main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Marvel Heroes: A New Breed - ~Summer 2020 Best RPG~

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Monin Bellascort
    -Rehearsal space, Upper West Side

“We know your ancestral heritage can grant you diplomatic immunity at the Wakandan Embassy if you claim it, but…will you help us?”

Monin clinched his fist and narrowed his eyes as Chuck's motionless body. His head hurt...Something had definitely happened. Right?

Wait... these girls were mutants.

And Chuck...

What was going on?

"Look... I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not Wakandan, I've never even-"

Help them...

The call to action felt like it came from inside him. His heart...No... it felt like it came from...some vast depth deep inside his soul. Like he had all of space inside of him and the voice was coming from a single planet. He looked back at the women... They did need his help. And little known to anyone else, he was trying to be a hero. He saw himself as a hero and when people needed help, he would help them. That was the choice he made and the identity he wanted for himself.

Who you want to be, Monin? He asked himself.

Its not who I want to be. Its who I am. I am a hero.

His chest puffed up a little bit and his eyes darted to Eliza, who was drooping in her chair a bit. He moved to her quickly and placed his palm on her forehead. "Hey Liza, you okay?" He had a few powers since receiving the brand, but healing wasn't one of them. He looked back at the women. "Okay... I'll help you, but can you do anything for her?"

Tag: @greyjedi125

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Alhambra, Arizona, Zook’s

Shelly looked perplexed as when she neared the table, Marla and the others started to applaud, making other folks look their way. “You made it!!” Marla stood and gave her a quick welcoming hug before sitting back down. “Order whatever you want, it’s a group tab.” Fatima informed her with an easy smile.

She made it? She just went to the restroom, really? Did she miss something else?

“So, you guys ready to order?” Asked a friendly waitress who came around to the table of six. Big Mike gave her a welcoming smile. “I am!” He put in quickly.

Shelly listed as the others ordered their meals. Shelly wasn't really hungry now, so she opted for a simple drink and some appetizers. Shelly tried to be polite, but she only half-listened to the conversation. She couldn't understand why she seemed to be the only person that noticed a change. She really wanted to talk with Tony. She felt that he knew much more than he let on. As she looked around, she noticed Colin glancing at her. She looked at him for a long moment, before staring back at her plate. Had he noticed something as well?

With a deep sigh, Shelly tried to refocus on the conversation. Maybe she could find out what changes had happened.

3. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Larry Stone
    Greenwich Village, Lower Manhattan

The sanctum in which Larry was in suddenly shook with such great intensity, Larry's eyes deceived him and he saw himself in an all too familiar battlefield. With one quick motion, Larry took from his clothes him pistol, which he had concealed on his person when he had awoken earlier. The image then fades away, and he is returned to the sanctum. He shook his head, and shivered as he looked around the room in confusion.

Immediately, Tenzin the monk makes his way to find his student, SGC and their guest, Larry.

“Did either of you feel something…strange?” He inquired, sounding somewhat worried. That the Sanctum itself shook was a concern.

"Yes." SGC simply stated with a wave all around them, "There was a strange motion from the building. I thought that this area was geologically stable?" He stated.

Larry looked to Tenzin with a look of concern on his face, before they were interrupted by a loud roaring sound coming from above, though muffled by the building’s exterior. They can all hear it, as well as see the flashing lights passing by the windows. Without a thought, Tenzin goes to see the cause, with Larry following him, and upon looking through the glass, he beholds a sight he could not have imagined.

“By the Vishanti……” the monk exclaimed aloud. Larry paused, before reacting quickly.

"I'm going to see where they're headed." he states, before taking off his top and his familiar bronze wings appearing.

"Is there a way you can follow?"

@greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto

4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline & Casey
    Zephyr's Hideout

Blue looked down, letting out a breath. Seemed that no one escaped from the Superhuman detention center. That could be something to do they couldn't stay hidden in here. Well Blue wouldn't.

Casey pursed her lips a little, it was increasing, this Malformed Outbreak was still on going. She didn't know what to do, or what she could do, but it was good to know how this disease was progressing. Looking around the space she let out a breath, much like Blue. The walls were bare with only a few bits of wall art to break up the bleak interior.

[Incoming yellow Alert: Claw Patrol reported in the Triskelion area. High Caution recommended. Will there be anything else?]

Blue's ears perk up at that. Claw Patrol could be dangerous, for others. Blue finished his meal and got up from the table.

"Doc where in the Triskelion area?" He called out.

Casey looked to him with a startled look.

"Where are you going?"

"Heading out, make sure no one gets snapped up by this patrol."

"Blue you can't take them on your own."

"I'm not planning on fighting them head on. Just making sure I can get others out of their path."

"Blue…"

"I won't stay hiding in here, people need help." Moving towards the exit Casey followed.

"Two sets of eyes are better than one."

"Casey, no. We don't need more attention on us."

"And what if you need help?"

"I can handle myself, and I can keep out of sight."

"No you can't, we both know you will leap into the fray at the first opportunity."

"I will do what I need to."

"And get caught and sent to that detention center."

"I'm not going to keep hiding…"

TAG: @Ameteth @greyjedi125

I_am_Kooky, Sith-I-5, Ameteth and 2 others like this.
  5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mary Formal, Nicole Gravely, passenger lounge for the San Diego flight

As the two girls laughed along with the video, a thick, meaty and definitely male voice behind announced loudly, "That's funny."

Both pulled the earbuds out and looked around.

Mary even did a double take!

Behind her, somehow perched on the reverse set of seats behind theirs, was a several foot-high Doom Mac! Three levels of sesame seed bun, lettuce, special sauce, scarlet Ghost Peppers that had been green once, but now looked force ripened by....she didn't know how you ripened peppers, maybe under bright and hot lights like in an indoor marijuana farm; and the piece de resistance, a melted slice of cheese, peeking out over a glistening synthmeat pattie, like the corners of a yellow judo crash mat.

All this is a graphic way of saying that Formal's first impression of the speaker, was that of LUNCH!

Even the Arcan found this strange; considering that her only form of nutrient was a beating human heart, why, when she saw a visual manifestation of a meal, did she never see a five-foot-high heart?

"But he’s rong. Malformed are insects." The burger continued pleasantly.

Mary put the hand holding her earbud over her mouth and whispered to Nikki: "Honey, are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

"I'd imagine so; what're you seeing?"

"You two sisters?"

Mary leaned over to whisper in her daughter's ear, who in turn leaned away slightly, looking back at her adopted mother with a surprised look in her eyes. She was seeing a male as broad as he was tall, thick-necked and broad shouldered. His face had the appearance of a young man who had been green once, then force-riped by indoctrination; what with his buzz cut and T-shirt which read: (The word Mutant had been crossed out) HUMAN and PROUD, across his chest.

He also wore camo-patterened cargo pants. She didn't want to look so interested that she knelt up in her chair to check out his footwear, so that would have to wait.

"You look like sisters, cute too."

"In what universe do we look like sisters?" She queried caustically, peering up at the young man. "Wait...what's the colour of the day?"

The young redhead needed another ten to twelve inches to even be considered by the Portland Police Bureau, so had to settle for being a Badge Bunny, one of those scantily-dressed gals who threw themselves at a guy in uniform. That seemed like another life, long before Agent Formal had quickly re-introduced her to organised bedtimes.

With US police often violently brutal to certain demographics, some undercovers had developed a 'colour of the day' system to hopefully communicate to their brother officers, "****'* sake, stop hitting me, I'm one of you!" without blowing their covers; whilst Roll Call sergeants informed their patrols what colour to listen out for.

For her part, Mary, not able to indulge in 'LUNCH', due to having Nikki with her, and not having a nearby alleyway to drag her meal into, was gradually perceiving the same as her daughter; and having to let other sensory inputs in.

As much as he looked like an indoctrinated, mutant-hating thug-boy...some things were not adding up.

a) This guy was not following the trend of the other passengers, excited about the Malformed executions going on outside, and despite his appearance, b) wearing the word 'mutant', even crossed out, was pretty risky; c) how had he heard what the man on the phone had said? With the phone jack in the phone, he wouldn't have heard any of the audio. Could he read lips on the tiny screen, given how much further he was from it? Even if he had watched the clip before, there were no visual cues to tell it from the thousand other exchanges that she imagined the panel show had generated. No, there had to be more to him than met the eye.

"Are you the Air Marshal?"

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  6. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    IC: Zephyr Vaillancourt
    Home Hideout NYC

Zephyr looked pointedly at the computer terminal with one raised eyebrow and a look of doubt mixed with disapproval.

‘”Light sensitivity?”’ he thought to himself. ‘Did Doc just try to mollify me or gaslight me with some psychobabble?’

In actuality Doc was programmed to ‘mollify’ and ‘appease’ members of the team when they appeared agitated or confused, that were part of ‘his’ many important functions.

So it stood to reason that Doc’s sensors did not pick up the event or that it also affected the computer construct.

Zephyr ran his hand through his obsidian hair, styling it subconsciously, an old habit that hinted at worry or frustration.

With a small sigh he decided to run a diagnostic after breakfast and to trust that his progenitor’s Kree powered systems would intervene if Doc was ever co-opted or corrupted.

Half listening to his teammates, Zephyr sat down at the command center to schedule the diagnostic procedure and look at his pending messages. In the background, the familiar back and forth was almost comforting.

Blue was being himself; always looking for something to do, someone to save.

“Do we know if any got out?” he heard him ask.

Casey had a way of getting the latest statistics and coming up with some good ‘guesstimations’ of what was going on out there.

[Well, Casey. Measured against ‘Last Year’s’ global index report on the Malformed Population, the current statistical data indicates an estimated 3.34% increase per million.]

Even Doc’s calm synth voice did nothing to soften the bad news. Casey would probably run a report to find out if any nearby areas were being affected by this terrible increase of Malformed cases.

“Now let’s see what’s in here…”

Clasping his hands together and cracking his fingers comically, Zephyr chuckled as he recalled how he came about the password for this file.

It was actually his friend Zack or rather a story he told that served as inspiration. It was a ‘gag’ contest between young scientists to come up with a possible formula for some of the most exotic and rare elements ‘known to man’.

There were three entries that stood out the most; Protomatter, Unobtanium and the Omega particle. The length and complexities of some of the formulae were funny and astounding to look at, but there was a definitive elegance to the formula used for Unobtanium.

Entering the password, Zephyr read the content with great interest, getting a communication from White Star usually served to bolster morale as news of progress and small victories kept the fire of hope kindled.

