main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Eternals

Discussion in 'Community' started by PimpBacca, May 24, 2021.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I like that part of the trailer seems specifically made to answer the question/comment everyone had after the teaser re: not interferring and Thanos [face_laugh].

This is actually a really good trailer, though. The comedy stinger is far less awkward and much more effective in this one than the last. Only thing missing is maybe a hint at Deviant motivations and/or what the Emergence is.

2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm still not sure how the Black Knight will fit in with this.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Somewhere within the camera frame.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I admire and am open to anything made by Chloe Zhao, but especially in comparison to Shang-Chi, this looks intensely boring.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Have you seen how most of her movies look? :p

Nomadland looked the same way and was apparently amazing...

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    My first thought was, "That's not how you spell The Quickening."

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Nomadland was incredible. I, however, think this looks more interesting in comparison to how Black Widow or Shang-Chi looked from their respective trailers, so YMMV.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, for clarity -- I'm not saying Nomadland was bad (or the trailers were bad), but the Nomadland trailer looked boring and still intrigued me (I did not see the film). So if The Eternals trailers seem boring, I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing.

Chloe Zhao has earned enough of the benefit of the doubt.

PymParticles likes this.
  9. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I like that the aesthetic is a bit different than a lot of the other MCU films. Looking forward to this one.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    If we're talking about the same kid, I know it sounds stupid but I thought she reminded me of the kid from Waterworld.
    [​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    It's definitely an intriguing trailer. Looks like one of these types of movies that will feature CG special effects every five minutes or so. As a non-comic buff, I know absolutely zero about the Eternals; but then again I didn't know a thing about GOTG and enjoyed those movies.

11. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    First trailer set up the tone. This trailer sets up the story.

Pretty cool how Marvel is completely owning the in universe fallout of Infinity War and Endgame as the driving plot factor in multiple movies and series.

Also looks like Richard Madden could be playing a sort of Superman type character. He was a fan favorite fir the role years ago. Playing a Superman type really frees him up to make this character his own while still instantly familiar as a start point.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    No, he's talking about Barry (The Killing of a Sacred Deer) Keoghan.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    @Ahsoka's Tano LOL, no. I was talking about George from Dunkirk who is playing Druig in Eternals which means nothing to me. And what @soitscometothis said.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Oh ok. I was talking about the child among the Eternals.

15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah I don't know who the child is, but I got Arya Stark / Anakin Skywalker (Jake Lloyd) vibes.

16. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    He’ll probably be the Everyman character as he’s not an Eternal, but is Sersi’s present day human boyfriend. I’m sure he’ll inherit the armor we saw in the teaser though.

soitscometothis likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    EDIT- Whoops, nevermind! The trailer actually says the Snap happened 5 years ago, not the Unsnappening. For a moment, I thought we had our first Phase 6 movie!

18. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I think "the Emergence" is one of those deep in the weeds references for comics fans of The Eternals (for the dozens of them I assume are out there anyway). I've only read the Gaiman run but I think I know what it will end up being.

In that run there was a sleeping Celestial buried in the Earth. It's awakening was never referred to by a specific name but I think the movie is going to be centered around a variation of the concept that run was based on.

BTW in that run ...

one of the Eternals was ultimately responsible, willingly so, for that "Emergence". So I'm half expecting a traitor amongst us angle as well.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    you know how they often like to cast unknowns in a role so whatever they've done before isn't in people's minds?... people might think this is dumb...but when i see Angelina Jolie it kind of takes me out of it. i see her and i just think of the tabloid stuff . From the weirdness with Billy Bob, to her brother to Brad and the kids.

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The child? I think you're talking about Sprite. Sprite is thousands of years old like the rest of them and is the trickster of the bunch.

21. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    It’s so cute how they think they have to explain away the MCU continuity issue…in the trailer. Why wait?

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Because the non-intervention vs Thanos issue was the only question everyone was asking after seeing the teaser trailer.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Tickets are on sale now.

24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I think this is an excellent opportunity. Sir Percy's modern name should be "Master P", and he should be played by rapper and Nickelodeon television actor Percy Robert Miller.

25. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Today is the press screening of the movie. Later tonight social media reactions ( not reviews) will be allowed!

Juliet316 likes this.