main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Daredevil (Born Again, Again, Being Filmed Again)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    That really is a shame then imo because there was nothing quite like seeing Fantastic Four, Shield, X-Men, Avengers, etc. teaming up together in the comics + cartoons.

Still is copacetic to see a Daredevil series in general, though, no doubt about that, and hopefully one day--sooner rather than later--we may see the crossovers happen in other reboots or something of the like.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You'll eventually see X-Men and Fantastic Four crossover. But, sadly, yeah, we're unlikely to see them all assemble for quite some time. Maybe in 15 years when either rights revert or the studios are ready to cash in for a big event film to revitalize franchises. But until then, Marvel has 2.5 phases of plans already, Sony has probably almost a decade's worth of Spidey planned and Fox is busy rebooting FF, continuing X-Men (APocalypse), spinning of X-Men (X-Force, etc) and crossing them all over.

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

"HOWARD SAINT!"
    "You killed my son!"
    *distant scream and explosion*
    "...both of them."

The2ndQuest likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    If you quote the movie, I'll only love it more.

BTW, not to sidetrack this with more talk of characters other than Daredevil, but for those that may not have heard of it before, this is Dirty Laundry:

(WARNING: LANGUAGE AND VIOLENCE)

Ender Sai likes this.
  5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah that whole scene, and the preceding one with John Saint ("You look like a strong kid. Ever try isometrics? This anti-personnel mine only weighs about 8 pounds. Not much, but try holding it with an outstretched arm. Hell of a workout") is so perfectly Frank to me. The former solider, the planner, the thinker - he punishes John Saint but manages to also punish Howard at the same time.

i want to watch this again...

StrikerKOJ and Penguinator like this.
  6. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I read the Garth Ennis run that it was inspired by and I liked the movie a lot more :p

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah I still have a bagged and boarded War Zone #1, from like 1991 or 1992. Frank "tortures" Mickey with an icecream in that too. The only Marvel I really read was Punisher, so I was geeking out in theatres when I saw the film.

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    His helping in that situation was coincidental to the fact that he was already on the scene tracking the Lizard, who has a formula developed by his father, and which he, Peter Parker, is interested in. The maneuver cost him little in the way of time and nothing in terms of risk or personal safety. We live in a miserable, worthless society if the bar is so low that preventing a child's death when it doesn't at all inconvenience the interventionist is going to be hailed as heroism.

This new Peter Parker is not worthy of the name. The Punisher is more altruistic than him. Apocalypse has contributed more positive things to human society. I suspect that Sinister Six feature film is only happening because the studio executives realized the audience wanted someone to root for, not some sneering libertarian jerk of a teenager.

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    yeah he didn't behave like a sixteen year old kid still figuring out responsibility and all that. At all. Better to be an 18 year old who looks 26, has mild spectrum autism, and sounds like a stroke victim?

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Sixteen year olds can make mistakes and be selfish intermittently. But you aren't going to get away with the excuse of youth in explaining why he never did a single selfless act all. People of all ages can muster that. He might've even just done one as a normal person, without any use of superpowers at all. Apparently he was too irredeemably awful for that too, though.

And we won't even get into the way the movie was cheerleading for him as he glibly ignored a vow he made to a dying man--a man who had died to save him.

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Me, I'm curious as to what direction they'll take with Daredevil. Marvel Knights, the current ongoing, the Miller era?

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Last I'd read was when his identity got known. That still a thing?

13. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Oh yeah.

[​IMG]

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    They'll probably pick what they like, but going with a grittier take on Mark Waid's run would make sense. The MCU is pretty light-hearted, after all. It would fit right in.

15. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
  16. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Have they cast a lead yet? I don't remember anything being announced on who was replacing Batfleck as DD.

17. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Not yet. But since they're filming in the summer they'll have to start casting pretty soon. I expect we'll know within a month or two.

18. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He looks like Bullseye ;)

20. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    He was great on Boardwalk Empire. I like this choice a lot.

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe he will be better than Affleck's Daredevil?

22. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000

That's not asking much.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I like him. Good choice.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    He was pretty awesome in Stardust and could hold up, at least reasonably well, with Robert de Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer...

25. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I've never seen him in anything and that's OK. I like that he's a relative unknown. Let's just hope he does a good job!