main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Marvel Heroes: A New Breed - ~Summer 2020 Best RPG~

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Shelly VanKasse
    r
    Somewhere in, NYC

To say that the day so far had been a nightmare, was surely an understatement for the ages. When Colin had answered the phone, Shelly noticed the woman on the screen.

"Is everyone ok?" she asked. Shelly frowned for a split second, but realized if this was the 'Aunt' that Colin had mentioned earlier, it would make sense that the smart home would notify her. Colin's immediate reply confirmed it.

“Aunt Thea!” Colin exclaimed aloud, casing Shelly to nearly jump.

“I’m working.” She informed simply and gave him a soft smile. “You and your friends should stay at my place for the time being….”

Like heck this woman was a designer. Unless she was designing more than houses...

As if on cue, emergency alarms began to sound throughout the city. Alarm they could clearly hear. Tony stood up suddenly with a jolt and began to read from his phone.

“The City is going into lockdown. A High Level Emergency Condition has been declared and the City-wide Protective Shield will be raised within 15 minutes. All civilians are to return to their homes and find shelter.”

'... city..wide protective shield?...' Shelly's eyes were growing wider by the moment. That didnt sound good to her. Another reason she had moved out west. Tony's abrupt stance had also made her worry. The normally calm and composed man looked over to Colin’s aunt, worry slowly forming on his face.

“It’s not just a meteor shower is it?”

Colin’s aunt shook her head, as she put on a brave face. “No, it isn’t.” She said, her lips tightening and thinning in regret.

What?!?! This was even worse than the voices she had heard earlier. She didnt think it was connected. She hoped not. But if it was not meteors, then what was hurtling towards them?? She was pretty sure she would scream if she heard aliens were coming to attack. This day had gone from bad to dire to life threatening several times in what felt like back-to-back events. Shelly gave a soft moan, as she rubbed her temples.

“Don’t worry. This is a secure channel. We’ll still be able to communicate, even after the lockdown.” the woman on the screen reassured them.

“I won’t let anything happen to any of you. I Promise.” Well, as long as she wasnt trying to hunt them, she was happy. After seeing that many Sentinels take off, this was the safest place to be at the moment it seemed. If she had not been with Tony and Colin, she certainly would have headed for the tween-space for safety. But lately, it had not been feeling quite right either. Was something affecting things there too?

The alarms continued to blare in the distance. Aunt Thea looked to the side as if responding to someone off-screen, before giving them a simple nod.

“Is there anything else that any of you might need?” she asked, her soft smile coming back to her face.

Shelly blurted out softly, "uhh... do you have any coffee or anything to eat?" she asked. She shook her head. "I need to lay down. I think more than this place is being affected. Something....something doesn't feel right..." Shelly quickly sat down.

Shelly pulled up her legs, her knees tucked up under her chin as she hugged her legs. Yes, she could really use some rest. But she still felt something was wrong. Very wrong.

TAG: @greyjedi125

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    40 West 77th Street

There was a shimmer of visible light near Shelly, coalescing in green hues before ending in a soft audible sigh and a form revealed.

[​IMG]

“I think I can help you with some coffee and meal, that is, if you don’t mind me helping.”

”Synthia!!”

Colin brightened up immediately upon seeing the figure appear among them.

“I haven’t seen your face in a long time….wow….” He said, a broad grin beaming out. On the screen, his Aunt smiled knowingly, a measure of relief could be detected in her eyes.

“Wait…is this 2D, or 3D you?” He queried.

“It’s holo-interactive me, for now.” Synthia responded, sounding just as pleased as he.

“Allow me to help prepare a meal for everyone, yes?” She added, glancing back to Shelly.

In the meantime, Tony turned his attention to the image on the screen: Colin’s Aunt.

“I thought travel to Wakanda was restricted…” He stated, curiosity laced in his voice.

“Unfortunately, it is. For most.” Aunt Thea answered carefully.

“Well, would it be too much to ask if I could get access to your apartment’s network?”

It was a pretty bold request, even Colin paused his conversation to hear the possible answer.

“Well…” Aunt Thea started, visibly considering what was being asked.

“Colin trusts you, so…there’s that.”

Synthia simply went on to mention the different meals they could easily prepare, like Tuna Melts, Burger L.T.s, Chicken Alfredo, Mac-n-Cheese, or Stuffed Shells, etc, etc.

“After your meal, feel free to ask Synthia to set you up with our ‘guest access’ credentials. That should cover all that you’ll need.”

Aunt Thea seemed mildly amused as she nodded at Tony, who in turn gave a deferential bow of his head.

“Thank you so very much!” He intoned quite sincerely.

“Oh, don’t mention it.” Aunt Thea smiled and waved her hand, but once again looked to the side.

“My apologies, I am currently needed elsewhere… so, do stay put and hopefully this will all blow-over before you know it. Synthia will act as our go between, Ok? Stay safe and chat soon!”

There was a final reassuring smile, though a hint of worry still remained in the woman’s eyes, before the image winked out.

Colin had been waving ‘bye’ to his Aunt.

“Chat soon Aunt T…” He said to the fading image before turning to his friends.

“OK...So! It’s Chicken Alfredo for me. Totally! Who’s with me?!!”

Clearly, hunger pangs were setting in right about now. Thankfully, one could safely conclude that, a very satisfying meal was in their most immediate future.

Tag: @Ktala

darthbernael and Ameteth like this.
  3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Thats enough

In the best of times, Shelly could normally be considered a calm person. But after what had been happening to her lately, Shelly could not be considered a calm person by no stretch of the imagination. After the threatening voices and other things she had been experiencing lately, the last thing she needed was something basically come into being, next to her. With a half-escaped yelp, Shelly cleared the couch, every bit of her street living coming into play as she vaulted over, and landed on the other side, her hand on the floor, ready to port in a moments notice.

She vaguely heard the name "Synthia!!”, as Colin called out the being's name, and his voice seemed very happy to see her. Shelly barely saw the woman. For Shelly, the thoughts of a meal had totally disappeared now, as the adrenalin was racing thru her body. She was fighting hard, the natural instinct of wanting to go to the safety of the darkness, but with current events, she wasn't too sure if that was safe anymore either. Any other thoughts she had a few minutes ago had simply vanished. Her anxiety levels that had gone insane, skyrocketed to newer levels...

And then her face grew red, as she realized what she did, and embarrassment was now hitting with a vengeance. She didnt hear any of the rest of the conversation. Right now, she simply wanted to be someplace alone...

As Shelly didn't know the place well.. she simply turned and ran into the kitchen she had gone to earlier, nearly breaking all speed records as she ran. She found the furthest away corner and slumped down into it, pushing herself so hard into the wall, that she looked as if she was trying to meld into it. She squeezed her eyes shut so hard, it hurt. She buried her head down into the knees she had pulled up, not wanting to see or look at anything. She was not going to be like those girls in the lame horror movies, and start crying... no. She just needed some rest.

She just was going to sit here awhile...

4. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser, Colin & Tony ( and Synthia )
    A moment of their own

They had decided, it would be best to let Shelly be for as long as she needed.

Colin had initially moved to go after her, but Tony deterred him, as always, using his ability to reason. How she needed space to sort through her thoughts and feelings. Colin through his hands up. 'Guess that makes sense'. He still felt somewhat guilty. It was his fault they were here, so far from home. He had brought them here after all, if by accident.

But there was a plan, because, Shelly was still in the kitchen.

It was true. No one disturbed her, leaving her to work through her thoughts and emotions for now. Even the Darkness was quiet, but who knew for how long.

In the meantime, Shelly would begin to hear domestic sounds of cooking and conversation. Synthia was giving instructions, Tony dealt with recipes like a science project, while Colin seemed to be the one who had some experience with a kitchen.

Music would also be playing, various genres in fact, as they could not decide on a single artist or kind of sound to focus on, but rather moved and listened as their mood inspired.

"Wait, is that...'The Blue Danube'?"

"That is correct, Tony."

"Wait, you actually know the Blue Dune- whatever?"

"Colin. I happen to know things. You know this already."

"Oh, yeah. So what's this?"

"It's a spice traditionally made from dried Capsicum annuum varietals in the Longum Group, also known as paprika."

"Dude! Are you trying to show-off to Synthia?"

"Merely answering your question."

"Suuuuuuuuure....."

"Should I put on some Rih Rih?"

"Ri Ri? who the heck is that?"

"Seriously Colin?"

"What? I dunno who that is, how does my Aunt know who that is?"

"It's not her play list."

"Oh? then who's?"

"Monet St. Croix".

"........Who??"

"Oh. Her."

"Oh, her? What do you mean, 'Oh her?" Do you even know who she is? How do you know?"

"I know things about people, Colin."

"Oh, really? Let's see, Synthia? Who's Money Saint Croy?"

"I'm sorry. That information is classified."

"Waitamminit. Classified? How do you know about someone who's classified? How do we have her playlist? I don't even know who Ri Ri is?"