Then a word caught his attention during the conversation drawing him back into the room with his teammates.

"Heading out, make sure no one gets snapped up by this patrol."

"I'm not planning on fighting them head on. Just making sure I can get others out of their path."

"Blue…"

"I won't stay hiding in here, people need help."

“…What?....wait! Blue!”

"I can handle myself, and I can keep out of sight."

"No you can't, we both know you will leap into the fray at the first opportunity."

"I will do what I need to."

“Blue, WAIT!” they were all talking over each other now.

“BLUE, THEY’LL CUT YOU TO SHREDS!!!”

“We need to do THIS one together…Do you even KNOW what you’ll be facing? They’ll find you and you WON’T SURVIVE! Please listen to me on this one…please!”

Zephyr’s loud pleading voice was accompanied by the large display showing images and stats of a Claw hunter, who are clones of Wolverine, possessing all of his legendary abilities.

“Together… like we’ve practiced…. please Blue, we need to stick together, we will need ALL of our abilities…”

The image of the fearsome Claw hunter dominated the room, the menacing form exuding violence and brutality and death even in this digitized representation.

Inwardly Zephyr thanked the agents at White Star who had sent this life saving bit of intelligence. This was more than vigilante work, if they were going to actively face such a deadly foe(s) they needed to be prepared like never before, this time the price of failure could be final.

TAG: @greyjedi125 , @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: A Combo with the magnificent grey one! :D

Shelly VanKasser
    Alhambra, Arizona, Zook's

The group of friends were served their respective orders and began happily to socialize, eating and sharing in casual conversation. It was as if everything was normal, life as usual even. Despite this, Shelly's disquiet did not go unnoticed. After moments of her staring at her appetizer, Shelly's phone would buzz indicating that she had received a text. This was completely normal among groups their age, so no one really paid much attention. Upon checking her messages, Shelly would see a group chat that included herself, Tony, and Colin.

Tony: Marla told us what happened while you were in the ladies' room and how upset you were. You sure you ok?

Colin: We are here for you, really. No matter how bad things seem

All Shelly had to do was look to the side to see the two boys on their phones texting her.

Shelly wasn't sure what she should do. But if she didn't ask, she was going to go insane. So Shelly grabbed her soda and took a drink. She then texted back. /Thanks, guys. I really need it. It was a very surreal experience. I'm sorry to bring down the mood. But, did any of you guys notice something uh.. strange happen today? Like a huge flash of light or something?/

Shelly picked at her food, as she waited for a response.

There was a palpable pause in their correspondence. The voices of the others seemed distant as the moment seemed to stretch, then at once, both Tony and Colin answered simultaneously, with one word:

Yes.

Then Tony added: /We should talk outside, in the parking lot./

Without a word, Tony simply rose from the table and began to move out. It was 'typical' Tony, so all conversations continued as normal. Colin would give a knowing nod to Shelly, then text: / After you./

Oh, thank GOD! Shelly was glad that she was not going insane. She felt as if a large weight has been removed from her chest. Now for the first time, she felt like smiling. She ate a bit of food, and then she leaned over to Marla.to the "Thanks for this. I feel a bit better now. I'm gonna go outside a grab a breath of fresh air, OK? Don't worry, I'll be around for dessert!"

With that, Shelly stood up, and after taking a swig of her drink, she headed out to the parking lot, hoping that finally, she would get some much-needed answers.

Once outside, Shelly would find Tony waiting by the curb. He would turn as she approached and smile the way an old friend would. Colin would appear just a few moments later to join them. The trio would be far away enough not to be heard, though still visible through Zook's glass windows.

"So, here we are." Tony would say, opening the floor for conversation.

Shelly gave a smile as she approached Tony, and relaxed a bit, as she stood hands in her pockets. "We are here, but this isn't my here," Shelly replied. She just figured she would just blurt it out. If they decided that she was crazy she would just leave it alone.

What has happened? I know that the night before, there wasn't giant robots standing around scanning cars. and PH balanced humans? And THIS fracking thing! Shelly said as she jerked a thumb towards the collar. "I mean, there was a flash, and it was like reality changed." Shelly was on a roll. "And..what is this 'event' that everyone keeps talking about, and Marla mentioned that I sure don't have any memory of?"

Shelly took her hands out of her pocket and rolled her eyes. "It's like I'm in a bad dream I can't wake up from. I'm afraid to go back to where I was staying. If there are any changes there, I don't think I could take it."

Shelly gave a deep sigh. "And I thought the craziest thing that had happened to be so far, was to hear some guys chatting about a cube, back at your house party. Right now, I'd be happy to go back to that night.

Tony and Colin exchanged glances as Shelly spoke; knowing glances. They both waited for her to say what she needed and express how she felt. Acknowledging those things was very important. It helped one to cope with the 'changes'.

"You're not crazy, and you're not alone," Colin affirmed, hoping to reassure her. Tony was next to speak.

"As far as I can tell, our reality has changed, but I don't think we were supposed to be aware of that...because, most people don't seem to recall yesterday the way we do." Tony spared a glanced toward the eatery behind them.

"Whatever you do, don't take it off, not while you're outdoors anyway," Colin warned as he pointed at the collar he was wearing. "You don't want them to put the real thing on you." Tony nodded, co-signing on what Colin had said.

"The event Marla is probably referring to could probably be the Ultron Virus or the rampant Malformed Outbreak. Heck, she might even mean the day our President gave into Doom's demands." Tony ran his hand through his dark hair but kept his cool as he spoke.

"Doom has the Cosmic Cube." Tony started looking at the two. "Which means the Avengers and everyone else failed."

Perhaps that wasn't what anyone wanted to hear, but it needed to be said- despite the award silence that followed.

Tony shook his head, desperately trying to hold on to what he could still remember.

Shelly took this information pretty well, considering. So, she wasn't going insane, there was definitely different than what it had been like before. It was hard, trying to keep track of two realities.

"Ultron virus, malformed outbreaks? President gave in to whoever this guy Doom is , demands?" Shelly echoed softly. She looked at Colin, trying to keep her face straight. When they mentioned about the collar, Shelly shook her head violently.

"Don't worry. I won't. Ever." Shelly stated with a slight off look on her face. She could imagine what the real one might do. And then Tony started talking about this guy Doom, and the Cosmic Cube, and that the beings she knew as superheroes have failed. Shelly also noticed something else.

She saw that Colins wore a collar, but like her, he remembered things of their past. But Tony didn't wear a collar. So that should mean that he was a regular human. A smart human, but still regular. So how come that HE remembered things? It seemed as if he might have some trouble, but he still remembered things. That shouldn't be the case if he was a normal human. Unless he was shielded somehow.

"Wow. I guess I better do some reading so I can get caught up..." Shelly looked over confused. What do the collars signify? That you are an OK person to be around, because you can't use your powers?" she asked, dropping her voice a bit lower. Shelly looked up. "So, there is nothing we can do?" she asked them.

Both Tony and Colin took a step closer to Shelly as they too lowered their voices.

"The real collars are called Inhibitor Collars. They suppress your powers. Metas who are registered wear them. Metas who have been captured but are pending registration also wear them while in detention camps. Only sanctioned metas are exempt. Well, the same goes for unregistered ones who have evaded capture." Tony gave a small smile at that last bit, then continued.

"The more time we spend in this reality, the more we will forget the past one. That can't be helped. What we need to do is find allies, others who remember something, or who stand against Doom; 'cause if he wins....."

Tony shook his head, not really wanting to finish that sentence. In that moment, all three of their phones buzzed simultaneously. It was Marla texting them.

/Marla: So, you guys coming back inside?/

Shelly gave a small laugh. "I think the crowd is restless for our return." She felt much better now even if she had no idea where she would be sleeping tonight. And Tony's small smile made her wonder even more. But there more important problems now. So they needed allies. Those who remember something, or can stand up against this Doom guy.

"Well, whatever you guys come up with, I'm in. Cause I don't think I can live like this," she added with a low whisper, as she then turned and headed back to the cafe, a small smile on her face. Once she got back inside, she looked at Marla and gave her a huge grin. "Is it desert time already?" she asked, feeling like she had a purpose now.

TAG: @greyjedi123

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Uatu
    Watching, and then returning

As the airport continued its normalcy, and the moment he had expected did not yet arrive, Uatu became aware of an intrusion to the moon. Casting an eye one more time to Mary Formal, Nicole Gravely and the rest, he shimmered away, not even careful to ensure he was undetected in doing so. It was important for the world to know he was was watching, at very least to him.

He refocused, connecting the ties together and, in spite of himself, feeling a looming and foreboding momentum building that went far beyond the ordinary. Indeed, Uatu was concerned that it was not being understood by the heroes of Earth, or even its villains, and Uatu began to wonder if he should speak.

He had visited Seattle airport, but that didn't allow him to locate the fulcrum of it all.

TAG: @greyjedi125

9. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline & Casey
    Zephyr's Hideout

“BLUE, THEY’LL CUT YOU TO SHREDS!!!”

"AND THEY WILL DO WORSE TO ANYONE ELSE!" Blue shouted back at Zephyr.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO DON'T HAVE TO #@$%^&` KILL YOURSELF!" Casey added her voice dipping into the vocabulary taught to her by her father's army friends.

“We need to do THIS one together…Do you even KNOW what you’ll be facing? They’ll find you and you WON’T SURVIVE! Please listen to me on this one…please!” Blue looked on unafraid of the monsters that now prowled the streets. He was confident in his abilities, if not beat them, then survive them. “Together… like we’ve practiced…. please Blue, we need to stick together, we will need ALL of our abilities…”

"And what would you expect me to do, stand around and wait for you to come up with a plan?" The blue clad hero asked with an accusatory tone. "I won't keep waiting."

"You don't have to do this on your own." Casey shot back. "When will you learn that you are not alone anymore." Her voice wavered her eyes shifting towards the image of the Claw Monsters. "Do you see them…" She pointed to the monster, "They aren't just some thugs in the street, these are purpose built killing machines."

"And you want me to just sit around and wait for us to plan while people die to these things?"

"Do you even listen to us?" Casey's voice was strained with anger and worry. "We need to work together, not go out and face these things on our own...we are stronger together. You don't have to be the only hero on the streets."

Blue stood looking between them and looking up at the foe they were going to face.Casey pulled up the hood and mask of her super suit, that she was always wearing, given Blue's penchant for just taking off at a moment's notice.

"If you're going, then I'm going, and Zephyr is too. No more heading out alone." Casey's hands were shaking with fear, near terror, but she wasn't going to lose Blue, that was something she feared the most.

