunny and not too cold, so nice in fact that most people going to and fro seemed to have a decidedly unhurried pace.

Zephyr smiled to himself, imagining that both humans and meta-humans equally enjoyed something as simple and fundamental as a nice day.
    Personally, he really missed the feeling of sunlight on his face but living in hiding had robbed him from that simple pleasure, now hats, visors, hoodies and bandanas were an integral part of keeping his face obscured for the present time.

Pushing all ‘vain’ thoughts aside, the young meta looked at his wrist-comp and verified his destination.

‘The instructions from White Star said to be at Port Authority by 12:00 o’clock, that’s simple enough.’ he thought to himself as he mapped a trajectory in his head.

He couldn’t help the excitement he was feeling, getting the protective gear he ordered for his teammates was a big deal, especially after tussling with the Sapient League and Gustavo’s gang, it was really a no-brainer.

As he walked towards the meeting point, Zephyr chuckled out loud just imagining Blue’s face at the sight of the outfit, there was no way he would refuse, plus Casey would surely see the ingenuity behind the design and help banish any objections.

After a many blocks and avenues Zephyr would tap a button on his wrist comp to send a text message as instructed.

“This is agent Psion, approaching rendezvous point, awaiting instructions.”

The pre-arranged meeting place was The Port Authority Bus Terminal on 42nd Street, the time of the meeting would be at Noon. The famous or infamous Bus Terminal ( it all depended on who you asked ) was as it always was: crowded and forever busy with citizens going to and from all corners of the city and beyond. The station was gargantuan, with many, many levels, sprawling over an entire city block. As expected, The Port Authority had its own security personnel to guard and patrol the many entrances and exits, but they were no H.A.M.M.E.R agents, not by a long shot, though some behaved as if they were.

Therefore, it would come as no surprise that Doc dutifully served the meeting efforts by acting as an extra layer of security in communicating with White Star, all the while keeping Zephyr informed of every pertinent update in regards to his surroundings. Taking his recent experiences into account, it could well be that the metahuman hero and third member of Team Argus, Psion, would recognize his contact for this meeting as he came into the area where he would find Abakis. She would be a familiar face, even in the bustling crowd, should he recall meeting the last time Team Argus had dealings with White Star.

Certainly she would recognize him.

As the two neared each other, all appeared normal within the busy bus terminal. Abakis seemed very much like a young lady on a phone call, trying to gather bearings, even as she fidgeted with the strap of the backpack she hefted over her shoulder.

Walking closer to the agent, Zephyr made eye contact and smiled casually, it was easy to do as he remembered that “act casual” were the first words that Agent Abakis had spoken to them not too long ago. He also felt grateful that Doc was relaying positioning and visual info to facilitate finding the agent, the place was ginormous and super crowded and without assistance it would have been very difficult to locate his contact the normal way.

A brief sigh escaped him as he half-remembered a time when using his passive skills would have not been an issue, but with so many wanna-be Mutant Hunters and their gadgets on every corner it was best to avoid the possibility of confrontation altogether.

“That looks heavy…” He said to the young lady with a charming smile ( He did not want to sound too formal) “ allow me to lighten your load.’’ he offered being all gentlemanly.

Zephyr realized that he was actually enjoying himself, he was doing something, even if it was a small something, to make a difference in a larger effort to make things better, well that was the overall feeling; he imagined that maybe this was part of what kept Blue going, gave him that endless impetus, that drive to do good 24-7.

"Oh hey!!" Abakis exclaimed happily once her attention had been 'diverted' by Zephyr. "You made it." She observed, still smiling. Her eyes focused past him for a brief second, surveying the area, before refocusing on the handsome meta. "Yeah, it was getting kind of heavy..." She admitted with a chuckle as she smoothly handed over the backpack to him.

"Do you care to grab a bite to eat?" She invited cordially, her head slightly tilted as she appraised him again, smile still in place.

“Hmm...that sounds like a good idea.” replied the young man as he slipped on the backpack onto one arm. His thoughts quickly shifting from wondering what his teammates might be doing at the moment, more especially Casey, perhaps she had found his note and then his desire to check the content of the bag.

“I’m sure that whatever you decide will be fine, après vous…” standing aside he would give a courteous nod indicating that he was ready to follow Abakis’ lead. His smile wavered slightly as he inwardly ‘kicked himself’ thinking he was possibly overdoing it, being too normal, too unguarded or a noob. Focusing on the moment, he decided to blink away any doubts and at the very least present himself as a confident noob.

"Why thank you." Abakis responded jovially, smoothly taking the lead. Within moments, the pair found themselves outside of the massive terminal and back in the open, where they immediately blended with the near infinite crowd. With the ease of an expert navigator, Abakis made it through the throngs of pedestrians and tourist, coming to a stop before a food cart.

"Hi Ahmed." She said to the vendor who smiled and greeted her in kind, at seeing her with a 'friend' he wiggled his eyebrows at her, which only made her laugh and wave him off. "let me have two of the usual platter with two sprites."