"Never mind all that. Can we just go back to 'The Blue Danube for now? And you're using too much paprika."

"What? Are you measuring with your eyes?"

"Well.......yes."

And so it would go, that is, until the compelling aroma of a well made meal, the warmth of good company- or hunger pangs and staying in one pose for too long, caused Shelly to rise from where she had ensconced herself.

Tag: @Ktala

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    darthbernael and Ameteth like this.
  5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Shelly

In A Nice Kitchen

Shelly was very happy that none came to bother her. She was exhausted, and really didnt want to explain herself. And obviously, this place had more than one kitchen, because soon she could hear Tony and Colin taking with Synthia.

She recognized the music, and listed as her eyes were closed. The area she was in felt cool and comforting. She listened as Tony and Colin chatted with each other, and as Synthia would interject with bits of information. But even though she was hungry, she coudlnt bring herself to go back into the room. She smiled slightly, as she listed to the others. She never had friends her own age like that before. The group she had just recently met in Arizona were the first to become anything like that. And then the world got flipped upside down. And they had been running around ever since. Shelly hoped Marla and the others were fine. But behind the time and the past changing, Malformed, Sentinals, and now a possible attack, both from space, and possibly the darkness as well, Shelly felt as if her brain had gone into overload.

Shelly felt so tired. Like she had not sleeped in a week. Food could wait. Shelly curled up in her cloak, and snuggled up, listening to wonderful music, as she driffted off to sleep in the comfort of the kitchen.

TAG: greyjedi125

6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    The Dreaming

She was sound asleep, her body curled up comfortably and resting. No one would bother her as Colin and Tony gave Shelly her space. Synthia kept a discreet 'eye' on her, to make sure she was OK. while she rested.

As for Shelly's mind, it was true. She had gone through a great deal, and there was a lot to process. Her mind recalled two distinct realities, which did not necessarily coincide with each other. How was one to deal with such a conundrum, was the question of the hour.

At first, she would experience dreamless rest and peace, but eventually images began to appear. Some would be of familiar people, places, situations, others would seem incredible and otherworldly. Eventually, Shelly would find herself floating in 'space'.

[​IMG]

The place was vast, one could say infinite even. It seemed to be filled with worlds from many different sources. There were even areas her mind could simply not comprehend. There was a general warmth, but also chilling patches. There was music, but also faint screams in the background. Shelly would find herself floating past many reflections of these worlds as she continued to dream.

Then gently, she would come to a stop.

[​IMG]

"Why, hello there!! Are you new around these parts?"

The three girls spoke in a melodic chorus.

"It's not safe to go about unprotected at this time." They said, sounding cheerful and willing to help. Next to them, another figure floated, she was a bit smaller in size and also appeared lost.

Tag: @Ktala ( * @TheSilentInfluence , mentioned. Please see previous tag as well )

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Mara Arsenio
    Floating

The women appearing were a surprise to Mara, and she shrink back from them, unsure even as they explained what happened. This place is so strange.

She felt nervous, even though they probably meant her no harm, and hesitated as they asked her what her name was. Should she tell them? Mara thought. Maybe it really wouldn't hurt...

Mara swallowed nervously. "I'm Mara." She told the woman quietly. She looked over her shoulder at the image and tried to will it away. She didn't want to remember the life she had before.

Please don't she thought, as another figure appeared. She looked at them curiously and then ducked her head, because she wasn't good at talking to people.

Tag: @greyjedi125 @Ktala

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Mara Arsenio
    Manifesting

"Mara...." The three voices said in unison, as if tasting wine. "It's a nice sounding name." They agreed.

"I'm Phoebe."

"I'm Celeste."

"...and I'm Mandee." They would say, introducing themselves one after the other, in that order. Literally.

"Don't worry, you'll be able to tell the difference between us eventually." Phoebe informed, a knowing smile blossoming upon her face.

"Awww, who was that? He was looking kinda cute for second." Celeste commented of the image Mara had chased away, her expression beaming with curiosity and intrigue.

"Be careful manifesting thoughts or memories with strong emotions. The Astral Plane will respond in kind and form something which seems very real, that in turn might call the attention to other Astral Denizens, who may also respond. Having a calm and controlled mind are your best defenses, whenever you decide to visit here."

Mandee offered a small smile after sharing that bit of advise.

In the background, the echo of a distant roar could be heard.

"On that note...." Phoebe intoned seriously, before gesturing with her hand. A small bubble, shimmering like a pearl appeared, then expanded and grew to about 100 meters in diameter, encompassing all five of them. Mandee would check on Shelly to see if the newcomer was Ok.

"There." Phoebe said satisfied. "Nothing will be disturbing us now."

Tag: @TheSilentInfluence , @Ktala

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    Ameteth and darthbernael like this.
  9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Having an out-of-body experience

The Astral plane?

The 3 ladies.. Phobe. Celeste and Mandee had stated that they were in the astral plane, while they spoke to another girl who appeared nearm them. She had identified herself as Mara.

"Don't worry, you'll be able to tell the difference between us eventually," Phoebe informed, a knowing smile blossoming upon her face.

"Be careful manifesting thoughts or memories with strong emotions. The Astral Plane will respond in kind and form something which seems very real, that in turn might call the attention to other Astral Denizens, who may also respond. Having a calm and controlled mind are your best defenses, whenever you decide to visit here."

In the background, the echo of a distant roar could be heard.

"On that note...." Phoebe intoned seriously, before gesturing with her hand. A small bubble, shimmering like a pearl appeared, then expanded and grew to about 100 meters in diameter, encompassing all five of them. Mandee would check on Shelly to see if the newcomer was Ok.

"There." Phoebe said satisfied. "Nothing will be disturbing us now."

"The Astral plane?" Shelly echoed softly. She then remembered herself. "I'm, ... my name is Shelly. Does the Astral plane happen to border on the void?" she asked, more curious than afraid. "I was asleep. I know that. So, how did I get drawn here?"

And then she thought about what one of the women had just stated. Is THAT what happened to her earlier? But..she wasnt in the void when that happened. She looked back at the trio, curius. "And is that what could have caused the time shear??"

Shelly had all kinds of questions. How did she end up in the astral plane? What brought her? What was really going on? And did these ladies have anything clues to help? This was much more interesting.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @TheSilentInfluence

10. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Zephyr Vaillancourt

Team Argus Hideout, NYC

The ‘command room’ was alive with light and sound, various video and holo-screens flashed vividly with live-feeds and images, multiple reports could be heard overlapping one another.

Some newsfeeds presented the ‘developing situation’ with curiosity, others with worry and some with bewilderment. From the army of Sentinels flying overhead to the alert of a sudden meteor shower and the city going into emergency lockdown, one could imagine that it would take just one more thing to send the average person into a panic.

Zephyr frowned uncomfortably behind his visor, the sour expression hidden by the reflective surface. He was just as worried as Blue and Casey, they all had people they cared about and wanted to protect. There was Casey’s dad, Lourdes and Don Ernesto and Zephyr’s own missing friend Zack and parents, just enough uncertainty and vulnerability to keep the heroes of Team Argus from being too reckless.

The darkly garbed hero turned away from the noise of the consoles and stood silent and unmoving, concentrating.

Something else was bothering the resident prime shaper. There was something new and unknown present in the material world, something he could not effectively detect or identify, and energy or a force, permeating everything and everyone. It wasn’t anything he had ever perceived in nature or in his limited experience with other metas, and the timing of it was also unsettling.

Feeling both curious and apprehensive, Zephyr made ready to use his abilities in an attempt to get a better ‘feel’ of this unknown variable, but almost as if on cue…

[I cannot yet confirm it, as I am tasked with by-passing new security protocols. There’s a pedestrian report that alleges, the Charging Bull of Wall Street has come alive and is on a rampage.]

Doc announced, informing the group of current developments.

“Say what!!?” Zephyr exclaimed, his mind growing suspicious.

[Would you like me to provide coordinates?]

“Yes, thank you Doc, plot best routes to my communicator please.”

“Blue, Aegis, I think we should check this out, something strange is going on out there and people are going to need help…I can feel it.”

Moving towards the sliding door that lead to the concealed exit, Zephyr waited for his teammates to respond. He didn’t share his misgivings because he didn’t have anything to report yet, but there was good chance of finding clues out there while potentially saving lives.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 , @greyjedi125

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    SGC’s 28.57^3
    Wanderguard Castle

Sir Aslan the Lion - their current leader - was flanked by Sir Urson the bear, on one side and Snow Queen, the white tigress on the other. There were many others in attendance as well, and they all regarded a gigantic screen which showed several images of events occurring on what appeared to be this world on the Western Hemisphere.

An army of Sentinels appeared to be ascending up into the sky, while several cities were beginning to activate their protective shield covers. In Arizona an outbreak of Malformed was reported. SGC clacked his mandibles at all the information and technology on display. It was beautiful. Not that Master Tenzin and his orders monasteries were not, it was merely a very different and pleasing way of seeing things. Simpler, at least to SGC.

