main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    We are getting reprints of Marvel Star Wars 2015 Vol 1 Omnibus and Marvel Darth Vader 2015 Omnibus April next year.

Vialco, PimpBacca and Jedi Ben like this.
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm late on this bandwagon, but I finally read this and the Vader Vol 1 TPB last night. Eventually I'll catch up with all the other new comics. Shattered Empire and Aphra Vol 1 are today's plan! I might jump ahead to High Republic after this because it seems like a lot of important stuff is happening in those.

Comixology has some really great deals on comics -- part of the reason I've been wary to start was because of the price, but they make it (somewhat) financially easier to backtrack old TPBs. I've been reluctant to get into online comics, but they sometimes look better than the physical version because you can see the little details in the background. I look forward to traversing the uncanny realism of Larocca's issues.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Sinrebirth , PimpBacca and lordpixie like this.
  4. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Cheers @Jedi Ben but I sold my physical copy’s and went and picked them up digitally on my kindle.

Sinrebirth and Jedi Ben like this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ew. Legends banner. [face_laugh]

Yes I’m an ungrateful so and so.

Vialco likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That's what breaks you?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean I own Marvel 107, so no.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I understand that this question isn't about Star Wars, but, is there any reason there haven't been any new Indiana Jones comics? Is it to do with rights issues?

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Indy’s just never had a expanded universe the likes of Star Wars Star Trek or even Doctor Who sadly

10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I fully expect a flood of new Indy stuff to come in with the release of Indy 5. We’re getting a new game, and I wouldn’t rule out a comic and a novel or two.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. President Bossk

President Bossk Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2019
    Just got the KOTOR omnibus, and it's pretty great. Nice large pages, and the binding isn't really stiff like some other recent marvel omnibuses. I would recommend this to anyone who likes Star Wars comics. It contains John Jackson Miller's complete run on KOTOR, and it contains some of the best SW comics ever.

P.S. Also, anyone looking to buy Star Wars graphic novels, I recommend instocktrades.com. All books are 42% off retail price, and the books are well packaged. Sometimes they take 2-3 weeks to arrive, but I think it's worth it considering the deals you can get.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Ben like this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-november-2021-star-wars-comics-exclusive

[​IMG]

STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC – TRAIL OF SHADOWS #2 (OF 5)

DANIEL JOSÉ OLDER (W) • DAVE WACHTER (A) • Cover by DAVID LÓPEZ
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVID LÓPEZ • VARIANT COVER BY MEGHAN HETRICK

EMERICK AND SIAN FACE TOTAL AN-NIHIL-ATION!

• As dead ends and loose threads mount in Jedi Master Emerick Caphtor’s investigation, he’s called to Coruscant, where Chancellor Soh introduces him to his new partner: private eye Sian Holt.
    • Together, they must go undercover to infiltrate one of the most crime-riddled and dangerous planets in the galaxy.
    • Will Emerick’s duty to the Republic get in the way of Sian’s personal vendetta? Time’s running out to close this case…and what do the Nihil have to do with any of this?!
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC #11

CAVAN SCOTT (W) • GEORGES JEANTY (A) • Cover by PHIL NOTO
    VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    VARIANT COVER BY JAN DUURSEMA

THE HUNT FOR LOURNA DEE CONTINUES!

• The NIHIL have unleashed a unknown terror against the Jedi. MARSHAL AVAR KRISS is more determined than ever to bring LOURNA DEE to justice, but does STELLAN GIOS and the JEDI COUNCIL agree?
    • As KEEVE TRENNIS struggles with what she experienced on the Nihil base, the Jedi prepare for war.
    • PLUS, the truth about SSKEER is finally revealed – but what does it mean for his future?
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS #19

CHARLES SOULE (W) • MARCO CASTIELLO (A)
    Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    LUCASFILM ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
    VARIANT COVER BY E.M. GIST

LUKE’S QUEST FOR ANSWERS TAKES A DANGEROUS TURN!

• As the REBELLION tries to pull itself together for a last-ditch effort to defeat the evil GALACTIC EMPIRE, LUKE SKYWALKER realizes it is time for his journey to become a JEDI to continue.
    • After near-death at the hands of DARTH VADER, he knows he has much to learn if he will ever defeat the DARK LORD OF THE SITH.
    • But the JEDI ORDER is gone, and his teachers have vanished… where can Luke turn to find the Jedi legacy he so desperately needs?
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #16

ALYSSA WONG (W) • MINKYU JUNG (A)
    COVER BY SARA PICHELLI
    VARIANT COVER BY SWAY

A DEADLY GAME!