In short order, the rice platters were prepared to their taste and was paid in full by Abakis at her own insistence. Luckily, a nearby table for two was vacant and Abakis hurried to get it, seeing how it was still 'lunch time' and getting a table at this time was like fighting for parking space.

Once settled, the two would begin to eat.

"Well, bon appetit." Abakis would say, before beginning her meal.

"If you have any questions, about anything, this is a good time to ask them. I don't mind." She did manage to add after enjoying the first couple of bites of her food.

A sense of relief came over Zephyr as the pair left the very busy and crowded surroundings. Places like that were both a boon and a curse; too many areas for traps and hidden surveillance, a bounty hunter’s dream. There also happened to be an abundance of materials and resources for him to draw upon should the need arise, but he preferred to avoid either situation as much as possible.

Once outside, the young meta exercised his ability and immediately established his sense perimeter, he wanted to make sure that they were not being followed or observed. He then took a ‘cursory’ sense of the content of the backpack. Among some familiar materials he recognized a few patterns consistent with highly tensile and resilient arrangements, he couldn’t help the smile that briefly appeared on his face.

The trip to the food cart had been smooth and easy, it became apparent that the White Star agent may have had some form of martial training, given how she maneuvered through the throngs of bodies going to and fro. Her movements were precise and purposeful, not unlike an experienced New York pedestrian but more like a person who understood flow, position and even anticipation, it reminded him of his own training and his wise martial arts instructor Master Tan.

In his mind Zephyr considered this meeting akin to a ‘low priority’ mission, thus he felt it prudent to get a general sense from agent Abakis; he made sure to get only just a general sense, like her dimensions and weight, just enough to find her and correctly identify her with his ability should they get separated, it was a precautionary measure that was as natural as remembering someone’s face or voice, or at least that’s how it was for him.

Reaching their destination, Zephyr noted that the food vendor was friendly and efficient, he nodded at the gentleman in greeting.Out of habit and an abundance of caution, he also scanned the man and the stand for weapons and surveillance or anything that would stand out as out of the ordinary, he hoped to discover the expected greasy spots and average wear and tear of a real food cart, there was no room for being too trusting, and that trust only extended to Agent Abakis.

Luckily, a table for two was available nearby, rushing to get them before anyone else took them, Zephyr chuckled in amusement at doing something so perfectly ordinary.

“It looks delicious, bon appétit!” Zephyr would respond graciously accepting the meal. Again, caution demanded that he scanned both plates and drinks to make sure that they contained what was expected and nothing else.

“Well, I do have a few questions…” he said thoughtfully after finishing a bit of chewing.

“I’m sure I’ll find instructions, but who do I contact if I have more…specific questions about the package. And also, not so much a question, but, can you assure me that these items are not being traced or monitored, now or for the duration of their material existence?”

“Sorry to be so direct, but it is something that I need to know in no uncertain terms.”

He continued eating, but fixed his silver blue eyes on the White Star agent, fully expecting to hear an honest reply. As the saying goes, ‘Trust begets trust’.

Abakis pursed her lips and drew a healthy gulp from her fizzy drink through a straw as she listened to Zephyr's question. Her eyes remained fixed on his, because eye contact was critical at this juncture of their dialogue.

"Sorry...." Abakis apologized for not being able to answer immediately.

"Your resident 'Doc' has been an effective means of contact between the two parties, and can continue to be, if you wish it." The female agent spoke, her words steady, a calm and reassuring smile on her face. "Yes, you will find a small data card that contains instructions for operation, repair and maintenance of your well earned reward." That statement was followed by a small nod.

"We only monitor suspects or critical events and those involved in them. We respect privacy, a rare thing in this day and age."

Abakis looked all around, her eyes spotting various surveillance devices that were omni-present throughout the city.

"There are enough eyes in the skies as is, adding any more would be wasteful and redundant, don't you think?"

Abakis allowed herself a playful and coquettish wink as she promptly took a spoon of her meal. It was now her turn to appraise Zephyr's reaction. The meta's sensory abilities would confirm that her vitals had not changed during the conversation, not in any significant way, but perhaps just to inform him that she was trying not to blush as she observed him.

Zephyr quickly looked down at his food and took a moment to contain an all too obvious and reactionary smile, trixie agent.

The White Star agent had answered all his questions, the spoken and unspoken ones and presented excellent rationales for every point he had hinted at, she was good.

It was also clear to him that she was not put on the spot and every word spoken had the ring of truth; he was satisfied with the answer. He also made a mental note to never become a 'suspect' and avoid any 'critical events'...unless it involved stopping that evil guy Mallen.

"Well then, I guess that settles it." he asserted, cheerfully taking another spoonful of the delicious meal.

Looking up at the sky, the raven haired meta made a slight pouting expression, the afternoon was sunny, high visibility with almost no clouds at all; flying was definitely out of the question.