“I’m more concerned with those so called ‘meteors’…” Lord Garou pointed out with narrowing eyes, even as the trio arrived.

“Lord Rakshasa…” Snow Queen greeted with a respectful nod. “Glad you could join us.”

“Thank you for the notification. What transpires…?” The feline sorcerer inquired, returning the respectful nod.

“We’re still trying to piece it together.” Sir Aslan informed, welcoming the three with a nod. His gaze remained on SGC and Tenzin for a moment longer.

“We are also pleased that you have escaped the machinations of the corrupted Masters of the Mystic Arts. They are not to be trusted.”

“We cannot thank you enough for you aid.” Tenzin intoned with a bow of his head. SGC in turn bowed his own head in thanks.

Sir Aslan simply nodded before returning his gaze to the developing events displayed on the screen.

"Is meteors a code name?" SGC could not help but ask, everything else was rather straight forward. This in turn, was not. Something did not seem right, something still did not fit.

Tag: @greyjedi125

Ameteth and greyjedi125 like this.
  12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Shelly & Mara
    The Astral Plane

“The Void?” Phoebe echoed, despite sounding like a query.

“Asleep you say? Or maybe it just felt like sleep….” Celeste wondered aloud.

“Nice to meet you Shelly.” Came Mandee’s cordial greeting.

“Uhm, yes. The Void does border the Astral Plane, but we don’t recommend visiting there.” Phoebe cautioned.

“Lack of Light.” Celeste said by way of explanation.

“The veil between planes is not only thinning rapidly, it’s also coming apart in certain areas. We’ve not been able to figure out the cause, but whatever it is, it cannot be good.” Mandee said with a small sigh after giving the short version of what was happening.

“As for a ’Time shear’….” Celeste and her sisters shared a look with each other.

“What exactly do you mean?”

Tag: @Ktala, @TheSilentInfluence

Zephyr Vaillancourt, A.K.A. Psion
    Team Argus Hideout, NYC

While Psion awaited his teammates, Blue and Aegis, his request was being processed by Doc.

[ Coordinates and routes have been transmitted. High Priority Update from White Star: Due to lockdown conditions, City-wide security forces are on High Alert, security personnel has been doubled. Bounty Hunter presence has also doubled. Remain indoors, or otherwise use alternate routes of travel. All available agents remain on stand by…]

A palpable silence followed, before Doc finally added:

[Please, be careful.]

Tag: @Ameteth, @galactic-vagabond422

Tenzin & SGC
    Wundagore Citadel

It was telling how a voice that was not normally heard was still respected as well as any other.

"Is meteors a code name?" SGC could not help but ask. The almost silent room became momentarily quiet, as most everyone turned to regard the Noble SGC. Tenzin was uncertain on how to interpret the manner in which the question had been received, so he opted to allow the moment to inform him.

“You are very perceptive, young one.” Snow Queen observed, a small smile caused her whiskers to rise.

“Agreed.” Sir Urson chimed in, his voice a rich bass which contrasted against Snow Queen’s almost musical contra-alto.

“Meteors is what the world media is calling the falling objects…” Lord Garou went on to explain, his armored wolf form lent him a majestic , but feral air.

The wolf lord had a device on hand which he used to manipulate the projected image, increasing the magnification many times over.

“As you can see, these ‘meteors’ are in fact, creatures formed of ’space rock’, vested with incredible power and fully capable of confronting a real Sentinel and winning.”

A brief but vicious encounter was shown of a Sentinel being defeated by a ‘Rock Monster’. They had both destroyed each other, but while the rock monster reformed, the Sentinel did not.

"No wonder many cities have activated their protective domes."

Lord Garou turned and set his gaze on young SGC, to gauge how he would react to what he’d learned. During that pause, a tremor was felt throughout the Citadel. Many of those attending turned to look at each other, exchanging curious gazes.

An attendant opened the doors suddenly.

“Pardon my Lords, news from the south perimeter. A fissure just opened….and……”

It was clear the attendant was trying to find a better word, but there was none he could find.

“Demons!!”

Tenzin’s expression blanched a bit. Lord Rakshasa’s looked intrigued. Others paused, probably to make sure they had heard correctly.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  13. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Daken and Taskmaster - Fun with our GM
    H.A.M.M.E.R. HQ, NYC

A chuckle came from Daken at the quip. ”That’s my secret Captain, I’m always sharp.”

The current situation, it seemed, was evolving and probably meant that the upcoming mission had also evolved. But they would find out when they joined the others. His senses were quivering though, as he tried to wrinkle out all the edges of what was going on besides the reality changes.

”Something does tell me that there’s a lot more than falling rocks, and I’ll be sent to go find out what it is, directly. Well…me and maybe one or two others. Of course, even if it’s our ‘friends’ they’ll probably get in the way.”

Taskmaster offered an agreeable nod, opting to forego any commentary as they were already arriving at their destination. As if on cue, the elevator doors opened in a timely manner, revealing the already occupied conference room where Lord Stryfe, Moonstone and Reaper awaited them.

[​IMG]

At a glance, it would seem that every screen and monitor was on, either displaying an image or running data on the developing situation.

“You’re right on time.” Lord Stryfe observed cooly as he gestured with an armored hand. “Please take your assigned seats.”

He paused for a heartbeat.

“We have several Regional Directors on the call….”

Another pause.

“…which includes Deputy Director Sarkissian.”

Arguably the second most powerful person in H.A.M.M.E.R itself.

A hint of the smile played on the man’s face, if just briefly.

“We have some things to cover.”

An understatement.

On one screen, the image of Sentinels engaging ‘meteors’ was displayed. On another, a visual representation of the City-wide shield activation continued to count down. A holo-image of earth was being projected, small windows of data floated adjacent to points of interest.

“Shall we begin?”

Daken wandered into the conference room, behind Taskmaster. ”Pretty…” he muttered as he glanced around at the screens and display, ”Too clean, never trust anyone who can put on a white glove and not find any dust…” he said under his breath as he noticed Stryfe, Moonstone, and Reaper.

He waved a hand, halfheartedly, at the gesture from Stryfe. Looking around for the assigned seating he found one that had his name before it. The chair looked comfortable enough but that was not something that impressed him. Checking its base with a devilish grin he then leaped up, squatting on the shoulders of the chair, hands on the headrest, claws snicking out and buried in the foam of the backrest of the seat. A light chuckle came from him as he felt the seat sway, ”Well, guess I weigh more than I thought…”

He knew his antics would probably cause Stryfe to fume but he didn’t give a damn, he wasn’t going to change for anyone. At the mention of the Regional Directors and the Deputy Director, ”Great…suits…always a wonderful thing…” he muttered darkly.

The display shifted, sound, fury, light, and battle now filling it. That actually caught his interest and he studied the imagery, seeing that the battle wasn’t confined to one city, country, or continent. He barely heard Stryfe’s next words but nodded, eyes meeting the metal clad man’s as though to say ’Stop stalling for drama, get on with it.’

Evoking his monumental willpower, Lord Stryfe kept himself from commenting on Daken’s childish antics, though his gaze did narrow, if for a moment, appraising the mutant, before he moved to sit on his central chair.

In her inimitable way, Moonstone managed to sneak Daken a small smile of amusement. Reaper, was as always, skirting the edges of silent impatience. Taskmaster brought his hands loosely together, hand over fist as he leaned back.

[“Greetings, one and all…”] The voice of the Logistic Director was now heard, clear as day.

[“We have a rapidly evolving High Priority situation on our hands. As you by now know, We’ve launched more than a Legion of Sentinels to meet the threat of a meteor shower over our Hemisphere. This threat, of course, is not comprised of mere rocks. The following footage you are about to see reveals that these so called ‘rocks’ are animated to do combat against our Sentinels. They are strong, coordinated and resilient. They also multiply when destroyed.”]

Indeed, the fire power displayed by both the Sentinels and the geoforms was very impressive. Perhaps a bit more than they had any right to be. However, where the geoforms replenished their numbers, the Sentinels did not.

[Additionally, we have detected swarms of geoforms altering their flight path as they appear to move to other parts of the world. Additionally our Tech Alert has picked up significantly increased spikes of the Ultron Virus worldwide, though more concentrated in South America. Thus far, reports indicate they have been contained.]

The blue holographic globe of Earth turned and flashed pertinent data as they Logistic Director spoke, however, standard procedure required that everyone with clearance receive encrypted files with details regarding the current situation.

["All major cities aligned with H.A.M.M.E.R have been ordered to raised their energy shields and begin lockdown protocols. All Bounty Hunter contracts have been renewed and upgraded temporarily, as ground-chatter strongly suggest criminal metahuman activity- our tech projections support this finding."]

The name of a certain underground organization was not mentioned, but was tacitly understood.

["Locally, we currently have a serious Malformed Outbreak in a region next to Phoenix, Arizona. Emergency countermeasures are already on their way."]