Losing her closest friend.

Blue was silent, looking between Casey and Zephyr his eyes harsh. Taking a few breaths he tried to calm himself down. He could either hideout keep Casey and Zephyr out of trouble, while others died, or go out into the field with them and possibly lose them.

It was bad choices all around but Blue's heart was telling him to head out, to save as many lives as he could. He couldn't keep hiding away, he couldn't keep letting his fear keep him from saving lives. He was a hero, no matter the risks to himself...but what about Casey and Zephyr...what about the risk to them. Despite all their assurances that they could handle themselves or that they would be safe, part of him couldn't let go of that fear that he would lose them. It always came down to this, hiding away or risking Zephyr, and risking Casey losing control.

"Alright, stick close, don't get separated." Blue's voice was more resigned, almost giving up. He wasn't going to hide away, but he was going to keep his partners safe. "Well come on."

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  10. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Blueline, Casey, & Zephyr
    Zephyr’s Hideout

Doc waited patiently for an opportune moment to speak, even as Zephyr did his best to reason with the proactive Blueline. As always, Casey would find herself in the middle of two, sometimes opposing and sometimes well justified opinions.

In the background, the image of a single ‘Claw’ Hunter loomed. Its head covered by the metallic control helm with its cyclopean red visor, body slightly hunched forward in a menacing pose, with its three claws extended. These clones of wolverine were used by H.A.M.M.E.R. not only to ‘eliminate’ those afflicted by the Malformed Outbreak, but also to hunt down unregistered mutants on the run. The H.A.M.M.E.R insignia was emblazoned on the left side of their dark uniforms.

Finally detecting a pause, Doc calmly interjected, answering Blue’s question.

[Triskelion was built in New York’s Harbor, on what is formerly known as Governor’s Island, located about 2 miles south-east of our location. The area is currently designated as restricted by H.A.M.M.ER. All ferry and aerial access have been discontinued. Would you like to see a map?]

Of course, Doc was just trying to be helpful.

Thankfully, after a quick read of the most current message in White Star folder, Zephyr would be able to offer an activity which required immediate action an presented a lesser degree of risk.

//Sender: W.S.; Encrypted MSSG: Greetings Psion. We are presently in need of a courier/escort team for an op in the Union SQ area. Is your team available? Expires: 04:58 min//

As fate would have it, the message was also displayed on the screen for the three young heroes to read and decide accordingly, that is, if they even saw it.

Once Blueline made up his mind about a course of action, it was nearly impossible to turn him away from it.

Tag: @Ameteth , @galactic-vagabond422

Zara Chang
    Undercity, White Star HQ

The sparring room could have been bigger, all things considered, but it was all that was available at the moment. The 12 meter x12 meter space with a ceiling half as tall was the place where Zara would presently find herself, sparring with her new ‘partner’.

Agent Cross was a 6’ 2” no nonsense, raven haired man with the piercing gaze of a grey eyed wolf. The man had the demeanor of a Winter Soldier, and looks that matched. He was an experienced and loyal member of S.H.I.E.L.D. who now found himself with White Star. His current assignment was to complete Agent Zero G’s basic training, and he was a man who took his duty seriously.

The room was empty, save for the two of them. There were no windows and no mat on the ground. Agent Cross wore a simple black tank top, athletic pants and footwear.

Cross came at Zara with a powerful right hook, which smoothly blended into a reverse sweep with his left leg.

“I need to know I can count on you in a pinch.” He breathed out as he began to right himself. “That’s rule number one.” He would punctuate with a front thrust kick.

Tag: @Kurisan

Monin & The Frosties
    Rehersal Space, Upper West Side

Phoebe reacted without hesitation and came over to assist Eliza. The blonde held her hands close to the dazed woman’s temples and slowly began to stabilize her.

“She’ll be fine.” She informed Monin, while looking over her shoulder.

Meanwhile, Celeste walked over to the beeping Mutant Detector and stepped on it several times, smashing it until it no longer beeped. “Filthy thing.” She declared with palpable disgust.

Outside the studio, the screeching tires of a large halting vehicle could be heard, immediately followed by the mobilization of many armed individuals.

Mandee shook her hands, as if she were air drying them and spoke with an anxious tone. “There’s about a dozen of them, all armed.” She announced.

As if to confirm her claim, a directive was given from a loud speaker.

“Mutants, this is H.A.M.M.E.R. You are surrounded. Exit the building with your hands up. You have 30 seconds to comply.”

The voices of other patrons filled the halls as they rushed to exit the building, no doubt all were being scanned as they did so.

“Just a dozen?” Celeste echoed. “We can deal with them. Easy.” She said confidently.

“Well….there’s also a Sentinel inbound.” Mandee added, rolling her eyes in silent annoyance.

“You have 15 seconds!” The loud speaker announced, before it started to count down.

“So, uhm, what can you do Mr. Bellascort?” The girls asked in unison.

Tag: @The Jedi in the Pumas

Agent Liz Merrick
    The Shwarm

Sebastian was about to take a step to leave, when Liz’s comment stopped him in his tracks.

“Relax you?” He said, turning back, somewhat confused. “I seriously thought….”

He had been quite certain that Liz called on him to speak about housing needs for Agent Mary Formal, however, they were now working for H.A.M.M.E.R. which meant housing was not a problem. So why had he thought…….

“Nevermind.” He stated with evident resignation. What he really needed to do ,was get himself somewhere familiar where he could collect his thoughts. Preferably Undercity.

Upon turning to depart, Dr. Redstone would now find his path blocked.

[​IMG]

The man, or rather, Bounty Hunter, held a beeping device in his hand.

“Well, well, what have we here?” He would say, his mirth was conveyed clearly by the tone of his voice. “And no collar to boot. Tsk. tsk.”

Sebastian sighed in annoyance, taking a step back as the Bounty Hunter took one forward, stepping inside the eatery. Casually, he swept the Mutant Detector towards Liz, which also caused it to beep.

“Two of y’all. My lucky day.” The Bounty Hunter exclaimed, smoothly grabbing his Rifle and pointing it at the pair with his free hand.

“Care to explain, ’fore y’all get collared?”

Mary Formal & Nicole Gravely
    Sea-Tac, International Airport, Seattle

“Air Marshall?” The large man repeated, almost as if trying out the words for the first time. “Nah, I ain’t no Air Marshall, least not yet anyway.” He said, making certain to offer a broad smile at the end of his statement. His eyes lingered on Mary, who he sensed seemed somewhat interested or impressed by him.

["Come on, son. Leave them nice ladies alone. Our flight is ready to depart. Hurry it up.”]

The voice had proceeded from the large man’s earpiece. A series of soft sequential pings sounded from his high-tech watch, which caused him to frown in sudden disappointment.

“Well, I’s got to be leaving y’all lovely ladies. Pleasure talkin’ to ya. Do stay clear of them ‘inscets’ ‘cause they all need ‘xterminatin’.”

With that, he turned dutifully to return from whence he’d come. Further down from the retreating man, Mary would notice similarly attired men, taking up their duffle bags. This one hadn’t been alone.

Around them, the crowd was dissipating as the curious also dispersed, now that the show was over. A very pleasan airport wide announcement soon followed.

[The Malformed have been cleared from the runway and boarding procedures have resumed. Please follow all security guidelines and have a pleasant flight.]

And so, just as quickly as it had begun, the excitement was over. Such was the way of things.

Tag: @Sith-I-5

Larry, SGC & Tenzin
    Greenwich Village, Sanctum

The monk moved with incredible swiftness, getting to the door before Larry did.

“Don’t.” Tenzin commanded, his arms stretched to either side as he placed himself between Larry and the door. “I sense great danger surrounding those……things.”

For a moment, he simply stood there, waiting until he felt a sense of relief, until the roaring sound had gone away completely.

“Something terrible has happened, I can feel it.”

The monk began to pace and rub his hands together, as if he were washing them. It was a nervous tick that he displayed very infrequently. “I believe we need more information. I should contact an Elder….” He reasoned.

“We also need to know what is happening outside.”

There was a bit more pacing before sudden inspiration came to the monk.

“I could cast an illusion spell on you two to disguise you, it would last about an hour. Long enough for me to hear from an Elder.”

Tenzin placed his hands together, plaintively as he asked Larry and SGC:

“Would you agree to do this?”

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto, @Master Vo'Un'Var

The following players, please check your PM Box for Combos:

@Sinrebirth

@darthbernael

@Darth_Elu

@Ktala

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mary Formal, Nicole Gravely, Alaska Airlines' Departure Lounge

Mary frowned at the young man, narrowing her eyes as her gaze focussed on something beyond the top of his head, beyond the floor-to-ceiling window that had afforded her child some plane spotting earlier.

Well, those planes had gone, but what was clear outside, was one of those enclosed metal walkways extending out to where an angled rubberised concertina-effect ending, would seal over the fuselage hatch of a taxi-ing aircraft.

Movement

Blue cloth was flapping in the wind, which she instantly assumed to be the Stars and Stripes flag, as those things were everywhere, but then she realied that it was robe.
    Her attention travelled up the robes, to a MASSIVE bald head. Intense-looking eyes under furrowed hairless brows, glared back at her.

That's a massive drokki-

Air Marshall?” The large man repeated, snapping her attention back to him. It almost sounded as if he were trying out the words for the first time. “Nah, I ain’t no Air Marshall, least not yet anyway.” He said, making certain to offer a broad smile at the end of his statement.

She noted his gaze lingering on her. Well, of course, she was quite a looker. Unconsciously, she brushed some of her blonde locks behind her right ear, and smiled back at him.

A series of soft sequential pings sounded from his high-tech watch, which caused him to frown in sudden disappointment.

Well, I’s got to be leaving y’all lovely ladies.

"Oh, that's a shame." She responded, honestly.

Pleasure talkin’ to ya. Do stay clear of them ‘inscets’ ‘cause they all need ‘xterminatin’.

With that, he turned dutifully to return from whence he’d come. Beyond him, Mary could see similarly attired men, taking up their duffle bags.

Oh, you're a soldier. She thought, watching him rejoin his fellows. That realisation warmed her to him, which was perhaps unsurprising, considering that her last boyfriend had been Australian Special Air Service.

Peering towards them, she could not see any unit insignia to clue her into what service they were.

The Arcan thought about his friendly suggestion regarding the Malformed. Poor things. Someone ought to do something to help them.

She glanced again at bald figure that she had seen before, but he...it...was now gone.