"Let me know if you need a lift anywhere..." he offered suddenly.

"I'll call for a car, it's the least I can do." He stifled a chuckle as it occurred to him that he needed more practice at the secret agent thing, all the blushing and sheepish smiling was not going to get him any cool missions.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @galactic-vagabond422 mentioned.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Interlude

She was pretty much just following along until she heard the voice at the door.

[Greetings Colin, would you like me to open the door?]

Shelly's head snapped up. Was there a camera doorbell? Or was it something like Siri? That kind of peaked her interest.

“Hey guys, it’s Synthia.” He informed his friend, joy and relief evident on his face. Tony cocked his head to one side and blinked at him.

“Right, right…hmm, yes, me and my friends would love to come up. Could you please admit us?”

[With pleasure. Entry granted.]

With a click, the glass doors were opened and the trio could enter the spacious and luxurious lobby of the building. Shelly followed Tony and Colin as they walked into the place.

And what a place!!! It reminded her of someplace her parents would have.

Tony whistled appreciatively as he took it all in. Colin looked back to Shelly, then gave a proud smile. "What did you say your Aunt did for a living again?” Tony inquired, still taking in the surroundings.

“I think she was some kind of designer for the Baxter Foundation.”

[That is correct ]
    Synthia’s voice interjected from nowhere and everywhere, yet confirming the matter.

Shelly almost jumped. Okay. A very sophisticated AI? Her reasoning was because, for something simple like Siri, you had to address it directly. Synthia just responded on its own. Shelly was looking all around for some sort of device.

"Wow. Did she design this place? It's fantastic." Shelly stated softly. While she was still in awe of the building, what she was hoping was that this Aunt was just as friendly and understanding in this time frame, as in the old timeline. But again, he did consider this place 'safe'. Hopefully, it still was.

Shelly looked around. "Um.. Synthia? Is there a water fountain nearby? I could use some water." she asked politely.

She really hoped this place was safe. She could use a bit of rest after recent events.

24. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Miles Morales
    Home

Miles smiled, and assured his mother that his homework was either done or would be. The second he entered his room, he grabbed his AirPod Pros, and checked his backpack. He had his spray paints tucked away nicely in the bag, taking up most of the space, and were snugly kept together by the small cardboard box that managed to fit in the bag as well.

He scanned his room, looking for anything else he might need. He remembered something, and quickly grabbed his suit, stuffing it into the bag.

He took one final glance at his room, and took his phone from his pocket, putting on one of his playlists as he headed out the door...

The dark skies over New York gave room for the city to really shine. The lights from stores and homes near Miles really gave him the feeling of living in a place that was alive. He began to walk towards towards the closest metro station. He had recently found a spot in the sprawling subway while he had been... exploring. It was the perfect spot for him to throw up a piece, some quiet spot off a service tunnel.

In all honesty, he was quite looking forward to it. He hadn't had the chance to do any graffiti for quite some time now, and he had finally found a window to do so. He could barely contain his excitement.

As he boarded the train, he sat down, listening to his music and waited to get to his destination...

@greyjedi125

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Turning Point
    Release the pawns…

“To intervene would mean I remove the chance for the heroes to grow, to defeat you, to become their best selfs.”

The being scoffed audibly at The Watcher’s words, even as he landed on the lunar surface, plunging his weapon into the arid ground, not unlike a marker of conquest.

[​IMG]

“The sheer cowardice of your people is galling!” it declared. “Your race is said to possess vaunted powers on a cosmic scale, perhaps I can still motivate you…”

He waved a hand in silent command, causing a large tremor in response. At once, fissures opened-up throughout the lunar landscape and a legion of creatures of varying sizes and mass seemed to emerge, all launching themselves into space.

“Their best selves ? defeat me? AHAHAHAHAH!!!” The being laughed easily and confidently in mocking derision. Simply put, there was no earthly power that could survive his onslaught. The only one who could be bestowed that honor, chose to take the coward's path.

“Yes, let see if your 'earthling defenders' can amuse me for long enough, before they are utterly crushed under my boot! Bring out your 'mightiest' and I'll show you an ant!”

The being leered in Uatu’s general direction before clasping his arms behind his back and turning towards the blue planet below.

“This time, my Master will have his prize.”

[​IMG]

Elsewhere…

He was as always, alone. Inside his meditation chamber, the Monarch’s head turned as he glanced upward. The upper half of his mask remained in shadow, his eyes glowed like ethereal slits, while the lower half glinted, reflecting the soft lighting within the room.

In that moment, he deigned to utter a single word:

[​IMG]

“Finally.”

Tag: OOC only, @Ameteth ,@galactic-vagabond422 , @Darth_Elu ,@darthbernael ,@Ktala , @Shadowsun , @Master Vo'Un'Var , @The Jedi in the Pumas , @Mitth_Fisto , @Sinrebirth , @HanSolo29 . Update Following, singles and combos continuing as normal.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.