The clip displaying the current situation was chilling, as malformed were shown rampaging through several suburbs, in essence infecting everyone they came in contact with.

["A state of emergency has been declared for all cities, security protocols must be adhered to in their full capacity."]

Stryfe’s helmeted head slowly nodded at this, even as his armored hands remained steepled before him.

["You will all be continuously updated with any and all pertinent data we receive. Regional Directors, you have prepared for this very moment. You know what our Liege expects from you."]

On several screens a now familiar image resolved itself far all to view.

[​IMG]

Daken tried hard not to grin as he could smell Stryfe’s annoyance. He could and often did act as a mature and upright…he couldn’t finish the thought as it was already making a smile cross his face. Honestly though, he did often act as he did because he knew it grated on people’s nerves and, when that happened, people often revealed their true thoughts or feelings.

He caught the smile from Moonstone, turning his head a little and letting the corner of his lips twitch up in a slight smile. And then the voice began to speak. As it did, images and videos filled the screens. Rocking back, making the seat sway, it seemed the meteors that were falling were sentient, or at least, aware enough to make maneuvers that rocks just wouldn’t. That, and that they were breaking up but still attacking and diving toward the ground.

”Geoforms hmmmm, sounds like the science nerds named them…” he muttered as he listened to the briefing. The Ultron virus and the Malformed were both disturbing, that they were gaining strength and traction…

He shook his head. Something was off, something didn’t…smell…right. His head turned minutely, glancing at Taskmaster, before he returned his attention to the briefing. So far nothing had been said about where he or any of the others that were part of this high level briefing were going to act or react.

The briefing, at least the part led by the director drawing to its end, the sense of wrongness still clung to Daken. He pulled out the end of a cigar, leaving it unlit, clenching it in his jaw. However, when the mention of a Liege and the flag filled the screens he almost bit off the end of the cigar as his eyes narrowed.

His gaze swung to the Boss again, his eyes still narrowed, another sharp shake of his head as his mind raced with what this all meant and how it changed his perceptions of this world and the organization they were all working for.

Daken would be the only one to notice something as imperceptible as Taskmaster stiffening for a fraction of a second as the flag was revealed. His helmeted head turned, just a fraction, a silent acknowledgement to Daken.

Again, only Daken would notice that the others did not react in the same way he and ‘The Boss’ had reacted. In fact, they had nodded deferentially. Moonstone, Reaper and of course, Stryfe. It was very hard to tell however, if Moonstone had been won over, or if she was just playing along.

The meeting of Global and Regional Directors was brought to a close, with the promise of frequent updates. Stryfe made several acknowledgements before disengaging from the call, at which point he turned to his commanders.

“There you have it. The bigger picture, or at least part of it.” Stryfe declared, the ever present smug smile still on his helmeted head, as his gaze scrutinized them. Clearly, he knew more, but was not sharing any further details, at least not presently.

“With the city on Lockdown and on High Alert, we are getting some interesting intel from various sources. We’re attempting to confirm a rumor that the Sapient League is planning something, bigger than usual. Well, our standard forces can handle them. The greater concern lies with the more radical elements of the metahuman community at large, those all too willing to break the rule of law. We’ve set up increased Claw Patrols should those who dwell underground get any strange ideas. However, not much has been heard from our star-spangled trouble makers, which is out of character for them. They must be using an alternate form of communication we have…not yet discovered.”

Stryfe nods slowly, his gaze still holding their penetrating characteristic.

“You four will each head Quick Reaction Teams to counter any metahuman misconduct.”

A thin smile graces the lower half of his face, albeit momentarily.

“Make no mistake, our Liege is watching, now more than ever.”

Daken’s concern at how things were turning out he kept hidden. He’d noticed how the Boss reacted, the subtle movements. What was concerning though was that Moonstone seemed to react like a good little soldier. He’d begun, since being in this world, to expect that from Reaper but the way she’d acted was as though she was fully immersed and didn’t know the truth.

He rolled the cigar butt in his mouth, with his teeth, as he thought. He was an independent being but he often didn’t side with those that seemed to be the evil ones. And yet…it seemed as though they served Victor von Doom. He kept his eyes from narrowing as other lines of thought came together. Doom did have the resources to have created a virus or something that could have created a world like this so that could truly mean this was his only shot at finding a way to reverse it all, but he had to show that he was assisting rather than being even more independent.

Flipping backward, his claws leaving furrows in the seat as he left it, landing on his feet, his eyes met Stryfe’s almost smirk, ”So, tin man, what’s the makeup of these QRTs, how many bodies, what resources, what vehicles. We do need a bit more info, or I do as I’ve not been one of your Lieutenants for long.”

He glanced again, at Moonstone, determined to have a little chat with her as soon as possible, but they did have to get through this meeting first. Attention turning back to Stryfe, ”Additionally, you haven’t laid out areas of responsibility, save for countering misconduct. Is that capture or kill, do we have overlapping territory, what’s the protocol for calling in backup should we need it, and what do we do when outside agencies decide to poke their noses in?”

Stryfe gave a short dry chuckle, albeit beside himself.

Hmph.Tin man indeed.

“Are you certain?” he asked rhetorically. “You do sound like a veteran Lieutenant. Those are good questions.”

Stryfe made a dismissive motion, which was more for his annoyance than anything else.

“You would each commandeer an Armored Personnel Carrier and a dozen soldiers. You are also free to choose up to two metahuman subordinates, if you so desire, except for any Claw Units. As for support, should you find yourselves unable to bring a situation under control, you will be given clearance to call for a Sentinel to assist you."

"The City is in Lockdown and under High Alert. The decision to capture or kill is under your purview. Consider it a circumstantial privilege, unless ordered otherwise.”

Stryfe paused for a moment, giving the group a chance to think on what was being said. He also changed the holomap to display local areas around the city.

“For now, I’m assigning the Jersey outskirt areas to Reaper. I’m confident in his ability to handle that assignment without any issues.”

Stryfe leveled a penetrating gaze towards the big man, who only huffed in response, before moving on.

“Midtown Manhattan will be assigned to Moonstone. That is, anything between 59th Street and 14th Street.”

Moonstone nodded in agreement even before Stryfe had a chance to give her one of his ‘looks’.

“The area below 14th Street to Whitehall will be yours….Daken.”

Stryfe took a breath, much like an orator would after a lengthy dissertation.

“Uptown will be under your care, Taskmaster.”

The screens continued to display their respective areas, even as the information was transmitted to their devices.

“Are there any other questions…..?” Stryfe inquired of them, notably being patient, or as much as he was capable of being.

Daken snorted, he may be newish to this organization but he’d been part of various teams over the years so knew, very well, how to play the role of a Lieutenant. Shaking his head, he listened to Styfe as the armored man spoke.

’Hmmm, an APC, a dozen stiffs, a pair of metas, and possibly a Sentinel, if needed.’ he thought as he mused.

A grin formed, ”Okay….so kill them all and let the gods sort…” he feigned a frown, ”nope that won’t work, met several of the ‘gods’ and they’re mostly musclebound morons.”

A chuckle as he looked over the map before he frowned again, chomping on the cigar butt. Sweeping his gaze around, he looked at the others, wondering if Moonstone or Reaper realized the meaning of how Stryfe had setup the districts. He deliberately didn’t make an exception for Taskmaster, any special notice.

”So…from south to north, tin man, we’ve got the musclehead, me, blondie, and the fighter without peer, I get that. And the focus is mostly on Manhattan, not the other four boroughs, interesting…” he mused, one claw snicking out, scratching his chin.

Glancing up at the semi annoyed face of Stryfe, ”Not a question per se, but keep dad’s idiot clones out of my district. They are almost as brainless as Reaper over there.” he muttered, hooking a thumb at the larger man.

As expected, Reaper fell for Daken’s taunt and reacted by leveling a dangerous glare at the clawed mutant. When it seemed as if he would get up, a simple glance from Stryfe was enough to settle him back down. This time.

“Don’t you worry about the Claw Patrols, they won’t be getting in your way.” Stryfe assured.

“As for the ‘other boroughs’…..” The armored man fought the urge to roll his eyes.

“They are bait for the star-spangled do-gooders. Trouble will certainly descend in areas outside the city proper, which will in turn force those so-called 'heroes' to respond.”

Stryfe smirked liberally and allowed himself a chuckle.

“We will use that opportunity to crush them.” He declared, an armored fist coming down on an open palm.

“I prefer to…what’s the term - ‘flex’ on them- beyond our very doorstep. The city is ours by default. Nothing will change that.”

A staunch declaration, followed by a nod of satisfaction.

“If there’s nothing further, should you opt to include two metahuman units in your squad, determine their roles and we shall generate an available list for you to choose from.”

“Just two, are you sure?” Moonstone teased. “There are so many roles one could fill.” She half-joked with a smile and a half glance at Daken. “I’ll take two meta-subordinates, but I just need a moment to solidify my tactical approach.”