Mary untwisted herself to face the front, and noticed the passengers dispersing from the monitor that had relayed the slaughter outside. She put an arm around Nikki and hugged her close for several moments, saying nothing.

"Mom?" The young woman questioned, accepting the embrace. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, Sweetheart. Everything's fine."

Mary rested her chin on Nikki's head. This girl was her entire world, and her first priority. Once she got her situated at Liz's, safe and secure, then, perhaps flying the flag for her fictional U.N.C.L.E., she would start looking into how she could help those unfortunates that H.A.M.M.E.R. hunted.

A very pleasant airport-wide announcement soon followed: [The Malformed have been cleared from the runway and boarding procedures have resumed. Please follow all security guidelines and have a pleasant flight.]

Mary released her child and rose from the chair. "C'mon, Honey. Put your phone away, and bring your Care Bear."

"Okay, Mom." Nikki leaned forewards and started to zip open her backpack, winding a cats cradle of earbud cable around her fingers, then stuffing it and her smartphone into Jennifer's pouch.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @greyjedi125

12. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Zara Chang
    Undercity, White Star HQ

[​IMG]

Zara felt uncomfortable in the confined space. 6-metres clearance would be a plenty tall gym to many, but she needed room to work at full effect. This would be a pinch. That is probably the point, she decided.

Maintaining a ready stance, she looked up at the agent towering over her. She balanced on the balls of her bare feet in her ultralight gymnast’s leotard. Anything even slightly heavier would interfere with her abilities.

He opened with a right hook and reverse leg sweep. She back-flipped twice to avoid and make space between them. She suspected he was taking it easy on her just to start with, perhaps conscious of damaging her.

Understandable. She appeared as a porcelain doll next to his muscular bulk. He could probably crush her spine with his bare hands.

But only if he can catch me.

He said, “I need to know I can count on you in a pinch.”

He wanted to see what she could do. Zara focused.

A leap forward at full weight provided the bounce impact, then she was suddenly as light as a speeding tennis ball as she propelled herself toward the ceiling. She flipped mid-air so that her feet faced up and she rebounded back down behind him, spinning along her axis to maintain trajectory, like an arrow.

She landed behind him, catlike into a crouch, at +1.5G to provide instant stability. Then she exploded into a rising full-length kick to his chest-height.

She expelled a verbal “Yaa!” to help concentrate the mental energy. The air visibly rippled around her foot with the gravity waves that she focused into the blow.

Zara held back, too. This was sparring, after all. And she did not want to make Agent Cross, cross. Nevertheless, the kick would be enough to flatten a heavyweight boxer...

13. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Blueline & Casey
    Zephyr's Hideout

[Triskelion was built in New York’s Harbor, on what is formerly known as Governor’s Island, located about 2 miles south-east of our location. The area is currently designated as restricted by H.A.M.M.ER. All ferry and aerial access have been discontinued. Would you like to see a map?] Doc said giving Blue everything he needed to know. He'd been around the this part of the city enough to know where he was going. 2 miles was nothing, he'd find a way across. The H.A.M.M.E.R restrictions were of little concern for the blue clad hero. Much like registration there were sometimes a hero needed to ignore the law to help others.

Casey shook her head seeing Blue still continue to plow ahead even as the enemy that would tear him to pieces looked him right in the face. She was tempted to try and talk him out of it again, but he had that look on his face, or his eyes. However a message appeared on the screen. Something from the White Star.

//Sender: W.S.; Encrypted MSSG: Greetings Psion. We are presently in need of a courier/escort team for an op in the Union SQ area. Is your team available? Expires: 04:58 min//

"Or we could do that? We still get to help someone." Casey said turning to Blue. "Those people need help now, we're close."

"We can still swing by Governor's Island afterwards." Blue was just done talking about this, if it got them out into the city he didn't care. "I still don't trust these White Star guys. But if someone needs help, we should help them." They were still going to head out to the Triskelion to see if they can save someone from those monsters…He wasn't going to give up on this.

It was the better choice, a safer choice but something in Blue felt like he was giving something up.

"Zephyr you coming?" Casey asked looking to the third member of their group.

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Zara Chang
    Undercity, White Star HQ

Well, it seemed the new recruit was more capable than he’d anticipated. Good.

Cross noted how the nimble agent did her best to use what space was available in the sparring room, as she avoided his attacks by performing two consecutive back flips, which took her closer to a wall, though well outside his reach. His front kick met nothing but air.

'Hmph. Not just a pretty face then'. He silently concluded.

These were hard times, which required focused and capable agents. The era of ‘snowflakes’ was long past, lives were on the line on a daily basis.

“You have quick reflexes.” He noted critically.

Cross supressed a smirk once he saw Zara leap towards him. ’Big mistake’.

He was ready to snatch her from the air once she leapt his way, but instead, she shot up towards the ceiling with dazzling speed. Despite being ready for ‘anything’, the move had caught him by surprise.

“What in…?”

A ‘thud’ sound from above, gave Zara away.

“Aha! Gotcha!”

Cross began a back-spinning lariat, fully intent on striking her with his arm as she descended, but again, he miscalculated the timing due to her speed. He missed her completely, now his eyes peered down at her crouched form, as his body kept turning. All the big man could manage to do, was bring up his left arm just in the nick of time to meet her empowered kick.

“Yaa!” Zara yelled, infusing her attack.

BAM!!!

The impact was stronger than a Jack-Hammer’s. Strong enough to lift the burly agent off the ground and see him land of his back two meters away- arm tingling and going numb for his trouble, but at least he was still conscious.

Cross grinned now, as he reached with his good arm for something hidden in the small of his back.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  15. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Zara Chang
    Undercity, White Star HQ

Zara returned to ready stance and exhaled. The strike had been good, the contact clean.

He was good enough to block it with an arm. She watched as he recovered and shrugged off the blow almost instantly, and hid her disappointment. She had half-expected that. Cross did not just look tough, he moved with the quiet professional confidence of a Special Forces veteran. She had tangled with a number of security men in her past life, and she could often tell apart the dangerous ones from the part-timers.

Then he grinned.

Uh oh. Her eyes flicked left and right, double-checking the dimensions of the room. No running away from this one. She mentally prepared. They had made their opening bows.

Now we really dance…

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Zara Chang
    Undercity, White Star HQ

In one smooth motion, Cross whipped-out his hand from behind him, pointed two fingers at Zara and shouted in a clear tone imitating a handgun being fired:

“Bang!”

He looked at her, grey eyes steady, studying, even as he sat-up and began vigorously rubbing his left arm to promote feeling and circulation with almost ‘medical’ detachment.

“You’re dead.” He stated. “Or are you?” A good question.

“Clean shot to the heart. What was your mistake?” He asked.

Secretly, he was half-impressed. His ploy only half-worked. He would mention it, but first he needed to hear from the rookie, because technically speaking, the test wasn’t over yet.

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Agent Liz Merrick, Agent Bryan Dale, inside 'The Shwarm', and across the road in a HAMMER Ford Explorer

Liz looked up at her ex-boss as he slipped out from their booth, and turned to leave, then froze mid-step, and turned back to regard her.

Relax you?” He said, somewhat confused. “I seriously thought….

"Boss?"

Nevermind.” He stated with evident resignation.

She was surprised that he tried to go out the front door, despite them both seeing the back of the armoured fellow, through their shared window.

Sebastian sighed in annoyance, taking a step back as the Bounty Hunter took one forward, stepping inside the eatery.

Well, well, what have we here?” He enquired, attracting the attentions of the waitress behind the counter, and the greasy guy in white, slicing thin strips of meat off the slowly-spinning block of glistening...meat(?), who in turn, paused and regarded the newcomer, waving the blade at him: "No droids. We don't serve your kind in here."

And no collar to boot. Tsk. tsk.

Liz sat in her seat, finger pressed into her earpiece, teeth showing and gritted so that she could communicate without it being obvious to an observer, gazed up at the unfortunate meeting, wondering what to do, whilst Bryan's voice was in her ear, wryly reassuring her that this didn't feel like a sting operation intended to round up unlicensed massage therapists.

"That's lucky." She whispered into her hidden microphone.

"How do you want to play this?" He asked, sounding worried now, having gotten the obligatory attempt at humour out of the way.

"Rigsby." The two agents had created an emergency code comprising the names of characters from an old television show, The Mentalist. 'Rigsby' referred to the personality of CBI (California Bureau of Investigation) agent, Wayne Rigsby, and was intended to instruct Bryan to 'stand by', wait to see how this played out.

"Copy." Bryan continued, "Oh, his downstairs neighbours, the Flaytohs, must hate him."

"Why?" Merrick queried as she eyed the intruder.

"Because the Flaytohs must think that they are living under a frikkin' AT-AT."

Liz desperately tried to hold the laughter in, trembling with the effort while she tried to compose herself enough to answer the Bounty Hunter's question before he lost patience. The effect was doubled by knowing that her boyfriend could see from outside, what effect he was having on her.

The walking tank swept the Mutant Detector towards her shuddering form, which also caused it to beep.

Two of y’all. My lucky day.” The Bounty Hunter exclaimed, smoothly grabbing his impressive-looking Rifle and raising it to aim it at both her and Seb with his free hand. Frankly it looked too heavy to be held in one hand, however he seemed to be coping well enough. Must have a-

"No blasters! No blasters!" The waitress went all 'Jazz Hands' and dove out of sight!

-strong wrist.

The Hunter was the first to break the ensuing silence: “Care to explain, ’fore y’all get collared?

"She doesn't like blasters?" The carver offered. Typical New Yorker, zero drokks given.

Eventually, the E-Branch agent was able to get a calming breath in, hold it, then straighten her posture and use her free hand to tap at the red hammer insignia dominating her chest. "H-hey, I'm with H.A.M.M.E.R." She laced her louder retort with confident and authoritative contempt. "We both are. So you wanna back off?"

18. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Zara Chang
    Undercity, White Star HQ

Zara stepped back and blinked. That was the last thing she had expected.

Cross said, “You’re dead. Or are you?”

Zara had been shot at a number of times before, but never hit. Though she could not literally dodge or outrun bullets, her abilities meant she could make herself a near-impossible target. That Serbian gangster on the San Francisco docks had unloaded an entire magazine from his AR-15 at her, and only succeeded in wrecking her beloved Suzuki 125.

However, in this confined space, at close range, against a highly trained gunman… she would not have liked her chances.

Then Cross said, “Clean shot to the heart. What was your mistake?”

