main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Falcon & Winter Soldier [Disney+]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bilbo Fett, May 20, 2019.

1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    going back to those tweets now and seeing that Bucky has a scene with a therapist. Well that's good to hear. i was going to say that character needs some help, not just a little R&R in Wakanda and he's all good.

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  2. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    Social media reaction is here.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  3. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
  4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I don’t care what any of those Twitter people think lol

5. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016

Best thing I heard so far. Still annoyed how true cap 3 was denied to us.
    Civil war feels more sequel to age of ultron than to catws.

6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I don’t care what anyone else thinks either as I really enjoy what I’ve seen thus far (and love a bit too). The humor is great. And giving Bucky even more char

A few seconds of new footage

Sam throwing the shield[face_love]
    , and Bucky’s response to Sam about why he did
    not use his left arm is all kinds of :p self conscious =D=[face_laugh]=D=

NY Times article: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/12/arts/television/falcon-winter-soldier-disney.html

Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Really the first featurette sold it for me even if the whole thing is basically just PG-13 MCU Superpowered Lethal Weapon. That's honestly all I need.

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  8. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I feel like it's more of it's own thing, that pulls everything together that had come before it for a massive event, ala Avengers. I wouldn't have minded if we'd had a Cap 3 that was more about Cap on his own, and had Civil War as it's completely own thing.

Sarge and SevPrince like this.
  9. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    If someone wants to put interesting parts from NYtimes article in quotes, it would be appreciated.

I think Steve and team for sure needed their 3rd movie. Is why I feel Steve's story ended too quick and felt rushed.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Steve, Nat, Sam, and Bucky vs. that group of Winter Soldiers would have been amazing imo.

11. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Cap3 is an Avengers movie. However it was supposed to be, that's what it ended up being.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    To be fair, everything that happens in Civil War pretty much is a result of the actions of the Winter Solider (aside from Zemo being ticked off about Sokovia) and Steve keeping his mouth shut when he realllly probably shouldn't have. He drops the shield at the end cuz it's admitting a mistake.

I keep thinking "Cap returns the stones, lives with Peggy and potentially cleans up that timeline before anything bad happens" could be the 4th Cap movie if they ever wanted to do it.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I disagree. I don’t think of Civil War as an Avengers film and I don’t think it works as one. It’s a very personal story about the relationship between Cap, Tony and Bucky. That’s why the Avengers fade away by the end of the film because it really isn’t about them.

14. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Tony as the final antagonist thing throws it into a different category, I think.

Yes, Cap’s still the primary protagonist, but Tony ultimately outshining Zemo (intentionally) as the primary threat despite still being the deuteragonist makes it more of a fight between the Avengers’ two “dads” from the airport fight all the way through to the finale. The fact that the heaviest “loss” of the film is arguably Rhodey’s paralysis and the Avengers breaking up just leans it that little more into being a hybrid of “Captain America 3/Avengers 2.5.”

The result is that you need the film for both Cap’s personal story *and* for the Avengers story as a team.

Having said that, it works great as both. The only complaint I ever had was that they killed Crossbones too early and that it felt wasteful at the time to limit Zemo so much to a purely mundane makeover.

15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I’d add that killing the additional Winter Soldiers so quickly was a big mistake too. Hmmm...
    wondering if Walker or Zemo’s cronies received a variant of the Russian Hydra Winter Soldier serum?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Final trailer...lots of great stuff here with an awesome focus on Sam.
    [face_love]=D=[face_love]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    Sarge, Juliet316 and SevPrince like this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I don't recognize that helicopter gunship, maybe it's supposed to be a stealth copter like the ones that got Bin Laden?

Sam is standing in the back of the 130 cargo compartment shielding himself with his wings, and behind him you can see both paratroop doors are open. A moment later you can see him in a more close up shot with one paratroop door behind him, and the door is closed. Marvel, watch your continuity, people are paying attention! :-B

[​IMG]

Rew, wobbits, Master_Lok and 3 others like this.
  18. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    Sexy trailer. RIP Redwing.
    Now Marvel, can you give Sam his actual bird powers you cowards.
    Is time with all these people getting powers and mutants about to show up. Is Sam an actual mutant in the comics.
    I think that telepathic connection with birds is really cool.

19. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Looking forward to seeing Enfys Nest in action again.

20. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    This interview with the writer is good. I really hope the show reflects it.

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Don't most villains believe they are heroes?
    Thanos, Magneto, Doctor Doom, Darth Vader and plenty of others all think they're doing the right thing.

Especially Grace Randolph.
    No idea how she still gets access to previews of stuff like this.

22. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I don't care for her either but she's good at cultivating a following. She's a movie reviewer with a fairly large subscriber base who isn't openly hostile to 90% of what the studio puts out (unlike some of the larger Star Wars hate channels). That's what gets her early access to screeners. Smaller channels than hers get that.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    But she has openly argued with movie directors on Twitter and been known to spread fake rumours (like the one about Pedro Pascal quitting the Mandalorian).

I'm surprised certain studios still give her access after that kind of thing.
    They've blacklisted other reviewers for less

24. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Give me some specifics on the less.

Bad press, especially inaccurate bad press, is something studios are used to managing. Marvel/Disney usually does so by ignoring it. That's how little they're generally concerned with it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They fired Gunn (initially) & Carano for attracting negative publicity.

I've heard some the Fandom Menace outrage YouTubers complain about how Disney & other studios stopped letting them have access to stuff, blaming it on the fact that they don't like criticism and only want "shills" reviewing what they put out.
    Obviously the real reason is because they're toxic and studios want nothing to do with them.

If they cut ties with toxic content creators who spread false rumours and stir up hate, why then keep giving access to a known liar like Randolph who openly argues with movie directors when they contradict her "sources"?
    If I was a director/showrunner/writer I wouldn't want her having advanced access to my movie or TV show if she treats other directors that way.
    Protect your industry, don't reward such people for their behaviour just because they have a following and can promote your content.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    Juliet316 likes this.