“Pass!” Reaper said with a huff.

“I could use a tank-type.” Taskmaster mused aloud. “I’ll take a look at that list.” Of course, he would have much preferred Daken as his second, but that wasn't even an option, not by a long shot.

“And what about you Daken?” Stryfe inquired, quite curious as to what the self-sufficient maverick would say.

Daken simply grinned cheekily at Reaper when the man glared at him, almost blowing a kiss but knew that would be just that step too far for the moment. When Reaper settled at Stryfe’s look he murmured, mostly quiet enough that only he would hear, ”Good boy, heel boy, sit.”

He shook his head when Stryfe answered his questions, chuckling when Stryfe did, albeit for different reasons. The do-gooders often didn’t play by the same rulebook as those they fought and he was almost certain that they would interfere in their operation in Manhattan, as much as they always did.

He listened as the other three mentioned what sort of metas they’d like. Moonstone’s choice made sense, he chuckled at the boss’s, and he snorted at Reaper’s choice. Shaking his head, ”Honestly I’ve sparred against most of your metas. The only ones I’d even consider assisting my zone have zones of their own, at least two of them do. Meathead thought as I do but obviously for different reasons.”

Glancing back at Reaper, ”Remember, the pointy end goes in the bad guys and don’t knock down all the buildings. Especially as they could fall in my zone and be a nuisance.”

Reaper's scowl would lead one to believe he could actually fire beams of harmful energy through his eyes. He'd look from Daken to Stryfe, then to Daken again.

Lord Stryfe ignored the exchange. He would not be repeating himself ( even if his warning had been non-verbal ). Reaper had not gotten this far by being 'that' stupid, clearly. Otherwise....

"I'll take your answer as a 'no' then." Stryfe stated, regarding Daken not taking any meta subordinates. "As you wish."

It was interesting that Daken and Reaper had made similar choices, but for entirely different reasons.

"Very well. Then get yourselves to Sub-Level Hangar 03. Your designated APCs and squads should be assembling by now. Remember, your Squads will share your code names, unless renamed by you. All communications are to be made via secure channel. Roll out in 30 minutes. You are dismissed."

"I trust I'll be having the most live captures..." Moonstone teased as she rose from her seat and began moving towards the elevator.

Reaper moved silently, shooting Daken dirty looks now and again.

"I'll take that bet." Taskmaster interjected confidently. The man simply welcomed any number of worthy challenges on and off the field.

From his own seat, Lord Stryfe simply looked on and smiled.

Daken snorted, shaking his head at the bravado that was being aired in these last few moments. He pulled the cigar stub from his mouth, rolling it in his fingers as he looked around at the others. Grinning again, he jammed it back in his mouth, nodding to Taskmaster. Beginning to head for the elevator to take it down to the Hangar.

Pausing before he entered he glanced back at Stryfe, ”“No battle plan ever survives first contact with the enemy.* At least that’s what I’ve heard and know only too well.” he stated in an almost flat voice.

His claws slipped out then back in, ”And, damnit, if we all die, I still haven’t gotten to spend the night with the redhead in accounting, she looked like fun.” he said as a grin crossed his face again, stepping out of the room and onto the elevator.

*Helmuth von Moltke, the head of the Prussian army in the 19th century.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Uatu
    Looking up to the sky

He could not be said to be consulting with God, no.

But he did appreciate that he was not the highest form of life form in this galaxy.

Celestials, Deviants, Eternals, Titans, Asgardians.

To humans, for example, or even to Skrull, Kree, Shi'ar and other multitudes, those were Gods.

But to them?

He presumed that the Watchers were kinds of Gods, too.

But even Uatu appealed to the great masters of the stars.

Now?

Would he be forgiven for stepping between the heroes and certain disaster?

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Excesstencial exsistance

“The Void?” one of the ladies asked. Shelly believes it the one calle Phoebe who stated it. One of the others wondered if she was sleep. Actually, as she thought about it, it wasnt that far off of a thought. Then the other girl spoke.

“Nice to meet you Shelly.” Came Mandee’s cordial greeting.

Shelly nodded her head in response. Then the one called Phoebe spoke up. “Uhm, yes. The Void does border the Astral Plane, but we don’t recommend visiting there.” Phoebe cautioned.

“Lack of Light.” Celeste said by way of explanation.

"Not a problem." Shelly stated matter of factly. "And I've heard of folks astral walking while asleep..so who knows." The other woman continued speaking.

“The veil between planes is not only thinning rapidly, it’s also coming apart in certain areas. We’ve not been able to figure out the cause, but whatever it is, it cannot be good.” Mandee said with a small sigh after giving the short version of what was happening.

“As for a ’Time shear’….” Celeste and her sisters shared a look with each other.

“What exactly do you mean?”

Shelly looked over at the girl called Mara, giving a small wave, before she looked back at the main talker, Celeste. "Well, I.. I've noticed some things. And now that you mentioned that the veil between planes is coming apart im beginning to think it has something to do about what I ran into...."

Shely frowned, bringing her hand up to her chin, as she thought a moment. She really had no reason to trust these folks... but, there was something about them, that she was willing to talk to them. After all, she ended up here. What could the harm be in them knowing? Besides, who else was she going to talk to?? She was going nuts. Shelly looked back at Celeste, and grew serious.

"Well, since you are here, and have expalined some things, then I will also. Someone or something had changed the flow of time. One minute, I'm in a reality, where the world was normal, and the next, there are these things called Sentinals, the maliformed, muntant collars, and other creatures that were not in the reality that I came from." She did what she considered pacing, which was a strange experience in itself. She really needed to learn about that orb.. but she was letting her thoughts wander, so she shook her head.

"I can travel the void. As long as I know where I am going, it does not affect me. IT's second nature to me. But... " Shelly paused for a moment, before continuing. "Last time I did, I ran into something. I didnt see it. But I heard a voice. It might have hitched a ride. I was a bit stressed at the time, as we were under attack. So something might have jumped between .. the planes.?"

Shelly shrugged her shoulders. "But that was way after the timeline had been altered. I figure I can still remember the old timeline, is because of my connection to the void. But I have run into a few othes as well, who also remember the way it was...before."

Shelly shrugged her shoulders, before looking back up at Celeste. "One..last thing. I'm not sure if it has to do with anything or not. But, I heard someone mention something about a 'Cube' while I was in the void. That was before the change also. Since then, the world seems to have gone wrong. But the timeline has definitely been changed."

Shelly ran her fingers thru her hair. If this was a dream, then it was one heck of a dream. She then looked at the ladies.

"So...why are you guys..uh....here?" she asked them. She wondered what had drawn her to this place.

Tag: @greyjedi125, @TheSilentInfluence

16. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Zephyr Vaillancourt
    Team Argus Hideout, NYC

Psion’s silvery eyes narrowed as he read the Hight Priority Update from White Star; the oppressors were doubling the presence of enforcers, thus travel outside was being discouraged and extreme caution was to be taken otherwise.

Doc, prioritize underground routes from optimal to alternate if you please.” He said with a hint of annoyance.

The young meta had complete trust in the nascent AI’s ability to provide the best and the latest intel, it was hard to imagine that Doc wasn’t always a part of the team, but maybe he always was.

Psion realized that he was frustrated at the situation because he may need to call upon his powers like never before. This new mystery force that eluded his senses was part of the frustration, he had yet to determine if or how it would affect the world around him. In calmer times he would have been fascinated by it, devoted time to study this unknown in a more leisurely manner, but too many dangerous things were happening suddenly and at once, everywhere, and he couldn’t shake the feeling that it wasn’t a coincidence; was this more of Doom’s sinister doings?

The other frustration was the safety of his teammates; he could only hope that both Aegis and Blue would wear their armor enhanced outfits ( which he could confirm at a glance), but beyond possible injuries, remaining out of sight and out of the clutches of the corrupt evil forces was a must.

They needed alternate hiding places, just in case they were cut off from getting back to the hideout.

With that thought Psion quickly entered a few keywords for the trusty Doc to work on under the heading ‘emergency egress’.

As Psion worked out possible scenarios in his head, he sighed softly as he could see where certain outcomes would garner Blue’s disapproval. But someone had to function as a counterbalance to the sometimes headstrong team leader.

They all had reasons to go out into danger and they all had courage, but courage alone would not pave the way, they needed to work together and use good judgement. The odds were literally stacked against them.

“We should go over a few things before we head out.” The seriousness in his tone was unmistakable.

“Given this intel, this may be the most dangerous time to go on a mission and we really have to work together or be prepared for some consequences…no pressure.”

It was time for all of them to grow up a little.

TAG: @greyjedi125 , @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  17. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline & Casey
    Lockdown

Most of the words Doc was saying the meteor shower wasn't believed by the veteran hero. It was likely just a ruse to get everyone to stay inside for some reason. He couldn't put his finger on why but, he didn't trust it. His thoughts drifted to all the people that could be out on the streets, with those metal monsters overhead. It was unknown to him what he would do but he had to do something.