Zara thought about it, but honestly did not know the answer. She was conscious this was a test, as important as demonstrating her physical abilities. She had a hunch. She stood at attention with her feet together, her hands clasped behind her back, her head bowed in apology, like a schoolgirl receiving a telling-off.

She said, “I hesitated. I did not follow up and finish you off while you were on your back.”

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  19. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Monin Bellascort/Ouroborus
    -Upper West Side

"What can I do?" Monin responded, his voice sounding as if two people were speaking.

And technically, there were two people speaking.

The Star Brand on his chest glowed bright through his shirt and energy began flowing through his body. He opened his mind, body, and spirit to the star brand. He was new to it, having only done it less than 10 times. But Monin was a quick learner and he knew what it felt like when he was accessing the power of the brand that was bestowed on him. The surge of energy rising from his forearms to his torso. The rush surging through the veins of his neck. His eyes twinkled before turning completely white and his meticulously chosen outfit changed as both of his palms touched his chest.

Monin was no more... He was the Ouro now.

[​IMG]

He clinched his fists. This would be the first time he could really let loose with his powers. Sentinels? Talk about a first real test.

He looked at the triplets. "Get to an exit. I'll try to distract them....And I'm sorry ladies...About not getting your big break today. Promise I'll make it up to you."

Ouro rose off his feet. Yes...Flight. He held a hand towards a wall and a beam of energy shot a hole through it. Ouro smiled and shot another one and flew through several walls until he made his way outside.

It was time for a Star to be born!

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    H.A.M.M.E.R. H.Q
    Washington, D.C.

Secure Hololink, Conference Room H

“What do you mean, you’ve lost track of him?”

Despite her tone-perfect and calmly delivered inquiry, there was something positively menacing in the manner in which Deputy Director Skadi Sarkissian delivered the question. Poised and disarmingly beautiful, her long black hair cascaded down her back, her scintillating green eyes glinted with interest. She stood before the screen, ever so still and attentive- one would almost think she could look into a man’s soul.

U.K's MI-13 Chief of Operations, Glenn B. Hayworth blinked several times before managing a response. The British man grew visibly flustered despite himself.

“With all due respect madame, our office did send a report prior to our meeting, detailing the events.”

“Is that your idea of a proper response?”

“Well, I mean no offense, but….”

“Perhaps you’d like a word with Prime Minister Von Bardas on the matter, yes?”

“Well, I don’t believe that would be at all necessary…..”

Mr. Hayworth inwardly cursed himself for sweating so profusely at a time like this. How positively embarrassing.

“You have three days to find Subject-50. According to your report, his last known trajectory placed him somewhere in South London. I strongly advise you employ all your top resources for this op. Otherwise, I will be left no choice but to take over and send in specialists to clean up your mess. Are we clear?”

“Crystal clear, madame. We shall double our efforts.”

“Wonderful. Good day, Mr. Hayworth.”

Skadi smiled thinly, just as the screen winked out.

Subject-50: Michael Knight
    Electric Avenue, London, U.K.

It was a cloudy day, mixed with some intermittent showers; a fact that did nothing to dissuade the hustle and bustle of the Brixton Market.The need for a semblance of normalcy weighed heavily on the citizenry and they would do their part to return to it. Shops were open for business and folks went about their business, buying, selling , haggling, making merry.

Police presence here was nothing compared to that of London proper, despite it not being that far away. Well, that depended if one travelled by vehicle or by foot.

At least here, Michael could blend with the locals. No one really gave him a second look, not in anyway outside of the ordinary, especially for someone his size. He’d successfully escaped MI-13 custody, but how long could he realistically avoid a manhunt? Besides, despite his tremendous endurance, the man still needed to eat and a place to stay.

Another cloud burst sent rain down into the market and the surrounding area, causing some patrons to disperse. That’s when Michael saw them.

It was true, that youngsters were often harsh on each other, but that did not excuse their behavior.

“C’mon, do it! What’re you waitin’ for!?”

In the middle of the rain and next to a draped vending booth, Michael would see three young teens, throwing various objects at a fourth, who cowered in a corner, hands raised to protect himself against the crude objects being flung at him. Unlike the other three, his skin was as pale as alabaster, as was his hair. His wet clothes made the contrast even more apparent.

“Leave me be!” He would protest.

“Do it! Do it! Do it!” The three would chant as they continued to toss objects at the lone boy, objects that grew heavier and more dangerous with each following assault.

Tag: @Master Vo'Un'Var

Ameteth, Kurisan, Sith-I-5 and 3 others like this.
  21. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Daken and his tagalong preteens, with @greyjedi125

Daken
    The Wilds

He could tell they were tired, the kids, just by their reaction time- not to mention hungry. They were beginning to slow down, but they were also survivors. They would not give up.

Having learned that the Claws were used to exterminate Malformed, it stood to reason that Daken would be just as proficient in that regard, if not more so.

Kieran looked to where his sister had pointed, then towards their benefactor.

“What do we call you?” He asked, trying to keep the tension from his voice.

“We should get going…right?”

Daken was still surveying the landscape as they questions were asked. ’Weird world now and I also now have 2 kids to lug around, going to make it harder to stay hidden.’ he thought, almost missing the entirety of the questions.

”Hmmm, oh I’m Daken, Wolverine 2.0. But yes, you’re right, getting out of here would be the smartest move.”

Sniffing the air his head turned northward, New York is the closest city I know of, as long as it isn’t as much a hellhole as this place. And perhaps we can,” he chuckled, ”requisition a car on the way.”

He continued to scan the landscape as he led the children toward the fenceline, what was left of it anyway.

Of course, Daken could smell them now, just like the 'Claws' could; The Malformed. They were about, ambling in the dark, responding to random input of stimulus. They had yet to detect the three of them. And so, the Son of Wolverine would be able to maneuver himself and his two smaller companions through the woods, through the 'wilds', avoiding Malformed detection, at least for now.

The smell and taste of oil and metal grew increasingly stronger as they came closer to where the Bounty Hunter had left his vehicle. The voice Daken had heard earlier was gone, but the stench of the Malformed did increase.

"Mr. Daken." Kieran called out from several paces behind him. He looked at Charlie who was frozen on the spot. The young girl refused to go any further. By the pale light of the moonlight, Daken would be able spy the vehicle, less than 50 meters away.

[​IMG]

The vehicle beckoned, as it would. Except for the fact that about a dozen or so Malformed ambled around it, milling aimlessly as they did when left undisturbed.

Daken’s nostrils flared at the scent of the Malformed before them. Turning his head from side to side he scanned the trees he saw a heavy copse that could hide the children for a short period. They needed that vehicle but needed the Malformed gone.

Whispering to the boy, ”Keep your sister hidden here and keep her quiet so you don’t get the attention of those creatures. I will attempt to get them drawn away.”

Kieran nodded and put-on a determined face, as he understood what was being asked of him. Both children did as they were bid by Daken and remained as quiet and still as they were able. Doing so had become a daily routine for them.

The boy turned to reassure his sister and failed to notice as Daken silently departed their presence. They had no idea what he would do, or how long it would take. All they could do was simply wait and watch for danger.

With that he disappeared out of the copse, running swiftly but silently back toward the area where the Claws had attacked the children’s family and friends. Part of why he’d hidden the kids was because, oddly, he didn’t want them to see him use their families as bait for the Malformed. When he reached the area he quickly scooped up several of the corpses and bits of corpse and looped back toward the vehicle.

Staying away from the children he then made a lot of noise, rustling the bushes and all the activity a person would if they were struggling through the trees. As he sensed the Malformed beginning to turn his direction he dropped the first of the corpses, letting fluids from the bodies trail on the ground. He silently ran a further distance away and repeated the process. Four times he did, intent on drawing the Malformed well away from the vehicle so that he and the children could board it and get moving before they were set upon.

An expert hunter and mercenary like the Son of Wolverine was no stranger to solving the issue before him. It didn’t take long for Daken’s ploy to work as the Malformed in the surrounding area were drawn to his deliberate movements and carefully planned baits. Daken would notice them interact with the corpses and then become agitated and confused, some began to attack others in their own ‘herd’. Sensing the commotion, the Malformed milling about the Bounty Hunter’s vehicle would move, drawn by the commotion some distance away.

He looped around again and hissed ”It’s Daken.” before sliding back into the copse of trees. ”Once there is enough distance we can board that vehicle so be ready.”

The kids almost jumped out of their own skin when Daken returned, he’d been so quiet. Thankfully, they didn’t yelp aloud, but immediately made sour faces and covered their noses with their hands. He had a fierce stench of death about him, but they were not going to complain.

The path to the vehicle was now clear, at least for the moment. It beckoned to them.

No doubt Daken had a few ideas on how to get inside what was likely to be a secure vehicle.

Daken approached the vehicle, senses questing to be sure that the Malformed were well enough out of the way. When he got to the driver’s side door, he looked it over, seeing what appeared to be a thumbprint sensor. A small smile crossed his face. Stepping back to the dirt on the side of the road he took a handful of the dry dust and reached into the belt around his waist, glad he carried a small roll of tape with him.

He lifted the dust and drew his head level with the sensor. Blowing gently he let the dust coat the sensor and then covered it with the tape, just as gently. He sheathed the claws on his right hand and took off his glove. Pressing lightly, just hard enough for his body warmth to be recognized, he hoped the little trick worked.

Several seconds passed and he held his breath as another second passed before the locks sprung open. Lifting the tape and the now attached thumbprint, he put his glove back on and opened the door. Sure enough there was a second thumbprint sensor as a starter, instead of a key ignition.

He turned back to the wooded area, hissing in a carrying voice, ”Hurry, get in before those things get back.”

Doing the same he placed the thumbprint he’d lifted against the second sensor and did the same trick as he had with the door. In a few moments the truck roared to life and he was ready to drive them out of the area.

Kieran and Charlize quickly ran up to the truck and hopped inside. They even smiled at Daken, if just a little. Within moments, as he started the vehicle, the fearsome mutant would hear the kids exclaiming happily as the sound of opening wrappers came to his ears. The faint aroma that now floated about would also confirm it. Food bars. The good kind at that. There was a pack left in the back seat.

The Bounty Hunter's Vehicle onboard computer would come on, the GPS would have no trouble marking whatever destination he wished, or informing him of places where its owner had been before, along with other pertinent information. But for now, it was time to simply drive away from this place. They'd earned this moment of calm; a modicum of peace in this time of trouble.

