main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ah, interpretation then. I don't know, I wouldn't be that trusting of either Darth Marvel or Darth Spurrier. ;)

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Huh. Interesting.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

More of the inqusitors and their gand one ;)

5. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I can't see them killing Aphra, she's like the Ahsoka of comics. Plus there's also the Empire Ascendant solicit which kinda spoils Aphra's survival already since this is a one-shot that directly leads to ESB and serves as an epilogue to the post-ANH era.

BigAl6ft6 and kalzeth like this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Has there been any news of more Epic Collections? Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Menace Revealed Vol. 2 is the last one mentioned on the Wook.

7. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    A listing for Legacy Vol. 3 recently appeared for May 5, 2020.

kalzeth, darthzac14 and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Amazon only very recently updated for May and June 2020.

Still no sign of Soule Vader OHC 2

9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Ah Marvel, you can't ever let a fan-favorite character die, can you? I like Aphra, but I think she has kinda run her course, in fact I'm now more interested in the new characters around her.

She'll probably lose a limb however - which is not too bad for her because c'mon, it's Aphra we're talking about here. She's probably into it anyways.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    At this point, since she's ongoing past ESB, I'm thinking she should be Marvel Star Wars Rosencrantz and Guildenstern or Deadpool, someone who hangs around the major events off to the side and can make comments and cracks about.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    So, I bought the Aphra Worst Among Equals TPB and saw the price was $25 to get the physical copy in store. Did they raise prices? Because the prices before this were $20 max, weren't they?

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Worse. This looks like Marvel taking the mick:
    • Volume 4 trade = RRP $17.99
    • Volume 5 trade = RRP $24.99
    • Volume 6 trade = RRP $15.99
    • Volume 7 trade = RRP $15.99

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It wasn't more issues than normal was it?

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Not that I can see, a 6-issue trade in place of a 5-issue one doesn't justify a RRP that is $7-9 more just for that.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I had a coupon thankfully but was caught off guard by it. Didn't check the price but was getting it regardless so no need to. And why would I expect it to be higher than prices have been previously?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Precisely, but remember for next time Padawan - Marvel always wants your money.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Though, if I want physical copies, probably going to have to do it regardless, but may need to be selective. If it was Omnibus/Epic Collection packed, that is something else. I can justify that.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  18. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Doesn't Worst Among Equals also include Annual # 2 ? So you are in effect getting 7 issues?

19. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    It does, indeed, include Annual #2.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That helps, as Annuals are about two normal size issues.

21. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Small heads-up: Poe Dameron #1 is available for free on comiXology right now. (I'm never sure if these discounts are for North America only or available everywhere.) The FCBD issues for 2019, 2018, and 2005 are also available for free.

Also, Marvel Unlimited appears to be running a new promotion -- two free months with the promo code TARGETMU2019. I have not signed up for this deal, nor have I subscribed to MU in the past, so I don't know any more details about the offer beyond what info is given at the bottom of the linked page. Hope folks here can take advantage of it, though.

22. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Now that I have read Spark of the Resistance, and sort of have an idea for Allegiance and Resistance Reborn are headed... there's probably room for a ST ongoing taking place between TLJ and TRoS.

23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Giovs likes this.
  24. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Marvel January 2020 solicitations

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    STAR WARS #1 & 2
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • JESUS SAIZ (A) • CoverS by R.B. SILVA AUG199000
    ISSUE #1 - Vader Variant COVER by Mahmud Asrar AUG199002
    ISSUE #1 - EMPIRE STRIKES BACK VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE AUG199009
    ISSUE #1 - Leia Variant COVER by Jen Bartel AUG199003
    ISSUE #1 - Luke Variant COVER by Adam Hughes AUG199005
    ISSUE #1 - VARIANT COVER by Art Adams AUG199001
    ISSUE #1 - Party Variant COVER by TBA AUG199007
    ISSUE #1 - Premiere Variant COVER by RB Silva AUG199008
    ISSUE #1 - MOVIE VARIANT COVER AUG199006
    ISSUE #1 - BLANK VAIRANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE AUG199004
    ISSUE #2 – VARIANT COVER BY BEN OLIVER
    ISSUE #2 – EMPIRE STRIKES BACK VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
    “No…I am your father.”
    In the wake of the events following The Empire Strikes Back, it is a dark time for the heroes of the Rebellion. The Rebel fleet…scattered following a disastrous defeat at the Battle of Hoth. Han Solo…lost to the bounty hunter, Boba Fett, after being frozen in carbonite. And after being lured into a trap on Cloud City and bested in a vicious lightsaber duel against the evil Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker…learned the horrible truth about his past. Vader did not kill Luke’s father Anakin--Vader is Luke’s father! Now, after narrowly escaping the dark lord’s clutches, and wounded and reeling from the revelation, Luke, Princess Leia, Lando Calrissian, the Wookiee Chewbacca and the droids C-3PO and R2-D2 must fight their way back to the Rebel Alliance—for the fate of the entire galaxy is at stake! After so many losses is victory still possible? But, what Leia, Luke and their ragtag band of freedom fighters do not realize is that they have only traded one Imperial trap for another! Enter the cunning and vengeful Imperial Commander Zahra, at the helm of the Tarkin’s Will!
    Writer Charles Soule (DARTH VADER) and artist Jesus Saiz (DOCTOR STRANGE) are taking us all to the galaxy far, far away next year! With covers by RB Silva (POWERS OF X)!
    THE GREATEST SPACE ADVENTURE OF ALL TIME BEGINS THIS JANUARY!
    ISSUE #1 - 40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    ISSUE #2 - 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: THE RISE OF KYLO REN #2 (OF 4)
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • WILL SLINEY (A) • COVER BY CLAYTON CRAIN
    VARIANT COVER BY JODIE MUIR
    SNOKE SINKS HIS CLAWS IN! YOUNG BEN SOLO FACES THE KNIGHTS OF REN!
    • With the new jedi school in ruins and fellow students hot on his trail for the murder of their master, Ben Solo flees to the only friend he has left in the galaxy…a man named Snoke. But Snoke has plans for Ben…and ideas about the Force that are as dangerous as they are intriguing for the troubled young jedi.
    • If Ben wishes to be truly free…the answers might lie with the dark side. And with the Knights of Ren!
    • But it won’t be the first time he’s tangled with the Knights. In the past, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker journeys to the Unknown Regions and brings young Ben along for the mission. Can even Luke Skywalker stand against the fabled Knights of Ren?!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd.

25. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015
    So, Star Wars comics have now become all Charles Soule, all the time. Not that I'm complaing, but that's still a month dominated by Soule comics. Plus, there's still likely another Soule comic unannounced with Project Luminous still being out there, too.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019