main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Marvel August 2019 Solicitations

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #35
    SI SPURRIER (W) • WILTON SANTOS & ANDREA BROCCARDO (A)
    COVER BY ASHLEY WITTER
    STAR WARS GREATEST MOMENTS VARIANT BY GREG SMALLWOOD
    “UNSPEAKABLE REBEL SUPERWEAPON” PART IV
    • It’s time for DOCTOR APHRA to do what she does best: honor her commitments, help people in need, do the right thing.
    • Hahaha, nope, the people she’s swindling won’t buy that either. Unlucky for them, she’s always two steps ahead.
    • Unlucky for her, the steps lead directly to Coruscant, and into the arms of an old enemy…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS #70
    GREG PAK (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    STAR WARS GREATEST MOMENTS VARIANT BY WALT SIMONSON
    ROGUES, ROMANCE AND ROCK MONSTERS!
    • With the fate of the Rebellion at stake, our heroes scramble to set their decoys and traps to protect THE REBEL FLEET. But everyone’s plan suddenly becomes more complicated.
    • What can a frontier cardsharp teach Luke about THE FORCE? What are HAN and LEIA doing in the Lanz Carpo honeymoon suite?
    • And which utterly iconic STAR WARS villain finally takes notice as CHEWIE and THREEPIO tangle with the rock monsters of Planet K43?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: AGE OF RESISTANCE – GENERAL HUX #1
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A) • Cover by PHIL NOTO
    PUZZLE PIECE VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
    CONCEPT VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
    MOVIE VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
    MAROONED!
    • GENERAL HUX and KYLO REN crash-land on a far-off planet.
    • With no hope of rescue, the two are forced to work together to survive.
    • But can they survive each other?
    32 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: AGE OF RESISTANCE – POE DAMERON #1
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • RAMON ROSANAS (A) • Cover by PHIL NOTO
    PUZZLE PIECE VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
    CONCEPT VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
    STAR WARS GREATEST MOMENTS VARIANT BY CHRIS SAMNEE
    MOVIE VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
    FIGHT AND FLIGHT!
    • POE DAMERON is the greatest pilot in THE RESISTANCE.
    • But before the Resistance, he commanded another crew. He flew for the NEW REPUBLIC.
    • But was Poe flying for the right cause?
    32 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: TIE FIGHTER #5 (of 5)
    JODY HOUSER (W)
    ROGE ANTONIO & JUAN GEDEON (A)
    Cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS
    Character Variant Cover
    by Jeff Langevin
    VARIANT COVER BY YASMINE PUTRI
    THE EMPIRE STRIKES!
    • The mission is to deal a devastating blow to THE REBELLION.
    • Can the squadron come together in time to complete the mission?
    • And will any survive the fight?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE #5 (of 5)
    ETHAN SACKS (W) • WILL SLINEY (A)
    Cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS
    VARIANT COVER BY LUKE ROSS
    A DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD!
    • KENDOH’S crew of mercenaries spring their heist to steal one of the rarest relics in the universe - the hilt of the fabled SWORD OF KHASHYUN from DOK-ONDAR’S DEN OF ANTIQUITIES.
    • But with the FIRST ORDER tightening its grip on BLACK SPIRE OUTPOST and the notorious RED FURY STORMTROOPERS on their trail, can these master thieves survive long enough to collect their prize?
    • And does Dok-Ondar have one last gambit to play?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: TARGET VADER #2 (of 6)
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • STEFANO LANDINI (A) • Cover by NIC KLEIN
    VARIANT COVER BY JOHN McCREA
    THE HUNTER BECOMES THE HUNTED!
    • VALANCE and DENGAR track DARTH VADER while also seeking out the perfect weapon to kill the SITH LORD…
    • …which they’ll need as Vader turns the tables on the hunters and corners them!
    • And both hunter and hunted uncover dark secrets behind the criminal syndicate known only as THE HIDDEN HAND.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

2. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Also, since IDW doesn't have it's own dedicated thread (that I'm aware of), here is there solicitation for August 2019.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS ADVENTURES #25
    (W) Delilah S Dawson (A/CA) Margaux Saltel
    In this story set before A New Hope, Princess Leia Organa faces the most challenging task of her young life: teaching Amilyn Holdo how to drive a speeder! But both learn an important lesson after finding themselves in the dangerous lower levels of Coruscant.

Special 25th issue featuring a full-length story about young Princess Leia!
    The second of three issues spotlighting the Sequel Trilogy!

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  4. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    ESB could give this book a bit of a kick in the pants and we get lots of Lando and Luke Skywalker being Almost Fully Trained Jedi. Would love to see how the book covers the events of ESB. And I maintain that there is room in Canon for a post ESB/ pre-ROTJ Luke/Vader confrontation or maybe a Force communion / battle or something because Luke in ESB goes "Nooooooo!" and then in ROTJ apropos of nothing he's all "there's still good in him!" Not sure if LFL would allow it but I think it could happen.