Casey was ready to head out, she thought about swinging by Hudson Yards. Her father was wasting away, or was in danger and she was just leaving him there. She had to do something, maybe check the perimeter, see the security, get a feel for the place the most important person in her life was being held, and was alive.

In that moment she thought if this was how Blue felt, this restless energy that itched under her skin. This need to head out, to achieve something, to protect or to free. It hurt, and was intrusive, she couldn't put these thoughts to the side, couldn't just drop them. They lingered there, much like her monster, the other girl, just under the skin it was enough to drive a person mad.

How could Blue live like this?

Blue didn't hear the stand-by order from the White Star, he specifically told Doc not to bother him with their 'Orders'. Zephyr was their hunting dog not him. No one but his friends was going to get him to stay put, and even that was not without a fight. Though Doc mentioning the Charging Bull going nuts was certainly alarming. Blue hadn't spent much time around the financial district, he figured Wall St could handle itself, and that the criminals up there couldn't be punched in the face to stop their robbing of everyone blind.

But, there were still people up there, and they needed protecting as much as anyone, even if it would draw him far away from his beloved neighborhood.

Blue and Aegis followed their companion to the hidden entrance.

Doc cut in again, telling them of the dangers, not anything he hadn't dealt with before. He knew how to keep out of sight, unless he was needed.

"Alright," Blue grumbled out, "stick together and…if things go south…we…we leave." It was hard for him to say these words, they were nearly dragged from his throat. He hated saying them. Hated what he had become, the man that runs when he should stay. There was a part of him that railed against it. He was the unkillable hero, the beacon of hope in this time of turmoil, he couldn't just shirk his duty. "But, only if we must leave…" He said to appease the Paragon that shouted in his mind.

"Let's go." Blue took his place at the front, and headed out.

TAG: @Ameteth @greyjedi125

18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Shelly, Mara & The Triplets
    Astral Plane

“Oh….wow…..”Phoebe started. “…so you do remember the true timeline….?” Celeste said, finishing the sentence.

“Those who remember have very resilient minds, or have a connection to another plane or source.” Mandee explained. “…not unlike your connection to the void.”

“Most folks won’t remember their past lives and for those that do, they will eventually forget after sometime, as the new timeline asserts itself as dominant.” Celeste informed, much like a school teacher would.

“As for whatever you saw, well, we would need to see into your mind to try and identify it. Unless you have the ability to show us.” Celeste continued.

Mandee took the opportunity to look in on Mara. Perhaps the inexperienced astral traveller was fading, or more likely in the process of waking up in the real world. That would explain her lack of participation. At least she’d feel well rested when she did come to.

“Now, this ‘Cube’ your are referring to…” Phoebe spoke carefully as she moved a little closer, mostly for effect. “Was the word ‘Cosmic’ also mentioned in the same breath?”

There was a brief pause as the girls looked at each other, then back to Shelly.

“Just be glad you’re not a telepath right now.” Celeste stated simply. “It saves you the trouble from worrying about that blindingly bright star all the way over there, which just keeps getting ever closer.”

“We still don’t know what or who it is…” Mandee said, trying to sound reasonable.

“Right. That’s part of the problem.” Celeste asserted with detectable concern.

Tag: @Ktala, @TheSilentInfluence *( Single responses )

Blueline,Casey &Zepyr
    Team Argus, back on the field

It was slow going for them, now that Doc had plotted an alternate route to their destination, as he lead Blueline, Aegis and Psion, through back alleys, fire escapes, blocked corridors and all manner of obstacles. Team Argus now had to avoid local patrols, both official and unofficial. Ironically, Bounty Hunters were presently kept distracted by the increasing number of ‘Metamin’ induced fringe elements, which seemed emboldened by the lockdown. They simply had no way of knowing that those rounded-up would not result in ‘actual collars’, once the effects wore off.

H.A.M.M.E.R patrols were focusing on ushering civilians off the streets, despite many were being caught off-guard by the sudden turn of events and consequent city-wide lockdown. Subway service was now suspended, which only aggravated traffic and worsened gridlock.

General cellphone use was also heavily restricted. Militia forces relied on their own communication devices and it was a wonder that Doc was still able to transmit them the amount of information he did. He’d advise the team that there was small presence of armed Sapient League members casing nearby rooftops. Presently, they were not engaging in hostilities.

Incidentally, Team Argus had managed to enter a vacated office overlooking Bowling Green Park, where they could see the Bull charging at vehicles, or what foolish civilians dared to draw its attention. Traffic jam was making a prompt response from local authorities a near impossibility.

There did appear t be a few injured men on the floor. Clearly, they had over-estimated their abilities when facing the Bull.

In that moment, a tremor shook the area, causing some windows to break and many a car alarm to automatically go-off, for as far as they could hear. Zephyr alone would have felt a wave of the unknown energy he had detected earlier - precisely at the moment of the tremor.

Doc would then make a quick non-verbal text report to their communicators.

[ Miss Lourdes has messaged, urging Blueline to be careful. There’s also a report of a power fluctuation at the Hudson Yards Metahuman Holding Facility. An investigation has been initiated.]

Across from them, they would also be able to see the Bull making a charge towards a couple of thrill seekers who were making ‘the most’ out of their present situation.

Tag: @Ameteth, @galactic-vagabond422

Daken, Taskmaster, Moonstone & Reaper
    Prepping for contact

“What redhead in accounting?” Was the first thing spoken by Moonstone as soon as the elevator doors had closed. “I don’t remember seeing a redhead.”

Taskmaster chuckled as he calmly came to stand between the pair that was Daken and Moonstone, and Reaper. The larger man simply grunted.

“Maybe there isn’t one.” Taskmaster offered in his own matter of fact manner.

“Where you looking for one?” Moonstone ask pointedly.

“You got me there.” He retorted, raising both hands in surrender.

“Thought so.” Moonstone intoned, pursing her lips, yet sounding triumphant, that is, before turning to see what Daken had to say for himself. Taskmaster simply shrugged.

The ride down to the Sub-Level Hangar 03 had been a speedy one. The doors opened and the expansive hangar area came into view, with all its vehicles and personnel milling about.

“There’s my guy.” Taskmaster stated looking straight ahead at a towering figure.

[​IMG]

“Well, that’s certainly a big fella.” Moonstone observed aloud.

“Quite. Name is Stonewall. Military veteran- and a perfect tank.”

“I bet.” Moonstone quipped in a heartbeat.

“What about yours? Where are the two you picked?” Taskmaster inquired as they stepped out.

“They’ re on their way. Should be here shortly.” She said, a sly smile forming over her lovely features. “I was able to recruit Diamond Lil. She’s enthusiastic about her work.”

“I bet.” Taskmaster rejoindered. “And the second one?”

“That would be, El Coyote. A certain hunter-tracker who seems to be doing some good work, yes?”

There was a small chuckle, then a glance at Daken.

“You know, it’s not too late for you to change your mind and get a redheaded subordinate. It certainly wouldn’t hurt, now would it?” She teased, which Daken was likely fully aware of.

Tag: @darthbernael

Uatu the Watcher
    A myriad possibilities, a single choice

The question was not What?, but When?, because the answer was consequence.

Was that not the story of his own people?

The moment would be a nuanced one, of that there was little doubt. Perhaps there would be many moments, who could say for certain.

The ‘Old Guard’ were sealed away, trapped. So what did that mean for the ‘New Breed’?

None could really know for certain, unless one would continue to watch.

There was certain danger, imminent danger which would test their limits.

But he would know what loomed behind it all.

Unmistakable and certain Doom.

Indeed.

When.

That was the question.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Mara Arsenio
    In Between

Mara didn't think she was fading, but paid attention when they talked about past lives. She perked up a bit at the mention of telepath, and spoke up. "I'm a Telepath too." Mara tucked a strand if hair behind her ear, "I think that's what helped me end up here."

But still, it's a scary place.

I wonder what my past life was really like? Was I happy?

"I'm sorry if I don't..talk much." Mara apologised. "I just uh..feel anxious around new people." She admitted. But they seemed okay so far. "Can you tell me more about accessing last lives? Is it very hard to do? Would being a telepath interfere?" Mara asked,and then paused and took a breath.

Tag: @greyjedi125 @Ktala

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    SGC’s 28.57^3
    Wundagore Citadel

SGC waited in the drawing silence as others looked at him. Was he not supposed to speak? He really should study that book on etiquette more, but it was so boring and confusing. For when he had first tried reading it he had been informed that many of the traditional etiquettes within were outdated and terribly incorrect.

“You are very perceptive, young one.” Snow Queen observed, a small smile caused her whiskers to rise. Ah. It was the surprise at the question, not for asking the question that had caused that silence. Good.

“Agreed.” Sir Urson chimed in, his voice a rich bass which contrasted against Snow Queen’s almost musical contra-alto.

“Meteors is what the world media is calling the falling objects…” Lord Garou went on to explain.