Ameteth, Ktala, Sith-I-5 and 2 others like this.
  22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Shelly VanKasser
    Alhambra, Arizona

Lunchtime was good time spent together among friends. Shelly would find out that the younger community was more readily accepting of mutants that their older members. Besides, the actual population of registered mutants in Alhambra was pretty low, compared against other places.

Most of the conversation had were in regards to everyday life, relationships and entertainment. This time around, talk of hardships were kept to a minimum.

As things wound down, everyone was getting ready to depart.

“We should continue doing this every week.” Fatima happily put in.

“I second that.” Big Mike said, wasting no time with his expected approval. Everyone laughed, basically agreeing with him.
    ---
    Shelly gave a smile, nodding. "Sounds like fun," she stated. But while she smiled, she was thinking more about if she should go back to Mrs. Wesley. With things changed, she would have to decide on her options. If nothing else, she could at least send text, and find out if things had changed there as well. But she smiled, looking at everyone having fun. But Shelly was glad that Marla seemed to be the same. But she dared not let her know of her true abilities. That could change their friendship in a heartbeat. It would be hard to determine friends from foe. She took a shot with Tony, but it was a necessary risk. So many questions. But now was not the time to think about it. Now she needed to maintain her cover.

Shelly raised her glass, taking a big slurp outta it, as she nodded towards Tony and Colins. Shelly was not really looking forward to the ride home, and she hoped that there were no more checkpoints out there. She would definitely be on the net, once she got in, looking up stuff. Shelly listened to the others chat, picking up on any key bits of information that could be useful. She also sent a text to Mrs. Wesley, checking to see if everything was alright. She texted her about her book hunt and enquired if she needed anything.
    --
    Upon looking at her messages, Shelly would notice a message from Mrs. Wesley which was two weeks old. Whether she’d read it before or not, was not something she would remember clearly.

As she read it, again or for the first time, she would hear Mrs. Wesley’s calm and gentle voice in her mind.

Dear Shelly,

I hope you are keeping well. Something unexpected happened. I got a message while out on my trip. Eddie isn’t dead. He’s alive! He’s currently being detained in New York. I’m on my way to help him get out of that awful place. They’re probably not feeding him as you can imagine. Well, I’m not sure how long it’s going to take, but thankfully the kitchen is well stocked. Keep safe my dear, I will contact you as soon as I’m able.

Missing our chats already. LOL.

Best,

Katheryn Wesley

P.S. I got the Book. :)

----
    Shelly read the message two more times, as she allowed its contents to sink in. She looked up, rather confused, but kind of relieved. She had a place to stay, at least for a little while. She was sure if she would have remembered if Mrs. Wesley had gone. And Eddie? She gave a tiny smile. That would leave her some time a bit longer to stay at least. Anything after that, she could handle. Things would be changing it seemed. She would just have to adapt until she could find out what they could do.

"Oh well, it looks like I have some time off for myself now. Guess, I'm gonna work on some writing. Shelly laughed softly and looked back over at Marla. "Can you give me a ride back? I would understand if you cant." Shelly asked, with a happy smile. She needed to come up with a plan. If what Tony said was right, they would forget the real-life if this lasted too long. Shelly wondered if because her attachment to the dark is what kept her grounded. Shelly cleared behind any other unread messages, just to make sure she would not miss any other information while she tried to figure this all out.

"Shelly, Of course, I can drive you home," Marla responded with a caring smile.

"Whenever you're ready, just say the word."

A moment of peace in a stormy world. That is all anyone could ask for.

Shelly gave Marla a welcoming smile. It could have been much worse. Still, Shelly recognized these new dangers. She would have to be able to carefully choose who she trusted. It seemed like in this new life, Marla was still someone she could trust. She was not so sure of the others. So she would have to be on guard. And then there was Tony and Colins.

Tony saved her life. And both Tony and Colins knew that she was a beta 'before', somehow, she suspected. So she knew she would trust them. But she worried about Tony. Hopefully, they would find a way to fix things before he forgot everything. And Shelly might have to check to see if things hidden in the shadows had changed as well. But whatever she did, she would be sure to do it far from the house. No way, she was going to bring any trouble to Mrs. Wesley.

Shelly smiled, tuning back into what Marla and the others would doing. She would leave when everyone else did. Enjoy the now was truer now than ever.

TAG: @greyjedi123

23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: SGC
    Greenwich Village, Sanctum

The monk moved with incredible swiftness, getting to the door before Larry did. SGC was somewhat stupified by what he should do in such a situation. Hadn't they let the man leave when he had wanted to before and then given him the choice to return? Now he was wanting to go again. . . so . . .were they not obligated to again let him decide his own fate?

“Don’t.” Tenzin commanded, his arms stretched to either side as he placed himself between Larry and the door. “I sense great danger surrounding those……things.”

For a moment, he simply stood there, waiting until he felt a sense of relief, until the roaring sound had gone away completely.

“Something terrible has happened, I can feel it.”

The monk began to pace and rub his hands together, as if he were washing them. It was a nervous tick that he displayed very infrequently. “I believe we need more information. I should contact an Elder….” He reasoned.

“We also need to know what is happening outside.”

There was a bit more pacing before sudden inspiration came to the monk. Or at least was what SGC was hoping he was seeing as he was wondering if truly hiding here was such a good idea anymore.

“I could cast an illusion spell on you two to disguise you, it would last about an hour. Long enough for me to hear from an Elder.”

Tenzin placed his hands together, plaintively as he asked Larry and SGC:

“Would you agree to do this?”

"Of course." SGC immediately responded. He was curious what he would look like, for all he knew the spell might make him look like a man, woman, child, or elder. The only certainty was for about an hour he would appear human to everyone else and he would be able to see and be seen without hooded veil shading his own perceptions as they moved about the city. "Shall I put my robe back on before the spell, just in case it fades before we can return? Or shall we carry sling rings?" he asked in passing curiosity. Truly this was a unique and new experience, not one he wholly wanted, but he still remembered seeing the monks fight the undead horde and part of him was curious how far this emergency trip might take them.

Tag: @greyjedi125 , @Master Vo'Un'Var

24. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Combo Madness between myself and the mighty GM, greyjedi125!

Gemini & Quake IC:
    ~Triskelion, New York City~

Daisy went on to explain what she had sensed. Someone coming into the building proper, fifteen floors below. She surmised by the gait of their footfalls that this person was possibly injured and in a hurry, and very likely fleeing the four pursuers she’d also sensed closing in.

Turning to Cameron she looked at him, expectantly. In her mind, a realization that they had come here on a secret retrieval mission filled her mind, though she could not be certain if that had been always there.

Cameron nodded, in full agreement with Daisy, immediately after activating his wrist device. If all went well, it would be there soon. Under three minutes or so. Well, if nothing was different. If nothing else had changed. Even then, his mind almost wanted to start accepting what was around him, but he resisted the best he could. He remembered his training, his past experiences (especially during the Skrull Invasion), he had become quick to notice mental tampering. At least one some level. Still, whatever this was, it was powerful. And it was constantly tugging at the recesses of mind.

"Damn right, we're going to find out."

As the deputy director of SHIELD, now evident member of White Star, waited for the results of his activation, he underwent a more personal one. A mindset. Cameron Giles took a step back while his partner relayed some urgent findings via her abilities.

His eyes gazed at her, intently listening to her little report, while he began to assume a stance with his arms out. Almost as if he wanted a hug. The one before her now was fully prepared for his hopefully-coming equipment.

In this moment, it was Gemini who mentally stepped forward.

"Then we better get a move on."

With a nod and a knowing look, Daisy stepped back. She shot a brief and small smile at Cameron, then turned to ‘look’ at the situation below.

It was unlikely that the person being pursued had three minutes. Perhaps there was something she could do from up here. With that thought, inspiration followed. The White Star Director closed her eyes as she focused on the scene unfolding below, while hoping Cameron would be ready in the minimum amount of time.

Hidden deep in a ‘silo’ within the abandoned structure of Triskelion, metal doors shuddered as emergency power kicked in. Dust and detritus came loose as the iris valve opened high above, and locking mechanisms released. Lights flickered as power was re-routed and a systems diagnostic ran their course in seconds.

[Systems engaged. Pilot activation: ID positive. Gemini; Giles, Cameron.]

The sudden spike in power could not be helped as the arc reactor it contained initialized, immediately making it fully operational. In a heartbeat, its propulsion systems fired, and with a roar, it shot upwards clearing the full length of the silo ins seconds, exiting into the air at blinding speeds. The onboard computer triangulated Cameron’s location, and calculated the quickest and fastest way to reach the Deputy Director. Cameron had declared his need to be an ‘emergency’ after all.

A short burst of acceleration to achieve subsonic speed, brought it to the deputy director within a minute. The moment it was right outside the 15th floor window, it automatically separated into parts, which reformed around the waiting man.

In record time, Cameron Giles became more than met the eye.

[​IMG]

He became a War Machine.

He wasn't just Gemini at this moment either, he was an Armored Gemini. This was 'the suit.' The one that only came out when it got bad. Really bad.

As soon as the visor snapped shut over his face and the HUD came online, he noticed Daisy using her impressive abilities to vibrate a ceiling plate loose, all those floors below, causing it to falls between the hunters and the hunted. Just to buy a little extra time.

It was all he needed.

"Time to go," a pause as he moved over to scoop up his (Current? Former? Everything was all different suddenly) Director, "Princess."

It was sure to amuse her, but only for the fraction of a second before they returned to their current predicament.

The war machine that he now was moved to hold her, princess-style of course, while he glanced down at the floor and let his suit's computer show him the reconstructed silhouettes moving fifteen floors below them.

"Jarvis, run calculations of how long before they reach their target. And give me times on how to reach their quickly."

"Certainly, Gemini," the pleasant male voice returned before doing just as instructed. The data it gave him told him to go with his second immediate idea, Plan B.

With a roar of his feet jets, he was off and flying straight for the windows of the front of the building.

"Hold on tight!"

And then they were through with a shatter of what windows remained and rocketing straight down, passing around and under any struts and girders sticking out at odd angles of the now ruined Triskelion. A mystery he intended to solve at another date in the near future.

Once at the front doors, he effortlessly turned in mid-flight to shoot through them and down the hall right behind the pursuers. Once at the optimal point, he would do as necessary. He also knew with all their years together, that Daisy would instinctively know how to react as well.

Whatever he would first say or do all depended now on what sight greeted him.