Slight timeline quibble, issue #50 was supposedly 1 year after Yavin and if 68 is right before ESB I think the book just skipped over about 2 years or so?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    iPodwithnomusic and chrcharcor2 like this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    In the right hands that unanswered question of how Luke came to terms with Vader dropping the dad bomb could be quite the story.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    To awnser the timline question, i think by the ashes of jedah 1 year has gone. I think by issue 67 around 2 years have maybe less. But i,m glad we get over this 3 years between new hope and empire strikkes back. And in this be up coming issues we could be getting more jedi like Luke like she's in return of jedi. More Lando. Maybe some sidious and vader thinking about Luke.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Sigh. I have to admit I was really hoping the time jump to ESB wasn't happening yet. There remains so much untapped potential for fun Big Three / Classic Era stories, and plenty of time available in the timeline to tell them in. But as much as I wanted the series to remain in the "sweet spot," I have to look at the bright side: stories set before, during, and after ESB can't help but be interesting, and the time jump leaves a span of anywhere from a year to a year and a half or so open and available for future Big Three content (novels, perhaps?). Greg Pak's Age of Rebellion work has me ready to see what he'll being to the mainline series, so I shall trust him and see what the future holds.

10. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I can't imagine much time going by before there's another post-ANH, pre-ESB something or other being released. I'm just wondering what they're going to do after this arc. If it really is immediately before ESB, then there'll have to be a time jump after issue 75. And how much time can they spend in between ESB and ROTJ? Certainly not another 75 issues.

If anyone's wondering what Marvel did last time around, they had 31 issues between ANH and ESB and 35 in between ESB and ROTJ.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Which corresponds to the gap between films, which they don't have this time so all bets are off.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Seems we just right before Empire strikes back.

13. Jacken_Skywalker

Jacken_Skywalker Jedi Master

Jul 9, 2011
    My wonder is how long they will dwell here. After all, they say "Marvel BEGINS a new era". Do we think this means that surrounding Episode V (both sides), opr maybe just the new creative team. I was thinking it meant they were going to spend a little time right before Episode V. My other wonder is if they might try and tie this in with whatever Project Luminous is or something similar because next year is the 40th anniversary of Episode V. Just some thoughts.

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That could easily be read as referring to the start of Pak-Noto.

15. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I wonder how long before ESB does this take place, Like with the Poe Dameron comic, they went up to six months prior to the Events of Episode VII as Resistance has shown that most of the Poe Dameron comic happened before the events of the show.

16. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm beginning to get a little concerned about the lack of news regarding releases of new OHC collections of the current Marvel series. A Poe Dameron collection is overdue and several others are at least due soon based on the timing of previous releases. Does anyone think lackluster sales may have anything to do with it? (I don't know any sales figures I'm just wondering out loud)

lordpixie and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    My guess is they are waiting for comic con to announce release dates. I’m still waiting for the second Charles soul Vader hard cover.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Demon4x4 and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Cons don't tend to be used for old material though, they prefer to yell about the new stuff.

It's weird.

PimpBacca likes this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Am I being insane, or am I missing an Age of Resistance Snoke...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Star Wars: Age Of Resistance - Villains
    [​IMG]
    On Sale: Dec. 3, 2019
    I'm guessing Snoke's issue will either come out in September, October or November. We'll know more in the next Marvel solicitations.
    Based on the other ones which were released 2-3 months after the last issues, it doesn't seem likely to be in November.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  22. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Today's episode of The Star Wars Show reveals the cover for the Snoke issue

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    And here they are.
    https://www.starwars.com/news/age-of-resistance
    [​IMG]

Star Wars: Age of Resistance – Rose Tico #1 (on sale September 4)
    “My Hero”
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Ramon Rosanas
    Cover: Phil Noto

Sisters. Friends. Co-pilots. Growing up, Rose and Paige Tico were everything to each other. Until the First Order tore their world apart. See the bond between Rose and Paige before it was forever broken.

[​IMG]

Star Wars: Age of Resistance – Supreme Leader Snoke #1 (on sale September 11)
    “The Devil’s Apprentice!”
    Artist: Leonard Kirk

Supreme Leader Snoke’s brutal training of Kylo Ren begins. Will the sadistic Snoke break his tormented protégé? Or has he underestimated the son of Han and Leia?

[​IMG]

Star Wars: Age of Resistance – Rey #1 (on sale September 18)
    “Search for Skywalker”
    Artist: Ramon Rosanas

After Han Solo’s fall, Rey searched for Luke Skywalker. But before Luke, there was Leia. Witness never-before-seen moments between Rey and General Organa. What will Rey, Chewbacca and R2-D2 encounter on the way to find Leia’s missing brother?

[​IMG]

Star Wars: Age of Resistance – Kylo Ren #1 (on sale September 25)
    “A Dynasty of Doom!”
    Artist: Leonard Kirk

Anakin Skywalker casts a long shadow. Can Kylo Ren ever escape his infamous grandfather’s reputation? Or will he succeed where Darth Vader failed?

iPodwithnomusic and lordpixie like this.
  24. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    What happened to the solicits this month? They are always post on the second last Tuesday of the month.

25. Jacken_Skywalker

Jacken_Skywalker Jedi Master

Jul 9, 2011
    I was wondering the same thing!!!