The wolf lord had a device on hand which he used to manipulate the projected image, increasing the magnification many times over. SGC had to suppress a desire to ask for it. It had been ever so long since he had used tech of decent advances , the fact that the monks liked their mental exercises over magic instead of machines made it that most of what he ever got to use was often at least a generation behind or equal to the poorer public.

“As you can see, these ‘meteors’ are in fact, creatures formed of ’space rock’, vested with incredible power and fully capable of confronting a real Sentineland winning.”

A brief but vicious encounter was shown of a Sentinel being defeated by a ‘Rock Monster’. They had both destroyed each other, but while the rock monster reformed, the Sentinel did not. “Fascinating.” SGC interjected at the end of the clip.

"No wonder many cities have activated their protective domes."

Lord Garou turned and set his gaze on young SGC, to gauge how he would react to what he’d learned. During that pause, a tremor was felt throughout the Citadel. Many of those attending turned to look at each other, exchanging curious gazes.

An attendant opened the doors suddenly.

“Pardon my Lords, news from the south perimeter. A fissure just opened….and……”

It was clear the attendant was trying to find a better word, but there was none he could find.

“Demons!!”

Tenzin’s expression blanched a bit. Lord Rakshasa’s looked intrigued. Others paused, probably to make sure they had heard correctly.

SGC heaved his abdominal carapace and thorax alike as a wheezing buzz of a sigh escaped him. So much for technology. “Does going for the head still work?” He asked curiously as he looked from his Master to the others. Last he was here those others he had fought were weak to head attacks. From his studies he was finding that most things would die if you destroyed the head.

Tag: @greyjedi125

21. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Daken
    Elevator and Sub-Level Hangar 03

Shaking his head at the teasing and enjoying the second that Taskmaster took the attention off of him, Daken grinned at the momentary intensity of Moonstone’s questioning. However, the distraction was shortlived, making his grin become a wry one. ”Well, Blondie, I could ask you the same question, were you looking for a redhead there?”

Before she could respond the elevator reached the Hangar and they stepped out to greet their teams. Reaper had been pretty quiet as they rode the hangar and even now he was. Daken knew the man wasn’t much of a talker to begin with but this was taking it a bit far and, with what he was more certain of recently it was making him uneasy.

Looking the figure up and down, this Stonewall that Taskmaster had chosen he chuckled. One eyebrow arched, ”Interesting choice indeed.” he murmured, wondering what it would be like to spar this one, vaguely recalling a story his father had told of supposedly fighting the man, at least until it turned out to be an apparition.

Diamond Lil...Diamond Lil, I know I know I know that name. Nope,” he scratched his chin with the backside of one claw, ”think I’d remember sleeping with her if I had so that’s not it. Ah well, I’ll remember.” He did know of her vaguely but he wanted to see if Moonstone remembered that he hardly ever forgot anything so it would tell if she still remembered other things.

He chuckled at the second name, before glancing at Taskmaster, Frank Castle doesn’t happen to be anywhere around Manhattan, would he? If so then Blondie’s choice may cause a few headaches.”

He looked up and grinned broadly at Moonstone’s question. Holding up a finger, the claw still extended past it, he wandered over to the senior trooper who had been pointed out as being in his team, who also didn’t look extremely happy to be under his command. Leaning close and whispering, knowing super hearing was a thing, he himself was evidence of that, he said a couple things. The man blanched but nodded, pulling out his radio and speaking into it quietly.

Daken walked over to the others again, smiling. ”Give it a sec….” he said almost cheerily.

It took a minute or so before there was a rushing sound coming from the elevator. It resolved into the sound of beating wings before a person, a redheaded female burst out of the tube, not even riding the platform. Her wings cupped the air for a moment before she landed with a solid sound on the floor near the group.

[​IMG]

”See, redhead. And no, not from Accounting but that’s where I kept seeing her. May I introduce Angela, Queen of Hel.” His tone was teasing but full of mirth. ”This should be a lot of fun now…!”

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Mara Arsenio
    Astral Plane

“Of course you’re a telepath, we can tell….” Phoebe stated, mildly amused.

“…Because we can still hear your thinking voice.” Celeste finished, a soft smile gracing her lips.

“We’ll give you a few pointers on how to better guard your thoughts. It’ll come in handy.” Mandee advised genially.

“I’m assuming you can remember some portion of your past life…” Celeste interjected. “Here in the Astral Plane, it would be easier to follow that mental thread, but without a certain level of discipline, you could get lost inside a memory.” Celeste cautioned. Her two sisters nodded in agreement.

“Have either of you received any kind of formal training?” Phoebe inquired after a pause.

“For your abilities, we mean.” Mandee said, clarifying the matter.

Celeste looked to one side and made a nodding motion, seemingly interacting with someone unseen, before returning her attention to the conversation at hand.

The mood remained light and jovial between the gathered ladies. It was good meeting other ‘astral travelers’, even in these uncertain times.

Tag: @TheSilentInfluence, @Ktala

Tenzin & SGC
    Wundagore Citadel

“Southern Patrolers, engage and contain those demons immediately. Any available units are commanded to assist; we will be sending you reinforcements shortly.”

Lord Garou clicked the device he had been holding after speaking into it, then shared a nod with Sir Aslan and the rest of the Knights of Wundagore.

“Indeed, Noble Esgeecee, ‘going for the head’ is still a most effective way of dealing with one’s enemy.”

From her tone and fanged smile, it was evident Snow Queen clearly approved of SGC’s line of thinking.

“But remember….” Tenzin put in quickly as he moved to stand next to his pupil. “You must have the mindset of a defender and protector. If you must attack, let it be without malice, without anger in your heart. Be ever mindful of your intent.The seed of darkness will take root within if you do not guard against it. You’ve seen the result for yourself, in the corrupted Mystic Masters.”

“Why do you say such things Monk? He must be allowed to experience the gamut of existence.” Lord Rakshasa interjected.

“With all due respect, my pupil, my lessons.” Was Tenzin’s response.

The sorcerous feline accepted the rebuke in stride, simply offering a nod of acknowledgement, instead of words.

“…Now that we have that settled….” Sir Aslan now spoke, breaking the uneasy pause.

Noble SGC is by his very nature a ‘Knight of Wundagore’, and as such, he should be outfitted as one.”

The majestic armored figure of Sir Aslan strode towards a curtain covering a wall, which he drew back. Various weapons, pieces of armor and other items came into view then. Each piece was artfully crafted, and seemed enchanted. It was hard to tell whether they were powered by magic, technology or both. Some would say they were one and the same.

Would SGC select a Sword, a Shield, a Staff, an Axe, a Morning Star, or Bow? Maybe a piece of armor? Perhaps an enchanted ring or amulet of protection.

Looking back, he would see that all the Knights were arrayed in some special way.

“We go to battle young one, so choose wisely.” Lord Garou smoothly advised.

Tenzin looked on, a worried expression slowly blossoming on his face.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

Daken and the ‘Redhead’
    Sub-Level Hangar 03

It is said that a redhead certainly knows how to make an entrance. Angela was no exception to that rule. All eyes were on her as she exited the elevator and was carried on beating wings. How could one not marvel at her presence?

Moonstone crossed her arms over her chest and tilted her head as Daken made introductions. Her scrutinizing blue eyes had gone back and forth between Daken and Angela several times before he had even finished.

“Well, then…..” She breathed out after a moment, doing her best to appear ‘casual’, at which point she unfolded her arms and allowed them to drop to her side. A perfectly practiced smile bloomed to adorn her face.

“It is a pleasure to finally meet you in person, Angela.”

Moonstone actually nailed the sincerity in her voice, which was no surprise, given her skills.

“Loving the armor, if you don’t mind me saying so.”

A nod of approval.

“Shiny.” She added.

“But, help me understand.” She stated, seeming puzzled for a moment.

“Are you not ranked on the same level as Lord Stryfe?” She queried.

“It would not be possible for you to act as a subordinate to a Lieutenant, given your position, am I right?”

Moonstone gave an innocent shrug and a sheepish smile to the pair. It took all of her will power not to bat her eyelashes at Daken, or glare daggers for that matter.

Tag: @darthbernael

John Paul
    Lower East Side apartments, Manhattan

This time, it wasn’t the dreams that woke him up. Dreams of a being a teacher, of having students, of being attacked, of changing. That was the dream, a different world.
    John hadn’t gone outside much after the attack which activated his metahuman powers. He had not gone back to teach his class. Was he a teacher still?

The Superhuman Registration Act did pass. Being an unregistered meta was illegal. It was considered a crime. He had been a normal man, without a care for such things. His only concern had been teaching and grading. Now he had powers. John had seen what happened to students who were coming of age, that suddenly manifested powers. The school would call the authorities on them. It was the law. He’d seen how they were collared and taken away.

Would they do the same to him?

