main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I think you're right. The art in the current arc is an improvement, but I do expect a ESB relaunch with a large increase in art quality as well. I'm also predicting that could happen around the release of IX. That gives them two more arcs pre ESB which seems likely. The latest opening crawl mentions the Rebels trying to regroup and strike back. That suggests at least two more; one of them being on the offensive and then one leading to ESB.

2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Yessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please be Qui-Gon. :qui:

MrDarth0 likes this.
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The collected TPBs of the Age of the Republic series are already on Amazon UK. One for the good guys, one for the bad guys:

Sith Iratus likes this.
  4. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Long shot but I am hoping for a komari Voss return to canon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    My thoughts as well, considering that Dooku seems to be a Sith in the story, which would mean that Qui-Gon is dead. Unless he contacts Qui-Gon's spirit?

kalzeth likes this.
  6. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i dont understand why they don't make combine the two books into one big one. i love anthology books.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    [​IMG]

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I would guess the Republic issues will be collected into a single oversize hardcover. Now what will the hardcover be of the entire Age Of... series in like late 2020? You could probably board up your house with it!

Anyway with Vader and Poe Dameron ending this will basically take the roster spot on the release schedule since it seems to be at least 2 books a month. I'll be surprised if they add another mini after Solo: Imperial Cadet ends. But they'll probably announce a lead up to Episode IX mini at some point, same way Shattered Empire and Phasma led into TFA and TLJ.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    lordpixie and Jedi Ben like this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Cynical but probably accurate.

10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Didn't Dooku leave the Order right before the events of TPM? Qui-Gon could have met him right before he's sent to Naboo. Also, I really want it to be Qui-Gon and in this one case, I'm okay with Lucasfilm contradicting the established canon if needed :D

cwustudent likes this.
  11. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I'm pretty sure he left after TPM and Qui-Gon's death was part of the cause. And the description suggests Dooku is Palpatine's apprentice which occurs after Maul dies. TCW implies Maul was originally supposed to fill Dooku's role. However, a meeting between Qui-Gon and Dooku would be cool and has a lot of story potential. Especially if it's after leaving the order. So I'd be okay with altering the canon, in this case. I'm quite okay with retcons if they make room for good stories and don't ruin others. This would be such a retcon.

kalzeth and MrDarth0 like this.
  12. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    In AOTC, I sensed genuine sadness that Qui-Gon was gone, so I'm excited that this could, maybe, show their goodbye moment. It'd be interesting if Qui-Gon senses a change in Dooku. If so, then it might explain why Qui-Gon was unable to fully Force-ghost: he hadn't let go of Dooku yet. Maybe.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  13. Serfer

Serfer Jedi Grand Master

Mar 17, 1999
    Anyone else from Canada who buys Kindle versions of the trades notice that Marvel has delisted all of them from Amazon.ca? Not just Star Wars, but the ones from the Marvel Universe as well. Individual issues are available, but not collected editions.

Wonder what the deal is there? It’s rather frustrating as it was normally cheaper buying from Amazon and having the purchases sync to comiXology than it was to buy from comiXology directly, due to currency conversion.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    Tython Awakening likes this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I think you've answered your own question!

15. Serfer

Serfer Jedi Grand Master

Mar 17, 1999
    Hahaha. Perhaps. Though they’re still available on Amazon U.S. So weird.

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-vader-dark-visions-announce
    [​IMG]
    Who is Darth Vader?

The fallen Jedi has been a symbol of power, a villainous commander, and a Sith warrior. But in 2019, a new limited comic series explores a side of Vader that neither fans nor the galaxy have ever seen before.

Writer Dennis Hopeless (Cloak and Dagger, Jean Grey), invites you to experience all-new twisted adventures of the Dark Lord with artist Paolo Villanelli (Star Wars: Lando Double or Nothing, Star Wars: Rogue One Adaptation) taking on issue #1 and break-out artist Brian Level (Thanos Legacy, Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows) joining for issue #2, Star Wars: Vader — Dark Visions will take readers to the darkest parts of the galaxy — places where the mysterious anti-hero known as Darth Vader can be someone’s greatest fear and even…someone’s greatest hope!

The limited series begins with a story that will shed a new light on the many sides of the galaxy’s greatest villain. Don’t miss Star Wars: Vader — Dark Visions in comic shops this March!

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Vader has been done amazingly these last couple years. That cover is incredible. I didn’t know I needed this. But I’m glad I have it.

18. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I really like the Imperial shield

19. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Those two-headed birds. [face_skull]

DarthJaceus and tatooinesandworm like this.
  20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
  21. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    I love his steed. Looks like it has four legs.

22. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    All horses have four legs lol

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  24. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Sorry, I meant four on each end. So eight. Sorry, it was very late (or early) when I posted that.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    DarthJaceus and tatooinesandworm like this.
  25. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Marvel March 2019 solicitations - so many of them!!

