main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Agent Carter

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jan 7, 2014.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Agent Carter Details

The pair confirm the pilot script has been written and Atwell is interested in returning as Peggy Carter. Dominic Cooper is also expected to have a recurring role as Tony Stark's father Howard Stark.

The series will be set in the year 1946, the same timeline as seen in the "Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter" short film. Markus says "If you cut the One-Shot directly right down the middle, and you don't get to the next morning, you've got a whole show in there."

At present the pilot still does not have a green light yet, though ABC and Disney are said to be happy with the script. If it is to go forward, the show would be a limited series - running for thirteen episodes or less each season.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Bear in mind, the 'limited episode season' was what they originally said about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as well, IIRC.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I bet this will cost a fortune to film.

4. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    No, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was given a 13 episode order with the option of a full season pick up, just like most shows. If this is greenlit with a specific 'limited series' billing, then it will be just that. After the success of Falling Skies and then Under the Dome spawning multiple properties going down the path of 10 to 13 episode limited runs it isn't surprising for them to take that route with Agent Carter. While there is the potential for AoS to get stuck in continuity issues, given it's scope it actually doesn't have as many problems in that sense. Whereas an AC series has to deal with the fact that it ties into Iron Man's backstory through Howard Stark, aspects of Cap's history, and more importantly the creation of S.H.I.E.L.D. which has a flow-on effect for any future movie that deals with the agency. A limited runmeans that they need to script the whole thing up front each year and won't back themselves into any corners.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm always up for shorter seasons.

6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    6 seasons and a movie?

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the limited series has more to do with the cost of filming a post-WW2 period film than continuity issues (they've probably got a decade's worth of time before the next point of established Howard Stark history, etc). Digital backdrops (or digitally removing modern elements from location shoots), sets, costumes, etc would all be in higher use and of higher cost than a present day setting.

8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Hayley Atwell is waaaay better than Johansson .

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    They are both equally good. This is why we can't have nice things.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Hayley's nice , mmmmmmmmmmmmm Hayley Atwell !

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Ummmm creepy...

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's a Homer impersonation.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Agent Carter to potentially bridge SHIELD's half seasons.

The report indicates the network is also considering a pickup for Marvel's "Agent Carter" limited series which would see Hayley Atwell reprising her role as Peggy Carter from the "Captain America" films.

One potential plan would be to split the second season of "S.H.I.E.L.D." into two halves - one for this Fall, one for next spring. Then the shorter run (likely 13 episode) "Agent Carter" series would "serve as a bridge", taking over the timeslot and filling in the gap between the two halves.

There's also creative possibilities here, the pair of shows could play with each other - setting up story elements in the early days of the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization in 'Carter' that would pay off in a post-"Winter Soldier" era "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.".

I think that's a great idea- for shows that can't run non-stop seasons like 24 and Lost, the split-season structure, IMO, has always been the superior option (as SFC once did with the Stargate shows and others) since it avoids spreading new content out amongst random reruns- a problem that SHIELD has had to deal with in particular since they needed to space things out for the timing with Winter Soldier.

Split the season, so the show can achieve the viewing momentum it needs, while still spacing things out til Avengers 2- and then we get AC in the middle to hold us over. Also avoids having two Marvel shows airing at the same time to avoid saturation on ABC's lineup.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Figured this would be a good time to up this, now that ABC has officially picked the series up.

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I am so stoked.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  17. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    This is exactly what I want to see: John Carter, back from Mars, working for the U.S. government, in drag. That is the plot of the show, right?

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So am I. Loved her in The First Avenger.

19. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    No, it's about G14 classified detective James Carter, damn it! Why doesn't anybody see that?

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No, it's clearly about Gary Carter and his secret life as a CIA agent- all set against the backdrop of the 1986 World Series.

His handler is Mr. Met.

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    And still, no one has seen through Billy Carter's cover. The man is an undercover operative genius.

Havac likes this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It would be cool if the Agent Carter covers Arnim Zola. I'm sure the modern Agents of SHIELD will find an unsolved case by Agent Carter.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I am stoked for this most definitely!

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Using Zola to setup HYDRA's survival is something i would expect out of this series.

25. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I want to see some Winter Soldier in this too. CA: TWS hinted at his history but didn't show much. I want to see him assassinate some politicians or something