• DOCTOR APHRA and SANA STARROS have escaped the VERMILLION, but there’s no escaping CRIMSON DAWN: their spies are EVERYWHERE!
    • As DOMINA TAGGE contends with moles within TAGGE CORPORATION and Aphra struggles with the damage inflicted on her by a POWERFUL ARTIFACT, they strike one last bargain…
    • But who can Aphra really trust?
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #18

ETHAN SACKS (W) • RAMON BACHS (A)
    COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    LUCASFILM ANNIVERSARY VARIANT
    COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
    VARIANT COVER BY Daniel Acuña

THE GALAXY’S GREATEST!

• In the wake of the shocking events of WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS, the underworld has become more dangerous than ever.
    • T’ONGA has assembled the greatest team of bounty hunters in the galaxy — including BOSSK, ZUCKUSS and TASU LEECH for a special mission!
    • Can she keep them from killing each other long enough to become a real team while she grieves the loss of an old friend?
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #18

GREG PAK (W) • RAFFAELE IENCO (A) • Cover by AARON KUDER
    VARIANT COVER BY KEN LASHLEY

RED REVENGE!

• Fearful whispers echo in every corner of the Empire – Darth Vader is on the hunt, searching for anyone with any connection to the criminal organization known as Crimson Dawn.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-december-2021-star-wars-comics-preview
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: CRIMSON REIGN #1 (OF 5)

CHARLES SOULE (W) • STEVEN CUMMINGS (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

SABACC CARD VARIANT COVER BY DAVID LOPEZ
    KNIGHTS OF REN VARIANT COVER BY RAHZZAH
    WARRIORS OF DAWN VARIANT COVER BY VALERIO GIANGIORDANO
    ENEMIES OF DAWN VARIANT COVER BY CLAYTON CRAIN
    SYNDICATE VARIANT COVER BY KHOI PHAM
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY ARIO ANINDITO
    VARIANT COVER BY STEVEN CUMMINGS

AFTER THE DAWN… COMES THE REIGN!

The story that began with WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS continues here, in the second installment of a trilogy that will reshape the history of the Star Wars Galaxy during the Age of Rebellion. Featuring the return of beloved characters, shocking twists, epic feats of the Force and a story that will reach from Star Wars’ darkest underworld all the way to the Imperial palace on Coruscant, Crimson Reign is a Star Wars saga like no other!

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC – TRAIL OF SHADOWS #3 (OF 5)

DANIEL JOSÉ OLDER (W) • DAVE WACHTER (A) • Cover by DAVID LÓPEZ

VARIANT COVER BY ANNIE WU • VARIANT COVER BY GERALD PAREL

COLD COMFORT!

• A mysterious attack brings EMERICK and SIAN together at the Starlight to investigate connections to their case.
    • Meanwhile, ARATHAB tries to ambush a Nihil ship with deadly results.
    • Can Jedi Master Emerick and private eye Sian Holt uncover the clues to solve this case, or are they about to face their deadly demise at the hands of Nihil?
    rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2021 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC #12

CAVAN SCOTT (W) • GEORGES JEANTY (A) • Cover by PHIL NOTO

VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA

THE HUNT FOR LOURNA DEE CONTINUES!

• The NIHIL have unleashed a nameless terror against the Jedi. MARSHAL AVAR KRISS is more determined than ever to bring LOURNA DEE to justice, but does STELLAN GIOS and the JEDI COUNCIL agree?
    • As KEEVE TRENNIS struggles with what she experienced on the Nihil base, the Jedi prepare for war.
    • PLUS – The truth about SSKEER is finally revealed – but what does it mean for his future?

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS #20

CHARLES SOULE (W) • MARCO CASTIELLO (A) • Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN

ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    VARIANT COVER BY MARC LAMING

DANGEROUS LESSONS!

• LUKE SKYWALKER has found a key piece of instruction in his journey along the JEDI path – the voice of his teacher, JEDI MASTER YODA.
    • But the lesson Luke must learn will not be taught by Yoda, and it will take – and give – more than the young Skywalker could ever have imagined.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #19

GREG PAK (W) • GUIU VILANOVA (A) • COVER BY RYAN STEGMAN

VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

DARK ORDER!

• In the bowels of Bespin, DARTH VADER told his son he wanted to bring order to the galaxy.
    • Now Vaders’ promise is put to the test as he leads an unlikely crew of heroes and assassins against the criminal organization known as CRIMSON DAWN.
    • What does “order” mean to a DARK LORD OF THE SITH? How far will he go to fight for it as the depth of Crimson Dawns’ infiltration becomes clearer? • And what fate awaits the heroes who follow him into battle?

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #19

ETHAN SACKS (W) • RAMON BACHS (A) • COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU

CHAOS SPREADS THROUGH THE UNDERWORLD!