Daisy felt the ceiling plate ‘clang’ between the fugitive and his four pursuers, successfully dividing them, if only for a moment. If she guessed correctly, the four pursuers would only be slowed momentarily, seeing how they could probably slice their way through.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see and hear Cameron become one with ‘the suit’. Internally, she sighed, glad that the recovery op had gone well enough, except that the suit’s activation was likely to draw some unwanted attention attention; arc reactor and all. S.H.I.E.L.D had been overly vigilant when it came to unidentified energy spikes. Daisy was willing to bet H.A.M.M.E.R. would be absolutely paranoid about such things.

‘Princess?’

Daisy scoffed playfully and gave the Deputy Director a dubious look, but did not prevent him from scooping her up. She was far from 'a defenseless cartoon Princess in need of rescue', but also knew full well he merely teased her as a means of diffusing the tension they were both feeling.

In typical Daisy fashion, she raised an eyebrow the moment Cameron initiated flight. In a quick and smooth motion, her hand faced the window, which she instantly obliterated with her power.

“Really?” She commented with a bit of incredulous amusement, play-acting as it were. Had Cameron conveniently forgotten that the suit only protected the pilot? cue eye roll. To her credit, the 'Princess- Passenger' made no sound as Armored Gemini ( he preferred that name anyway ) accelerated out the 15th floor window and began its rapid descent.

Director and Deputy Director moved as one, focused and ready for whatever came next. The two shared history in the field of combat, more than enough to know how they would act and react in any given situation.

Armored Gemini flew in through the missing front doors of Triskelion proper, his jets immediately announcing his presence. The ceiling plate Daisy had dropped to the ground was enormous, as she knew it would be. Already alerted, three of the Claws had turned to face the incoming ‘war machine’, their own claws already extended. The fourth was almost through the barrier.

Without a second though, Daisy launched herself from Gemini, using his momentum to grant her a linear trajectory as she herself flew forward. Two of the Claws made ready to pounce on her while the third began to rebound off a wall to leap on the Armored Gemini. Daisy crossed her arms, then separated them in a flash of motion. She exerted a broad vibrational blast that obliterated the ceiling plate and caused a tremendous shockwave.

She flew past the Claws that meant to intercept her, as they were blasted aside, and tried to regain their balance. Whatever injuries they’d sustained, if any, would not slow them down for long. The focus here was not to engage them, but to save whomever they were hunting. She did not wish to leave Cameron to fend-off these ‘weapons’ on his own, but it could not be helped. Daisy bit down on her jaw as she stayed on mission. There were two figures ahead of her now. One, a possible ally, the other, a confirmed foe.

And just like that, combat was engaged. It happens that quickly sometimes. One moment calm or at least a quiet uncertainty, and the next you're in the middle of a firestorm. Magicked out of thin air almost. That's how it occasionally felt. Despite this, one just had to remember one thing.

Stay on target.

Daisy took care of the first two and the ceiling tile she had dropped previously, if momentarily, and continued her flight ahead. Jarvis calculated all the timings, distances, and prime target points he could hit depending on unfolding scenarios. Jarvis was quick enough for this as he was a machine. While he felt like one in the suit, Gemini was not. He gathered the data as quickly as he could, then paired it with his battle instinct, and acted fluidly. Hesitation meant death.

The third 'Claw,' all of whom looked way too eerily like Wolverine but with a cyclopean helmet he noted immediately, was rebounding off the wall and hoping to arc toward his back.

He knew how to act, but man was this going to be close. These guys had good instincts and speed too it would seem.

Gemini just lifted his left hand, palm out, toward him swiftly. Hand repulsor to the mid section, keep him knocked down. Should hurt a bit too, he'd imagine. Right plasma cannon immediately aimed at the already recovering (there's that healing factor as well clearly) Claw to his right that Daisy had knocked down. All this in the span of a second to second and a half.

Quake was on collision course with Claw #4 and he needed to make her job easier for the rescue op they were now undergoing. Left arm was up and its own plasma cannon took a nigh-instantly calculated shot at the one in her way. Knock him down so she. could pass unscathed to the target, then proceed from there. One less thing she had to think about, just get straight to the saving.

As he did this, simultaneously his chain gun swiveled around to face the second Claw that had been quaked and was recovering. Some rapid fire to keep him busy at the least. And the very first one was probably already charging in from--

"Gemini, incoming," Jarvis intoned with a sense of alarm.

These guys are even faster than I thought!

He held his right arm now pointed down quickly, almost as if trying to be sneaky, and opened up his hand to fire off his right repulsor to hopefully knock the foe backwards forcefully again.

But did any of that really work well or in time?

This is going to be really close.

Daisy remained focused and didn’t even look back as she heard Gemini go into action, repulsor blasts firing, followed by the rapid staccato of the chain gun. She trusted him implicitly to cover her back, especially now that he was inside his armor. So much so, that she didn’t even spare a glance as the Claw closest to her was hit and careened to one side.

Part of her wished to see Gemini in action, but she’d just have to settle for a VR recreation of the scene. A pity that.

In an instant, she caught up with the fugitive; Daisy vaulted with a half twist and landed right before the individual, facing them as she skidded backwards and slowed to a halt. The runner or hobbler, she noticed, was a girl.

“No! Leave me alone!!”

Wide eyes filled with terror met Daisy’s. The girl stumbled and pitched forward as she tried to suddenly stop herself, but her legs would no longer support her tired body. Daisy rushed in and caught her carefully, immediately noticing her short boyish haircut and features. The girl couldn’t be more than 18 years old. She wore some kind of protective coverall, but her left calf had been gashed by something jagged from the looks of it.

“We’re here to help you, we are friends. We won’t hurt you.” Daisy intoned as calmly as she could, holding the girl’s gaze in an attempt to fully convey a sense of trust and allegiance. There was a brief pause; then, with swift practiced grace, the Director’s hand went up in a blink and her power released. Quake hit the staggered Claw with tremendous force, enough to give his healing factor reason to recuperate for several moments.

[What are you two still doing there!!?? Extract NOW! Inbound Sentinel, E.T.A. under 3 minutes!]

The now familiar voice buzzed in her earpiece.

Daisy pressed her lips, knowing Cameron had heard the message as well.

“Blast it all.”

“I’m really sorry….” The girl whimpered, still scared, but having recovered some of her wits.

“For what?” Daisy asked, taking the bait, immediately ready for any surprises.

The girl’s hand twisted something around her waist and in a blink, she shrunk out of sight.

“Wha….” Daisy opened her mouth, then instantly shut it. She hadn’t expected that.

'Pym-freaking-particles....seriously!?

There wasn’t time to feel, question or understand.

Immediately, Daisy rose to her feet and adopted a ready stance. The Claw snarled, as he was almost recovered, which meant he was more than ready to finish their ‘talk’. But that would have to wait. Now more than ever, they really needed to ‘get outta dodge’.

A couple more blasts to keep the two on the side remaining down and he was able to almost nonchalantly hold his place for a few moments. In this case, that's all he needed to do for the objective they had decided on. It wasn't to win. To neutralize or even capture. It was just to keep them busy so another could be recovered. One way to keep them busy was to just keep blasting them continually. A good method, provided the rescue itself didn't take long.

It would have veered into very bad territory had Gemini been facing any other direction right then. As it was, he was watching when suddenly the girl that Quake was talking to, just shrunk out of view. Ant-Man style. Pym Particles.

Not expected. Not at all. But that was combat too. What was expected was that everything would quickly be unexpected. Chaos reigned supreme at the field level. As such, he acted instinctively.

"Jarvis..."

"Already switching to Pym Particle sensors, Gemini."

And so the computer had. Cameron loved this suit. This versatility lend itself to so many variations of what he could do and it was showing now. His role had just changed. Just like that, in an instant. Especially given the sudden intel about an incoming Sentinel. Just what they needed to deal with. Gemini knew he hadn't missed those things, wasn't looking forward to an eventual reunion. Might as well delay it if possible.

Back to the present:

Two more blasts, done simultaneously at the two on the sides (who were surely becoming very annoyed, but that wasn't his problem); and then he lifted his legs up so he was horizontal in the air. A blast of increased input to the jets right as the rear Claw was attempting to charge again and he would be down for a good bit, at the same time Gemini was propelled forward at high speed to the Claw attempting to go after Daisy a third time.

He shouldn't have turned his back on him.

Coming past his right side, Gemini had the armor's laser blade activated and slashing past for a grievous wound to stagger the snarling figure, at which point he lowered his legs to slide and pivot to a quick stop (all coordinated for maximum efficiency due to Jarvis' assistance) and having grabbed the Claw's right arm in the maneuver with his free hand, helped him to then proceed to pick up the enemy and throw him with every ounce of his available strength at the next foe who was in range to be the next greatest threat.

"Quake," he stated professionally through the armor right as his hands were letting go of his most recent projectile, "Switch."

Now it was time to note the girl's direction and velocity. Thanks to the sensors he had already a bead on her location. With the tech at his disposal, it was now more efficient for him to become the recovery specialist and Daisy, the guard.

As she trusted him explicitly, this too was returned in kind. If anyone really knew what the woman was capable of...well, they'd have to be insane or the greatest fool imaginable to want to fight.

Tag: Gemini, Quake, Girl, & Claws @greyjedi125

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Agent Liz Merrick
    The Shwarm, NYC

They could not see the Bounty Hunter’s facial expression, which was hidden inside his helmet, but at the mention of HA.M.M.E.R, he quickly lowered his weapon, pointed it towards the ground, then seemed to hesitate.

He regarded Liz and her ‘impossible to miss’ insignia emblazoned on her chest, not unlike the one he wore: A black wolf-head inside a red circle. The man standing in front of him did not have an insignia he could see, but he didn’t need to. Besides, he definitely looked official.

“H.A.M.M.E.R…..huh.”

Dr. Redstone folded his arms over his chest, and puffed up just so, as he leveled the ‘Are you really going to do this’ look at the armored man.

Two confirmed metas. Bounty Hunters had no contractual power on government sanctioned metas, and were advise not to interfere in their affairs. Truth was, he couldn’t even ask them for a book of matches, much less ask for I.D.

“Mah apologies, just doing mah job.” The Bounty Hunter offered, then moved out of Sebastian’s way. Had Dr. Redstone been a different man, he would have leveled some choice words, but he wasn’t that kind of person. Sebastian nodded curtly, but kept his expression unreadable and simply uttered a simple ‘Good day’ before moving past.

“Likewise.” Was the Bounty Hunter’s response. After Dr.Redstone exited without incident, he briefly turned to Liz.

“As you were ma’m.”

With that, he slung over his weapon, put away his detector and moved to the serving counter.

“Coffee to go, Black. No sugar. No bag.”

