main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    i always hoped we would get a darth maul obi wan and anakin and mace windu maybe add the other darth maul series ? collection like the leia chewie and lando OHC ! but its looking more and more unlikely shame.

iPodwithnomusic, Giovs and Jedi Ben like this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ok, Vader OHC2.... Now read it, a lot of fun but..... the Fortress Vader arc? Does not live up to its rep. True, up until its final chapter it was very good indeed but the finale? A vague, unsatisfying mess.

Now that's out of the way, the Mon Cala arc was brilliant stuff. Also noticed the Inquisitors a bit more, having played Jedi: Fallen Order, which makes for some neat linkages. That Barr ends up as fallen as Vader but in a different way was rather neat, as was the turning up of Lee-Char, Raddus and Ackbar, not to mention Tarkin. The entire arc is an excellent example of how to use continuity effectively.

The annual? Eh, was all-right, nothing special.

Now Fortress Vader - everything with Momin was very good. An intriguing new adversary for Vader, plus rebelling natives, threats inside and out - it all comes to a head in #24, which would have been a better finale than what followed.

One thing that certainly hasn't helped the finale is that sole panel of Shmi Skywalker being ripped out of context and posted everywhere, but in context? It doesn't do much either. Vader's final answer at the end? The great secret is: He doesn't have one, Soule doesn't have one, it's a damn mess.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Vialco, PimpBacca and kalzeth like this.
  3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    In the Darth Vader Vol 2 hardcover, when Vader thrusts his lightsaber at the table, did they cut that scene at the end where a castle was unearthed? I could have sworn on issue 25 there was a castle that was discovered. I didn't see it on the final page of the hardcover. Now, was it in that issue or another one?

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the fact that Vader's metaphysical dark side journey didn't provide satisfying closure for Vader, just more wallowing in Darkness and unable to save Padme until the light - probably Luke Skywalker - blows him out and he resolves to commit himself to darkness, is a very appropriate ending.

5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Marvel December 2020 solicitations.

[​IMG]

STAR WARS #9

CHARLES SOULE (W) • JAN BAZALDUA (A)

Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN

ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

Empire Strikes Back Variant COVER by CHRIS SPROUSE

VARIANT COVER BY TONY DANIEL

“OPERATION STARLIGHT” BEGINS, AS THE REBEL PATHFINDERS

UNDERTAKE A DESPERATE MISSION TO THE IMPERIAL CORE.

• In the Imperial Museum on CORUSCANT, an ancient droid holds the key to salvation of the REBEL ALLIANCE.

• The Rebels’ elite operations team, the PATHFINDERS, must pull off a daring heist right under the nose of the EMPEROR himself, with LANDO and LOBOT along for the ride!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2020 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #8

GREG PAK (W) • RAFFAELE IENCO (A) • Cover by AARON KUDER

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPOUSE

CONCEPT DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY RAFFAELE IENCO

INTO THE FIRE!

• Hungry for vengeance after his brutal punishment at the hands of THE EMPEROR, can DARTH VADER

uncover his master’s secrets in the depths of MUSTAFAR?

• Stripped of his greatest weapons, can the dark lord survive the fire and the EYE?

• Or will he be overcome as the EYE turns Vader’s every question back to his own terrible secrets?

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2020 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]

STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #8

ETHAN SACKS (W) • PAOLO VILLANELLI (A/C)

Empire Strikes Back Variant COVER by CHRIS SPROUSE

A DEADLY FAVOR!

• To pay back a debt, VALANCE undertakes a rescue mission to save the crew of a crippled REBEL transport.

• That dangerous job will take the bounty hunter deep into the heart of the pirate-infested space in THE OUTER RIM.

• But lying in wait is both an old enemy…and a new threat!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #7

ALYSSA WONG (W) • RAY-ANTHONY HEIGHT (A) • Cover by SWAY

VARIANT Cover by JENNY FRISON

THE OFFER!

• Hired by DOMINA TAGGE, APHRA sets her sights on a mysterious piece of tech that could shift the balance of the galactic civil war.

• Her hunt takes her to CORELLIA… and to SANA STARROS’ doorstep!

• But Aphra’s not the only one on Corellia with an eye on the tech…!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 and lordpixie like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    No big December hype Marvel Star Wars comix, like 2018 Darth Vader #25 Vol. 2 or 2019 Rise of Kylo Ren #1. Bit of a bummer. Ah well, still lots of Star Wars! And edited out deleted scene content on the cover of Darth Vader issue also!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  7. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Well, everything's been delayed a few months. We'll get our "big December hype" comics in March or something.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Darth Covid: I am altering the plan.