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: VADER – DARK VISIONS #1 & #2 (of 5)
    DENNIS HOPELESS (W) • ISSUE #1 - PAOLO VILLANELLI (A) • ISSUE #2 - BRIAN LEVEL (A)
    CoverS by GREG SMALLWOOD
    ISSUE #1 - VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    ISSUE #1 - Variant Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI & ELIA BONETTI
    ISSUE #1 - Movie Variant Cover Also Available
    ISSUE #2 - Variant Cover by GERARDO SANDOVAL
    ISSUE #1 - WHO IS DARTH VADER?
    He has been many things: a SITH warrior, a commander, a destroyer. DARTH VADER is to many throughout the GALACTIC EMPIRE a symbol of fear and mysterious, otherworldly power. But there are some who have seen the DARK LORD in a different light. There are some corners of the galaxy so dark and desperate that even Vader can be a knight in shining armor. The first issue of a new STAR WARS limited series, writer Dennis Hopeless (CLOAK AND DAGGER, JEAN GREY) sheds new light on the many sides of the galaxy’s greatest villain.
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    ISSUE #2 - THE COST OF FAILURE.
    • To command an IMPERIAL DESTROYER is a coveted position.
    • But with such great responsibility comes grave consequences if you fail your mission.
    • How far will one officer go to spare himself from the judgment of DARTH VADER?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS #62
    KIERON GILLEN (W) • ANDREA BROCCARDO (A)
    COVER BY GERALD PAREL
    Greatest Hits Variant Cover by TBA
    Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    THE SCOURGING OF SHU-TORUN: ROAD TO REVENGE!
    • How is LEIA going to scourge SHU-TORUN?
    • She’ll need an all-star team...
    • ...and a plan they won’t see coming!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS #63
    KIERON GILLEN (W) • ANGEL UNZUETA (A)
    COVER BY GERALD PAREL
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    THE SCOURGING OF SHU-TORUN: OPERATION VENGEANCE!
    • KANCHAR returns, and he’s still got an amazing cybernetic arm.
    • Does QUEEN TRIOS feel regret over all she’s done?
    • Spoilers: She will soon, if LEIA has anything to do with it.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: AGE OF REPUBLIC – PADMÉ AMIDALA #1
    JODY HOUSER (W) • CORY SMITH (A) • Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
    CONCEPT DESIGN VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    Puzzle Piece Variant Cover by MIKE MCKONE
    Movie Variant Also Available
    A DESPERATE DIPLOMATIC MISSION FOR SENATOR AMIDALA!
    • PADMÉ sets out in secret to try to bring a neutral world into the Republic fold.
    • Is this a genuine offer of alliance, or another trap for the outspoken Senator?
    • And will rejecting the help of the JEDI be a deadly mistake?
    32 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: AGE OF REPUBLIC – GENERAL GRIEVOUS #1
    JODY HOUSER (W) • LUKE ROSS (A) • Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
    GREATEST HITS VARIANT COVER BY PEPE LARRAZ
    CONCEPT DESIGN VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    Puzzle Piece Variant Cover by MIKE MCKONE
    Movie Variant Also Available
    THE FEARSOME SEPARATIST GENERAL STRIKES!
    • In his hunt to kill Jedi, GRIEVOUS stumbles across a power greater than he imagined.
    • What secrets will the killer cyborg find inside a lost Jedi temple?
    • Can Grievous strike a blow against the very FORCE itself?
    32 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY ADAPTATION #6 (of 7)
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W)
    WILL SLINEY (A)
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    DOUBLE CROSS!
    • ENFYS NEST has HAN SOLO and his crew dead to rights...
    • But will Enfys’ surprising revelation persuade Han to change his plans for the stolen coaxium...
    • ...or will a betrayal in his crew be his undoing?!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: HAN SOLO – IMPERIAL CADET #5 (of 5)
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W)
    LEONARD KIRK (A)
    Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    BEHIND ENEMY LINES!
    • HAN SOLO and his fellow cadets risk their lives to save one of their own.
    • But not all of them will be coming back from this mission...
    • ...and even if Han survives, will the Empire throw him in the brig or worse?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #30
    SI SPURRIER (W) • EMILIO LAISO (A)
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    GREATEST HITS VARIANT COVER BY ADAM HUGHES
    “WORST AMONG EQUALS” PART 5: WHEREIN: PUBLIC RELATIONS DISASTER!
    • DOCTOR APHRA’s race across an alien city continues, pursued by innumerable enemies – not least the EMPIRE’S villainous propaganda division.
    • But with the timer ticking down on the bomb in her throat, the truest horror might come from some unscheduled soul-searching.
    • Could it be that her psychotic droid companion TRIPLE-ZERO is the closest thing she has (or deserves) to a true soulmate?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99