main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel's Bounty Hunters (March 2020)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthzac14, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Did you ever go to the Dug's house where the guy has a bounty and he has a giant Sebulba poster on his wall and his bed is shaped like a podracer? Good stuff.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    JediFett10 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right!!!! Geez that video brings back memories. That game was nuts. Totally underappreciated.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Where's Hondo, is he safe, is he alright? Also on more serious i wonder how him and his gang seperated.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes, this has been known for months by the six people reading this comic. ;)

Golbolco likes this.
  6. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Preview for issue #11, via SW.com:
    "Beilert Valance recruits a rival to help track down Han Solo. Whether they'll succeed — or at least not kill each other — remains to be seen. Meanwhile, Bossk awakens on the forest planet Malastare to find himself the hunted..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I might've jumped a little when I saw that dude in the cape and goggles [face_clown] Biscuit Serf here is totally cosplaying as the galactic fashion ICON in my av

7. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I should probably get around to catching up with this comic (I think I read the first two issues) before the Giant Marvel Crossover Event... just hasn't interested me one bit for some reason.

8. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    It's not bad and there are some very cool aspects of it, most of which would be even better if it was overall just a bit more focused and involving. I'm always going to like Valance, and there are some side characters who have a lot of potential. The book just kind of tends to move from one thing to another a bit too quickly.

9. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I'm also really far behind on this series but jumped back in with this issue anyway because hey, it promised sick Bossk art. Was thankfully pretty easy to follow and included some setup for the War of the Bounty Hunters event:

Wow okay, we really are Muunifesting this week! We get a new Muun or two, and Bib Fortuna, and Grummgar, and Bossk in a punch-out with Grummgar.

The main Muun, Second Vice Chair Exum Jermit (fancy!), chose "a mysterious competitor over the Hutts as a business partner," in the words of Bib. Jermit "can't renege on the deal with the client... You don't know who... what you are up against!" I'm gonna guess this competitor/client is the same hooded character teased in this event wraparound cover. (It would indeed be cool if that's Qi'ra, as I've seen many speculating/hoping for, though I think I've seen Xizor brought up even more often.)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-november-2021-star-wars-comics-exclusive
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #18

ETHAN SACKS (W) • RAMON BACHS (A)
    COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    LUCASFILM ANNIVERSARY VARIANT
    COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
    VARIANT COVER BY Daniel Acuña

THE GALAXY’S GREATEST!

• In the wake of the shocking events of WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS, the underworld has become more dangerous than ever.
    • T’ONGA has assembled the greatest team of bounty hunters in the galaxy — including BOSSK, ZUCKUSS and TASU LEECH for a special mission!
    • Can she keep them from killing each other long enough to become a real team while she grieves the loss of an old friend?

11. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-december-2021-star-wars-comics-preview
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #19

ETHAN SACKS (W) • RAMON BACHS (A) • COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

LUCASFILM ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
    VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU

CHAOS SPREADS THROUGH THE UNDERWORLD!

• As Crimson Reign has ignited the underworld in all-out war, T’ONGA’s team of bounty hunters – including BOSSK, ZUCKUSS and TASU LEECH – are running out of time to save the one young girl who can stop the conflict between syndicates!
    • A mysterious bounty hunter is out to assassinate a high ranking Imperial officer in a daring hit on a heavily armed cruiser. But was the hunter given the right target?

SWpants likes this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-january-2022-star-wars-comics-exclusive
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #20

ETHAN SACKS (W) • PAOLO VILLANELLI (A) • COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

LUCASFILM 50TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
    VARIANT COVER BY KEN LASHLEY

FORLORN FOR 4-LOM!

• T’ONGA and her bounty hunters are desperate to recover 4-LOM for their mission…but the upgraded killer droid is the one hunting them aboard a ghost ship.
    • Can ZUCKUSS survive a reunion with his onetime partner?
    • Meanwhile, VUKORAH makes her move…and the criminal underworld will never be the same!

13. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    I really liked this issue. For me one of the stronger ones in the Bounty Hunters event. The art was exceptional in my opinion. We got some real cool glimpses into the inside of the Executor and the twist of Vader recruiting Valance was brilliant and I didn't see that coming at all. Also I really liked the aesthetic of the Imperial Officer they introduced, hope she gets some more appearances. The scene with Qi'ra and Vukorah really does make me fear for Cadeliahs fate though, if Qi'ra had her killed, that would really underscore that she is definetely not a nice person. This was a lot better than the Star Wars issue released the same day

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  15. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh hey Ramon Bachs, who did Open Seasons and Jedi vs. Sith, nice to see him again.

Jango_Fettish likes this.
  16. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    [​IMG] [\SPOILER]

17. theorenwulf

Jul 12, 2015
    While I know most people don't care about them, I've always had a soft spot for the Bounty Hunter comics. Forcing Valance to work for Vader and hunt down Crimson Dawn is an intresting move, but I hope he regains some agency and isn't just ordered around, because sending him after one Crimson Dawn agent after the next could get boring quickly. Though Ochi being his boss and an Agent of Crimson Dawn could make this plot line more intresting. I'm not convinced the Empire would spare an entire Rebel base just to recruit Valance though, I hope this is a ruse. Then again if I rememeber correctly the base might have already been attacked by the Unbroken Clan anyway and Cadeliahs fate is definetely still up in the air. I do hope it gets resolved within the next couple of issues. Seeing T'onga and crew deal with their issues in this one was nice, but it would be cool to see them actually go to find Cadeliah soon. I do have to say, I'm starting to like Zuckuss more and more, he was really good in this issue, maybe separating him from 4-LOM is an opportunity to grow the character in a different direction.

Pius Dea Crusader likes this.
  18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Between T'onga's team, Ochi's new team, Valance getting a squadron, Qira's various teams in Crimson Reign, the fun bounty hunter group from the Zuckuss one shot, the Umbese team so on and etc, the comics have been really going all out on fun teams of colorful mercenaries and assassins straight out of someone's rpg sessions. I love it.

Pius Dea Crusader likes this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvels-march-2022-star-wars-comics-exclusive-preview
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #21

Written by ETHAN SACKS
    Art by PAOLO VILLANELLI
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

T’ONGA’S BOUNTY HUNTERS FACE THEIR

DEADLIEST MISSION YET!

• T’ONGA, BOSSK, TASU LEECH, ZUCKUSS, 4-LOM and LOSHA are plotting to kidnap the leader of a major crime syndicate.
    • But is the crew walking into a trap?
    • And what is the diabolical DENGAR planning that could jeopardize everything?

MercenaryAce likes this.
  20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  21. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh no, she has become Thor!

Cool connections to the cadet solo comics.

And tie defenders being decomissioned eh? Interesting - we knew in rebels they stopped Defender production but I wasn't aware they decomissioned the fighters that had been made...wonder if production eventually starts up again - they are flyable in squadrons, but only in multiplayer.
    Wonder why Vader didn't give them missiles though. Given they are decimating a tie fighter squad, I doubt it is to avoid harming crewmen besides the target.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The lack of tail extension, and the shortness of the wings, suggest that those are Season 3 TIE Defenders rather than the Season 4 Advanced TIE Defenders. Those don't come with missiles as standard equipment.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  23. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Still is an interesting choice for Vader to bust out the older models rather than the elites. Not like the higher cost would be an issue for his personal squadron.

Perhaps simply more regular defenders were made and left over after production ceased?

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. theorenwulf

Jul 12, 2015
    Last issue fell a bit flat for me. I liked Valance havung to go after a former hero of his, but I didn't really feel that this issue really dealt with what this means for him. Killing the guy could have been a really character defining moment and I didn't get the feeling here. Will be intresting to see how much we get to know about his squadron mates, the survivours both seem kinda intresting. T'Onga and her team are meanwhile really treading water. Apart from reminding us yet again about the chaos Crimson Dawn caused in the underworld it didn't do anything at all. Going after 4-LOM and dealing with the further implocations of the Zuckuss and 4-LOM one-shot might finally get this storyline miving though. The only part of the issue I loved was Vaders reveal that the Admiral wasn't actually Crimson Dawn. I do wonder though what he is planning, since he really seems to be going after Imperials indiscriminatelly recently and the issue whether those he kills/has killed are actually Crimson Dawn was raised in the past. His reasoning why the Admiral needed to die, despite not being Crimson Dawn was sound, but I wonder if there isn't more to it

25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011