main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Daredevil (Born Again, Again, Being Filmed Again)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Universal owns Namor. As far as I know it is their only character.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    lol that's so stupid who the hell wants to see another fantastic four movie? its been like 2 years and nobody saw the other two. they had mitt romney in them for christssake

3. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    It has been seven years since F4 2.

4. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    do you think that's an acceptable amount of time to pass between rebooting the damn fantastic damn four?

5. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    my follow up question would be "how old are you?" but im afraid of what the answer might be. specifically im afraid you might hold up fingers and grin sheepishly "this many"

Ender Sai likes this.
  6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I remember seeing the Silver Surfer fim in a jury waiting area. It makes the MCU look like The Godfather.

Penguinator likes this.
  7. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    im choosing to interpret that post as "criminal charges were brought against the parties responsible for the fantastic four movies and i, darth guy, was on the jury"

it makes the world seems a little less cold and unfeeling to me

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's a reboot and Fox wants to start unifying their Marvel properties so expect FF to crossover with X-Men eventually.

Hulk got rebooted in 5 years. Spidey in 5 years. Punisher in 4. Batman now in 3. FF has had 7 or more by time the reboot hits.

It's a major Marvel property (more or less launching Marvel and the Silver Age, and continuing to be among the more important characters in the MU), and even the crappy first film turned a good profit so naturally they'd want to try again.

As for Namor, he was supposed to be tied to the FF rights at Fox but somehow Universal has him now- though I would imagine Marvel us trying to get him back.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    1. Every Hulk movie is terrible

2. The new Spiderman wasn't really good

3. Has anyone ever watched any of the Punisher films to begin with?

4. Most people also feel the Batman reboot is too soon

I don't see how this makes a strong point.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I didn't get on a jury that time, but the second time the case actually went to trial and got to convict a borderline mentally disabled homeless man of trespassing on an abandoned residential property so he'd have somewhere decent to sleep (the property management company was pressing charges). I would have rather convicted studio execs of making a crappy film, that's for sure.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I don't mind reboots at all. Hulk stuff is pretty dull though.

Also the Punisher was hilariously bad. My friends and I got a lot of mileage out of quoting/mocking it in high school when we were supposed to be doing work.

12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    The new Spiderman is leaps and bounds (lol, puns) better than the Raimi films. And yes I have seen all the Punisher films. The 2004 one is the only decent one.

Batman being rebooted helps remove the stain of Dark Knight Rises.

Penguinator likes this.
  13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The new Spiderman didn't have a villain with coherent motivations and never had Peter Parker do a single thing that didn't personally benefit him. Which is a pretty stark failure for a film that's supposed to be about a hero.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I assume you're implying he had an enormous erection when he saved that kid from the falling 4WD off the bridge? That's the only way he could have benefitted from it. And I admit, I just watched it again on cable but I didn't stare at his junk so YMMV.

Souderwan and Lazy Storm Trooper like this.
  15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    im surprised the fantastic four film managed to turn a profit considering the marketing department made the critical mistake of not transporting the film back in time to 1974 where normal people might have given a **** about it

16. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
  17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    All of those, except Batman, are not dependent on the reboot timeframe- but even then, the point is FF has had more downtime than most other franchises before a reboot.

That said, ASM was good (though weak 3rd act, granted) & the '04 Punisher is one of my favorites. Marvel should just fund Thomas Jane in making more Dirty Laundry-like shorts.

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Orrrrr, since he's already moved to TV with Hung, just do the smart thing and make a Punisher TV series?

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Even better, but I'm willing to accept baby steps.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Quest, I just want to say I'm glad someone else is speaking up for Hensleigh's Punisher film. Given budgetary constraints (film not being shot in NY) it was still a damned good tale, and with the right level of cheese for a comic book. But Thomas Jane was a perfect Frank Castle.

Darth-Lando and Darth_Invidious like this.
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I concur. Though Ray Stevenson looked the part as portrayed in the comics better, Jane found the character, kept him human (broken, but still human) without making him a complete psychopath. And the ultimate defeat on the villains felt like punishment more so than anything else. It wasn't just a shoot-'em'all revenge. Messing with their heads and making them do terrible things to those they cared about was very unique feeling.

Dingo likes this.
  23. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Yay, Daredevil. Now's Marvel's chance to finally pair him with Spiderman like in the comics. Honestly, you would think it would have been done by now, though, as more crossover appeal would be ratings gold, I would imagine.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    And even battling through the henchmen to get to the last of the Saints (the last son, and Howard) was so Punisher. Has the bow for stealth, then the M4, then the shotgun, then the handguns.

Much better than Spiderman 2, in any event! Jabba-wocky

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No Spidey crossover- while Marvel technically would have the rights to make their own Spider-Man for TV who just could never appear or be referenced in an MCU movie, these shows, like SHIELD, are meant to be extensions of the MCU and so they're sticking to the same restrictions (ie: no mutants, Spidey, etc).