main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    As of this morning's April 2023 solicits, there is still no indication that Marvel plans to bring any of their post-ESB series to a close or time-jump them into the post-ROTJ era any time soon, despite the ROTJ 40th anniversary being very much on the horizon. The Vader series is starting a new arc, in fact. Looks like post-ESB will be the focus for a bit longer.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The sense I had is it would be later in 2023, so time enough for another arc for each of the books.

Looks like there's a quiet crossover between SW and Vader too.

3. Rebel-Jedi

Rebel-Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 26, 2005
    Will Star Wars Revelations be included in an upcoming TPB collection?

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Dunno, how did it work on the previous one shots and trades?

5. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    I don't think it has been announced yet if it has. Personally, I dont take the risk nowadays with one-shots. I just get them and if they get collected, so be it. Life Day took a while to get collected however, so Revelations may still yet. But some never have. I don't think DJ, Storms of Crait, Galactic Bake Off (in english language) have been collected. Even the C-3PO special only got collected in the Shattered Empire Hardback and not the TPB

6. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    Empire Ascendant had basically the same premise, and it looks like it ended up in the preceding trade of the main title, so I'd expect the same for Revelations.

7. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Dear diary it's been almost 3 years now and there's no end in sight to the Vader and Padme's handmaidens story..

JediFett10 likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The want to drag it out to ROTJ, lol.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm not seeing why a long form story is a problem, especially as it's known this phase of comics will be winding down later in 2023.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    ROTJ phase of Star Wars is beginning now. Darth Vader and Star wars mainline and others might end soon as they close to the movie.

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It all feels that way from solicit info.

If anything, keeping a book's story on track while linking to whatever event it has to is an under-rated skill. One the ESB volumes seem to be doing well.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if Sabe and rest of Handmaidens will get comics post ROTJ, spin-offfrom DarthVader. And will the mainline star wars go past ROTJ and to Jakku. Might be difficult with the books and comics already cover it and OT heroes not together. Aphra and bounty hunters could continnue.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  13. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    I still wonder if that one's going to end in a bloodbath like so many other Vader arcs. He's got a way of "settling the accounts" that would do the end of a Godfather movie proud. After all, the one thing Sith hate more than Jedi?

Loose ends. :vader:

14. gat-65b

gat-65b Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 13, 2022
    Oddly, I hadn't even thought of post ROTJ to Jakku as an option. I don't remember how much Aftermath trilogy hems in their story-telling of the big 3 (maybe just Han and Chewie for a while?). Aftermath isn't my favourite set of new canon books but if they could forge new ground in that period, could be neat. From Marvel's pattern, I expect shoehorned in Tofs and Nagai. Part of me thinks Lucasfilm may want to keep that period as an "evergreen" timeframe with the Empire still around and the last place for big Empire/Rebel conflicts to take place. The Marvel comics seem to fill in every inch of the eras so would leave less room for an author to come up with a new idea down the road and stick it in.

I'd vote for post TROS as something energetic and novel to the timeline but that seems even less likely.

15. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    SW Epic collection: The Menace Revealed, vol. 4. SW The Bounty Hunter-Aurra Sing #1. SW Starfighter -Crossbones#1-3. FCBD 2002. SW Republic #46-48. SW Episode 2 AOTC #1-4. SW Hasbro/Toys r us exclusive #1-4. Dark horse extra #44-47. SW Tales #2,7,14,18,20,24. Jan 2024.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  16. RogueWhistler

Aug 9, 2021
    No surprises in that Epic, but it's good that "Incident at Horn Station" from Tales #2 (which has really excellent Sean Phillips art) will be getting some kind of timeline placement, even if it's just "sometime before or during AotC."

17. KirKanosForever

KirKanosForever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2008
    That leaves three to go*: the last volumes of Empire (notably, Darklighter) and Rebellion (notably, Shadows of the Empire) and Invasion (which would either be a singleton volume or the last New Republic one). So close!!

*Plus or minus some Infinities stuff and the 3 Dark Forces novellas

18. RogueWhistler

Aug 9, 2021
    Darklighter's actually already been announced for Empire vol. 8, so all that should be left is Rebellion 6 and NR 8.

Also on the "not going to happen" list with Dark Forces are the Manga and Photocomic adaptations, the TCW ongoing, and a number of digest-sized and online-original comics.

KirKanosForever likes this.
  19. KirKanosForever

KirKanosForever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2008
    Oh, right, I forgot about Darklighter - it's not in the solicitations yet so it slipped past me. Really, while I'm happy to have many of these, if you'd asked me when the Epic lines began what my top 3 most wanted were, Shadows of the Empire would have been in there (with Dark Empire and Crimson Empire). And it's basically last

20. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    I've never even heard of Starfighter: Crossbones!

21. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    I do find it strange that they didn't collect the TCW comics, but they did include the Son of Dathomir comic, even though it's a TCW story and wasn't even considered Legends despite being published by Dark Horse until it was included in the Epic Collections. I don't know if they were trying to fill out that volume or what.

22. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    IIRC Leland(?) clarified a few years back that Son of Dathomir is both Canon and Legends, because it was based on a scrapped TCW arc and TCW is both.

23. gat-65b

gat-65b Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 13, 2022
    Was a tie-in to the Jedi Starfighter game. Starred one of the 3 leads from the game (the one with the best ship, no less). Nym was a Feorrin a species that is oddly similar to but not Nautolan (I don't know if out of universe they were just both developed at the same time but independently because with Kit Fisto being introduced in AOTC shortly therafter, you think they would have just made him Nautolon. I think I remember the art being nice though the story itself I've long since forgotten. From what I recall you got a better introduction to his crew (who feature as wingmen in the game).

Hamburger_Time likes this.
  24. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Near Mint Condition is teasing a Star Wars omni announcement tomorrow morning on their instagram. I have a feeling it’ll just be more of the Legends omnis but I’m hoping for some new canon material to get the omni treatment.

lordpixie and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    And they are:

Rebellion Volume 2 = grab-bag of stuff

Tales of the Jedi = Dawn of the Jedi + Tales of the Jedi

Depends on how greedy Marvel get on the price but I might be tempted by TotJ.

lordpixie and iPodwithnomusic like this.