main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Falcon & Winter Soldier [Disney+]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bilbo Fett, May 20, 2019.

1. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    According to Wandavision, the accords are still in place and Sharon is wanted for helping Steve and team so it'll be interesting to see Sam and Bucky's status regarding that.

Just came across interview w/composer Henry Jackman:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    wobbits, BigAl6ft6, Juliet316 and 3 others like this.
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Why Bucky finds Sam annoying. The premise of their buddy cop relationship.

[​IMG]

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    As awesome as the trailer was Zemo with the purple mask is the best.

He said his job wasn't finished, I wonder what he means? He was literally going to blow his head off till Black Panther stopped him. Maybe he just really wanted Bucky dead out of all of it too and before he was going to eat a bullet I think he just assumed Tony would have done the deed.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  4. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    The masked girl who kicked Bucky's ass according the Falcon is a new character played by Erin Kellyman ( Solo's Enfys Nest).

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That shot of her smirking before pulling down the mask is really great.

wobbits and Ghost like this.
  6. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    Good article here about fatws.
    I hope the show handles these political and social issues they decide to tackle with care and without fear.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    That article does cover some of the analogies of recent political and social issues that can be found in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but that's not really anything know to long time comic book readers, especially of Marvel as the X-Men were often used to be a vehicle for Marvel to tell such stories. More recently, Marvel's Civil War which was held as an allegory of a post 9/11 world, where there was much debate of government oversight vs. civil liberties. Additionally, I felt quite a few of the MCU have had political and social commentaries, none more than Black Panther; the allegories of the ideologies of Dr. Martin Luther King and Malcom X is in the DNA of Black Panther's lead protagonist and antagonist.

I really hope that Falcon and the Winter Soldier is as good as Black Panther in touching on the political and social ills, especially since I heard a couple of comments that think Falcon and the Winter Soldier is a step backwards from Wandavision in terms of the feels and the evolution of comic book based media; that FatWS is just another "super hero" punch the bad guys series.

It would be great if Falcon and the Winter Soldier goes into...
    the story arc Truth: Red, White & Black, featuring Isiah Bradley character, aka, the Black Captain America.

[​IMG]

Set in the Marvel Universe, the series takes the Tuskegee Experiments as inspiration for a tale that re-examines the history of the super-serum that created Captain America. Beginning in 1942, the series follows a regiment of black soldiers who are forced to act as test subjects in a program attempting to re-create the lost formula earlier used to turn Steve Rogers into Captain America. The experiments lead to mutation and death, until only one remains: Isaiah Bradley.​

8. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    This show is coming into very politically charged space after 2020 and capitol attack. If the show doesn't handle these issues well, or they decide to both side the issues or US Agent gets more sympathetic writing than say the genderbend mixed flag smasher, I can see twitter slaughtering the show.
    I already see prejudgement and assumptions of the show and how they going to handle all these charged topics.

There are rumors that they might very well do that story. Seeing how they are introducing different young avengers in other shows, it would make sense that they introduce Eli Bradley/Patriot and his grandfather's backstory in fatws.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  9. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i have to say i'd rather see it titled Falcon and Bucky, because when i think of the name Winter Soldier i think of all the assasinations and evil brainwashed stuff he did.

Master_Lok and SevPrince like this.
  10. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    If this goes beyond one season (Yes, please!), I can see them transitioning Bucky to a post Winter Soldier incarnation.
    They could possibly address his crimes while under control of Hydra. In fact, I would not be surprised if Zemo exploits that.

I have no issue with this show reflecting some of the real world
    and possibly tying into the storyline that gives us Isiah Bradley (but I would like to think they change some of that storyline knowing how potentially controversial the testing element is, given actual history.)

In regard to TFATWS stepping backward from WandaVision, not. Marvel has many pockets in their Universe (Comics and film), so I expect certain characters to be more fluid in how weird and inventive Marvel can be. They can be very creative with a slug fest style show and I expect we may walk away from it very surprised. This variety is partly why I enjoy Marvel so much.