• As Crimson Reign has ignited the underworld in all-out war, T’ONGA’s team of bounty hunters – including BOSSK, ZUCKUSS and TASU LEECH – are running out of time to save the one young girl who can stop the conflict between syndicates!
    • A mysterious bounty hunter is out to assassinate a high ranking Imperial officer in a daring hit on a heavily armed cruiser. But was the hunter given the right target?

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #17

ALYSSA WONG (W) • MINKYU JUNG (A) • COVER BY SARA PICHELLI

VARIANT COVER BY W. SCOTT FORBES

EVOCATIONS!

• DOCTOR APHRA and SANA STARROS stumble upon a STRANGE RITUAL…
    • …And STRANGER ENEMY!
    • Will they fall victim to a practitioner of an ANCIENT CULT?

Barriss_Coffee, lordpixie and Gamiel like this.
  14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So is that last one...

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and Iron_lord like this.
  15. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    For the guys in the UK you can pre order Marvel Darth Vader by Charles Soule Omnibus. for £45.13 with promo code SORRY2021 at Speedyhen

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Order lots of other stuff if you do, Speedyhen have been doing well on getting the books out.

lordpixie likes this.
  17. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    New Omnibus Star Wars Legends: The New Republic Vol. 1 - collects Star Wars: Mara Jade – By the Emperor's Hand #0–6, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire – Evolution #1–5, Star Wars: X-Wing - Rogue Leader #1–3, Star Wars: X-Wing - Rogue Squadron #1–35 & Special , Star Wars Handbook (1998) #1; material from Star Wars Tales #10, 12, 15 & 23. summer 2022. This Omnibus is a must have for Rogue Squadron fan's and seem's different to the epic's collection's list of comic issues.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    ColeFardreamer and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, from Omar?

I could go for this one.

19. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    Yeah as always haha was hoping for SW 2015 Vol 2 but will take this and the vol after this will be huge Heir to the Empire and Dark Empire in one Omnibus.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh and the Jan 2022 trades are up too.

lordpixie likes this.
  21. President Bossk

President Bossk Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2019
    Not to mention possibly Crimson Empire. I'm not sure if that would be in a potential volume 2 or if there is enough to make a volume 3.

Anyway, I missed the first epic before it went OOP, so I never picked up any epics from this line. I look forward to this omnibus.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That's possible:

TTT trio = 18 issues
    DE = 14 issues
    CE = 18-19 issues

Add a one-shot or two and we're in the ballpark of a 50-55 issue Omnibus.

23. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    So now that WOTBH's main story is over, for how much longer does it look like the comics will be in the Post-ESB period?

All of the ongoings will reach 19 issues by the end of the year. For the last two series, Vader's run has ended at 25 issues. Assuming all else equal, we can assume the series will conclude in May 2022. There may also be an annual.

The main comic will likely remain in the post-ESB period for as long as the Qi'ra plotline is running. I suspect that Hidden Empire will remain in the post-ESB era. WOTBH ended this month, so if we assume that the pattern keeps up then Crimson Reign will last until April and then Hidden Empire will start in June or so. If Hidden Empire is another 5 monthly issues, then it'll probably end in October of 2022. This is all to say that the main comic probably has another 10 issues in its run left, at least. I don't see this run ending before January 2023.

The first Aphra series lasted 40 issues. Not sure if the current series has enough steam to last 40 issues, though there is the unresolved Durge plot. I don't foresee Bounty Hunters surviving past 25 issues; it seems to be the least popular comic in my own spheres. Valance's subplots could get rolled into the Aphra series or the main series.

Anyone else have any insight?

24. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    None except to reiterate that we are still very early in the year between ESB and ROTJ, and as such there is no pressure from within the internal chronology to bring anything to a close. (Fans tend to think "well, there is only a year between the films, so we gotta be bumping up against ROTJ anytime now, right?" No, there's still plenty of time for between-film stories, don't worry about that.) That having been said, obviously Marvel can and does choose to end runs for other reasons; for example, the decision to jump the mainline series ahead and renumber it in 2020 was probably driven in part to capitalize on the 40th anniversary of ESB, and they may choose to do something similar in 2023. It seems likely to me that they will follow patterns from the past regarding Vader, Bounty Hunters, and Aphra, but we shall see.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    I'm not trying to imply that there's any pressure from the in-universe chronology right now. I'm not even sure how long after ESB does WOTBH take place, actually. However, I can't help but feel that 2023 might be too early of a reboot. I think it's more likely that the main series would shift from keeping in following with ESB's fallout and shift harder into building up ROTJ. I know some people would like to see a post-ROTJ main series pretty soon, and I would say I'm pretty enthusiastic about getting out of the Imperial era in some fashion as well, but I can't help but feel it's not yet time.

It's possible that the High Republic era could get a second ongoing if Bounty Hunter or Aphra were to conclude. I still think a post-Kenobi Vader series is likely.