main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Agent Carter

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jan 7, 2014.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I liked season 2 more than season 1, but I enjoyed the show overall. James D'Arcy stole every scene he was in.

Blame_It_On_Lucas likes this.
  2. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    I personally liked Season 1 better but both seasons were still very good. The only slight flaw for me was the "network TV" feel it had because of it airing on ABC. I sometimes wish Disney would work with Haley to give us a Season 3 with a Disney+ budget to properly close the series.

The writers and directors of Endgame can't seem to agree on this but my personal interpretation is that Steve somehow is in the same timeline and was ALWAYS there in the shadows as we witnessed the MCU unfolding. Otherwise it doesn't make sense why he's there at the end to give Sam the shield. That means he was always Peggy's husband.

Another thing is that Endgame didn't erase the events of Agent Carter. In the script (not explicitly stated though on screen) is that Steve comes back to Peggy in 1949, which is 2 years after Agent Carter Season 2. Plus in the Making of Marvel Studios book that came out this past Fall, it heavily implies that Agent Carter is canon.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    Sarge and Rew like this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Ok well if nothing else, there's still hope.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd agree with what Rokur said. Weaker than the first season, but it knows its tone. The move from NYC to LA gives it a nice change of pace and they do a few unexpected things in their room to experiment there. In a way, it has strokes in certain episodes that might feel like a predecessor to WandaVision. Though it's very much still grounded in that SHIELD-like balance of drama and light humor.

It also connects to SHIELD Season 4 (and, indirectly, Season 1, Cloak and Dagger and Doctor Strange).

They aren't plotholes- they're plot threads for future seasons that never happened. There's a big difference there.

While that can't be completely ruled out, him passing on the shield is explained by him taking the extra set of pym particles in the 70's. So he's able to take his original "drop off the stones" round trip + 1 long-term side-stop to live out his life with Peggy before returning.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's generally what I meant. There's characters introduced in the second season that still have story left to tell.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    If there was a season three to Agent Carter I would have liked to see more of Dottie and her connection to the Red Room program; especially in light of the Black Widow movie.

PCCViking, Sarge, BigAl6ft6 and 2 others like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Dottie was certainly an interesting character. Her story is among those that would've been interesting to see what became of it in subsequent seasons.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyway what really happened was Steve had his one dance with Peggy, the TVA popped up and zapped him away for being a variant, fixed his shield, and he became an ass-kicking time cop for decades, fulfilling the character arc of Steve promised in Age of Ultron where he's a soldier at heart. "It was beautiful."

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But that's Steve's story. Ok, it was great for him.

I'd like to know Peggy's future.

10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    This is why time travel and multiverse branches are bad.

11. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Jan 29, 2004
    I subscribe to the "basement Steve" theory. Personally I think it's more powerful that he was always in the prime timeline with Prime Peggy. At this point any criticism of Steve going back to Peggy would stick whether he's in the Prime timeline or a multiverse branch so he might as well be in the Prime, imo.

Sarge likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The thing about basement Steve is that he kept his mouth shut about all the horrible things to come, multiverse Steve is that him and Peggy went on kick ass adventures stopping all the horrible things before they happened.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  13. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Jan 29, 2004
    Peggy and Steve whooping ass is undeniably awesome but one could argue that couldn't have happened at that point since the TVA would've gotten involved because that would've branched too far from history, no?

My read was that in Loki, the TVA seemed to corroborate indirectly that what the Avengers did in Endgame and by extension, Steve going back to Peggy, were not TVA red flags because it was all meant to occur in the Prime timeline. I don't know. This whole TVA thing and timing with Sylvie's act just muddies a lot of scenarios.

Fun times.

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The closest we got to explaining Endgame's time travel was that "it was supposed to happen" but then the baddies turned out to be lying the whole time anyway so who knows. Also I think the multiverse goes completely sideways when Sylvie, Loki and Good Not Kang have their meet up and then Good Not Kang can't see the future anymore.

Which hell and always fun to note, is exactly the same timecode in the final episode when Wanda becomes the Scarlet Witch! And lets just throw in Spider-Man No Way Home Peter screwing up the spell for good measure!

"Oh god, you don't know what you've done."
    "We just crossed the threshold."
    "Hello, Peter."

(last bit from No Way Home isn't exact same timecode as when the event happens in Wandavision and Loki and quotes stolen from youtube link but y'know what I mean.

Also No Way Home and Wandavision happen at different points in the year but hey Loki, Sylvie and Not Kang are outside of space and time so sure why not.)

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2022
    Sarge likes this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Honestly? A season of Agent Carter running missions for Isaiah Bradley Cap would be amazing...

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I had to look him up because I never heard of him before. But why would she need to run missions for him? It's her show and it would be extremely disappointing if she was only rebooted to serve as second fiddle to some new MCU character known only through his comics.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Also, I get the impression that the nature of Bradley's Cap was for a single mission or two before he was punished/studied. So having him running multiple missions under Carter would change the nature of his story. Also, one presumes that he whole point of a third AC season would be to wrap up the storylines already started by the series.

Juliet316 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Again I'm unfamiliar with that other Cap; but I guess if his stories coincide with the late 1940s/50s era where Peggy makes her mark as AC, I guess it's possible. And I'd buy into the Bradley CA working for AC version far more than AC doing missions for Bradley.

Jedi Merkurian and PCCViking like this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's what DP was suggesting- that she'd be in charge of the missions Bradley was performing.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Oh ok. I read she'd be working for him; not vice versa.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That could easily suggest she's working for him.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes, but everyone else understood what I meant since, you know, Peggy's in charge of SHIELD... :p

Yodaminch likes this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well technically not yet; not during the timeframe of the AC episodes.

If there's going to be any sort of a reboot of a Peggy Carter series, I hope they don't just do an immediate time-jump to where she's the acting director of SHIELD; where it's nothing more than a "period piece" version of the Agents of SHIELD (but set in the 1970s). When the AC series got cancelled, it left some significant plot-holes. I'd be far more interested in a Season 3 story of the original series than an older Peggy operating with SHIELD. Even if they decided to end the series with a half dozen episodes (maybe 50 min each) and then start a new season (maybe even under a new name) that time-jumps to the '70s.