So he stayed at home, he’d gone on an unplanned sabbatical. It gave him time to practice, to become familiar with his abilities. But going outside? It was dangerous. Bounty Hunters could very well catch him and turn him in. Worse, what if he came across a Claw Patrol? Those things really did look like…what was his name again? Wolverine?

It was the loud rumbling that had awoken him. On the news, it was reported that Sentinels, those mutant-hunting machines, were going up into the atmosphere to intercept a dangerous meteor shower. Hundreds of Sentinels.

The city was going into lockdown. The city-wide shield was scheduled to come on, and everyone was ordered to stay indoors.

But what of supplies? John was down to almost nothing.

From his apartment window, he could see them outside. Foot patrols and troublemakers alike.

What was happening to the world? Better yet, what would he do?

Tag: @Tay Neir

Agent 22 a.k.a ‘Agent Viper'
    White Star, underground HQ, NYC

The room he had been called to was medium sized, well lit and lightly furnished, but comfortably so. One could say it was a small conference room, yet functional. He would not have to wait long before he was seen.

“Thank you for your prompt response Agent Viper, your arrival is not only timely but deeply appreciated.” The woman would say as she entered the room.

“I’m Agent Delphi and I shall be conducting your mission briefing.”

[​IMG]

“We have a developing situation we’d like to fully capitalize on and we require well trained and skilled agents to achieve this objective.”

The door opened once again, now admitting another person.

[​IMG]

“This is Agent Cross, who will also be part of this op. We’ve pulled him away from another job in favor of this one. Agent Cross, meet Agent Viper.”

“Pleasure.”

Agent Cross observed pleasantries and cordially shook Agent Viper’s hand before taking a nearby seat.

“We have confirmed reports of a power fluctuation at the Hudson Yards Metahuman Holding Facility. There’s a very strong possibility that an opportunity to extract an asset will present itself and we would like you to be ready when that happens.”

Agent Delphi raised a hand.

“I do want to hear all of your question, objections and suggestions. This op needs to go as smoothly as possible, meaning, you’ll need to be ready for any contingency and outfitted accordingly.”

Delphi nodded, grateful for the momentary pause.

“I’ve also called Agent 77 to join us, if she finds herself available to do so.” She added.

“Of course, we shall proceed with those who are ready when the time comes. We may not get another chance to retrieve the Apothecary, so we cannot delay. We owe him that much at least.”

Tag: @AgentViper007 *( @TheAdmiral, if interested )

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    An astral experience

“Oh….wow…..”
    Phoebe started. “…so you do remember the true timeline….?” Celeste said, finishing the sentence.

“Those who remember have very resilient minds, or have a connection to another plane or source.” Mandee explained. “…not unlike your connection to the void.”

“Most folks won’t remember their past lives and for those that do, they will eventually forget after sometime, as the new timeline asserts itself as dominant.” Celeste informed, much like a school teacher would.

As for whatever you saw, well, we would need to see into your mind to try and identify it. Unless you have the ability to show us.” Celeste continued.

Urgh. Shelly didnt like the idea of them going thru her mind. BUT, if something had hitched a ride, she had already been invaded. Good way to make sure nothing was left behind. Maybe it was being in this place, but it was similar to the void, so it made her feel much more relaxed. Almost... almost like being home.

“Now, this ‘Cube’ your are referring to…” Phoebe spoke carefully as she moved a little closer, mostly for effect. “Was the word ‘Cosmic’ also mentioned in the same breath?”

There was a brief pause as the girls looked at each other, then back to Shelly.

“Just be glad you’re not a telepath right now.” Celeste stated simply. “It saves you the trouble from worrying about that blindingly bright star all the way over there, which just keeps getting ever closer.”

“We still don’t know what or who it is…” Mandee said, trying to sound reasonable.

“Right. That’s part of the problem.” Celeste asserted with detectable concern.

The other girl who had been silent, suddenly spoke up then.

"I'm a Telepath too." Mara stated, "I think that's what helped me end up here." 'Kewl', thought Shelly. As she remaged thru her memories, Mara spoke up again.

"I'm sorry if I don't..talk much." Mara apologised. "I just uh..feel anxious around new people." She admitted. "Can you tell me more about accessing last lives? Is it very hard to do? Would being a telepath interfere?" Mara asked,and then paused and took a breath.

Then Mara began to talk with the 3, as Shelly thought, trying to remember, and sift thru the mush that was currently her brain. So much had happened, but she pushed thru them, trying to remember all, with two memories trying to keep it all straight. She vaguely looked over towards the 'bright star' they were talking about ..staring at it...

Shelly suddenly gasped, as Phoebe had inquired if any of them had received any time of formal training on their abilities, her eyes opened wide. The parking lot!

Shelly looked at Phoebe. "I remember! I remember! I have 2 other friends who also remember the original timeline. They told me!" Shelly then got very serious looking. "No..no formal training...but, I remember that we were talking..."

Shelly looked at all of them. "They told me that the President gave in to some demands to some guy called Doom. And he stated that Doom has that...that Cosmic Cube thing. And he said that the Avengers and everyone else failed. I dont know what that means. But it didnt sound good. I remember thinking that it sounded like it had something to do with time...."

Shelly made a face. "Well..I dont think I can show you, since my skills mainly deal with shadows, and the void and ... uh...I dont know really how to explain it. But I'm willing to let you 'see', just in case something did travel with me. Because that voice kinda creeped me out."

Shelly suddenly realized that she had rapid fired a bunch of information all at one, so she dropped her head. She then looked up. "Think..you could teach us that nifty shielding trick?" she asked softly. Shelly kind of wondered what was going on back at Colin's Aunts house. Hope they werent too worried. Shelly offered Mara a smile. Mara reminded her of Marla, kinda. That made her feel better again.

Tag: @greyjedi125 , @TheSilentInfluence

24. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    GM APPROVED, post coming soon...

Name: Patrick Robertson

Codename: Viper (formerly Agent 22 with SHIELD)

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Height: 5ft11in

Weight: Average

Likes: Motorbikes, running, long walks, fellow freedom fighters, spy movies, heroes (but not cocky ones)

Dislikes: Anybody against freedom, time wasters, corrupt officials, liars, people who want to destroy Earth

Personality: Speaks when he needs to, quiet otherwise but can give you an evil stare if you are wasting his time….

Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Basic Abilities: No abilities

Bio:

He was Agent 22 with SHIELD.

Now he's a White Star freedom fighter. Codename: Viper. And like any good snake he's silent but deadly. He's the one you send on the particularly dangerous jobs.

Born on the mean streets of Los Angeles, he saw his fair share of bad guys on the streets. So he decided he wanted to do some good, and to the displeasure of his parents, he joined the LAPD.

It was not smooth sailing. Shootouts, solving crimes, more dangerous situations you could shake a stick at. However he had a good record as a patrolman.

However one day his life changed forever when he met his first superhuman. Patrick helped save a family from a particularly dangerous murder with the help from this superhuman and was awed by this person and thier abilities. A SHIELD team arrived and Patrick decided it was time for a career change (he had heard of SHIELD and what they did but the others in the LAPD thought it was nonsense).

Thus after passing his tests he became Agent 22. Sent all around the world on missions. He gained a reputation as the silent but deadly type. Only using force when needed. He wants to work with heroes, working to save the world from alien and even human threats.

Everything changed when HAMMER took over SHIELD. Knowing that registration would mean the death of Earth he joined the White Star freedom fighters which included his fellow SHIELD agents. He was given the codename Viper, which was his nickname during his time at SHIELD.

Now with a new threat incoming, it's time for the Viper to be unleashed…..

25. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: Apologies for the double post but wanted to get this one off and away...

IC: Patrick Robertson aka Agent Viper

You'd be forgiven for thinking the world was ending with the amount of Sentinals racing into the sky. That's what greeted Patrick, the White Star fighter known as Viper (formerly known as Agent 22 in his SHIELD days) saw when he arrived in New York after the summons.

Sitting in the conference room it wasn't long before he was greeted by his fellow agents, Delphi and Cross. He shook Cross's hand, and nodded. He was known for only speaking when he needed to, he mostly let his moves do the talking.

The mission it seemed involved extracting an asset from a facility holding metahumans, a dangerous job if there ever was one. Especially with HAMMER and the Sentinals sniffing around. Patrick was well known for taking the jobs that other agents usually passed on.

The ones where you could almost certainly could die or get captured on. He only hoped this Agent 77 if she did show up was ready and willing to take this one on. Because grabbing any and all metahumans that could potentially either join the fight for freedom or could be saved was a mission worth doing.

"If we cannot delay, then let's get right to it" Patrick said folding his arms "What powers does this asset have and will they come willingly or not?"

"Also what forces do they have at this facility? And could we expect trouble from the locals?" This was not just HAMMER but NYPD too.

"I need layout, schematics, anything you can provide so I can plan entry and exits. Plus any equipment and armour you think I will need in case this asset turns into trouble and if we get the cavalry arriving….."

TAG: @greyjedi125 (@TheAdmiral if you want to join this ride)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.