I am very curious about how they will incorporate Marc Spector’s Dissociative Identity Disorder (I am thinking something like a cross between Legion and a more dark fantasy-violent WandaVision) into Moon Knight. Spector’s capacity for extreme violence would be an interesting tangent. Also, will Mark be the TV anchor from Cairo Jasper Sitwell mentioned in CATWS (Or will that be Ororo?)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    SevPrince and Juliet316 like this.
  12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Plus keep in mind this show was supposed to be up before WandaVision, but Coronavirus pretty much screwed everything up and held up TFATWS finishing production for a good bulk of 2020 and WandaVision was more or less finished with the exception of reshoots that hadn't been done when Coronavirus hit (and in fact Black Widow was supposed to already have been out prior to both Disney+ series beginning to air). So MCU/TV continuity is probably going to be shot all to hell for awhile.

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Exactly. Not that I care (Can barely keep up with the characters I love, much less everyone else.) :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    They may have utilized the WandaVision reshoots and some rewriting during the pause in production on FATWS to address this. Remember WandaVision happens mere weeks after Endgame. It's hard to see how FATWS could have occurred prior to that. Or iIt may very well have always been the plan for it to run concurrent to the events in WandaVision to help explain why some of the other remaining Avengers aren't around to be called in for help in Westview.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Do we know when the Cap/Sam scene happens after Endgame? Because I can see Sam basically going to Ross right after and telling him "Cap gave me the shield, what do you want me to do?" and Ross immediately deciding to go with US Agent at that point... :p

Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I like the idea that various MCU characters are dealing with their own skirmishes and issues concurrently. This could hint at a new big bad wreaking chaos across the MCU too.

At any rate, I appreciate the risks Fiege continues to take with the MCU in selecting characters and crews & actors too.

As I said, I think there is a lot more than an MCU slug fest for TFATWS. Sam and Bucky are far more nuanced than their outward appearances may seem. I am looking forward to learning more about Sam too. He’s such a great retool of Falcon and Mackie is delightful. As everyone knows, I adore Bucky/WS. Very happy his story will continue, though he has had a very satisfying and full character arc already.

17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  18. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Gird your loins for disappointment.

19. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    New stills.
    link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [spoiler\]

Darth Smurf, Master_Lok and Sarge like this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Even if Falcon wasn't my favorite MCU character ever, I'd have to watch it just for the C-130. That's the real deal, camera is right in the middle of the cargo compartment looking forward to the flight deck, and all the equipment and gear is where it's supposed to be: the wooden "milkstool", the portable yellow cargo winch, the cargo tie-downs and center line vertical stanchions stowed at the back of the 245 bulkhead, horizontal stanchions on the right, the wheel wells just in frame on each side, booster hydraulic system reservoir on the right and utility reservoir on the left, removable rollers stacked and strapped down on top of the airdrop dual rail locks along both sides of the floor, paratrooper static lines just showing below the top of the frame, manual gear and flaps extension crank stowed in front of the right wheel well, first aid kits along both side, half the seats semi-stowed, even the way the light shines from the flight deck down the stairs, everything in that image absolutely reeks of nostalgia for me. I haven't been in a Herkypig in a decade, but looking at that picture, I can still smell it.

Bucky and Falcon are sitting awfully close to the place I did my best to avoid, they're probably not more than a yard behind the propeller arcs. If a propeller sheds a blade, it could slice through the fuselage right next to where they're sitting.

Master_Lok and EHT like this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I saw the stills and I'm petrified about one of them.
    [​IMG]

This looks like after a funeral. And since the shield is whole, I'm petrified this is Steve's. I'm not ready for that yet.

It could be a flashback maybe to Peggy's funeral:

[​IMG]

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So where is your pilot novel/screenplay etc. @Sarge ? :) No. Really. =D=

I wonder if anyone tipped the scriptwriter(s) off to the propeller arcs? That’s scary. I could easily see Zemo sabotaging that part of the plane to wreak havoc.

@dp4m I think you nailed the source of that photo.
    Or Tony’s funeral. Could be hours afterward. That’s such a powerful image: The responsibility in bearing that shield.

Sarge likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nm timeline doesn’t work.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The shield is still shattered at Tony's funeral -- so can't be there.

Master_Lok likes this.
  25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Ooops.
    That’s what happens when you’ve seen Endgame once...:D