Liz’s partial bluff had worked like a proverbial charm. Of course, there was no telling if the Bounty Hunter was running their likenesses via unofficial channels, but that always took more time to yield results. It remained to be seen whether he was wise or foolish enough to invite unnecessary trouble.

As for Liz herself, she was now receiving an official communication in her earpiece from H.A.M.M.E.R. H.Q.

[Agent Formal. We have confirmed Mutant activity in your area. Response teams have been mobilized, please standby for further instructions on deployment.]

The voice had been officious and impersonal, no different from any prior communication. Just as official, were her chances of being involved in a high risk situation, which H.A.M.M.E.R ops were notorious for.

Tag: @Sith-I-5

Zara Chang
    Undercity, White Star H.Q.

Agent Cross rose to his feet and dusted himself as he listened to Zara offer her reasoning. He gave her a solid affirmative nod in return.

“In our line of work, you hesitate and you die. Control the encounter, if you lose control, have an alternate plan already at play.”

The muscular man rolled his shoulders and adopted a stance perfectly mirroring Zara’s posture.

“So which scenario is at play here?” The agent's grey lupine eyes focused on Zero G.

“Have you been shot because of your hesitation, therefore ending the encounter, or have you inadvertently allowed your opponent to simply play with your perceptions, wresting control in the process?”

Agent Cross held his ground, pausing as he allowed the new agent to consider the situational puzzle he’d posited.

The moment stretched, as if allowing Zara to mull over the conundrum. She could very well give her answer in the moment. Still, an interruption was inevitable.

[Agent Cross and Agent Chang; please prepare for imminent assignment. You’ll receive and update from logistics shortly.]

Cross gave Zara a curt nod, then swiftly moved to his duffle bag and took out a hand held comm.

“Hmmmm.” He mused, but did not elaborate. Without looking to Zara, he addressed her in a matter-of-fact tone.

“I neglected to mention, you’ll need to wear regulation uniform.”

It was, as they said, that simple.

Monin Bellascourt/The Ouro
    Upper West Side

It was a magnificent sight, beholding a mere man become much more than he seemed before one’s very eyes. There was that inexplicable ionization in the air, and the glow of coruscating power as it surged. The triplets could also feel as his mind somehow seemed to expand.

However, there was no chance for introductions as events begun to develop rapidly.

“TIME IS UP!!”

Monin went into action, as he shot bolts of energy which easily blasted sizable holes through several walls of the prestigious rehearsal space; then in a blink, he flew out of the room and into the streets. Well, that impressive display just turned into a costly repair, without a doubt.

As if on cue, the triplets could hear the loud fusillade of automatic weapons fire that followed. It was an easy guess that the agents were now shooting at Monin. Of course, they could not allow him to get hurt on their behalf.

Their new ally had instructed them to get to an exit, but the girls already knew there were H.A.M.M.E.R soldiers covering at that location.

Celeste, Phoebe, and Mandee nodded at each other in unanimous agreement.

“Come with us.” Phoebe said to Eliza, as her two sister began to move, hands held out before them. She then pointed at Chuck. “Leave him.” She did pause and waited for Eliza to make a choice.

Outside

Monin, or rather, The Ouros, flew through a whole he had created in the building’s facade and was immediately greeted by Automatic Rifle fire from eight of the twelve HAMMER soldiers. They moved to strategic positions as they continued their barrage from around their Armored vehicle and the street, fully intent on taking him down at once.

The fusillade only lasted a moment, for suddenly, the soldiers began screaming in pain, their hands coming up to hold onto their heads in a futile attempt to stop the mental assault they were under.

Monin’s inherited powers would inform him of the cause: The Stepford Triplets. Not only that, but he would also sense Eliza and Chuck still inside the rehearsal space. More importantly, in a span of a moment, the approaching Sentinel would become his very own and personal problem.

Tag: @The Jedi in the Pumas

Blueline, Casey & Zephyr
    The Mission

White Star Logistics Department was pleased to receive confirmation that Team Psion had accepted the Courier/Escort Assignment located in Union Square. The ‘Classified’ package was of ‘High Importance’ and needed to be moved as quickly as possible, and they were the closest allies in the area which met the minimum acceptable criteria for the op. In other words, White Star didn’t have much of a choice.

Still, the Team of Three was chosen because they had built a reliable reputation over time.

[Assignment: Proceed to the Union Square Free Market and find the ‘Refurbished Goods Vendor’ on the West side of the market. Inform the vendor you are there for Mr.Howling’s pick-up. In conversation, you will be asked; ‘Stop me if you heard this before’. Your first response should be ’Stop’. Their counter should be, ‘Why?’, ‘This I have heard.’ Is your confirmation. ‘Clever as ever’, is theirs, at which point the package should be made available to you along with instructions for completion. Avoid H.A.M.M.E.R. at all costs.]

Doc would make sure that their Hideout remained hidden and secure in addition to feeding them intelligence while they were on the field.

The team's first challenge would be to reach the Union Square area without incident.

Aside from HAMMER soldiers, random check points, Bounty Hunters and the occasional Claw Patrol, it was the random overly paranoid, mutant-detector-wielding citizen that potentially proved to be the most problematic.

Tag: @Ameteth ,@galactic-vagabond422 & GM *( Three person combo? )

Daken
    On the Road

The children were now fast asleep, leaning comfortably atop one another as he drove, their bellies filled with Food bars and water they had found. The temporary silence was likely welcoming as the reality of his new situation set in.

The moon above seemed to follow him with interest as she peered her pearlescent gaze through breaks between the shadowed trees. Daken would notice the insignia on the vehicles dashboard, the one that look like the head of a black wolf inside a red circle, not unlike a blood red moon.

The roads in The Wilds were not at all maintained and suffered from disrepair -and for good reason. Thankfully a four-wheel-drive vehicle made traversing such terrain seem easy.

At the current rate of travel, it wouldn’t be too long before he reached the connecting tunnel to New York City, but that was guaranteed to have a well guarded H.A.M.M.E.R checkpoint, all things considered. That could prove somewhat problematic. Of course, a more immediate concern also surfaced.

Inside the windshield a HUD was displayed, informing him that a message had been sent.

[From: Feral101/How did it go out there? Did you get all those collars, or did some get away again? LOL / ]

The message blinked several times, as if expecting a response.

Yet still, quiet and calm reigned, for as long as he would let it.

And in that quiet moment, Daken’s keen eyes would see, illuminated by moonlight, two H.A.M.M.E.R. billboards. One that read: LOOKING FOR A FEW GOOD METAS, and the other: LOOKING FOR A FEW GOOD SOLDIERS.

On them, two very familiar figures would stand out.

That being, Moonstone and Taskmaster, respectively.

Tag: @darthbernael

SGC
    Mystic Masters Sanctum, NYC

“Thank you.” Tenzin said with an unnecessarily officious bow. He seemed shaken, but able to manage.

“Yes, please take your robe with you- both of you.” The monk added, answering SGC’s judicious concern. The Noble One, as some had called him back at the Wundagor Citadel, was always able to view situations in ways others could not. A fact that never ceased to cause wonder in those around him.

“I must apologies, as I have not trained you in spatial travel or the use of a Sling Ring. That's an oversight I will soon correct.”

Tenzin looked over at their guest, Larry. The troubled man with the wings. The monk had a powerful inkling that he was no longer alone in his troubles. However, since the winged metahuman had not openly objected, Tenzin would include him in his plan.

The monk instructed his pupil and his guest to stand apart at arm’s length.

“Relax yourselves and relax your mind. Visualize the person you wish to be seen as, imagine it as completely as possible: their height, weight, eye color, voice, hair length and color, disposition, gender, presence, all the nuances you can possibly bring forth….”

Tenzin began a soft melodious hum as his hands weaved patterns in the air, faint glows of luminescence trailing his motions.

“‘AkAra Navin VarPas’”

Both SGC and Larry were engulfed in a shimmering light, which sought to coalesce into the image of the being they now imagined themselves to be.

Once that was successfully accomplished, Tenzin would focus on the business of contacting an Elder of the order, to find out what exactly had occurred.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto, @Master Vo'Un'Var

Gemini & Quake
    Triskelion, New York City

Daisy reacted as soon as Cameron had said ‘Switch’. Her reaction had been -instant.

The former S.H.I.E.L.D. Director took a quick running leap into the air and with a well placed burst of her powers, streaked through the air to take Gemini’s place. Even as she landed, Quake released a cone of power that rattled the immediate area all around, which focused on the Claws.

She knew how much of her power Triskelion could take, she had seen the specs. But that was on a good day, not so much in a dilapidated state as it was now. In that case, she would have to be somewhat careful. It wouldn’t do to bring down the entire structure down on their heads while they were still beneath it.

As for Gemini, the suit’s sensors and Enhanced VR imaging showed him the location of the miniaturized girl. She had been headed towards a crack on the floor, but now she was thrown off-balance by the powerful quakes.

The Claws growled furiously in their feral frustration, which approached a berserker state. They were nearing a frenzied rage as the damage the took increased and their rage found no satisfying release. Daisy remained focused in her task as she continued to release her powers, but also realized that the danger was redlining for everyone involved.

To add to matters, her mental clock was warning her that they had just over a minute left if they were going to escape at all and avoid tangling with a Sentinel.

“Whatever you’re doing, DO IT NOW!!”

She managed to yell across the din of their encounter, her mind successfully holding back unsolicited flashback of their time in Eritrea.

Tag: @Darth_Elu *(Combo)

Shelly VanKasser
    Alhambra, Arizona

Like all things, the get-together wound down and everyone said their pleasant good-byes. Big Mike hadn’t acquired the waitress’ contact information, but that did not dampen his spirits. She’d been nice and he respectful about it. Besides, the entire group had liked her and agreed to leave her a substantial tip for her efforts. As before, Fatima would drive Big Mike home and Tony would provide the same for Colin. The two boys had also agreed to chat with Shelly soon.

Now it was Shelly’s and Marla’s turn.

The day was still young as it were, but there was no need to rush things.

As they drove, music played and the mood was light, and as the unofficial cheerleader in the group, Marla was the first to speak.

“You know, you can have dinner with me this evening if you want, and you would be quite welcome if you agreed to stay over. It would be kinda fun. We can catch-up on my Korean Dramas, or uhm…something else?”

Marla laughed easily, enjoying the moment spent with a friend. Whatever decision Shelly made, this day marked a kind of beginning in a new kind of existence.

Tag: @Ktala

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Darth_Elu, Ameteth, Sith-I-5 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.