main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Hawkeye, Introducing Kate Bishop and Pizza Dog

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Apr 19, 2021.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    loved the resolution with clint and yelena. stayed true to their characters, very little dialogue, but the weight was there.

florence pugh was such a brilliant catch for marvel, she's fully capable of carrying a trilogy on her own.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Was hoping for a juicy end credits scene. *sees what they gave us instead* I ain't even mad [face_laugh]

3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Because the Multiverse is a concept about which we know frighteningly little?

I'm dead serious, at this point anything that doesn't seem to line up could potentially be a sign we've branched off into a new reality, what happens in NWH has majorly disrupted the flow of space-time

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Something I really appreciate about the series is that it wasn't about Clint retiring and passing on the bow, ending his story. Instead, it was about the beginning of a partnership between Clint and Kate which is what I had hoped for. I am really looking forward to seeing more of these two in the future.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nah, he’s clearly still in the MCU. There’s nothing in NWH that contradicts Hawkeye anyway.

6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    :p
    “Hey…”
    [​IMG]

7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Also Fisk’s Hawaiian shirt and white jacket is straight from the comics. A Spidey comic in fact… [face_thinking]

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    echo ramming kingpin with a car to save kate reminded me of the brilliant scene from the defenders in which jessica jones does the same to save the defenders and stick from zombie op elektra in the chinese restaurant.

marvel netflix connection. :-B

Jedi Merkurian , Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The timeline isn't a spoiler, but tagging due to detail descriptions:

Hawkeye is set a year after NWH, at the end of 2025. The series director stated that it is 2 years after Endgame and is supported by details such as it having been "years" (plural) since Ronin was last seen (in Endgame, set in October 2023). And, as you note, we see the "new" Statue of Liberty being assembled in NWH, but the entire scaffolding is destroyed by the end of the film, alongside serious damage suffered to the new bronze shield. As the battle at the Statue of Liberty is taking place sometime in November of 2024 (it's just after Halloween [thus the decorations] and "weeks" before the Spidey tree finale [and the tree is not lit until after Thanksgiving]), it is unlikely that they would have been able to repair the shield, rebuild the construction site and finish the shield installation in so short a period of time as to have it open to tourists 2-3 days before xmas.

So, over the course of the next year after NWH, the battle damage is repaired and the shield is finished being installed, prior to xmas.

Glad I saw it Saturday after spider-Man while it was still standing, then! :p

Though Jessica's moment was far more badass, as it had the Defenders title theme kicking in with her arrival, Jessica's nod at Elektra and what was, essentially, their Avengers/Guardians circle moment.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'd agree with that, except, right at the end
    when Kate Bishop was brainstorming superhero names, the implication was that Clint was passing on the name Hawkeye to her.

That mid-credits scene brought tears to my eyes. I had to watch it twice. [face_laugh][face_rofl]

Also, another great elevator scene. Has Marvel made an elevator scene that didn't work?

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  11. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Or they could just both be Hawkeye, like in the comics. Two characters having the same codename isn't unheard of and it's not like the MCU uses these codenames a lot in-universe anyway. Plus I have a feeling that we are going to see a lot more of Clint and Kate working together in the future, since Jeremy and Hailee's chemistry is SO good.

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Two Hawkeyes, two Mockingbirds :).

13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Been super busy the past few weeks so got caught up just in time in time to watch the finale today. Really thought this show got better each episode and I loved the finale. Great to see some, um, familiar faces in the series and l love the MCU Kate Bishop now, very well done.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Honestly a little disappointed.

No big surprise with Kate’s mom… and I have to say it seems hypocritical that she’s arrested but Clint gets off and he escapes accountability for being Ronin yet again.

Jack turned out to just be completely clueless and a non-factor?

Yelena also didn’t come across right, all she needed was a talk? And no consequences for not following Val’s assignment?

I doubt Kingpin is dead, at least I hope not. And Maya’s whole arc is left up in the air.

Idk. Just didn’t like it.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Honestly I thought Jack was used brilliantly. He’s completely over the top which suits someone called Swordsman. He’s clearly competent but also definitely likes showmanship. I hope he joins the Avengers. It’d be hilarious to watch him with some of the more serious characters.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    @Ghost you know Maya is getting her own show?
    It's also very likely this was a teaser for Kingpin and he'll return in that show as well.

Jedi Merkurian and Rew like this.
  17. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    So what we have learned is now all 4 MCU D+ series have been heavily influenced by the comics and not post comic story tellers. That alone will tell you Kingpin is not dead.
    In the comics, Kingpin was blinded from a gunshot fired by Echo. You can bet the ranch he will show up in her series.

Loved this series as a whole, but was slightly disappointed with the finale. Maybe because I still have Netflix Fisk on the brain. But that's on me. However the Hawkeye/Yelena scenes were fantastic bringing closure for Nats little sis.

Not a big fan of The Rogers musical end credit scene. That should have been saved for the BTS specials. That said, this series is my second favorite of the four right behind WandaVision

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I did. Which makes my point more relevant
    because this show failed to sell me on her, and now not sure who she is or where she’s going or why we should care, and her defining moment probably meaning nothings since it’s likely he didn’t die.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It was refreshing that Hawkeye wasn't a story about some global threat to quash, but rather something more personal. Which is one of the reasons I like the Daredevil Netflix series so much.

Some think the Echo title is just a place holder for...
    Daredevil

But I don't think that's the case, but I would be very happy if I'm wrong.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That’s definitely not the case. I wouldn’t be surprised if Daredevil shows up in the show given his connection to Echo in the comics but the show is about Maya.

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    What's the plot of the Echo series?

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I imagine it’ll at least roughly follow her storyline from the comics which basically had her go on a quest of self-discovery following her trying to kill Kingpin. I could see the series reintroducing the Hand and Elektra to the MCU. Probably less of a chance of happening but Wolverine could possibly show up.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I hope it has random animated scenes of kids drawings whenever she thinks about the past.

24. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Why people think Fisk died ?

25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Because they haven’t read the comics.

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.