main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Agent Carter

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jan 7, 2014.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, even if they do do a Season 3, there'd likely be a time jump to account for Haley being 8-10 years older than we last saw her in the show once they start filming (not that she's aged much since then, but she'd clearly not be picking up where she left off and you'd still have to accommodate any other returning actors who may have aged more noticeably). Have to retcon the timeline a bit and rework the storylines planned for Season 3 to be set a couple years later than they were originally planned to, to accommodate the shift or restructure them to involve limited flashbacks where makeup and CG could be applied on a TV budget).

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's interesting to consider the aging; since when you see her as CC in Strange 2 she's pretty much the way Hayley looks now; albeit with a body suit. Obviously she's supposed to be the same age as CC as she was as 1940s Peggy.

Sarge likes this.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    They already did the Time Jump thing in Agents of SHIELD with Sousa, so even if the did a Season 3 of Agent Carter he might not be in it or he could appear further down the line as a result of the time travel he did in AoS.

There would have to be a bit of a time gap, maybe focus on stuff happening in the 60s or something?
    Not because Atwell looks old, but her body shape has changed because of the muscle she put on for Mission Impossible so having her appear in a new series of the show set immediately after S2 would be awkward if she looks different

Juliet316 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Fair enough; but the cancellation of the original series with the plot-holes still left a bad taste in my mouth.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I agree, but at least AoS tried to do something with the Sousa stuff that was left unresolved.
    The rest will probably be explained in some comic or whatever, just like what happened after The Clone Wars got cancelled

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If they continue the series it should be set after Sousa ran away through time with Coulson and Co. and instead have Peggy's domestic life with Steve as a part of the show instead of having a non-Steve love interest she works with like in S1&2.

Sarge likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But that would retcon all of Agent Carter.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    ah just fiddle with the timeline to have Steve return from his jaunt to live with Peggy after S2, it'll work out fine.

Sarge likes this.
  9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This is Disney. Pick up exactly where we left off. They can just use the CGI de-aging technology to look exactly like she did the day the first episode was shot.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Not sure they'd consider doing that for the main start of a show. It's one thing to do it for Luke's on again/off again roles in Mando, BOBF, and wherever else he winds up; but the camera would be focused on Peggy's actions most of the time. It just wouldn't seem natural.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Nice little pickup at a booth today at a local comic con. Custom made, of course. It's a button.

[​IMG]

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    An interesting recent article about the show, featuring an interview with Haley about Peggy's relationship status in the MCU timeline.

Hayley Atwell on How 'The Winter Soldier' Changed Peggy Carter's Family At the Last Minute

"I remember when I was filming it, the prop master had put a framed photograph on Peggy's bedside, of Peggy with her husband and her children, and Louis de Esposito ran over just before we started rolling, going "take that out. We don't know yet. We don't want to limit ourselves by kind of suggesting this is who she's married." And so that was taken out. And I thought, "OK, that's really interesting."

And so that I think what they're so good at, they're so good at giving the audience what they want and exceeding the expectations. And I think that's why they're always aware of just feeding the amount of information that the audience need to know, to keep engaged, but also delighting them and surprising them with, with new information."

It's like they were already planning Endgame's finale well in advance.

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  13. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Not gonna lie, when I saw this thread get bumped, I was afraid Disney+ had decided to remove the show for a tax write-off. :p

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Too late now- there are already blu-rays out there! Phew!

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Sarge likes this.