main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    But he isn't, certainly not in the OT.
    He portrayed as a very smart Bounty Hunter who figures out where Han is hiding & what his route will be, allowing the Empire to arrive at Cloud City in advance.

The other Bounty Hunters all failed, implying Boba succeeded because he was smart & capable

So why is he dumb now?

I know what he was doing
    But surely he'd expect something to happen if he got that close

Also....what do Bathas actually eat?
    They have herbivore style flat teeth, but what is there to consume in the Dune Sea?

2. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I don't know but it's clear that this is the creative direction we're heading toward right now.

Fennec's intelligence compensates for Boba's stupidity.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thank the Force, episode 4 was so much better than episode 3. I feel like the show is back on track again.

mnjedi, Coruscant, Bor Mullet and 3 others like this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Seems Robert Rodriguez is not the right guy to be directing episodes of this show

mnjedi, Bor Mullet, Ghost and 2 others like this.
  5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    A few questions:

1. What is the timeline of this whole show? I very much appreciate if he actually spent several years with the Tuskens. It alleviates many of my earlier concerns. But it also makes it very weird if the biker gang took years to take vengeance. What is going on?
    2. Why would the Slave 1 just be sitting in the hangar of Jabba's palace untouched for several years? Why couldn't he just ask for it back? This whole plot point was bizarre.
    3. In what way did Bib Fortuna "betray" him? He fell into a hole.
    4. The dumbness of the whole sarlaac scene is evident enough that it doesn't need further commentary
    5. Lol, it literally was Max Rebo
    5. This is weird in that it mimics the basics of a crime-based show, but it still doesn't make sense. The Pyke Syndicate, as established, is simply selling drugs. That's the whole thing. How does that equate to "stealing the planet's wealth?" Again, what is actually going on? What is this supposed to be?

They really should have just made a Tusken Raider show.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe not, but to me the biggest problem with episode 3 was the writing, followed by the visual effects in that "chase". And somehow, his episode of The Mandalorian, featuring Boba's return, had none of the lame action and lack of tension issues that episode 3 of TBOBF had.

Princess_Tina and 3sm1r like this.
  7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    space chicken

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I thought his episode in Mando had a ton of very amateur-looking action scenes. The whole episode read as an expensive fan flick to me. Though there were also some very cool moments that compensated for that.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Bacon164, Sarge and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  9. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    well I enjoyed it , but I too am having trouble with the timeline in this. And why would he put himself in such danger to get his armor?

and doesn't he have any protective gear to put on when he goes back in the sarlacc?
    did we know Fennic was a robot before this ? is she a robot or just have bionic bits ?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  10. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Can I just also circle back on the whole thing about cyborg modification? It is an incredibly weird element. I don’t see how it’s supposed to fit into the world of Tatooine, why all the modifications seem aesthetic rather than functional, or where anyone is getting the skill/money to do this. Let alone the apparent ease of substituting doctors for mechanics among the freshly wounded. Yet they continue to push this hard.

11. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Fennec killed the Sarlacc. I am totally upset. She is an extremely cruel person.

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Thoughts in bold.
    There are other camps of Tuskens out there so I wouldn't worry -- they'll be back and in greater numbers.

Sarge likes this.
  13. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Re: The Biker Gang

Someone killed them all when he was gone, yes? But I got the impression that the train attack incident happened fairly early in his time with the Tuskens. It was before he was even made a member of the tribe. He did his whole vision quest afterwards, built his gaderffi stick, etc. Why was their such a huge gap between the events around the train attack and the biker gang coming to attack the Tuskens? How did all these other events have time to take place?

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Do we know that it was the biker gang that got revenge? It might have been the Pykes.

15. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I don't know why we have this in spoilers for an older episode. Anyway, on the one hand yes. We see their symbol in the ruins of the Tusken village, and the scene flashes back to their gang spray painting the same symbol onto the side of a house they raided in another part of Tatooine. On the other, I'm not certain it matters. No matter who orchestrated the attack on the Tuskens, they waited a very long time relative to the incident they were supposedly responding to.

16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Not just the women, but the children.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Maybe because revenge is a dish best served cold? :p

18. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    We know because graffiti. The real question is, did he kill the South West chapter by mistake?

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  19. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    All that dictates is a nocturnal attack. Deserts commonly have pretty extreme temperature swings, and even in the Sahara it drops below freezing almost nightly.

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    OK but that premise is built on the assumption that Tatooine has similar weather patterns as those of our planet. Is there really enough factual evidence to support such an assumption beyond any reasonable doubt?

21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Maybe, now you're making think of Son of Anarchy & Mayans and if the show is going to delve into that level of biker gang detail.

My only thought is what if the graffiti was a plant like when the Empire went to the trouble of putting Gaffi Sticks and Bantha tracks at the Sandcrawler they destroyed when they were trying to find R2/3PO in "A New Hope". Was it important that the Empire hide their involvement on the planet as to not upset the Hutt Clan then also?

Darth Punk likes this.
  22. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    No, I’m pretty sure it was just graffiti

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Seriously though….
    The Quadrophenia Cyber Hipsters, and the Biker gangs take me out of it a little. They’re too Earth-based. Like sure, they have something like we have here, but why they gotta have denim jackets with chapter affiliated patches?

Sarge, Master_Lok, Coruscant and 2 others like this.
  24. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I like to think

that the sarlacc isn't dead and the season finale will feature it's revenge.

Sarge and TiniTinyTony like this.
  25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Getting caught up on the thread
    Fixed.