main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So, Near Mint Condition have a vid up right?

2. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    Yeah you got it !!. and at the end of the vid he maybe hinting to a 1st Vader omnibus reprint !.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Just had a look at it, with at least one of the OHCs out of print, the omnibus - probably RRP $100 - is the only option for Soule's run.

Be interesting to see what is in the Rise of the Sith omnibus.

4. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    Yeah it seems a bit strange to announce the omni but not the content it's not like they have anything to hide or do they que conspiracy music. haha

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. KirKanosForever

KirKanosForever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2008
    This is how Omar rolls - he gets more eyeballs on his videos releasing titles one day and contents the next. I find it annoying as a person who wants to know everything right now, but it's a sensible business strategy. It's also gotten him the inside track on these announcements, so more power to him.

The way he mentioned the reprint, it seems like there's something curious about it - whether it's a rebranding or something else, I don't know, but I wouldn't guarantee it's about Star Wars

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    We'll get the answers tomorrow - remember Omar gets the info from Marvel with some conditions attached.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, Rise of the Sith Omnibus is a real grab bag of material that hasn't been reprinted in years!

But, I can't say I care enough about the pieces to blow £55-60 on it. As the RRP is $125 / £110.

8. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    The content is the same as in the 2 vol Rise of the Sith epic collections but i have them and it would have been great to have them in hardback but i've set a rule for myself Legends in epic and canon in OHC and Omnibus.

9. KirKanosForever

Jan 19, 2008
    If that Rise of the Sith omni sells well, I imagine they'll do a Menace Revealed omni sometime in late 2022/early 2023. I think they'd want to get the third Menace Revealed epic collection out first* (hopefully by the end of this year?), but I can definitely see Marvel deciding to just work through concatenating two Epic Collections together forward through the timeline. Menace Revealed v3 and Clone Wars v4 are the only things in the way from them running through the entire Republic era.

Since I'm in a prediction mode, I might as well toss out that Legacy has a good chance at being a 2022 omnibus if the KOTOR one does well.

*Marvel tends to avoid having the same material on the shelves in more than one format at the same time

lordpixie likes this.
  10. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    Whatever happened to Marvel's TROS adaptation? Did it get cancelled or is it on indefinitely postponed or what?

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Official line appears to be on hold.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think scuttlebutt was we might get a trade but not singles, but even that wouldn't be for some time.

13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    There has been quite a few precedents for starting a miniseries, not completing and it then issuing the trade, due to covid.

Equally, there's no shortage of straight-to-collected-edition works.

Either would be a first for SW comics though.

14. KirKanosForever

Jan 19, 2008
    Omar has another video out covering the Oct-Dec release period - no official contents for a couple weeks, but we have titles for just the thick paperbacks (no omnis, OHC, or current Marvel ongoing series). Hachette's catalog will be out in a few weeks with most of the rest of the titles, re-releases, and contents

Epic Collection: Clone Wars v4 in November

Boba Fett: Blood Ties (collecting both minis) in December
    (the way it was mentioned and listed, I'd guess these minis won't appear in the Epic line, but that's a guess)

lordpixie and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, useful - thanks for the tip-off.

16. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    That would work for me. I just collect the trades anyway.

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Epic Collection Number 4 Clone Wars sounds interesting

18. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Not sure if it’s been mentioned but it looks like there’s going to be a the old
    Republic volume 4.

COLLECTING: Star Wars: The Old Republic (2010) 1-6, Star Wars: The Old Republic - The Lost Suns (2011) 1-5, Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith - Spiral (2012) 1-5; material from Star Wars Tales (1999) 17, Star Wars Visionaries (2005)

I’ll probably be picking this up but I was under the impression that the lost tribe comics had a bigger run.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Nope. Just the one Comic arc.

Jedi Ben and PimpBacca like this.
  20. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    Star Wars Legends Epic Collection - The Menace Revealed, Vol. 3 . Omar announced on one of his livestream's content/cover not mentioned .

21. KirKanosForever

Jan 19, 2008
    I didn't hear that one, but that's excellent. I've got all the Menace Revealed and Clone Wars epics sitting together waiting to be read in one long go once the whole run is completed in the epic format.

It'll be awhile before we get the full Sept-Dec catalog, so we'll keep getting dribbles of solicits for that time range for probably another month. We'll probably see a reprint or two of epics in there, and maybe get a peak at how Marvel intends to collect the Bounty Hunters crossover soon.

My 2022 wishlist for SW Epics is Rebellion v5 (Shadow of the Empire), New Republic v6 or v7 (whichever is the Crimson Empire trilogy), and wherever they drop the Kyle Katarn trilogy. Given how my broad Marvel Epic Collections wishlist usually gets 1-2 a year out of the 15 on it, I assume that means 2022 will be Tales of the Jedi v2, Old Republic v5, and Legacy v4 or something like that ;).

There actually doesn't seem to be that much left to collect from the pre-Disney era in Epic Collections - one volume of the Original Marvel Years, two volumes of TotJ, one of The Old Republic, one for Empire, one for Rebellion, one for Kyle Katarn, two for New Republic, one for Legacy, and one for Infinities (11 total). There's probably more than that (lots of Tales stuff isn't collected, for example, so maybe there are two volumes of Empire, etc.), but I'll probably be done w/SW before any of the other Marvel runs.

lordpixie likes this.
  22. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    I would like to see the UK clone wars/star wars adventures kids comics collected too ! but unsure if we will ?.

23. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    Would also be great to get the Rebels comics collected some day.

The Positive Fan likes this.
  24. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Given that we just recently received the previously German-language-only adaptation of Smuggler's Run from IDW, we know they have access to those comics so I think a collection of some sort is inevitable. What form such a collection will take is the question. There are over forty stories, each ten to twelve pages in length - not sure how that will fit into IDW's usual trade paperback format. It will be interesting to see how they are eventually collected and released.

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh? Will have to go looking for that. IDW trades are quality items.