JediFett10 and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I almost wished we the whole Vader book by end of this year lol. and then by 2021 main star wars comics could go into the ST era. That seems like 2022 if we get the ROTJ era finnished, i think both get 25 issues and then move on into the ST era.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Why this thinking that it has to be so strictly sequential? The books have been doing multi-era stuff from the start, the comics ought to be doing more of that.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    lordpixie and PimpBacca like this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope once this ROTJ era is doen we get comics of the ST at same time High Republic is coming. Hope for more books in between the timeline. We know some shows will cover this era.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's not without precedent, albeit limited - the Vader and SW dual Mon Cala arcs.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah i hope we get more of that in the future. Also i love to know what happenned to the rest of the galaxy before or during the ST. Hopefully soon we get more content. The ST story is done so no fear from the movies changing it.

14. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    I would like a obi and ani ongoing before AOTC !

BigAl6ft6, chrcharcor2 and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Marvel January 2021 solicitations.
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-january-2021-star-wars-comics-exclusive-preview
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS #10

Written by CHARLES SOULE
    Art by JAN BAZALDUA
    Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN

“OPERATION STARLIGHT, PART 2 (OF 3)” – REELING FROM THE LOSS OF ONE OF THEIR OWN, THE REBELS FINALLY SEE A PATH FORWARD!

• THE REBELS attempt to create a new communications code that THE EMPIRE will never be able to crack, in hopes that they might be able to safely reunite their scattered fleet and rejoin the fight.
    • However, the code has a cost, one that LANDO CALRISSIAN is not willing to pay!
    • Meanwhile, STARLIGHT SQUADRON, the group of elite pilots tasked with finding the scattered divisions of the fleet, heads out on its first deadly mission.
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #9

Written by GREG PAK
    Art by RAFFAELE IENCO
    Cover by AARON KUDER

THE ASSASSIN RETURNS!

• In his search for vengeance in the depths of MUSTAFAR, DARTH VADER has seized the mysterious key to the EMPEROR’S greatest secret.
    • But the key itself needs a key — which only the deadly assassin OCHI OF BESTOON seems to have. Vader and Ochi are in for the fight of their lives with the fate of the Emperor in the balance — but how much of this is all PALPATINE’S plan?
    • And what happens when the SITH LORD and the SITH ASSASSIN start to figure that plan out?
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #9

Written by ETHAN SACKS
    Art by PAOLO VILLANELLI
    Cover by MATTIA DE LULIS

THE “TERMINUS GAUNTLET” CONTINUES!

• Trapped on a REBEL transport under attack by pirates, VALANCE must make a desperate gambit to survive.
    • But little does the cyborg bounty hunter know he’s on a collision course with his old rival, DENGAR!
    • Plus, a familiar face makes a shocking return with a plan that will change the underworld forever.
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #7

Written by ALYSSA WONG
    Art by RAY-ANTHONY HEIGHT
    Cover by SWAY

THE OFFER!

• Hired by DOMINA TAGGE, APHRA sets her sights on a mysterious piece of tech that could shift the balance of the galactic civil war.
    • Her hunt takes her to CORELLIA… and to SANA STARROS’ doorstep!
    • But Aphra’s not the only one on Corellia with an eye on the tech…!
    And here’s some bonus intel: Check out the New York Comic Con x MCM Metaverse edition of Star Wars #7 below, featuring an exclusive variant cover by John Tyler Christopher! Limited to just 4,000 units, it’s individually numbered, as well as bagged and boarded, and available for $25.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    bsmith7174 and lordpixie like this.
  16. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Is the Rise of Skywalker comic adaptation dead?

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Delayed I believe but no confirmed or solicited date as yet.

18. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I don't think this represents the entirety of the January 2021 solicits - this is only a preview via starwars.com. We're also supposed to get The High Republic #1 that month, right? And the long-lost TROS adaptation may or may not be in the cards, of course.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's certainly not the entirety of Marvel's solicits, but this is likely the SW set for January. If there was a to be revealed book Marvel would have done the Classified trick.

Still, we'll know for certain in a couple of days.

High Republic could easily start in February.

20. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Darth Covid may have other plans.

Could be as little as it was supposed to be due last week of Jan, slipped into first week of Feb.

22. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    The launch is Jan 5th.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    For the book? Yes, but comics could be more variable.

Spreading out the releases of the makes commercial sense too.

24. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I’ve been trying to find the Darth Vader Dark Lord Vol 1 Hardcover, but I’ve had zero luck anywhere.

It was just released in November 2018, so I’m really shocked that I can’t find a copy anywhere. Is it not being printed anymore? I’ve been able to find Volume 2 everywhere, but Volume 1 seems to be impossible to find.

If anyone has any ideas on where to find a copy, I’d really appreciate it.

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    OHC and Omnibus editions from Marvel can go out of print very fast, once they do, the price skyrockets.

The point to remember is these are deluxe hardbacks for a niche audience and the print run reflects that.

iPodwithnomusic and Vialco like this.